The 2nd Chance (Yizhan)

נכתב על ידי NatalieTaehyung

Xiao Zhan is an orphan who got adopted a lot of times but because of being unsociable he was sent back every... עוד

Character Information part 1
Character information part 2
Character information part 3
Prologue 1: Wangji's POV
Prologue 2: 3rd POV
Prologue 3: 3rd POV
Chapter 1: 3rd POV
Chapter 2: 3rd POV and Yibo's POV
Chapter 3: 3rd POV
Chapter 4: 3rd POV
Chapter 5: 3rd POV
Chapter 6: 3rd POV
Chapter 7: Yibo's POV
Chapter 8: Yibos POV & 3rd POV
Chapter 9: 3rd POV
Chapter 10: Yibo POV
Chapter 11: Yibos POV
Chapter 12: 3rd POV
Chapter 13: 3rd POV
Chapter 14: 3rd POV
Chapter 15: 3rd POV
Chapter 16: 3rd POV
Chapter 18: 3rd POV
Chapter 19 : 3rd POV
Chapter 20: 3rd POV
Chapter 21: Yibo's POV
Chapter 22: Yibo's POV
Chapter 23: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 24: Yibo's POV
Chapter 25: Yibo's POV
Chapter 26: Yibo's POV
Chapter 27: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 28: Yibo's POV
Chapter 29: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 30: Yibo's POV
Chapter 31: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 32: Yibo's POV
Chapter 33: 3rd POV
Chapter 34: Yibo's POV
Chapter 35: Yibo's POV
Chapter 36: Yibo's POV
Chapter 37: 3rd POV
Chapter 38: Yibo's POV
Chapter 39: Yibo's POV
Chapter 40: Yibo's POV
Chapter 41: Yibo's POV
Chapter 42: Haikuan's POV
Chapter 43: Meng Yao's POV
Chapter 44: Yibo's POV
Chapter 45: Yibo's POV
Chapter 46: Yibo's POV
Chapter 47: Yibo's POV
Chapter 48: Yibo's POV
Chapter 49: Yibo's POV
Chapter 50: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 51: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 52: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 53: Yibo's POV
Chapter 54: Yibo's POV
Chapter 55: Yibo's POV
Chapter 56: Yibo's POV
Chapter 57: 3rd POV
Chapter 58: 3rd POV
Chapter 59: Xiao Zhan's POV
Chapter 60: 3rd POV
Chapter 61: 3rd POV
Chapter 62: Different POV's
Chapter 63: Zhan's POV
Chapter 64: Zhan's POV
Chapter 65: Xiao Zhan's POV and 3rd POV
Chapter 66: 3rd POV and Zhan's POV
Chapter 67: Bowen's POV
Chapter 68: Zhan's POV and Bowen's POV.
Chapter 69: Zhan's POV
FINAL Chapter 70: Different POVs
EPILOGUE: Zhan's POV

Chapter 17: 3rd POV

10.3K 767 166
נכתב על ידי NatalieTaehyung

Here I am with the next update. Thank you for waiting and I hope you will like it ;D 

"Both!?" Haikuan asked horrified. Dr. Wang looked back to Xiao Zhan and then to Yibo.

"Maybe these two should leave the room first." he suggested.

"No! I will stay. I want to know what are you talking about. What exactly my brother expected?" Yibo complained and stared at Dr. Wang. The latter sighed and looked at Xiao Zhan. The younger boy didn't react. He still had his head on Yibo's shoulder and looked with glazed eyes into the void.

"Yibo, do you have your headphones with you?" Haikuan asked his brother calmly.

"What? Yes. Why?" he asked confused back.

"Let Xiao Zhan listen to some music." Haikuan said.

"Why cant he listen to the conversation? We are talking about him, right? Shouldn't he know what is going on?" Yibo asked.

"Yibo. We can still tell him later. We don't know yet what is wrong with him. When I know more I will tell him but not yet. So please do me this favor. Its the best for Xiao Zhan at the moment." Haikuan pleaded quietly and looked straight into Yibos eyes.

Yibo understood. He took out his headphones and put them over the younger boys ears. That brought Xiao Zhan back from his daydreaming and looked confused at Yibo.

"We have to talk about some issues so ... would you like to hear some music? I promise we will tell you later. Trust me, okay?" Yibo asked and looked at Xiao Zhan. The latter looked to Haikuan and saw him nodding in agreement while smiling softly. 

With one last look at Yibo, Xiao Zhan positioned the headphones over his ears and Yibo started the music. The younger boy closed his eyes and laid his head back on Yibo's shoulders.

"Yi Zhou, tell me now. I asked you to find out two things... how is it? What is it that I expected? Was he really ...?" Haikuan asked concerned.

"First, Xiao Zhan is indeed .... scared of women..." Dr. Wang said.

"How did you test it?" Haikuan looked tiredly to Xiao Zhan.

"You told me he had a panic attack in the restaurant when the waitress brought the dinner. That's the reason you thought that maybe he was scared of her.

When I made the bloodtest I asked one of my female assistants to come in to draw the blood. And as soon as she stepped in the room and only a few steps towards Xiao Zhan he panicked. He calmed down only with the help of Yibo after she left the room. And when I drew the blood he showed no major reaction.

Then before we went to the last examination I gave the blood sample to one of my male assistants and he went past them to bring it into the labor. Here too he didn't reacted. 

After the last examination I send one of the male doctors to him to ask him something. He backed away but didn't freak out. Which means your conclusion about him being scared of woman is indeed true." Dr. Wang explained.

Yibo listened to everything quietly and thought about it.

"When we went shopping in the shoe section today we asked a salesman if they have the chosen shoe one size smaller, and he was rather calm back then too ..." Yibo said and looked at Xiao Zhan.

"I hoped that maybe I was thinking too much but it seems like I was right." Haikuan said and looked back at Dr. Wang. "Yi Zhou, what .... what about the other thing?" he asked the doctor and the latter could see how nervous and scared his friend was so he took his hand and stroke it.

"What is 'the other thing' you wanted to know?" Yibo asked impatient. He never saw his brother scared like that.

"I examined Xiao Zhans full body and ...... he definitely didn't get raped. He never had intercourse with anyone. So don't worry about that. Rest assured." Dr. Wang said and Haikuan closed his eyes in relief.

"Thank god." Haikuan said and gave Xiao Zhan a gentle kiss on his forehead. "I was so scared." he confessed. 

Yibo almost jumped up when he listened to their conversation but suppressed this urge as Xiao Zhans head was still resting peacefully on his shoulder.

"How did you came to that thought, brother!?" Yibo hissed horrified.

"I don't know. He ... Xiao Zhan was always so scared. He didn't want anyone to touch him. He hates to share a bathroom. He didn't trust anyone. He hid in his room and in the past he tried to hurt himself. So I thought ...... that maybe..... but now I know that wasn't the case. Thank you, Yi Zhou." Haikuan said and Dr. Wang smiled at him.

"Calm down Haikuan" the doctor said, walked around his desk and gave Haikuan a hug. Yibo stroke Xiao Zhan back softly while waiting for Dr. Wang to continue.

"Are you alright?" The doctor asked and when Haikuan nodded the doctor went back to his seat.

"Well, after you told me a little bit about Xiao Zhan I also examined his larynx just in case. Its fully formed and has no injuries. So his larynx is not the reason he doesn't talk. We will have to wait for the results before I can say more,  but at the moment he seems to be a healthy young boy. Why he behaves like he does and why he doesn't speak.... well... you will have to find out, Haikuan. Its your jurisdiction." Dr. Wang explained.

"Thank you my friend. When do you think the result will come out?" Haikuan asked.

"In two to three days the earliest." Dr. Wang answered.

"Does that mean whatever Problems Zhan has... its nothing physically but a mental problem? Did I understand that right?" Yibo asked.

"I cant say that for sure, as I don't have the results right now but at the moment that seems to be the case." Dr. Wang said. "Haikuan, what will you do now?" the doctor asked his friend.

"I will search for information. I will observe him more and when the time is right I will have to ask him a few things. But not now. Its way to early." Haikuan answered and stood up. "Lets go home now, Yibo. Its getting late." he said to his brother but the latter didn't move. 

"Yibo?"

"I cant." Yibo answered while gently stroking Xiao Zhans back.

"Why not?" Dr. Wang and Haikuan asked confused at the same time.

"Xiao Zhan fell asleep" Yibo said and smiled. Both doctors looked at Xiao Zhan and when Haikuan carefully took off the headphones they saw the younger boy peacefully sleeping in Yibos arms.

"I will carry him to the car, Yibo. You can ...." Haikuan started but Yibo interrupted him.

"I will carry him!" he said and gently took Xiao Zhan bridal style on his arms. Dr. Wang rolled his eyes and Haikuan chuckled.

"Alright. You will. Lets go now." Haikuan said and turned to his friend. "Yi Zhou. When you have the results can you...." Haikuan started.

"I will call you right away. Don't worry. Now go or your little brother might kill me for wasting more time." Dr. Wang answered and glanced at Yibo who glared back at him.

Haikuan laughed, gave his friend a hug and walked out of the hospital followed by Yibo with Xiao Zhan in his arms. When they arrived at the car Haikuan opened the backdoor for Yibo and then went to the driver seat. Yibo placed Xiao Zhan gently on the middle seat and buckled him up. Then he slid next to him and carefully placed the younger boys head back on his shoulder.

Haikuan observed them through the rearview mirror and smiled. He then started the car and drove home.

On their way home Yibo saw a big pet store. "Wait, brother. Stop the car." he said and Haikuan did so.

"What's wrong?" the older brother asked.

"I want to buy something for our bunny. Wait a moment. I will be right back." Yibo answered. He carefully placed Xiao Zhans head on the headrest to not wake him up and left the car. 

In the meantime Haikuans mobile phone vibrated. It was a call from Dr. Wu.

"Dr. Wu. Is everything ready?" Haikuan asked him. 

"Yes they just left. I looked at the results and I am pretty sure Xiao Zhan will like it very much. Where are you by the way? Is he with you?"

"Yes he is sleeping at the backseat. Yibo just went to buy something. We will be home in another 40 minutes." Haikuan answered.

"Then I will lock the door and leave the keys in your mailbox." Dr. Wu said.

"You are going already?"

"Yes. My wife is waiting for me at home." he answered.

"Alright. Then don't keep her waiting. Thanks for today. I owe you a drink."

"You cant even drink... but nevermind that. A drink or something else. I will think about that. See you" he laughed.

"So be it. I will wait then." Haikuan smiled and cut the call. When he looked outside the window he saw his brother carrying two big bags which seems to be heavy. He quickly left the car to help him. They put them in the trunk and went back in the car.

"Yibo. You shouldn't carry heavy things when your back is in pain. When we are home I will give you a massage. You need it." Haikuan said and started the car. Yibo slowly put Xiao Zhans head on his shoulder again and leaned back.

45 Minutes later they arrived at home. Xiao Zhan is still sleeping.

"It seems like this day was too tiring for him, brother." Yibo said while looking at the sleeping boy.

"He is not used to it. But we will have to go out more often in the future. Bring Xiao Zhan to bed first. I will get the bags and bring them to the living room. You can unpack them tomorrow. Its almost 8 pm." Haikuan said and Yibo nodded.

Yibo carefully carried Xiao Zhan to the 3rd floor in the younger boys room without waking him up and laid him in the bed. Yibo then carefully took of his jacket, shoes and socks and covered him with the blanket. The younger boy snuggled himself deep into the blanket smiled slightly.

Yibo gently stroke Xiao Zhans head and kissed his forehead. "Sleep well, Zhan" he whispered and left the room.

Back in his room he took a shower. When he came out of the bathroom, Haikuan already waited for him.

"Brother? What is wrong?" Yibo asked him.

"Come here, Yibo. Lay down. I will give you a massage on your back" he explained and signaled him to come closer.

"You don't have to brother. Its not that painful...." Yibo started but was interrupted.

"Yibo. It doesn't hurt now but when untreated it will get more painful and you may not be able to play basketball for a while. Is that what you want? If not then lay down!" he ordered.

Of course he wants to play basketball. So he took off his shirt and laid down on his bed. Haikuan knelt next to him and started his work. It was quite for some time until Yibo broke the silence.

"Brother? What are we doing now? How can we help Zhan?" he asked.

Haikuan chuckled. "Since when do you call him only Zhan?"

Yibos face turned red. "I-I don't know... Its just... its more comfortable to say ... so ..." he stuttered an Haikuan laughed.

"That was not an accusation, Yibo. Its okay to call him like that if he doesn't mind. But ask him first, okay?" he asked his little brother.

"Fine, I will ask him tomorrow. Ouch.... That hurts..." he said and tried to stand up.

"Lay down! Of course it hurts but bear with it." Haikuan said and continued to massage him.

"So?" Yibo asked.

"What?"

"What are we going to do to help Xiao Zhan?" Yibo repeated his question.

"First we will let him be. He came here just yesterday. If we interrogate him now he will withdraw. Let him feel our love for him. If he needs something, we will help him. Of course he should stay away from woman for the time being, so if you want to hang out with Xuan Lu or ... what was the name of your girlfriend again? ... Ziyi?" Haikuan asked.

"Ziyi is not my girlfriend! She never was and never will be! We are only best friends." Yibo complained and Haikuan laughed.

"Alright, alright. No reason to get loud. So if you want to hang out with them, go somewhere else. Dont meet here. We will wait for the Xiao Zhans test results and I will try to find some information of similar cases. Don't worry too much." Haikuan said.

"I am just ... worried about him. He is scared of storms, of women, he doesn't like to get touched..." Yibo said.

"That is not entirely true... If you are the one to hug or touch him, he is not as scared as if others do it..." Hiakuan said and laughed when Yibos face turned red. "Are you sick? Why is your face so red?" Haikuan asked innocently and Yibo wanted to jump up but Haikuan hold him in place. "Stop moving I am not done yet" Haikuan said and chuckled.

"I am not sick! I ... You ... Its not... What are you saying?" Yibo stuttered and his hid face.

"You like him, don't you? You don't have to be embarrassed. I am pretty sure he likes you too." Haikuan smiled.

"I am not embarrassed." Yibo said still hiding his face.

"If you say so. Alright. I am done. Stay in your bed. I will turned out the light when I am leaving. Yibo, can you do me a favor?" Haikuan asked. Yibo turned around and looked questioningly at his brother.

"Stay by his side. Do something together with him. I may not have much time in the next few days but I promise I will have breakfast and dinner with both of you everyday. If he seems like he is lonely, keep him company. Can you do that?"

"You don't have to ask me that brother. Of course I will stay with him. But you too should be with him. You are his father after all. We dont know his past but I think he never really had a good father... How about you work at home for the time being? I mean when I was sick you stayed home too and made the consultation with your patients via video chat. So he can get used to us, get used to have a family who loves him." Yibo suggested and smiled at Haikuan.

"You are right. I will do that. I think that would unite us more. Thank you, Yibo. Tomorrow after breakfast we will show him his new room. I am curious too how it looks like. I hope he will like it." Haikuan said.

"He will. Definitely..." Yibo said tiredly and yawned.

Haikuan chuckled and stroke Yibo's hair. "Sleep now, baby brother" he whispered and stood up. He walked out of the room and when he looked back he saw Yibo already sleeping deeply. He shook his head in amusement, dimmed the light a little and closed the door.

He looked shortly after his son. When he saw him sleeping peacefully he went back to his own room at the 2nd floor and get off to sleep as well.

to be continued.

That is it again. Next chapter will come on Wednesday or Thursday.  See you then :D

1. I am sorry if there are any errors as english is not my native language. Do point it out.

2. Feel free to comment and vote. I would be very happy.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

141K 10K 48
Xiao Zhan is a cheerful and a happy boy but is afraid to love due to his traumatic childhood.... Will yibo be able to break the walls around zhan's h...
141K 9.2K 23
This is a fantasy story about Yibo and Zhan Zhan. A super rich Yibo meet Zhan Zhan also from a rich family but Yibo has a mission for Zhan Zhan that...
584K 35.6K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc