「 Girls' Frontline 」Nikolay's...

By Dualpen

After several years of living off his survival skills and scavenger instincts to come around trouble, weather... More

Attention all readers, new and old, before you read!
Ch. 1: Keep it Going
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5: First contract
Chapter 6: New faces on sight
Chapter 7: Fallen falcons
Chapter 8: Hunt
Chapter 9: Liberation
Chapter 10: Frozen Journey
Chapter 11: Snowy Relaxation
Chapter 12: Cry of the eyass
Chapter 13: Old time jabs
Chapter 14: New year, new life
Chapter 15: Settling down
Chapter 16: A calm day
Chapter 17: Preparations for the play
Chapter 18: Starring the puppeteer
Chapter 19: Start of the red show
Chapter 20: Introduction
Chapter 21: Crux
Chapter 22: Denouement
Chapter 23: Good morning
Chapter 24: Daily life continues
Chapter 25: Springs notice
Chapter 26: A timely arrival
Chapter 27: Getting back on track
Chapter 28: Old but gold
Chapter 29: Lockdown shenanigans
Chapter 30: Talkful day
Chapter 31: A hint of distrust
Chapter 32: New thinking
Chapter 33: Paperwork
Chapter 34: Bitter memories
Chapter 35: Working day
Chapter 36: Cloudy
Chapter 37: Recruting
Chapter 38: Little tour
Chapter 39: Arrival
Chapter 40: Release

Chapter 3

722 20 2
By Dualpen

[Inside the hangar, basment|
[22:23 Eastern European Time|

Nadya: You smell like tobacco...

Nikolay: And you smell like a barrel of vodka...

Nikolay replied, his eyes closed as he tried to sleep, beside him, with her back turned and glued to his, Nadya, who also tried to sleep in their pitch dark room.

Nadya: We both smell then...

Nikolay: I guess so...

The short silence that ensued after those responses let the ticking of the clock fill their ears before Nikolay asked something else.

Nikolay: Did my smell really get you sober..?

His question made Nadya keep silent, so much so that not long after it you could hear how she tucked herself more into the blanket.

Nikolay: I will take that silence as a yes...

At that instant the shifting of the sheets and blanket reached his ears, feeling how Nadya now faced him instead of the wall, at which he didn't say anything and simply also rolled over to face her.

Nikolay: Still angry..?

No answer other than her putting her arm and hand under the pillow and adjusting her head level to overlook him a bit.

Nikolay: Should I be taking that as a yes..?

Nadya: Should you mister Pushkin..?

She replied a bit mockingly, at which Nikolay did the same as she did previously, tucking his arm under the pillow he smirked and kept staring at her.

Nikolay: Hm, I wonder if I really should then my muse...

Nadya at this rolled over again before saying.

Nadya: Agh... Just go to sleep already...

And all that was the only words exchanged between them before they both fell asleep.

As the night passed and morning fell Nikolay woke up, turning his head to look beside him, finding Nadya tucked away with almost all the blanket for herself in her side of the bed engulfed in a deep slumber that seemed to be the results of having drunk beyond her limit.

Nikolay: Explains why it was cold tonight...

Muttered Nikolay to himself as he simply got out of the bed seeing Nadya untucked him from the blanket's hold already, leaving for him to only get up and get dressed before going up into the main hangar area and waking up the rest to have breakfast.

·-·-·-·-·

[Outside the hangar, south-eastern elevation|
[7:24 Eastern European Time|

???: There he goes again...

???: Should we?

???: Don't even dare...

The morning mist slowly settled down but still was enough to keep them completely covered from suspicions, something that both hooded dolls knew to take advantage of, right now simply waiting for the rest of their team to get here before asking for their next orders.

The spotter in question still making use of her binoculars as she observed the man herself. Far away from them, Nikolay walked around with his usual attire on, taking a short morning walk, his mask reflecting some stray sunbeams that pierced through the few leaves left on the trees.

"R1 and R2 do you copy me? Over"

A quick short-range message came through into their Digiminds altering both dolls as they froze in place and simply answered back.

R2: Loud and clear you slackers

"Good, good, we got busy on our way here, I hope Command informed of that, over"

R2: Agh, can you stop with the sly over's it makes me cringe...

"O v e r and out"

R2: Tch...

R1: *Sigh* At least they will be here soon, contact Command to inform them...

Just stated the doll lying on the floor aiming her GOL sniper rifle as she kept her entire focus on their target, who now after having walked and looked around for a good while, quickly made its way back inside.

R2: *Bzz* This Angeln-0 speaking, do you read me Command? Over

"We read you loud and clear Angeln-0, over"

R2: Haifisch-2 will regroup with us shortly, requesting to proceed to the next phase of the mission, over

"Authorization given Angeln-0, proceed with care, the extraction helo will be in the designated point shortly, over"

R2: Heard you loud and clear Command, out

R1: Huh, check that out

R2: Hm?

R2 got her attention picked by R1 who now followed with her sniper rifle the four dolls that left the hangar and made their way out of the area, soon enough R1 and R2 lost track of them as they walked away from their visual range.

R2: They are leaving him unattended...

R1: Looks like it, weren't there five reported dolls?

R2: There were, but that fifth one seemed to be in no conditions yesterday, they may have left to get something for her repairs while our target tends to her

R1: That is a possibility...

R2: Tch to have this window open for us and not being able to take the opportunity to our advantage...

As she muttered that however, the sound of footsteps behind them alerted them both, the two dolls turning around rapidly and aiming their guns at the figures that emerged from the depths of the forest. Though, there was no need to shoot or fight as they were the rest of their team, at which they lowered their guns and took a deep breath.

R2: Could have said something

R2s: We did inform you we would arrive shortly

The duo approached R2 and R1, the doll called R2s wore the same tactical gear the other two were currently wearing. Plate carrier, webbing gear, knee and elbow pads, all hidden away under the cover of a darkened cloak painted with woodland camouflage to conceal them in their current environment. The sling that wrapped around her neck was attached to the Hk417 she freely held with her hands.

R2s: Anyway before you start to pester me with your nonsense what's the situation?

R1: Just now we got the perfect opportunity, the assailants that protected our target just left the area it seems, we don't know for how long though so if we want to act we should act now

R4: Did you two inform Command already?

Asked the newly arrived doll as she unslung her UMP40 from around her neck and adjusted her cloak before staring at R2 who was the one in charge of the operation in the field.

R2: We did, evac will be ready shortly as well, it's a matter of capturing that man and getting our asses out of here

R4: Hmm, alright then, we two are ready, just give the order

R2s rolled her eyes upon hearing R4's rumble and simply checked her pouches, flashbangs ready to be pulled out and used, magazines reloaded with 7,62x51mm rounds awaiting to be fired.

R2: Let's start then, don't rush, silent quick steps towards the door and no shooting unless necessary

The group of four now got ready to descend from their position, R1 slung her GOL sniper rifle and unholstered an Hk45 handgun due to the CQC environment they were getting themselves into, each doll followed behind another, a conga line in which everyone got everyone's back covered. R2 being the point man peeked by the corner as soon as they reached the hangar and hugged the wall, no one to be seen.

Stacking on the door the four dolls organized themselves, leaving R2 by the right-hand side as the other three close to each other were ready to rush in from the left-hand side as soon as R2 breaches the door.

R2s unpacked one of her flashbangs and tossed it at R2 who quickly caught it and slid closer to the door while still hugging the wall, her G41 waving slightly with her movements along her sling.

Then as the tension of the silent forest pilled up upon them R2 finally pulled the pin on the flashbang, opening the door slightly with a light hit of her palm onto the doorknob and rolling the grenade inside, with her other hand she counted with her fingers for her teammates as she closed the door once more, leaving only a thin crack from which the sun tried to enter inside.

1, the dolls tightly grabbed onto their weapons.

2, safety off.

3, and a loud bang resonated across the area as the blinding white of the grenade escaped through the door and died out in an instant while the muffled deafening whistle reached their ears.

R2 rushed in and kicked the door open, the rest of the team followed close behind her, the hangar's lights were turned off for a strange reason forcing them to activate their night vision as they looked around and secured the hangar's main area. However, this was a bad move. As the dolls settled in deeper into the hangar and looked around seeing no one, the lights suddenly came on again, blinding and dazzling them as the night vision turned everything white. Quickly deactivating it in their dazzled state, R2, who was the doll who rushed deeper into the hangar, felt a cold feeling beside her head, the dreading touch of the stainless steel a pistol would have.

Soon the dolls reincorporated and saw their sister R2 being held at gunpoint by their target who unconcerned gave them a side look.

Nikolay: Добрый день! (Good day)

He said as his voice resonated around the empty hangar, R2 let go of her rifle and simply raised her hands.

Nikolay: I was expecting only two of you but I guess it wouldn't make sense to risk trying to capture me with just a duo

R2s: Drop your weapon

Nikolay: Ha, you four really think are in conditions to be giving demands here?

R2s: Drop the weapon

Nikolay: Really? How about, you, drop the weapon

He said and then not long after his words echoed into their ears, the racking of rifles and a shotgun resonated into the hangar, behind them Alisa, Alyona, Raisa, and Sveta pointing their weapons at the dolls, right into their heads.

R2: ...

Nikolay: Rookie mistake number 1, should have attacked me at night, rookie mistake number 2, your sniper was using a telescopic sight, rookie mistake number 3, you didn't check if my girls really left the area and now because you didn't bother to check the rooftop got captured

As he said this he lightly hit R2 foot with his own forcing her to take a step forward so she wouldn't attempt to try and fight him hand to hand.

Nikolay: On the floor and hands behind the back of your head where I can see them

He nonchalantly said. R2s, R1, and R4 still held their weapons high but upon feeling the light tap of the gun barrels pushing them slightly forward they let go of their weapons, R1 gently dropping the Hk45 onto the floor as she did as ordered, soon R2s and R4 followed along with R2 and R1.

Nikolay: And До свидания! (Goodbye!)

The hard hit all four received to the head blurred their vision and soon everything turned into complete darkness as they were knocked out cold by their target and his girls...

·-·-·-·-·

[Inside the hangar, basment|

R2s: My head spins... Agh...

R2s eyelids slowly flickered as she blinked to try and accustom herself to the poor light and still a somewhat blurry vision. Adjusting to where she was seated the doll noticed the black torn sofa in which she laid, the room was significantly smaller than before as well, and even though she would have liked to analyze her surroundings a bit more the figure of a trenchcoated man sitting across her current lying spot, showing off an MP433 Grach pistol resting on his lap alongside a cup of hot steaming tea which he indifferently observed impeded her from that.

Nikolay: Hm? Oh, you are awake already

R2s: ...

Nikolay: Why giving me that look? Ain't going to do nothing to you

He simply replied as he raised his head slightly and tilted it lightly towards her direction analyzing the doll up and down for a short bit of time.

R2s however was confused, why so calm? Furthermore, she was unleashed, no rope or restraints were put on her as she could freely move, however, that freedom was too light alerting her that she was stripped of all her equipment, even the hidden knife in her right boot. With only her mind and uniform left on her, she stared back at the man in silence.

Nikolay: *Sigh*

The man simply adjusted himself a bit, it seemed like he rolled his eyes because of her strict carefulness, although you really couldn't tell if it was true or not due to the ballistic mask that hid his face away.

Nikolay: You ain't going to drink?

He said looking towards her left, direction which the doll promptly looked to find a little nightstand right beside the left arm of the couch, and on it, a metal tray in which you could see another four steaming cups of tea, that if she had to guess, which wasn't hard, they were for her and her sisters.

R2s: ... What's all this about..?

Nikolay: Hm? I don't know, you are the ones who showed up at my house unannounced

He replied calmly with a low sly undertone to his words, almost as if the situation was funny to him, something that made the doll grimace, is this really the man they told them to be careful about?

R2s: ... Then why the hell are you offering us tea as if we were your guests...

Nikolay: Well you are just like I said before, simply unannounced

His attitude creeped her out slightly, his calm tone, relaxed posture, the offering of tea, and the uncanny aura that surrounded his figure, each made her feel all sorts of feelings such as confusion, disgust, and skepticism, yet, it had something that attracted her curiosity in a weird twisted way.

R2s: ... I bet it's poisoned...

She said as she gave a side look to the tea and then back at the man, clenching her first lightly as the sofa's leather below her thighs let out a slight, low, rubbing sound while the doll adjusted her posture to directly look at him.

R2s: ... And you, I could just no--

Nikolay: Kill me? Hah... Good one, your higher-ups will be very displeased with that you know? And what about your contractors, R2s?

As her name exited the man's lips the doll froze in place, he stole the words right off her mind, and just like that also quickly made a reply in which he added her name as well...

R2s: ... Don't mess with me...

She said as her anger poured out slightly, Nikolay simply chuckled at her reaction and raised his cup of tea looking at it for a while as the clouds of steam that were before were now gone.

Nikolay: Just enjoy the company while your memories of today still linger, your team doesn't have much time left before the code does its job

R2s: Oi, I said don't mess with me like that or I--

Nikolay: Am going to choke you? Kick you in the head? Punch me in the stomach? Break my arm? Knock me out cold..? Well I guess dreaming is free after all, but saying those things when you have a low-grade hand-to-hand combat chip installed on you is a bit over the edge, don't you think?

R2s: ... Who the hell are you, how did you even check on me so quickly...

Nikolay: Hm? What do you mean? I thought any engineer with some experience could check on the internals of an IOP manufactured doll in under 5 minutes, I mean you are all based on civilian models after all compared to Sangvis Ferri, a great disadvantage when you actually think about it... While you IOP dolls are more susceptible to complex cyber-attacks and internal direct hacking the rouge dolls over at Sangvis Ferri base all their complexity in a hive-like acting shield system that overwrites itself into a different code at all times making it hard to crack down as you would need to directly capture a core system function to even attempt to break through, but you? You just get knocked down and you are already exposed and at mercy to anyone daring to mess with IOP code

R2s didn't say anything while the man plainly talked about the topic as if it was just tribal matters that everyone should know, something which creeped her out just a bit more, it was true that they had certain flaws but starting to compare such things while having four enemy units right in front of you even if disarmed just seemed insane, more than that, idiotic.

Nikolay: But anyway, me rumbling about unfixable flaws like that is simply wasting time and disturbing your sisters' sleep, ain't that right R4?

R4: ...

R4 opened her eyes, somehow he knew she was faking her unconsciousness, something that would only make sense if what he spit out earlier was true and at this point, it could only mean one thing, their future was in his hands now, their life at his mercy, probably even that pistol that rested on his legs wasn't necessary but a simple tool of intimidation to keep the more rebellious dolls down from attempting something stupid such as attacking him or going over the edge.

R4: ... At this point, the only thing that matters to me is to know what you did to us...

Nikolay: Oh well, it's pretty simple, I had some already written program lying around I use to erase memories and other important files without damaging the integral structure of the main codes such as your Digiminds cognitive system

R4: ... So you mean to tell me that currently, we got a piece of a program slowly chipping away some of our memories..?

Nikolay: Check for yourself if you doubt me so much

As he said this R4 went ahead and executed a direct internal analysis of her systems. The analysis quickly got stopped as several errors popped up telling her she was unable to do further reading of the extension file that was currently running, the only name given being a mess of Cyrillic letters that probably were the abbreviation for some kind of homemade program. Trying to directly see what it was doing she quickly made her system find the original directory of the running foreign program, and sure enough, she found it. An executable file running inside her, attached to the main memory system that was threaded to the rest of her Digimind's main cognitive functions, quickly chipping away at her as they compressed everything into an encrypted file which upon attempting to open several black pop-ups appeared that endlessly wrote code that kept multiplying itself like a worm would, securing any direct attempts made by her futile to try and crack.

The bloating of her eyes with code made her sick, promptly causing her to simply close everything she could and deactivate all her internal systems that lingered around her vision usually, leaving her to see like a normal person would, only her environment and no other added info by the corner of her eye.

R4: ...

Nikolay: It's been doing its job for about ten minutes now, of course, I arranged some timers so I would have so time to chat with you before you fall unconscious for the next two hours with the memories of this week completely lost

R2s hid her face with her palms and rubbed her face as she left her neck resting on the back of the sofa, this simply couldn't be happening, even if they tried to do anything what would they achieve? They were simply going to drop asleep again in god knows how many minutes and forget all this ever happened, that their superiors sent them here, that they botched their last opportunity as FAK units, that this would probably be the last kind gesture they would have in a long while. Looking at it, it was somewhat cruel.

R2s: We are going to get scrapped...

She bitterly muttered to herself while gritting her teeth along with a low, quick, and short opening and closing of her lips.

R2s: This is it huh... We are fucked now no matter where you look...

As her hands slid down from her face and landed limply on top of her lap she stared at the reinforced cemented ceiling from which a handmade light hanged, emitting the toned-down neon blue that illuminated the room. Although the desperation R2s was experiencing right now didn't reach R4 who simply had her eyes fixated on something else, all the materials and tools behind Nikolay. Just above them, to their right and left... Workbenches and complex machining tables garnered pieces of destroyed dolls that were in the process of being broken down into their original components: cables, chips, cogs, plating, synthetic skin, batteries, conductors, with other components such as cores, emotional modules, and additional cognitive auxiliary systems that usually are used by the dolls themselves...

R4: How did you get those...

But maybe all that was described wasn't the eyecatching thing, it already was confirmed that the man sitting in front of them was more than capable of messing with complex engineering masterpieces such as dolls without much problems other than time, but there was for certain an eyecatching thing about the room and its contents. Those flame-like logos indicating Sangvis Ferri production materiel, more importantly, the doll that was in the process of getting scrapped was a Ripper by the looks of it.

Nikolay: Hm? Hah, all that? A little family secret

The man replied staring back at the doll after giving a side look to all his machinery, now observing how the last two dolls finally woke up from their knocked out state and looked around slightly confused without moving an inch of their body, their eyes simply darting around as the situation sunk into them.

Nikolay: Finally all four awake, that's nice to see

R2: ... What...

Nikolay: *Sigh* You aren't going to drink your tea?

R2s: What about you asshole, you been analyzing that cup between your fingers for at least five minutes now

Nikolay: That is true, but can you blame me for wanting to keep my mask on to avoid any punches to the face by you or your sisters?

R2s: Tch... A fair point I guess...

R1: ...

The two newly incorporated sisters were quite confused at the ambient they stumbled back into, to say the least. However, one of them, that being R1, knew that if there was no resistance put up by the rest, herself doing something like that would be a pointless waste of energy, something emphasized to the rest by her quite simply reaching out for one of the teacups and not saying anything as she took a sip from the now somewhat lukewarm red tea.

R4 and R2s deviated their looks towards their sister's action, their eyes now glued to her but as for R2 herself she had something else different in mind, she wanted answers so much so that she kept staring and trying to pierce Nikolay with her look.

Nikolay: At least someone appreciates the drink... Maybe red tea isn't of your liking?

Said Nikolay turning his gaze to the right to face R2, that statement being an indirect reply to R2 to go ahead and talk freely.

R2: What the hell are you planning...

Nikolay: I wonder that also, R2, I mean I could have just shot all four of you in the back of the head and forget about it but... Hmm

R2: ..?

Nikolay: I guess, at the end of the day... I want some answers myself, humans ain't merciful by nature after all...

R2: You really think we will answer whatever you are going to ask us? Do you even know in how much trouble you put us now?

Nikolay looked back inside his teacup, the liquid red that flowed inside aimlessly as he breathed made a mesmerizing movement, it looked like he pondered about what R2 just asked, but apparently not for long as he raised his head again to answer.

Nikolay: I guess, I really can't force you, nor completely understand your situation, but I know my fair share of experiences in similar situations... But at the end of the day, it never will be the same in other eyes and set of mind, so the answer will be no to both questions, but after all, I already got all the information I needed from you while you were unconscious, so who knows, maybe I wanted to just talk? Heh, nah, no one would believe in such words coming from a mere scavenger...

As he said this he turned his head towards the left, staring at the wall across the room that was near the door that led into the outside corridor, in this said wall a digital clock was hanging, ticking away.

Nikolay: Anyway, I suppose we really wasted all our talking time by now with your extreme skepticism except for one

He followed, hinting at R1 who in the end almost finished her cup of tea. Looking back at them with his free hand he holstered his pistol and got up, walking up to a table and leaving his cup on top of it.

R2: Wha-wha... what...

As one of them wanted to protest her systems suddenly made her all relaxed almost as if her systems got sedated, making her care little about the messages that run across her eyes telling her the system would be temporarily shut down.

R2: Wait... A... Second--...

And before they all knew it their bodies went limp and their eyelids shut, even if they didn't discern it at that instant Nikolay has already taken away the empty teacup from R1's hands while R2 tried to mutter her protests, the man now simply standing there upon the four suspended dolls with the empty teacup in hand.

·-·-·-·-·

"1-1, Teufelsrochen to Command, Angeln-0, Haifisch-2 has been evacuated, we are on the move"

"Copied, we will be waiting for further reports"

R2: ... Agh...

FAK Operator: Hey, einer ist aufgewacht! (Hey, one is awake!)

R2: ...Wo sind wir? (...Where are we?)

FAK Operator: Sie haben Ihre Mission nicht bestanden, wir sind gerade dabei zu evakuieren (You failed your mission, we are in the process of evacuating)

The doll tilted her head back into place and stared at the helicopter's ceiling above her as she laid on the floor of it currently behind, overwatched by one of their company's operators who sat beside her on top of his helmet, what happened? Wasn't it Monday just some hours ago?

FAK Operator: Im Ernst, Sie haben es jetzt getan, das Kommando wird darüber sehr wütend sein (Seriously, you've done it now, command is going to be very angry at this)

The doll however didn't respond, the air and the sound the helicopter made while flying simply freezing her in time as she tilted her head to the left, watching the outside through the open sliding door of the NH90 they found themselves in.

Sveta: You really think that was a good idea?

Meanwhile, on the ground, Nikolay and Sveta found themselves hidden away in the cover of a groove near the evacuation site FAK choose for their dolls, having dropped them there after they passed out from the code Nikolay used to get rid of their memories in a timely manner. The man now with binoculars on hand watched how the FAK helicopter slowly faded away into the cloud-filled sky.

Nikolay: Who knows, at the end of the day they are not our target

To his response, the doll stopped playing with the carrying bolt of her Saiga and sighed as she moved away from the tree she was leaning against, muttering something while walking back to the rest of the group.

Sveta: I wanted to kill some stuff...

Nikolay however clearly heard her mutter but ignored it, more focused with his binoculars scouting the sky from the cover of the trees to see if their guests finally left.

Nikolay: I think we are pretty clear from hostiles now...

Lowering the binoculars away from his face the man turned around and walked back to where the girls waited for him, in a matter of minutes reaching the UAZ 469 that was packed with supplies for their next operation, Raisa and Nadya inside said vehicle, sitting on the backseats adjusting their weapons preemptively.

Nikolay: Have you cracked the location already Alyona?

Alyona: I'm still on it, it's hard to get accurate information like this...

Nikolay: Take your time

Alisa: Hm, where are we exactly going chief?

Nikolay now grew a big smile upon hearing her question, his calm voice turning a bit colder than usual when talking with the girls.

Nikolay: Oh Alisa... You see, we are going to pay a quick visit to our harassers and show them that if you want a thing done, you should do it yourself...

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, inside the complex, storage bay n4|
[21:43 Eastern European Time|

RFB: A +4? Seriously?

K2: You the one who asked me if I wanted to play Uno

RFB: ... Hm, well I asked out of politeness, it's not like we are going to move out of this storage bay any time soon

K2: I will give you that... When did our break end?

RFB: I think in about ten more minutes?

K2: ... Huh, you heard that?

RFB: Hear what?

The doll asked back taking off one of her earphones and looking directly at her companion who sat by the other side of the barrel they used as a table to play the card game.

K2: I think a box just dropped, I will go check real quick

RFB: Alright

Responded the doll quite uninterested as she put her left earphone back on while her companion got up from the crate she was sitting on and left the cards on her side of the barrel.

K2: Don't take a peek at my cards, I will know!

RFB however simply shrugged this off and rolled her eyes as she put her own cards down and took out her portable game console and turned it on.

Meanwhile, K2 walked deep into the many corridors of boxes, crates, and barrels that the storage bay had, looking and peeking around the corners to see if she would see what that noise really was yielded results in the end. Her eyes gaze glued onto one of the very big boxes they had to move before with the help of a forklift simply lying on the ground, its lid off and its contents spilled.

K2: Augh, come on

Approaching the box K2 kneeled down and inspected the scene and to her surprise, the box was completely empty, only the supposed wrapping foam of its products left there scattered around the lid.

K2: Huh? That's strange...

Reaching out with her hand she took the lid of the crate and sighed before trying to drag it back to the box and close it again though before she could do anything of that a cloaked figure emerged from the shadows of the shelves and from behind covered her mouth, unable to mutter a single word the doll tried to escape the grasp of the attacker leaving the lid fall right to the floor with a resounding clack but it was a bit too late as not seconds after she got kicked right behind the knee making her drop to the floor before she felt the hard and cold feeling of a buttstock hit her head and make everything go black.

RFB: Hm? Yo K2 something going on there?

Her companion still unaware of what was happening simply took off one of her earphones and awaited an answer from her friend, nevertheless, no response, pure silence that only got disrupted by the pop music currently playing on her mp3.

RFB: K2..? K2

Upon not hearing any response to her further calling the doll got up and left all her electronic devices on top of the barrel, taking up her rifle and carefully walking towards the place she heard the abrupt sounds coming from.

Peeking by the corner however the sight of K2 lying motionless on the hard concrete floor made her eyes widen as she run-up to her, it seemed like the box fell on her and knocked her unconscious, that however was not the case.

RFB: ..!

Before she could reach behind the box that was conveniently a bit far from K2, the cloaked figure that awaited in silence with her Ak-103-2 quickly aimed her under-barrel launcher and fired it as soon as RFB noticed her, the shell that exited the launcher hit RFB right in the face, dropping her unconscious as the strong EMP activated upon impact and crossed some wires inside her Digimind.

Alyona: That was close...

Alisa: It was, why did you even wait?

Alyona: Wanted to secure the shot...

Alisa walked up to her sister and helped her get up, both dolls now quickly scrambling to secure the area, no one else inside the storage bay, and the loading bay's doors were all closed as the box in which they came hidden in was the last delivery of today.

Alyona: Alright all clear here

Alisa: Here as well, let's block them up and throw them inside the crate

Now the two quickly came back to the unconscious T-Dolls that laid on the ground. Alyona searched around her satchel and took out two small devices that looked like autoinjectors, quickly using both of them on RFB and K2.

Alyona: That should keep them sleeping for at least six hours before their Digmind overrides the mechanites

Alisa: I think that's more than enough for what we came to do

Alisa muttered back while taking K2 and zip-tying her hands before dropping her inside the box. Alyona rolled her eyes and did the same with RFB, now both dolls taking the lid of the box and closing it back so it looked like the box simply wasn't stored.

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, outside the complex|

"We are in, currently trying to reach the air ducts main system so we can maneuver around"

Nikolay: Hm...

Sveta: What's their current situation?

Nikolay: They are inside the complex without any problems, the main thing now is how are, we, going to get inside without problems

Nikolay took a deep breath before turning off his phone and looking at the G&K complex they were currently trying to raid, however getting inside seemed like it was going to be somewhat difficult.

They currently were awaiting further reports from Alisa and Alyona, as well as Raisa who was their scouter this time. Nikolay's trio was hidden away in the tall grass near the complex walls, protected by the looming mantel of the night which grew darker and darker even now, the only light sources around being the faint moonlight and the enormous watchtower that was in the middle of the complex, it's spotlight darting around the perimeter of the base scanning for threats while the T-Dolls patrolled around.

Sveta: What was the plan again?

Nikolay: Alyona and Alisa infiltrate the storage area of the base through the last delivery of today and find a map of the complex and send it to us, from there we use the rappel gear to climb the outer walls but looking at the base closely now...

Sveta: So we brought this gear for nothing?

Nikolay: Not entirely... We still should get to the rooftop of the main building wherever it is so we can access the air ducts and regroup with the other two

Sveta: How are we gonna get in then?

Lyuda: Have we checked for the garbage area?

Sveta and Nikolay turned their head around and stared at Lyuda now.

Sveta: What?

Lyuda: They should have a garbage disposal area or at least a building for that purpose which should also contain the plumbing, we could try and sneak through there

Nikolay: It could work...

Sveta: ... You joking right?

Nikolay: Any other idea then, Sveta? I doubt our target will wait for much longer inside that base

Sveta: *Inhale* Let me think...

And at that moment is when Nikolay received a new message, this time from Raisa.

"Something is wrong with the watchtower, it's pointing its searchlight at one place right now, some guards are going to check that area, I recommend using this opportunity to sneak in"

Nikolay: Nevermind, we going with the first option

Sveta: Huh?

Nikolay: The searchlight is distracted or we use this to our advantage or we go with plan B

Sveta shook her head and quickly nodded at Nikolay, Lyuda didn't say anything to this and simply followed the two through the tall grass, the trio stopping promptly as they were reaching the concrete clear space there was between the wall and the plain.

Nikolay: Any hostiles around Lyuda?

Lyuda: Negative

Nikolay: Let's go then

As he said this he ran off from the cover of the vegetation, making his way across the small field of grey before hugging the wall and looking up said structure. Sveta and Lyuda followed behind him, Sveta not wasting time in deploying the grappling hook as she reached the wall, backing away slightly and making some momentum so she could latch the device properly to the wall, pulling from the rope several times to check if it grabbed onto the wall's ledge correctly after doing the throw.

Sveta: Alright, good enough

Attaching the clasp hook of her rappelling gear to the rope the doll now quickly climbed up the wall and stayed on top of it moving slightly to the right as much as she could to make space for Lyuda who climbed next and did the same as her, this time to the left however, having now left Nikolay to be the last person to climb the wall and stay on its ledge.

Promptly after Sveta detached the grappling hook and started to pull the rope up until she got all of it afterward reattaching the grappling hook to the other side and throwing the rope down the wall so they could descend into the complex. Thing which they did quite rapidly.

Now as they found themselves inside the complex, Nikolay turned on his night-vision goggles and scanned the area with Lyuda while Sveta removed the grapple hook and stored the rope back inside her utility belt for later use.

Nikolay: Everything packed over there?

Sveta: Yep, let's move out

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, inside the complex, main building|

G36c: Hm I think we can deliver some more files while we are here

FNC: Sure let me just throw away the wrappers

G36c: Alright

While G36c waited for her companion to go throw away the wrappers of the chocolate bars she kept in her pockets for a while now, the doll adjusted the files she held onto. Her attention however switching rather quickly towards her beret which was slightly tilted forward right now.

FNC: Alright I'm done!

G36c: Ah alright, let's go then

And the silence invaded the corridor again, not a single soul around and not a single ambient noise, not even the air system could be heard filtering the corridors. Well, that lasted for a little while though.

Alisa: Are they gone..?

Alyona: I think so...

Alisa: Augh, remind me to not use your hiding spots next time...

Both dolls popped their head from the bins and looked around, the plastic wrappers of the chocolate rolling down from Alisa and falling right back into the bin.

Alyona: You had any better ideas?

Alisa: Knock them out...

Alyona: And where would you hide them?

Alisa: In the same recycling bins we are in right now

Alyona: ... *Inhale*

Alisa: Let's just find the map already and move on...

Simply replied Alisa getting out of the bin entirely and dusting herself off anything that might have stuck to her. Alyona did the same as her sister and looked around, the T intersection they found themselves pretty barren, something that didn't inspire much confidence if they were here to try and find a map of the building quickly.

Alisa: Where do we go now? Left or right?

Alyona: I really don't know...

Alisa stared down at Alyona who found herself lost in thought with her eyes wandering around as they tried to discern just a little hint that could help them here.

Alisa: Guess we could interrogate those two we knocked out earlier

Alyona: What?

Alisa: Doesn't Nikolay do that with us normally? Access our short memory port and extract any memory unsuited for us

Alyona: Are you hearing yourself? We aren't Nikolay Alisa, do you even know how to temporarily remove our synthetic skin?

Alisa: Well what other option we got..?

Alyona turned around and now stared back down at Alisa, not saying anything as she did. The silence between the two quite dense. It's unusual for Alisa to come up with things like this, but still, that touch of innocence from her words showed she really didn't know about what she was talking about.

Alyona: ...

Alisa: ..?

Alyona ...

Alisa: To the right then?

Alyona: To the right...

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, inside the complex, auxiliar weapons storage|

Sveta: They are taking too long...

Nikolay: Have patience

Sveta: Patience? Nikolay we are inside the goddamn enemy's main base and attempting to try and catch into our grasp their fucking leader and you want me to be calm when we haven't received a single goddamn message from the two for fifteen minutes now?

Nadya: If you look at it Sveta this is the best outcome

Nadya's interference into Sveta's nervous complaining made the doll freeze in the spot. Redirecting her eyes gaze towards the woman who sat beside Nikolay, she observed how ever so slightly Nadya was playing with the carrying bolt of her rifle as she looked down at the floor of the shed. The woman's eyes didn't take long before inclining their gaze towards the right and setting their look upon Sveta.

Nadya: The mission is going too smoothly even when we organized this on the spot, first FAK, then no patrols towards here, after that the searchlight, and as a final cherry of the cake this small armory being unguarded

Sveta: ...

Nadya: If you knew about balance you should expect that all can go downhill from here, even when we are avoiding detection thanks to our digital inhibitors, don't you find it strange that the path was laid out so easily?

Sveta stared back in silence at Nadya, her brown heterocrom eyes shining brightly in the darkness of the armory. Her caramel-colored eye especially had a certain blueish tone to it thanks to the little moonlight that hit their faces in the complete darkness, painting a disturbing scene to any normal onlooker. Furthermore reinforced by her sudden smirk that appeared as she inhaled deeply yet silently.

Nadya: Too me that our visit to Kryuger is an expected appointment

Her words resonated along with the sound of her Ak74M carrying bolt being pulled entirely down and releasing a live round that sprung from the rifle's receiver falling down and bouncing around the concrete floor until it came to a stop.

Nikolay: Hm? I think I got a message...

The click of the bolt being released of the pressure inflicted by Nadya's finger resonated again as the doll got up and adjusted her cloak back while walking towards the door, in this process passing right by Sveta.

Nadya: But that's just a theory, Светлана... (Svetlana...)

Sveta: ...

Sveta didn't reply, she didn't even flinch at the scene, yet it was a bit touching in a really bad way that she knew that this was the usual doll on missions by the name of Nadya. Tightening the grip around her shotgun, she gulped down a bit of saliva and took a sharp inhale. Although she snapped out of it really quickly upon feeling Nikolay's touch on her shoulder.

Nikolay: Let's go, we now got directions, it's just a matter of doing the thing promptly

Sveta: Right, lost my cool for a second

Both followed directly behind Nadya, reaching now the exit of the armory Nadya leaned against the door and listened, complete silence outside as inside. No light penetrated the door's lower gap either, so the searchlight wasn't pointing towards this area right now.

Nadya: Clear, guide the way

As she said these words she twisted the door's knob to the right and left it open for Nikolay to take the lead, which he did promptly. Taking the position of being the point man of the trio he directed himself with the vague indications he remembered from Raisa that would lead them towards the main building.

Slipping through the mantle of the night sky and the crescent blue moon the team carefully reached their first quick stop, that being the cover of some unorganized material that laid around the auxiliary helipads.

Nikolay: Any movement?

Asking this Sveta peeked out of cover. Seeing the searchlight slowly made its usual route of 360 degrees turning around the perimeter of the base, and no silhouettes of dolls could be seen around, the doll crouched back to cover and replied with a negative to which Nikolay nodded.

This process repeated itself several times until they reached the walls of their objective, now starring at the five-story building that erected itself by the north-east of the base and extending itself up until the other end of the base, it reminded of a hospital in an architectural sense. Relatively tall, wide, and extensively pillared around its entire structure to make it durable and sturdy.

Sveta: I think that reached the rooftop

Replied Sveta looking over at Nikolay after she finally threw the grappling hook and tried to pull on it to see if it stayed in place, something which it did do.

Nikolay: Nadya goes first this time

Nadya: Rogered

And just like that, in a matter of seconds, Nikolay and Sveta were left alone down below on ground level as Nadya quickly climbed the rope with her rappel gear and secured a foothold on the rooftop.

Sveta: So... What exactly are we going to do with that Kryuger, Kolya?

Nikolay: Maybe a talk would be nice

Sveta: ... An organized talk?

She asked, remembering the words muttered by Nadya back in the building they were hiding in about twenty minutes prior, making a further remark on organized.

Nikolay: Paranoia is a bad trait for a maiden's heart Sveta

He replied and tapped her side two times with his elbow as he still watched her back, steering her to use her rappel gear and go regroup with Nadya on top of the rooftop.

The doll obliged without further saying and climbed up the building, action which was done quickly after by Nikolay as well as soon as he confirmed that Sveta was already on the rooftop.

The trio finding themselves on their final stop of the first part of their journey scouted the area, no one on the rooftop, that could only mean that they either had patrols all around or their stationed guards were all mainly on the giant watchtower that raised to the skies in the middle of the base.

Nikolay: Hm... Sveta get the tools ready when you are done with the grappling hook, we got quite the path of vents to go through

Said Nikolay looking at his phone as he turned off his night-vision goggles for a second to check the indications they got from Alyona and Alisa now.

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, inside the complex, outside Kryuger's office|

"See anything?"

"Two guards by the door, both with shotguns"

As Alyona replied to Alisa through their internal comms she twisted the knife slightly so she could see the guards through the reflection better.

"They seem distracted talking"

"You reckon we can take them out?"

"Doubt it"

Hiding the knife back the doll sheathed it and checked her gear, they would be seen as soon as they peek by this corner so directly assaulting the guards with the inhibitor bullets wasn't going to work.

"What do we do then, we need to clear that or Nikolay and the rest will drop right on top of them"

"I'm thinking Alisa, I'm thinking..."

Meanwhile, the two dolls that stood guard by the double door that lead into Kryuger's office kept talking, unaware of the scheming that was going on just 10 meters away from them.

RMB-93: Yeah that was a concern for a while I'm still doubtful about this increase in security

Saiga-12: It is what it is 93, Kryuger is slightly concerned about that target, how many times have that man already made a mess of the external contractors we used?

RMB-93: At least four

Saiga-12: See, if it was me, what was his name... Mr.Nikolay? Doesn't matter, if I was him I would nip the problem right off, he sure enough owns sufficient resources to escape at least four kidnappings, now that, that wouldn't surprise me at all if he would try and have a chat with the boss on his own terms now

RMB-93: You really think someone is that stupid to attack the main base though..? We got cameras all around, the watchtower, and several more outposts across the area, it's impossible someone gets beyond the watchtower at least

Her companion rolled her eyes and simply sighed before looking over at RMB-93.

Saiga-12: Really? Think about it, what just happened not so long ago, the watchtower's searchlight was distracted for at least fifteen minutes because of a damn deer... Besides why so concerned? You are getting paid more aren't ya? This is extra hours as you say

RMB-93: Well, yes, but I would like to rest as well, my echelon is probably having a movie night while I'm here standing in front of Kryuger's office doing nothing

As she said this Saiga simply chuckled while shaking her head, although it was quite the stupid reason to be mad about it in the end was somewhat relatable. However, as her companion finished complaining the lights across the building started flickering making both guards weary of the light show going on on top of their heads.

Saiga-12: What the hell?

RMB-93: Is the power supply experiencing technical failures again?

Both tightened the grip around their shotgun grip and simply kept looking around a bit concerned, it isn't usual for the base to act like this so something must have happened to the power supply.

RMB-93: Huh? Is that a soda can..?

Saiga-12: Eh? Wait... It is... Was it there before?

RMB-93: I mean the carpet is blue so it may off been there the whole time...

Saiga-12: I kinda doubt it... MDR I swear if this is another joke of those that you upload to the forums I'm going to get mad

As Saiga raised her voice to let herself be heard across all corridors she tightened the grip around her weapon. There was no response.

Saiga-12: This is creeping me out for some reason...

RMB-93: *Sigh* Stay here I will go check the corners

As her companion said this she lowered her shotgun but still kept alert, watching on RMB-93 general direction to react quickly if something happened.

Soon enough, RMB-93 found herself looking down at the can for a while before letting go of her shotgun and picking it up, nothing happened.

RMB-93: It's just an empty soda can, how did it end up here?

Saiga-12: ... Just throw it to the nearest trashcan then

RMB-93: Sure

However, as the doll did as she was told and turned around the corner the only thing Saiga could see at that instant was the lights flickering again and two hands grabbing her companion, muffling the surprised scream as her shotgun fell to the ground leaving her disarmed and out of Saiga's view.

Saiga-12: RMB?!

Although before she could run towards her aid, from the other side of the corridor, she received a punch to the nape from behind, followed yet by another one to her back aimed at the lungs, the hit leaving her out of breath made her movement clumsy as she tried to avoid further attacks.

As she took a bit of distance and turned around to aim her Saiga the cloaked figure didn't hesitate and quickly grabbed the barrel of the shotgun at which instance she followed up with a hard kick to the doll's wrist forcing her to let go of the weapon. Gritting through the pain and looking up the attacker got rid of the magazine and threw the Saiga-12 and its magazine in opposite directions to the guard doll's direction, leaving her completely disarmed.

Alisa: Square up redhead

Saiga-12 however could only watch astounded as her attacker raised her fists and took a defensive stance. Now a grin appearing on the doll's face she also raised her fists.

Saiga-12: You poor bastard picked the wrong target...

The guard doll muttered this to gain a bit of time for her to access her inter-link to raise the alarm to the garrison of the base nevertheless all she got was static and that the radio systems weren't working.

Saiga-12: What in the--

Confused and realizing that they were set up for good, she failed to react to another attack, and yet again it came from the back. The other figure having finished with her companion made her way to aid her own companion and simply injected Saiga with the same device they used to put K2 and RFB to sleep.

·-·-·-·-·

[G&K mother base, inside the complex, inside Kryuger's office|

Z-62: It's awfully silent now...

JS-9: The lights are back on again... Mr.Kryuger, do you know what's happening? I can't seem to be able to get the radio frequencies in

Z-62: My inter-link ain't working either...

However, the man behind the desk kept silent, analyzing the situation. They couldn't raise the alarm as nothing electric worked, and the extra gird of power they had for occasions like this was also cut off, it was clear that whoever was behind this didn't hesitate in making sure to not let anything slip. The situation was, to say the least, in bad odds for them as everyone was isolated now, meaning no one will know what's happening as they simply keep doing their usual routines and assignments until it flicks on them.

Kryuger: I can guess who is behind this but... To think they would be able to pull this off almost immediately after and throwing all our intel out the window...

JS-9: It still doesn't read anything, it's all static, Mr.Kryuger I suggest for you to hide and leave it to us for now

Kryuger: I appreciate your concern JS-9 but I doubt I will be able to, they probably know I'm here already

Z-62: ...

JS-9: But...

As the doll wanted to protest something one of the doors that lead inside the room slightly creaked putting Z-62 and JS-9 on high alert as they aimed their guns towards it and backed off, walking closer to Kryuger's desk to pick up some distance. Both submachine-guns barrels darted gently around the wall and door as the girls expected an assault but in the end, it was an awkward minute of silence in which the door was just slightly open letting the yellowish light of the corridors mix with the blueish lightning of Kryuger's office.

JS-9: ... *Gulp*

Z-62: ...

Kryuger: ..?

More silence from both ends, what was even happening outside the office? And then the question was answered. Two small black objects rolled into the office through the crack, the doll's eyes widened as they realized what it was. But they couldn't even react before the flashbangs went off blinding and deafening them completely almost as if it was calculated that they would go off immediately after being rolled into the room.

Despite adapting back to reality quite quickly the two guards could only but watch as they were pinned down to the ground and injected with some sort of code that messed with their Digimind making everything hazy before falling asleep, just like that, defeated in a matter of some seconds.

Nikolay: Добрый вечер (Good evening)

The male voice that resonated across the room snapped Kryuger back to reality, his eyes settling on the sight of her guard dolls being tied up and zip-tied while the man they tried to catch so many times walked up to his desk, pistol in hand with the safety off as the cold steel barrel was being pointed right between his eyebrows.

Nikolay: Mind if we talk?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 63 22
This is continuation of Patriot's Pride - my previous story. When Mikel with his team were sent to suicidal mission - to kill Elisa, Unbreakable got...
26.6K 348 25
All right's go to their respective owner's. Alex Rose is a Division Agent, and C.I.A. When he was in the Army, he became the most decorated soldier i...
20.2K 192 8
Y/N L/N, a young soldier, fights against the russian army. They have invaded his country, Germany, and took control. During a battle he lost his frie...
105K 2.3K 60
Dude I suck at writing these things, so if you have one for this book, hmu Trigger warnings: Talk about suicide, suicidal thoughts, talk about rape...