βœ“ | π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—²π—Ήπ˜† βͺ le...

By ssourwolfs

▍ π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜π—Ÿπ—¬. ❝ what a plot twist you were. ❞ 𝘰𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯... More

π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜π—Ÿπ—¬ !
𝗔𝗖𝗧 π—­π—˜π—₯𝗒 !
π—¦π—›π—œπ—§π—£π—’π—¦π—§ !
zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
fourty.
fourty-one.
fourty-two.
fourty-three.
fourty-four.
fourty-five.
fourty-six.
fourty-seven.
fourty-eight.
fourty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.
seventy-five.
seventy-six.
seventy-seven.
seventy-eight.
seventy-nine.
eighty.
eighty-one.
eighty-two.
eighty-three.
eighty-four.
eighty-five.
eighty-six.
eighty-seven.
eighty-eight.
eighty-nine.
ninety.
nintey-one.

sixty-eight.

1.1K 42 8
By ssourwolfs

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

olxviii. barry can't get it through his head to not time travel

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"WHAT? NO BIG Belly Burger?" Thawne questioned Barry and Chloe from where he stood in a pipeline cell, "Its one of the few perks of living in this time."

"And one of the perks of mine will be killing you." Chloe growled, her eyes narrowed at the man.

"I don't think Barry over there would allow that." Thawne pointed out, before going back to Big Belly Burger, "We're out of cows where I come from. . You don't care about that. You both have questions. Go ahead."

"Not sure where to start..." Barry paused, "Thawne. That is your real name- Eobard Thawne."

"Since the day I was born." Thawne nodded.

"And when was that?" Barry questioned.

"137 years from now." Thawne told him, stopping the pacing, "Thats not what you want to know." Barry looked down, Chloe was still glaring at the man. She really wanted to kill him, slowly and painfully. But Team Flash was all about heroics, they could never kill anyone. Note the sarcasm.

"Go ahead, Barry. Ask it."

"Why did you kill our mother?" Barry demanded, softly.

"Because I hate you. I hate the both of you. Not you now. You years from now." Thawne explained.

"Yeah? Well I hate you too." Chloe hissed.

"In the future." Barry stated, ignoring his older sister.

"In a future. Yes. We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another." Thawne turned to Chloe, "And you ruin everything."

"Why? Wh- Why were we enemies?" Barry questioned.

"It doesn't matter." Thawne shook his head, before he briefly turned around, "It doesn't... Matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen. And finally, I knew how to defeat you once and for all. Travel back in time, kill you as a child." He made a quester with his hands, "Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you, future you, that is, followed me back, and we fought. We both landed some pretty solid shots. And then you, future you, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad." Thawne paused, "But then I thought... what if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self would never recover?" Thawne had his arms crossed, "Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I was stuck here. Stranded in this time unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. And The Flash was gone, and so I created him."

"What do you want sympathy? Someone for you to cry to because you got stranded here? Well that was your own fucking fault. And you don't deserve an ounce of it. You better be happy your in this cell because if you ever get out I will fry your fucking brain and body belong recognition that no one will ever know it was your body." Chloe threatened her eyes blazing electric. The man let out a small humorless laugh, as Barry demanded, "Why train me? Why train Chloe? Why help us save so many people?"

Thawne went up against the glass, "Because I needed you to get fast. Fast enough to rupture the space time barrier and create a stable wormhole through which I could return home." He paused, "And if I didn't help Chloe. . That'd be too obvious of my hatred."

"Why would I ever do that?" Barry whispered to Thawne.

"Because... Barry Allen, if you give me what I want, I'm gonna give you what you want. You could go back and save your mother. You can prevent your father from going to prison. You can reunite the Allen family." Thawne tried to persuade Barry. He shook his head softly saying, "No. No, I don't believe you."

"Even if he did. We're not going back and saving our mom. It's not fair." Chloe growled to the two men, mostly aiming it towards Barry. Barry then slammed his fist against the glass, "I want to kill you right now."

Chloe let out a scoff, yeah, sure, Barry wasn't capable of killing anyone.

"I know that rage. Your sisters had that rage since the night your mother died. I used to feel that rage every time I looked upon you. And, now, somehow, I know what Joe and Henry feel when they look at you with pride." He paused, "With love."

"No. NO. Don't you ever say that to me!" Barry yelled.

"Your stupid tactics aren't gonna work on us, Thawne." Chloe hissed.

"I know you're both upset, but I'm giving you a chance."

"WE DON'T WANT IT!" Chloe screamed, her hands zapping now. He just went on, "I'm giving you a chance and undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance?"

"No! We do fucking not!" Barry stayed silent as the two Allen's started walking away, closing the pipeline, but not before Chloe growled out, "I hope you rot in there, forever."

"THE RARE OPPORTUNITY to go back in time and right a wrong and save your mothers life--" Barry nodded to Steins words, "-Quite the paradox Harrison has presented you with, Mr. Allen."

"There is no paradox." Chloe growled, sticking her hands in Leonard's jacket pockets, "He's not going back. It's not fucking fair to anyone else."

"The chance to be with someone you love? Seems pretty cut and dry to me." Caitlin told the two Allen's, despite the glare on Chloes face, though it was slowly cracking. If Barry went back and saved their mom, she would have never meet her friends, Joe, Iris. She would have never meet Leonard.

"At first blush, Dr. Snow, it would appear so, but this gift has unparalleled risk." Stein told them.

"Barry, the night your mother died, the night you saved yourself from being killed, the event altered the timeline you were already on and changed the course of history." Stein explained.

"So what you're saying is we're living in a parallel universe?" Cisco questioned.

"Just like when I time traveled before." Barry nodded.

"But he- He only changed one day that time." Joe spoke up.

"Exactly. Now imagine 15 years of compound experiences. One different decision, no matter how big or small, impacts everything that follows. Moments upon moments, choices upon choices. No relationships, nothing would be as it is today, and you'd never know this difference because you'd never remember any of it." Stein ranted.

"So, if I go back and save my mom, my dad doesn't go to prison. Chloe and I never live with Joe and Iris." Barry started.

"You both might never meet me. Or Carlin or Ronnie." Cisco added.

"I'd never meet Lenny." Chloe spoke, her voice cracking a bit, clenching her fists together.

"Truth is, there no real way of knowing what your life will be." Stein told him.

Barry looked to Joe, Chloe following his line of sight, the cop saying, "There's no choice here, Barry, Chloe. You have to do this. You gotta change the past." Joe grabbed his coat and walked away.

Barry followed after him, Chloe stayed put, gripping her boyfriends jacket tightly to her body.
What if Barry went through with it? What if he saved their mom? Got their dad out of prison? They'd never meet Joe or Iris or Caitlin or Cisco, Ronnie. Chloe would never meet Lenny, or Lisa, or Mick.

"Oh fuck. Oh shit--" Chloe panted standing up, "I- I gotta- I have to- Air- I need air." With that the woman ran out of the cortex, passing Joe and Barry running towards the elevator.

"Are you okay?" Both Barry and Joe questioned looking to the hyperventilating woman.

"Uh- Yeah. Totally not like I'm freaking out about you all saying Barry should go back in time and you know- Save our mom, we'd never meet you. I'd never meet Lenny! You know I don't care if that's selfish- I don't- I don't wanna lose him--" Chloe heard the elevator open, signaling she could leave but the woman just crumbled to the ground.

Barry and Joe quickly ran over and helped the woman up, "Chlo- I can't understand anything your saying."

Chloe slowly but surely calmed down to the point she could talk normally, "If- If you go back and save mom. . Then we won't meet our friends, our family. I won't meet my fucking boyfriend who I love with my whole life! I- I don't care if that's selfish. I really don't-I can't lose Leonard; Barry, Joe, I can't. Everything's starting to make sense and you can't just take that away, I'm finally happy. Truly fucking happy- I've never been this fucking happy and I don't want that taken away. . Even if it means not getting mom back. It's just not fair to anyone else, Barr. The past is the past, we can't change it. We shouldn't change it."

The two men were silent, they didn't know what to say, Chloe finally stopped panting, she got out of their grasps.

"Just think of how this will effect everyone. Not just you." Chloe told Barry, a small smile on her face. Right now, she was going to see her boyfriend. If Barry was going to do this, she was going to spend as much time as she could with Leonard.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

AUTHORS NOTE | word count : 1604

AH-

CHLOE DOESNT WANNA LOSE LENNY-

IK BARRY DOESNY ACC SAVE HIS MOM (AS OF SEASON ONE) BUT FUCK YOU BARTHOLOMEW! DONT YOU DARE HURT CHLOE LIKE THAT!

Okay time to stop with the caps- I hope y'all didn't hate they way I wrote this out.

Also poor chloe- man she gets hurt too fucking much-

WERE ON THE LAST EPISODE!

WERE ON THE LAST EPISODE!!!!

ME RN: 😳😳

A N Y W A Y S

Favorite Part?

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 351 15
In a battle with the Reverse Flash Barry Allen accidentally reverses time to the day he woke up from his coma (this is my very first story please try...
18K 208 35
When Barry Allen gets Struck by lightning, he wakes up nine months later, to find he is faster than the speed of sound, he also wakes up to find he's...
268K 6K 21
"I'd say it's a pleasure, but now I'm topless!" A story in which a girl moves to Central City and becomes something she never would have imagined...
86 0 9
On Earth-1, Barry Allen is the Scarlet Speedster. His mother died when he was 11, and his father was sentenced for it. On Earth-1, Barry dealt with a...