The Summer I Met You

Af MissJina

Starlien actress Lennox Taylor has it all; fame, fortune, and the most amazing fans in the world. Without war... Mere

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
EPILOGUE
Authors Note

CHAPTER 43

598 38 1
Af MissJina

                                                                      4 Months Later

Walking through LAX with an entourage, AKA my family and three best friends is quite the scene. The only person missing is Rob trailing along with his autograph book, and Starlien gear. Unfortunately, he and Monica had to stay behind. Monica had some early labor scares, so she's been on bed rest and Rob didn't want to leave her. She's doing much better but didn't want to take any chances.

I'm trying to hide from the paparazzi only for the fact that Max has no idea we're all here, only Stacy does. It's quite easy to escape anyone knowing I'm Lennox Taylor, but they are staring us all down for other reasons. It's LA, so seeing our crew shouldn't be such a shock. Maybe it's the fact that Dan and Walker are both wearing matching Hawaiian theme button down shirts with flower buds all over and matching kakis. It wasn't planned. Dan just showed up at our house in the same outfit. When we left New York, it was snowing, I guess the two of them couldn't wait for the warm weather. They walk through the airport with a strong confidence like they've been here before. Walker has, but Dan has no clue.

Dad and Elli are a few feet ahead of me. Elli's got on his cool new space themed headphones as we walk through the crowded airport. He did surprisingly well on the long flight and even made friends with a few random passengers. Maya and Alexa are by my side as we walk through together. Maya said she didn't want to stand next to Dan, and that the two of them looked like they stepped off the set of the movie The Hangover.

To keep myself hidden I'm dressed in Max's grey sweatshirt he gave me back in the summer, a black trucker's hat tipped downward, and big hollywood-esque shades. I'm starting to sweat, but I don't want the surprise ruined. There have been a few stares from the paparazzi, but I think Dan and Walker are enough of a distraction that when we walk by a group of guys with cameras, they don't even blink an eye.

Maya and Dan have never been to California before, so they were both thrilled when dad and I offered to pay for all of it. Recently I got the part of a girl named Sally in a new Netflix movie that's being filmed in New York. We are here in California to shoot some extra scenes and it worked out perfectly with our two-week winter break.

The four of us; Maya, Dan, Alexa, and I have been keeping this a secret since before Thanksgiving. Dan almost slipped a few times on our group skyping chats with Max. I almost did too during our private ones. Thankfully we all kept it under wraps and now we are headed to his house to surprise him. I sent Stacy a message the moment we landed and thankfully it was perfect timing since Max just came home from his shift at a local movie theater. He says it's nothing like Orbit, but he likes it. He and dad talk on the phone occasionally too about the new movies that have come out, and all about working in a theater.

Dan, Maya, and Alexa are in awe of the limo we get to drive around in for the next week and a half. Alexa has experienced the star treatment with me before, but the other two have not.

"I could get used to this," Dan says, leaning back in his seat.

Him and Maya are sitting up by the window where the driver is. He puts his hands behind his head and pretends to kick up his feet.

"Yeah, well don't. You'll never be famous with your cocky attitude," Maya says, in a joking way.

"Lennox can help me out, right?" Dan asks.

I roll my eyes at him. I've gotten used to his sense of humor, and once I got to know him, he's actually not a bad guy. He was behind setting up a huge Halloween birthday party for Maya. It's nice that he is no longer pining to be with me. He and Maya are the cutest couple I know. They are the ones that hold hands in the hallways and kiss at their lockers when they separate. It's been a long time coming for them.

Alexa is still happily single and pretends to barf every time she sees the two of them being lovey dovey. However, just before she left, she met this guy at the ice skating rink we've been going to on the weekends. He plays ice hockey and now suddenly she's totally into watching the Islanders whenever they are on TV.

The driver starts to slow down as we turn a corner. We've only been driving for twenty minutes. I wasn't expecting us to get here so soon. I'm shaking from nerves and excitement. I haven't seen Max in person since he left in August, but things between us are amazing. We find some way to talk every night, even if it's just a goodnight text to each other on our busy days. I shoot another text to Stacy letting her know we are pulling up to the apartment complex he lives in.

"He's gonna piss his pants," Dan says, leaning up to get a better look of the complex that he lives in.

"I think Lennox is going to puke," Alexa says, nudging me.

"No, I'm not. I'm good."

I try to shake off my nerves. Max's door is within view, apartment number five. I can see the black number clearly even from here. I take a deep breath. The plan is for me to show up at his door and while he shows me around everyone else is going to quietly walk into the house and when we come back out to the living room, they'll all be there.

I take another breath before I knock on the white door in front of me. There are muffled voices inside, and think I hear Stacy asking Max to get the door. The lock clicks and now my heart is racing so fast I think I might pass out. It swings open. Max is standing there with his mouth wide open in shock. He's dressed down in old sweats and a ripped black t-shirt that looks like a Jurassic Park shirt but says Jeff Goldblum. I think I just fell in love even more.

"Lennox?"

"I was in the neighborhood and I..."

I don't get to finish my words because his lips slam into mine. I stumble back a bit, but he throws out his arm behind me to steady me. Happy tears fall down my cheeks, and my lips curl into a smile from underneath his. He pulls back just an inch to get a look at me, then places his hand against my cheek.

"You're really here?"

"In the flesh," I say with a smile.

"Who's at the door?"

Max turns around, Stacy's whole face lights up like she's surprised. Max steps aside as she pulls into a hug. When she pulls away, she looks over my shoulder at the limo squinting like she's trying to see everyone inside.

"So, you're going to just keep me outside or are you going to show me around?" I tease.

Max smirks. "I'm sorry, I'm just in shock that you're here. I thought you weren't coming until your February break. If I'd known I wouldn't be looking like a slob," he laughs.

"There was a change of plans." I lie, shrugging my shoulders.

I knew I was coming during Christmas break but made him believe I didn't have the shoot until February.

I bump into him. "The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw you wearing that shirt, was how much more it made me love you." I laugh. "Just don't ever show my dad, he might try to steal it from you."

He chuckles. "I'll make sure not to wear it around him."

Ha! If only he knew who was lurking outside the apartment. I step inside with the two of them, Stacy lingers by the door.

"Max, why don't you show her the garden between our house and Mrs. Millers. The strawberries are to die for," Stacy says.

Max grabs hold of my hand and drags me through the apartment. I don't get a chance to see much inside the house, as he leads me out through a small eat- in kitchen and out a sliding glass door. I'm in awe by the courtyard we've stepped into. There's grass in the center and along the outer edge, and a rectangular concrete path the circles around. The grass smells freshly cut, and it looks like if you threw yourself onto it, it would cushion your fall.

"This is so peaceful back here."

I let my eyes roam around the small area. From here you can barely hear the cars from the expressway.

"It's my favorite spot in the complex."

He starts to walk, but then stops and pulls me into him. His arms wrap around my entire body, and he holds on tight. His cheek rests against the top of my head, reminding me of the way he held me at Jones Beach that night. It feels like it was so long ago that I was in his arms like this. I don't move, because if I do then this moment will end. I know we have a lot more moments in our life together, but I'm not ready for this one to end.

"I'm so happy you're here," he whispers, his voice breaking a little at the end.

I lift my head to see some tears in his eyes.

"Max, is everything okay?" I ask.

He sniffles and wipes his eyes quickly. His entire face lights up when he looks at me, and he nods.

"It's perfect. I'm just still in shock that you're here."

"I'm still processing it all myself," I say. "Some days I want to just hop a plane and move out here again to be with you."

"I feel the same way."

"How's your mom been with everything?"

"She's been amazing, and that secretary job that Walker got her at that Media Lawyer firm has been so good to her. She loves it, and she just might have a crush on the doorman in the building. They have a date next week." His smile lights up his face.

My eyes widen. "That's amazing to hear. I'm so happy for her, she deserves it. How's your dad?"

A week after Max returned home, he went to visit his dad, and things went well. His dad ended up buying a farm up North and opened his own country story where he sells produce and other items from the farm. He's doing really well, and every other weekend Max goes up to help him.

"Really good. Maybe I could take you up to the farm and you could meet Raine."

Raine is one of the horses that his dad has, and Max's favorite out of all five. She's a sweet brown horse that was abandoned by her previous owners. Thankfully Max's dad was able to save her, and she's been with him ever since. He's sent me a few pictures and she's beautiful.

"I'd like that a lot. Believe it or not I've never ridden a horse before," I say.

"Well, then let me be the one to teach you."

One day, meaning that he sees a future just the way I do.

"Sounds perfect." I reach up on my toes to give him a quick kiss.

Max leads me over to the small garden that his mom talked about. If I lived here, I'd spent an insane amount of time just lying in the grass and enjoying the quiet. The only sound is nature at work, birds chirping, and bugs buzzing. It's perfect.

An older woman with snow white hair sticks her head out of her window as we come across the garden.

"Maxy, how's she looking?"

"Perfect, Mrs. Miller," he calls back.

"Who's the pretty girl, Maxy?"

She wiggles her white brows at him.

"This is Lennox, my girlfriend."

I don't think I'll ever get used to him calling me that.

"Oh, that's Lennox. I wish I could come out to give you a proper greeting, but my bunions are killing me today. I'm supposed to be resting," she laughs.

"It's lovely to meet you Mrs. Miller. I'm in the area for a while, so maybe next time," I say.

"Sounds wonderful dear, don't forget to try a strawberry."

She gives a small wave, then shuts her window.

***

Max and I stroll around the small area for a little while, just enjoying each other's company. We pop a few strawberries in our mouths while we walk around. He tells me about his day at work and how he wants to show dad the theater next time he's around. If only he knew.

"Hey Max," Stacy calls from the doorway. "I need some help, the cable went out again," she yells.

"Alright, we'll be right there."

"Handy Max always to the rescue." He jokes.

I smile and take hold of his hand. We reach the doorway, and he stops for a moment. I stare up into his eyes as he leans down to kiss me.

"You're really good at surprises," he says, in between kisses.

"You have no idea," I chuckle lightly.

He gives me an odd look, and then leads me back into the kitchen. A distinct scent of cocoa and sweetness fills my nose. He rushed me outside so fast earlier I didn't have a chance to smell it.

My heart starts racing nervously again as we make our way through. As we reach the threshold, I allow Max to go first. He stops short.

"Surprise!" Dan shouts, like it's a birthday party.

Max stands there stunned looking at everyone standing in his living room.

"So, how good am I at surprises again?" I tease.

Max looks between me and all his friends. His face lights up and his eyes wrinkle at the sides.

"Ax! Surprise!"

Elli comes running over to Max and grabs a hold of him. Max grunts as Elli knocks into him and I swear Max's smile grows even more if that's possible.

"Hey buddy." He gets down to his level.

"Did you plan this?"

Elli nods. "I fly on plane!"

Max smiles at him. "That's so cool, I love flying on planes."

Elli smiles and then waddles back over to dad. Max stands and looks around the room, tears in his eyes. He puts his attention back on me.

"This is... I have no words," he laughs through some tears.

"Dude, stop being such a sap," Dan says.

He walks over and gives Max a hug, they smack each other on the backs as they hug. Maya's next and he squeezes her so tight she giggles. Alexa runs in giving a dramatic hug because that's just so Alexa. Max then sets his sights on Walker and back at Dan.

"Did you guys' plan that?" he asks, referring to their clothing.

"I showed up at their house like this." Dan shrugs.

Everyone laughs at that. Dad and Walker give Max a hug as well and then Dad and him go on a tangent about movie theaters. Seeing everyone together makes my heart happy. Stacy notices me just standing in the doorway and comes over. She throws an arm over me and squeezes.

"You did good Ms. Lennox. I love the way you make my son light up," she says. "Thank you."

I look up at her and she's got tears in her eyes, as do I. She stands there with me, her arm around my shoulders as we watch everyone in the room. This really is the happiest I've ever been.

***

A few hours later Max and I are laying on a blanket staring up at the stars in the middle of the courtyard. The neighbors have the yard decorated with white twinkling lights, it's beautiful.

Everyone went back to the hotel an hour ago to get settled in. Max and I wanted a little extra time together, so he's going to drive me to the hotel later. Tomorrow is a long day on set for me, so Alexa, Dan and Maya are going to go sightseeing with him. Dan, being the jokester that he is, bought Max and him matching fanny packs so that they really looked like tourists. I told them I expect to be sent a ton of touristy type pictures, with the fanny pack.

Max leans on his side to face me and wraps an arm over my stomach. His hands gently caress the skin where my shirt rides up a little. My lower belly aches as he lowers his face towards mine. His kisses are soft at first, but with each passing moment they are filled with a passion I've never felt from him before. The only sounds back here are of us breathing heavily as we kiss. He pulls away and looks down at me. His fingers are still gliding around my stomach. I gasp when he reaches above my waistline.

"You're beautiful," he says. "Inside and out. Seeing our friends and family here together all squished into my tiny living room was so amazing. Thank you, Lennox."

His fingers start to go lower, and I find myself wanting him in ways I've never wanted someone before. The feeling is new and scary but experiencing it all with Max I know whenever we decide to get there it will be all worth it. This time I won't rush into doing anything I'm not ready for, and with Max at my side I know he'll give me all the time I need. He swoops down and kisses me again. Starting at my neck then working his way up to my lips.

I giggle as his mouth tickles my cheek, and he stops to look at me. Everything in this moment is perfect. With the year coming to a close, I realize that I'll be celebrating its ending and a new beginning with everyone I love all here with me, and I couldn't ask for a better way to start a new year.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

339 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...
33.6K 1.8K 32
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...
544K 23.5K 53
UNEDITED Best friends. Neighbours. And a spark that can't be ignored... Emyln Walker and Hainsey Stone have been best friends since grade five, but j...
240K 18.7K 37
He's a cynic. She's a romantic. One deal, one wedding, and one gigantic secret stand between them. ** Harper Lane wants to believe in true love. Afte...