Gate: Thus S.A.T.O Fought The...

By IMajorBeast

IW/AW and Halo - Gate Crossover S.A.T.O Infinity was exploring the vast distance of space, when they discover... More

Chapter 1: A New Discovery
Chapter 2: Welcome To Falmart
Chapter 3: Lone Wolf
Chapter 4: Past meets Future
Chapter 5: Battle Of Italica and Diet Meeting
Chapter 6: Diet Session
Chapter 7: Tour Of Japan
Chapter 8: The Hakone Mountain Night Battle
Chapter 9: Hotel Fight
Chapter 11: Vehicle and Weapon Demonstration
Chapter 12: Recon Duty (Short Story)
Chapter 13: Operation: Hunting Party
Chapter 14: Tour of the Infinity
Chapter 15: New Troops, New Missions
Chapter 16: Training Facility
Chapter 17: Crew Expandable
Chapter 18: Team Player
Chapter 19: Capital Assault
Chapter 20: Wolverines
Chapter 21: Down The Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Holiday Visitors
Chapter 23: Daddy's Home
Chapter 24: Merry Christmas
Chapter 25: Preperations
Chapter 26: London Has Fallen
Chapter 27: Escaping London
Chapter 28: Embassy Siege
Chapter 29: Preparing for Battle (Short Story)
Chapter 30: Welcome To My World
Chapter 31: The Easy Day Was Yesterday
Chapter 32: Seahawkins Seafort
Chapter 33: Next Operation (Short Story)
Chapter 34: Operation: Goalpost
Chapter 35: Deniable Ops
Chapter 36: American Consumption
Chapter 37: Bag and Drag
Chapter 38: Manhunt
Chapter 39: Street Fight
Chapter 40: Battle of Los Angeles (Updated)
Chapter 41: Site F
Chapter 42: The Gulag
Chapter 43: First Contact
Chapter 44: Battle of Italica II
Chapter 45: A New Enemy
Chapter 46: Reinforcements
Chapter 47: Battle Of Eliptical Sagittarius
Chapter 48: Collapse of Firebase Alpha
Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts
Chapter 50: Tying Up Loose Ends (Short Brief)
Chapter 51: Loose Ends
Chapter 52: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend
Chapter 53: Site Hotel Bravo
Chapter 53: Endgame
Chapter 54: Six Invitational
Chapter 55: Spies vs Mercs

Chapter 10: Return To Falmart (Gun Show)

4.1K 74 28
By IMajorBeast

Location: Alnus Base
Time: 1000 Hours
Date: 09/20/2018 Japan 10/15/2558 S.A.T.O

After the massacre the three Spartans did at Hotel Sankai, the team finally made it back to the gate where they cross and returned to the Fantasy world of the Continental of Falmart.

Upon arrival they were instantly greeted by Japanese Self-Defense Force, they were checking the passengers of the white van and spotted Itami, Tomita, Kuriyubashi, and The Falmarts Natives. They were about to question who were the five other people but Kashima revealed they were the extra security detail for Itami and were part of S.A.T.O.

Everyone exited the van as they let out a breath of relief as they finally made it back home. "Any news about Lasky?" Mitchell asked Chief.

Chief got to the back of the van and grabbed his gears. "Cortana gave me an early schedule saying that there will be a military show about our firepower." The team looked at Chief in shock so the past 2 days they missed the world is planning to do a gun show.

"Well, what time are they supposed to come here?" Carter asked the Spartan-II.

"There coming here at midday just 2 more hours." Chief replied.

"But why would they want an early show like this." Kashima said.

"Because, they want to know about our weapons and technology." Cortana said appearing beside them in a small A.I chip since the connection is established. "They want to see what our weapons was like and Lasky maybe planning in trading tech, if it benefits the entire earth."

"Well, that's good." Jerome said grabbing his bag. "Lasky is not dumb enough to just give those 21st-Century superpower some new toys while other nations left behind it will cause a chain reaction."

"Hey, at least there not like S.H.I.E.L.Ds who is always paranoid about the unknown." Carter told them.

"Just as we got here, Agencies from the three superpowers are already trying to abduct the natives as leverage." Mitchell said before going to the back of the van and grabbing his bag.

"That's why he will make it clear for them." Cortana said. "If it benefits the entire earth then he will need to have permission from both Presidents of the U.E.G to trade our secrets."

"This is like the time we invited S.H.I.E.L.D and the heroes onboard the Infinity remember that?" Kashima asked them remembering the time the Infinity slipped into an unknown slipspace that took them to an unknown world of superheroes and they have to reveal themeselves.

"C'mon our ride is here." Carter said as a warbird decloaked and the JSDF personnel jumped in surprise to see a helicopter coming out of nowhere.

The Warbird landing gear pop out and landed gracefully in front of the team luckily they were still near the gate cause it's path is big enough to fit the entire Mammoth. The side door of the helicopter opened and the team entered. Itami being curious glanced the inside of the helicopter to find no pilot in the cockpit.

"Hey, where's the pilot?" He asked looking at the Future Soldiers.

"It's on autopilot." John said placing down his heavy gears and weapons. He tapped the side panel and the Warbird's side door closed. Itami took a step back as the Warbird hovers in the air for a second before it cloaked causing the helicopter to vanish and the sound of the rotor became quiet until they can no longer hear it.

Inside the Warbird

Inside the Warbird everyone is inspecting their gears making sure to that they didn't miss anything when they were still in Japan. "So, about the massacre at the hotel who's cleanijg the party?" Kashima asked the group.

"I've contacted the Ministry of Defense to dispose of the bodies and bring them back to the countries and have them fake a report of the hotel fight." Chief replied checking his MA5 pulse rifle.

"Not bad. Although I gotta tell you guys something." Mitchell said getting the groups attention. "When I was interrogating one of the S.A.D Officers the guy told me they were planning to use the natives as leverages in order to access the gate."

"So that basically connects the dot." Carter said

"No." They looked at Kashima putting away his S.A.T.O Warfighter Rig. "When I was looking at the radio frequencies from different military channels. Multitude of nations from N.A.T.O are arriving from the gunshow and are planning to bring a sample of a weapon."

"Then will keep an eye out." Jerome said. "We're not gonna be stupid enough to let these idiots steal something from us."

After few minutes of conversation Firebase Alpha can be seen outside the panel of the Warbird and the team is relief to be back at base once again. They've exited the Warbird and were greeted by their teammates all waiting in a nearby holo table fixing and upgrading their weapons.

"Cortana just give us the details." Emile said coming up to greet his Commander. "How you doing sir?"

"Fine, just busy for the past days." Carter said seating down beside them grabbing a soda. "How's Ororo?"

"She's doing fine. I gotta picture of our little girl, I think she helped her draw it." Emile said showing Noble One a drawing which shows him, Ororo, and his little girl name Nidia they were all holding hands with a smile.

"Nice." Carter said giving back the picture before realization struck him. "Wait, if your drawing came then that means..." he was cut off by Noble Four.

"Yes, sir the mails already arrived in your room." Emile said pointing a thumb on his room inside the Firebase. Carter quickly ran with unmatched speeds as he dashed to his room.

A chuckle from behind came from Fred. "Good work for reminding him."

"Hey, just doing my job. Beside's if I did forget Emma would probably be mad that he missed his daughter's first drawing." Emile said.

With Mitchell he laid down tired as Gideon approached him from behind. "Oy, no dozing job's not over until I say it is." He said slapping his face lightly.

"Yeah, yeah." Mitchell said waving his hand trying to stop Gideon from slapping him. "Just tell me something to do, then I'll get up."

"Alright." Gideon said forming a smirk. "Your letter from Sam and Betsy has arrived a few hours ago and it's in your room."

At the mention of his letter Mitchell instantly got up to the spot he was seating and ran straight to the room where he is sleeping in the Firebase. Gideon and the rest of Sentinel Team were laughing, seeing their friend rushed to his room not wanting to miss his son's letter and drawing for his daddy.

"Well there he goes." Knox said watching Mitchell run to his quarters.

Chief's team greeted him as he came by and laid his stuff down. "Chief good to see you back." Kelly said giving him a handshake.

"Good to be back as well." He greeted back as well. "What are some things we miss here while we were gone?"

"Nothing." Linda said from behind. "Other than the gun show the marines are gonna be demonstrating at 12 you did not miss anything."

"What about the slaves that were supposed to be rescued?"

"Were still finding more intel." Douglas said as he and Red Team approached Blue Team. "Lasky is been working double time in finding these guys."

"He knew better to rescue them." Chief said as they all gather around the table. "If we didn't rescue them, then this would cause an international outrage from the gate. Governments from other nations would be furious that their citizens is missing and transported here for slavery."

"The worst part is, when we haven't found them in time. Nations will send their troops here and they will be turning this place like Baghdad 500 years ago." Cormack said.

"The untapped resources of this world is to valuable nations would try their best to use someone as a leverage like what they did in that hotel." Kashima said remembering the massacre the three Spartans did.

"Attention. All personnel weapons demonstration will commence in 3 mikes. I repeat weapons demonstration will commence in 3 mikes." Roland announced, his voice echoing around the base.

"Well, that's our cue." Nick Reyes said grabbing his gears and suit. "Let's go guys."

Everyone around the table begins to go in their quarters or armory and geared up for the upcoming weapons demonstration. S.C.A.R team arrived with their S.A.T.O issue Warfighter Rig. For the Spartans they were all wearing their upgraded Mjolnir armor. Sentine Team decided to go with their Stealth-Class and used their Mk.8 Stealth Nanofiber Tactical Operation Suit.

They've entered their own Pelican as they look outside to see dozens of other vehicles being transported like; Pitbull's, Warthog's, Hovertank's, Mastodon's, and several C-12 Drones. The pelicans and ravens slowly hovers off the ground for couple of seconds before the flight Aviator gives them the green light as they all made their way to Alnus base.

Location: Alnus Base
Time: 1200 Hours

In the Japanese base in Alnus Hill multiple countries from Korea, US, Russia, United Kingdom, China, French, and Germany arrived in the other side of gate to watch the weapons demonstration S.A.T.O will be showing them. There were also few countries that decided to show up like nations from both N.A.T.O and B.R.I.C.S.

There were also reporters from different countries that were allowed to pass the gate for video documentaries.

In the field were multiple target dummies are set up to be used. The runway at the moment is all cleared as they were all waiting for their arrival. "So what time are they gonna show up?" Itami asked Yanagida.

"Don't know. We can't even detect their aircraft to know if their coming or not." He replied as he as a paper in his hand. He is the person organizing the event today as several JSDF soldiers were setting up the table.

A few moments later everyone can heard a faint sound of a jet afterburner. The pelicans and raven decloaked surprising a few people around the base save for the JSDF as they've seen these aircrafts before. Camera started taking pictures of the aircraft before them as they see the incredible hover technology these dropships were using.

All dropships landed in the Japanese runway with over 8 aircrafts in total 4 ravens and 4 pelicans. In the pelicans came out marines and other branches of S.A.T.O on the pelicans magnetic latch were the T-740 Hovertanks there were 2 in total and 2 Warthogs. In the ravens came out 2 M650 Mastodon APC and in the other 2 Pitbulls.

The vehicles were parked beside the shooting range as they will be demonstrating the vehicles once they finished with the weapons. A female Sergeant came forward wearing a S.A.T.O issue Warfighter Rig her appearance made the soldiers present around her tense to see an armoured female soldier. Her flags located on her shoulder shows Mexican and Japanese showing that she is born with 2 different nationalities.

Cameras that were around the vehicles were surrounded by C-6 drones to safeguard the vehicle as cameras and reporters took a step back seeing the drone armed and are safeguarding the vehicles they brought.

"Welcome everyone." Maria said of the 52nd Marine Division. "Today's a special day for all you troops ang gun lovers of the 21st-Century." She said as Cameras shifted in her direction. "Ladies and Gentlemen. I welcome all of you today for a weapons of S.A.T.O weaponry and vehicles." She said outloud. "Many of you have come here today to see 26th-Century weapons and the changes of our tech and weaponry. Well, let me tell you something today you will be seeing laser and railgun cannons that are used in combat." She finished announcing as soldiers from different nations watched curiously.

Several armored soldiers came forward and laid down 5 briefcase all different sizes. Maria opened the first briefcase which is a pistol. "This little guy right here is the FTL Eraser." She said holding up the pistol with cameras taking photos. "This is S.A.T.Os standard issue pistol for marines and other branches of our military. It was first developed in the Interplanetary War before modifying in the formation of our two factions. It fires a super-heated energy round that disintegrates people."

"Wait." A Major of the United States Army said. "You said 'super-heated laser' round as in real laser?"

"Yes, it has 15 rounds before it  orginally has 7 but with extensive modifications of the weapon we changed it and made it more powerful." She aimed the Eraser at a target dummy and fired a single shot. When it made contact with the target dummy it completely disintegrated and left nothing but a smoke. The audience - some let out a gasp - watched in shock, it was their first time seeing a real life laser round and it completely disintegrates a dummy.

"If you get hit by a single shot of this it will completely disintegrate your body to nothing that's why our body armour is also upgraded to withstand these shots which will get to thst later." She said putting the pistol in the briefcase closing it. Maria moved to another case and opened it this time it shows the MA5 Pulse Rifle.

"This right here is the standard issue for S.A.T.Os assault rifle known as the MA5 Pulse Rifle." She said holding up the rifle which cameras quickly took pictures. "Before this was conventionally fires bullets but we change it to energy rounds that fires 60 energy projectors."

"You said this originally fires bullets? What type of ammunition does it use?" A Chinese Commander asked her.

"It fires a 7.62mm armor piercing rounds when it was use in the Human-Covenant War it was the standard issue rifle for the U.N.S.C but now since the formation of the two galaxies we modified it to fire a laser/plasma rounds." She said. "One of the best features of our firearms today is that it has a built in recoil-dampener system that reduces the recoil of the weapon by nearly 90%"

She moved to a shooting stance and fired a single round at the target dummy the pulse rifle piercing and burning through the armour. She switched the fire selector to full-auto and fired a round at the test dummy at a range of 500m. The Chinese Commander was surprised to see a pulse rifle was considered to be a standard issud rifle for S.A.T.O, the audience were all surprised to see the firepower of the pulse rifle and its ridiculous non-existent recoil at a range of 500m. S.A.T.O soldiers in comparioson have the advantage of accuracy and superior firepower.

"Next up is our sniper rifle and you're gonna love this." She said moving to another briefcase. "This.....is called the M.O.R.S (Military Operated Rail Sniper) is a bolt-action railgun." At the mentioned of the railgun they instantly bombarded her with questions. "Alright. Alright, one at a time."

"You said railgun? Just what type of energy do you use to power up the cannon?" A Commander from the British Royal Army asked.

"This." She pulls out a small canister that contains a small metal inside. "This is Unobtanium, a rare metal substance that can only found in Pandora. Today we use this to power up many of our electronic devices and appliances. A single gram of it has the equivalent power source of 3 nuclear reactors combined." They audience were shocked to hear this type of energy a single gram of Unobtanium is equal to the power of 3 nuclear reactors. Something like this can be a game changing asset to their worlds.

"The speed of the projectile can travel is more than 6,500 mph which is Mach 8. The caliber it fires a 9.5mm rounds and can carry 10 rounds." She loaded the sniper with the 9.5mm before going to aiming at a target dummy. "And like most of our weapons it has a built in recoil-dampener system that reduces the recoil, but it can still have a kick like your modern day sniper rifles." She fires the first round which destroyed an entire target dummy and piercing the target through and sven destroying another target dummy behind it. She fired again and destroys another target. The audience were fascinated by the M.O.R.S never they have seen a bolt-action railgun in action. Railguns in their world is still experimental but to imagination a soldier carrying a handheld railgun in a middle of a battlefield would be terrifying.

"Next." She said putting the weapon back to the briefcase before moving to the last two. "This right here is the C.L.A.W Modular Assault Weapon System." She said before grabbing the weapon pressing a button which unfolds the weapon as the audience were interested to the rifle as it looked different with its two wings that collapsed and opens. "This is a standard issue battle rifle used by our military today, before this was use by the U.N.S.A in the Interplanetary War as their modular assault weapons." She said moving to the target dummy.

"The cool feature about this not only it fires a high-heat laser round like the MA5, it has 3 different modes: Assault, Sniper, and Shotgun. First is the Assault." She said firing a burst of laser rounds at a target dummy burning and piercing the armor to nothing. "Sniper." She switched the firing mode. She fired the round and just like the Eraser it completely disintegrates the target to dust. "Shotgun." She switched again and launched an array of lasers hitting multiple targets with one shot. The audience were interested in this type of battle rifle it's basically a weapon with three different firing system.

Maria's eyes then moved to the final weapon to be demonstrated, and something she was going to enjoy. "Next up is the M41 SPNKR rocket launcher, the S.A.T.Os go to weapon to blow stuff to oblivion if its infantry, vehicle, or fortification. The Spnkr is unique in that it uses a pair of detachable barrels where the rockets are stored in, and the barrel cycles when one is fired to be used in rapid succession, making it a semi-disposable launcher. Even though as of now the M41 is considered obsolete, the sheer amount of weapons produced and simplicity allowed it to be kept in S.A.T.O arsenal for now."

She then aimed the rocket launcher at a broken down Type 74 tank that was deemed not worth repairing. Pressing the trigger she fired one 102mm rocket that speared through the air and detonated against the armoured vehicle. The 21st century armor of the tank blown apart as if it never existed as the HE round tore apart the tank in a large ball of fire. And after the fire disappeared and smoke clearing away, a large portion of the tank was barely recognisable as melted scrap metal, along with what remained of the turret was lying around several meters away.

"Holy crap. There's barely any pieces left." A Major from India said.

"Well, there you have it folks." Maria said putting down the weapon back in the briefcase. "That's all the weapons that we demonstrated today. We do have more on our arsenal, but we can't show you all of them only this five selected weapons were allowed to be shown." She said before pressing her wrist pad and several C-6 drones came forward with briefcases on their hands. The drones laid it on the ground and opened, showing the five weapons but more. "Admiral Lasky also allowed for you guys to test out our weapons and shoot them, after all it's a weapons demonstration."

The soldiers around them grinned knowing that they can fire these weapons later but they'll have to wait cause they have a few more to go. "Next, we will be showing you our standard issue armour and gears."

A few C-6 Drones came forward and laid down a large case standing up. It opens to reveal a standard issue Warfighter combat rig. Cameras started taking pictures of the armour and several people talk to see the advance power armour.

"This is the S.A.T.O standard issue Warfighter combat rig. This is mostly used by the Marines and Army." she moved forward and demonstrated the amour she was wearing as well. "Unlike your body armour, ours is fully enclosed of Titanium microweave mesh."

"Titanium? Wouldn't that be too heavy for your troops to wear?" A man from Russia said.

"Yes, it would be to heavy if it weren't for the exo skeleton build inside the suit." She said showing her armor's plating and small mechanize gears. "This has an built-in exoskeleton which allows our troops to lift 15x their body weight." She moved to a nearby humvee and kicked it as it send the vehicle 5ft away. The audience looked impressed to see a fully working exo suit that is capable of kicking and overpowering their enemies. "But you have question on mind. What's powering the suit? The suit is powered by a gram of Unobtanium which us the same we used in our rifle batteries." Some people jaws dropped the use of Unobtanium was really useful in weapons, but to think it was also being used as a power core made them wonder how much do they have in their posession.

"It is also layered with Starlite-Goretex a special man made material that allows to absorb heat but the layer of goretex combined can also absord kinetic energy." She moved forward and gestures a soldier to shoot her. The people were taken back before she reassured them. The US soldier fires a 9mm round on her but all it did was stopped dead as it fall straight down.

"That's the beauty to this not only it has a titanium as an armour, but the man made layer allows it stop projectiles. For example bullets don't bounce off they stop dead and fall straight down their kinetic energy has been absorbed by the suit." She said grabbing the 9mm pistol before shooting the display suit which the bullet literally fall straight down leaving the armour undamaged. They were all amazed by this new type material to think a material similar to vibranium in the comics can be replicated and have the same function would exist in the future.

"One last thing. The armour also has a built-in jet boosters and oxygen tank to be used in space." She said activating hers as she hovers in midair. "To put it to simple terms it's a real life Iron-Man suit." She said while hovering. Cameras instantly snapped photod while military officials started to think if they have suits like that. A real life Iron-Man suit being used as standard issue to them is literally impressive and scary at the same time. Impressive to see that suits like this existed and prove to be useful, and scary of thinking fighting them in a battle would be a total loss as they have advantage in every single scenario; firepower, armour, weapons, air-to-ground vehicles  and maybe gadgets.

"Alright, folks that would be it. Next demonstration would be sometime later. You can take a weapon from our weapon cache and fire up." She said as several soldiers instantly rushed forward and grabbed a weapon to be tested in their hands while several C-6 Drones assisted them in loading and firing the weapon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 146 50
The man I had a one-night stand with is the CEO! "Romantic relationships between employees are strictly forbidden" Jennie's chaotic love life start...
51K 1K 30
The Year is 2799, Everyone in New York III are waiting for the Clock tower to strike at 12 AM for New Year's Eve. That is after when a strange Roman...
25.6K 837 25
Xiao is certain his life is a joke at this point. He's seen a lot of things in his life, but this takes the cake. Zhongli will be the death of him. I...
22.9K 1K 31
Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] [ /ˈfyo͞oCHər SHäk/ ] "A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid Social or Technological change." - Oxford En...