Matters Of The Heart ✔

By swritess1

This is a sequel to 'Unrequited Love' but can be read as a stand alone. --- "Seriously? An animal zoo?" I ask... More

COPYRIGHTS
THE FAMILIES
THE FRIENDS
1. THE BUMPING CLICHÉ
2. GREY EYES, BEAUTIFUL SKIES
3. SPELLBOUND
4. THE PROMISE
5. SHORT SHORTS, SHORTY
6. LUCKIER THAN THE FLASH
7. BETTER THAN 'UNREQUITED LOVE'
8. YOURS, ELIZA
9. YOURS, NICK
10. NEVER LET YOU FALL
11. DOUBLE CELEBRATION WITH A SIDE OF SURPRISE
13. EAVESDROPPING
14. ALL HELLS BROKE LOOSE
15. ALWAYS AND FOREVER
16. A TRIP DOWN THE MEMORY LANE
17. HORRIBLE PLACES, HORRIBLE MEMORIES
18. VERY FIRST KISS
19. ELIZA'S BAE
20. SEVENTY-EIGHT STEPS
21. PEACE AMIDST CHAOS
22. SURPRISE
23. A NIGHT AT THE HOSPITAL
24. BREATHE AGAIN
25. THE IN-BETWEEN
26. I JUST WOKE UP FROM A COMA
27. A BETTER MAN
28. TINY FIRE-SPITTING DRAGON
29. CLOUD OF GLOOMINESS
30. ONLY FOR YOU
31. MY WORLD
32. HIGHLIGHT OF MY BEING
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER (PART 1)
FUN FACTS

12. BELONG

3.6K 115 3
By swritess1

I keep staring at him waiting for him to laugh or say something. Anything. Yet he remains extremely passive looking around the brightly lit garden filled with various couples.

He is acting like he just informed me of the weather. 

"I know I look handsome, bambi, but please stop staring at me." he smirks and finally looks in my eyes.

"You can't just say things like that and act like nothing happened." I huff.

"I can. You're mine." he shrugs casually.

My mouth opens and closes like a fish as I gawk at him. He closes my mouth using his pointer finger and smiles cheekily at me.

"Okay." I mumble.

"Are you doubting us, bambi?" he asks raising a brow.

"Do you really want me for that long?" I ask.

"Always, bambi. I want you always and forever." he replies in a heartbeat.

A blush creeps up my cheeks and I hide my face in his chest. His fingers thread through my hair as he softly massages my neck.

"I am tired, Nick." I sigh.

"I know. Let's get you to bed, si?" he pulls away as  I nod my head once.

After bidding goodnight to everyone including mom and dad, we make our way upstairs to my room and I immediately starting untying my hair before running a hand through them. Nick comes behind me and I look in horror, through the mirror, as he raised a hairbrush in the air to comb through my tresses. 

"NO!" I shriek.

His eyes widen and he takes a step back, "Don't." I mumble.

"Why not baby?" he asks looking at me as if I have grown two heads.

"Because I will come tomorrow to school in these curls." I grin toothily at him.

He chuckles and shakes his head in amusement, "I can't believe you. You shouted at me for that?"

"Sorry." I apologize sheepishly.

"Go change then and hurry up." he instructs and I quickly grab a black set of sleeping pyjamas before rushing to the bathroom and changing into them. It was a plain pair except a small rose flower embroidered on my left breast.

"I am done." I say after brushing my teeth.

"Good. Now how do you plan to sleep in those?" he questions pointing at my perfectly curled hair.

"I am gonna sprawl them on the pillow behind my head so they stay like that." I grin and climb on my bed before lying down carefully.

Nick scoffs with a shake of head and I stick my tongue out.

"So childish." he whispers as he covers me with the comforter.

He leans down and places a chaste kiss on my forehead, "Sleep tight. I'll see you, tomorrow." he says softly and stands straight.

"Don't go." I pout.

"No, bambi. I cannot stay even if I wish nothing more than this. I am not going to overstep my boundaries. Not yet, at least." he speaks carefully.

"Baby steps?" I ask.

"Baby steps." he smiles and with another kiss on my cheek, this time, he leaves.

I sigh happily and close my eyes. Nick is the sweetest. 

Somewhere during the night, the door to my room opens and I feel my bed dip before I feel a body lying down next to me.

"Eli?" I ask groggily.

"Ssh, sleep little one." he whispers and strokes my head after keeping his leg on mine.

"You missed me?" I ask.

"A lot." he answers.

I  smile lazily and turn to lay on my back just like him as we both are now facing the ceiling and in no time we both doze off.

***

The next morning, I wake up later than usual and rush to the wardrobe to change in my white and blue floral top with blue jeans and white converse.

Eli is still in a deep slumber when I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my  face. Afterwards, I climb down the stairs hurriedly and enter the kitchen to see dad helping the twins wear their schoolbags. Mom must have left early today.

"You're late, princess." he speaks up.

"I know, dad. Good morning." I place a kiss on his cheek and hug him briefly before kissing the twins and grabbing an apple.

"Bye, I'll see you in the evening." I shout over my shoulder.

"Bye honey, be safe." he shouts back.

Oh God, I am ten minutes late when I reach the school and practically run inside. My first class is History and by the time I open the door, I am already panting.

"Miss Avenetti." Professor George speaks up.

"I'm so sorry, sir." I sigh and look down at  my feet.

"You're excused but just this one time." he warns.

I throw him a small smile and walk to my chair while keeping my head down. This is one of the cons of being late; everybody stares at you like you have just landed from another planet. 

I take my usual seat near the window and in front of Nick who is smirking at me. I ignore him for the time being and take out my notebook and a pen.

"Now that you're settled, we can resume." Professor announces and I clear my throat before focusing fully on the lecture, successfully ignoring the occasional kicks on the back of my seat.

I will see to him after this period.

As soon as the bell rings, all students starts packing their bags  in a rush to get away from the hellhole. Not my words.

"Oh, wait up y'all. You have a quiz in the next class of everything we have studied so far so be prepared." Professor George announced earning groans and 'oh crap' from everyone.

"Get out now." he dismisses.

Nick grabs my hand and leads us out skillfully pushing everyone out of the way so I don't budge into someone. I looked up at him with a small smile playing on my lips.

What have I ever done to deserve him?

"Nick." I softly call his name as we approach the lockers. His locker was two lockers away from mine.

"Yes, baby." he replies pushing the books in his locker and shutting it close before finally turning to face me.

"Why were you late this mor-" he begins to ask but I cut him off with a hug.

He freezes for a second but quickly wraps his arms around me and places a kiss on top of my head.

"I woke up late." I answer his unasked question.

He hums in response and twirls my ponytail around his wrist, "I'm being showered with a lot of affection today, aren't I?" he chuckles and I hide my face in his chest.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"Nick, I haven't been able to contact Lilly in two days. Have you been able to reach out Finn?" I ask pulling away.

Finn and Lilly has gone for a small vacation at Finn's beach house to sort everything out and spend some time together.

"Yeah, I talked to him the day before yesterday. They'll be back on Wednesday. Probably some network issue there or something." he tells.

"Oh." I nod and the bell for second period rings.

Thank God I share all of my classes with Nick.

"Eliza?" he calls.

"Hm?" I blink up at him.

"Babe, were you okay while I was away? I didn't see your face for almost two years." he asks suddenly.

I freeze as soon as he asks this and all the colors drain from my face. My mouth opens to answer him but nothing comes out of it.  He is walking without realizing that I have stopped and turns around abruptly with a deep frown.

"Liza?" he questions skeptically.

"I-I... was fine." I manage to sputter out.

His jaw tenses as he takes three steps forwards and I flinch as soon as he raises his hand to my face.

"God, Liza, what is wrong with you? I just asked a simple question." he scolds.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Did something happen? Are you hiding something from me?" he asks in suspicion.

"N-no." I answer.

He keeps staring at my face intently for a minute before grabbing my hand and walking us to the class, wordlessly.

Thank God, he dropped it.

The rest of the day passes in the blur and after school, we decide to grab coffee with Anwyll and Isaac.

"You know, when I first met Nick, I thought he isn't the type to settle for the shy ones. No offense to you, princess but after a year,  he finally opened up about you." Isaac begins to speak as Nick went to the counter  to grab our coffees.

"Yeah and when he did, he describe you like you were the best thing. You guys weren't on talking terms with each other during that time period. He said something about you disappearing and all that. We knew the guy was wrapped around your finger and now looking at you, I think he has you wrapped around his finger, too." Anwyll adds with a small grin.

My own smile widens and my eyes dart to the counter to witness a girl standing too close to Nick.

Excuse me? The smile wipes off my face and I stand up.

No way.

Isaac and Anwyll follow my line of vision and mutter a curse before standing up. I walk in their direction just when she kisses Nick full on the lips and he freezes in shock before pushing her away with an angry scowl plastered on his face.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" he roars in anger.

His eyes snaps to mine and they widen a fraction. The girl turns around and... it's Primrose with a smug smirk on her face.

Now I am not a fan of violence but I feel like slapping her right in the face this instant. However, I control my inappropriate urges and look at Nick.

"Bambi, I can explain." he whispers and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"What's there to explain? We kissed." Primrose chimes.

I glare at her and open my mouth, "By 'we kissed' you mean that you forced yourself on him? And he pushed you away. Don't you have even an ounce of self respect, Primrose? He's not interested. You might have been his one-night stand but he has me now and I am not going anywhere. Clearly, he's disgusted right now so why don't you do everyone a favor and stay away from my man." I speak quietly and calmly.

What is wrong with her?

"You little bitch." she hisses.

"Are you that desperate?" I retort and her face pales.

Nick roughly pushes her away and the four of us walk out with our coffees, in utter silence. Anwyll and Isaac hugs me, earning a glare from Nick, before leaving.

"Liza, I am so sorry I swear I didn't see that coming." he apologizes.

"It's not your fault, Nick. God I am so mad at her." I huff looking up at the sky.

He pulls me to his chest and mumbles an apology again peppering my face with kisses. I giggle and my anger dissipates just like that.

I had nothing to worry about when it came to him. I wasn't going to lose him.

"You trust me, right?" he asks.

"I trust you, not them." I reply nodding my head towards the cafe.

He gulps and tucks my head under his chin, "I'll pick you up tomorrow." he says cupping my face.

His eyes dart to my lips for a split second before looking away. I pull back with one last look and mutter 'goodbye' before settling in my car and driving away.

I am not insecure, I trust him fully but what I dislike is that girl who touched him as if he belonged to him. Nick belonged to the only person who in turn belonged to him. Nick and I belonged to each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
14.2K 794 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...
25.3K 920 33
How does one act when everyone thinks of him/her as nothing but a bitch? Well that's the case in Aaliyah Bryant's life. Aaliyah has her guards up eve...