My Tutor (Slow updates)

By 7Raven23

Skylar Blake is captain of the soccer team, she has a good boyfriend and great friends but she's also failing... More

Authors note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Authors note
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 1

62 2 0
By 7Raven23

Tuesday 26th Feb 2019

"Miss Blake please take a seat," Mr. Walker told me sitting down at his desk.

I sat down, "What's this about?"

"You're being assigned a tutor."

"I don't need a tutor."

"Well Miss Blake, you're failing multiple classes and if your grades don't rise then you'll be off the soccer team."

"You can't do that," I exclaimed, pretty much jumping out of the chair.

When it comes to school I've never really tried that hard or cared that much, but soccer is something I care a lot about. I've been playing since I was 6 years old and am now the captain of the team.

"Trust me it's not something I want to do, but will if it is necessary," He handed me a bit of paper.

"Here is the name and phone number to contact, text her to set a time to meet. If you don't she will let me know."

Nothing else was said so I walked out of his office and to my locker. I didn't want a tutor, but soccer was important to me so I didn't have a choice. I was going to text the number so I wouldn't forget later, but someone came up behind me and kissed my cheek. It was my boyfriend Jake. Jake had been one of my good friends since we met at a soccer camp about 8 years ago. I continued on the soccer path while Jake went down the drum and guitar path. Just over a year ago, he confessed his feelings to me, I returned them and we started dating.

He leaned against the locker beside mine, "Hey Sky."

"Hi, Jake, what's up?"

"Not a lot, what did Mr. Walker want?"

I sighed, "He's assigning me a tutor, if I don't get my grades up then I'm off the soccer team."

"Sorry Sky, I can help if you need," Jake replied.

Laughing I replied, "We both know that would be a disaster."

Jake laughed, but didn't get a chance to respond because the warning bell rang, he said goodbye and went to class. My last class was photography, it was one of the only classes I actually liked and wasn't failing. When class ended I decided to go home instead of hanging out with Jake like I normally did, I had a really bad headache and wanted to be alone.

After flopping down on my bed, I remembered I hadn't texted the tutor. I pulled the bit of paper out of my pocket and looked at the name; Ashley Mason. The name wasn't familiar, but put her number in my phone anyway and sent her a message.

Skylar: Hi, my name is Skylar. Mr. Walker gave me your number and told me to message you about tutoring.

It only took a couple of minutes for a reply.

Ashley: Hi, Mr. Walker told me to expect a text from you. Should we set up a time to meet?

Skylar: When works for you?

Ashley: The only day I can do this week is Saturday, does that work for you?

Skylar: I have a soccer game in the morning so anytime after 1 will work.

I waited a couple of minutes for a reply but it didn't come. After plugging in my phone I went downstairs. My parents weren't home yet and my brother was at his friend's house until they finished work so I was home alone. The headache hadn't gone away yet so I was grateful for the quiet. I decided to take some Advil to help the headache go away, then went back to lie down.

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was being woken up by my 6-year-old brother jumping up and down on my bed, yelling at me to wake up.

"I'm awake Jay," I wrapped my arms around him to stop the jumping. This made him giggle.

"How was school?" I asked when he stopped giggling.

"Good, we did colouring."

"That's great buddy, come on let's go downstairs."

Jay jumped off my bed and ran down to the playroom while I went and sat next to my dad on the couch.

"Hey sweetheart, how was your day?" He asked.

"It was alright, Mr. Walker assigned me a tutor."

"Are you actually going to meet with them this time?" He asked.

"I have to otherwise I'm off the team."

My dad ruffled my hair, he knows I hate it that's why he does it.

"You better get your grades up then, I know you would die if you couldn't play soccer," He said putting emphasis on 'die'.

Rolling my eyes I walked into the kitchen, "I know dad."

After dinner, I went upstairs to my room. Turing on my phone there was 1 missed call and 3 messages from Jake, 2 messages from my best friend Paige and 1 message from Ashley. I opened Jake's first.

Jake: Hey baby

Jake: I hope you're doing okay, call me if you want otherwise I'll talk to you tomorrow

Jake: Love you

I didn't really feel like talking so I replied with a simple 'I'm okay, talk tomorrow' then opened Paige's message.

Paige: Hey Sky, I hope you're feeling better.

Paige: You probably fell asleep so text me when you wake up.

Skylar: Hey, you're right I fell asleep. I still have a slight headache but I'm okay.

Skylar: I'll see you tomorrow :)

Then Ashley's message.

Ashley: How's 1:30?

Skylar: Sounds good, is it okay if we meet at my place?

Ashley: Yeah no problem

I sent her my address then started to get ready for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 14 46
This is pretty much my love life and all the relationship drama i've had to go through since day one of freshman year to present time. I hope you fin...
562K 13.9K 51
The moment where you are at your happiest you could possibly be and it is about to get even better. But then some mistake you made in the past comes...
6.9K 212 13
Hannah is a shy, nerdy, geeky girl with very little friends. In fact she had no friends other the the few people she talks to online when she plays v...
96.3K 1.7K 20
My dad is the captain of the boys soccer team. I have been playing and hanging with them since I was four. I do cheerleading, but I hate it. Mom want...