Matters Of The Heart ✔

By swritess1

This is a sequel to 'Unrequited Love' but can be read as a stand alone. --- "Seriously? An animal zoo?" I ask... More

COPYRIGHTS
THE FAMILIES
THE FRIENDS
1. THE BUMPING CLICHÉ
2. GREY EYES, BEAUTIFUL SKIES
3. SPELLBOUND
4. THE PROMISE
5. SHORT SHORTS, SHORTY
6. LUCKIER THAN THE FLASH
7. BETTER THAN 'UNREQUITED LOVE'
8. YOURS, ELIZA
10. NEVER LET YOU FALL
11. DOUBLE CELEBRATION WITH A SIDE OF SURPRISE
12. BELONG
13. EAVESDROPPING
14. ALL HELLS BROKE LOOSE
15. ALWAYS AND FOREVER
16. A TRIP DOWN THE MEMORY LANE
17. HORRIBLE PLACES, HORRIBLE MEMORIES
18. VERY FIRST KISS
19. ELIZA'S BAE
20. SEVENTY-EIGHT STEPS
21. PEACE AMIDST CHAOS
22. SURPRISE
23. A NIGHT AT THE HOSPITAL
24. BREATHE AGAIN
25. THE IN-BETWEEN
26. I JUST WOKE UP FROM A COMA
27. A BETTER MAN
28. TINY FIRE-SPITTING DRAGON
29. CLOUD OF GLOOMINESS
30. ONLY FOR YOU
31. MY WORLD
32. HIGHLIGHT OF MY BEING
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER (PART 1)
FUN FACTS

9. YOURS, NICK

3.7K 129 11
By swritess1

Hi y'all!

Okay first of all I am terribly sorry for not updating. I had my final exams and this especially painful and long semester is finally over!!!!! Yay me.

Oh and I asked for a ship name for Eliza and Nicholas and some of you suggested 'Elias' while one of you guys suggested 'Niza' and I think I like the second one better cause Elias is already an Italian name so... I don't know. Yeah... whatever. Still welcoming suggestions, though! Come up with some more creative names cause I really can'tttttt! :/

DID YOU KNOW WE REACHED 100K ON UNREQUITED LOVE???!!! I'M SCREAMING. ♥️♥️♥️😁😁 SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, without further ado, here you go. :)

Happy Reading. x

"Just because he took you out on one date, doesn't mean he likes you or is up for another one. I mean, I surely am prettier than you. It doesn't mean anything, your stupid, meaningless date." Primrose aka the queen bee was chewing my ears off just before the first period.

"I don't know who you are trying to convince with that statement. You or me?" I ask rolling my eyes.

Why does she gotta be like this? She is really pretty and we could have even been friends had it not been for her stinking attitude that gets in the way every time.

I had one of the best days of my life yesterday and then I got my period this morning. And not to mention I am cornered by the queen bee and her minions the minute I stepped foot in this building on a Monday morning.

Why is getting education so difficult?

She gasps dramatically placing a hand on her chest, "You little bitch, how dare you question me?" She shrieks.

My jaw clenches and I take a threatening step forward making  her cower in fear but her brave facade returns.

"Okay Primrose, listen here and listen good. I do not come here to listen to your ear piercing rants nor to get bullied from you or anyone, for that matter. I let you off the hook last time and I am giving you an ultimatum again and for the last time, back off. Whatever goes on in my life is so not your concern." I state calmly yet in a strong voice.

No tolerance for bullies or bullying.

She flips her hair over her shoulder and gulps audibly before walking away, her two side chicks following closely behind her.

"I really like you, you're a perfect combination of a badass and an angel." Lillian winks and claps her hand.

"Where did you come from? Stop scaring me like that!" I scold and place a hand on my racing heart.

She sends a sheepish smile my way and mouths an inaudible 'sorry' before handing me a brown paper bag.

I look down in confusion to see my name written on it in a very familiar writing. 

"It isn't from me. I am sure you got that by now given the way you are gawking at the writing." she teases.

I blush and a small smile plays on my lips as I tear the bag open and come face to face with two beautiful transparent white vinyls with something glittery sparkling in them.

"Lord." I gasp.

"OMG!" Lilly covers her mouth with both her hands.

I check the paper bag to see a neatly folded note laying inside and take it out.

Each of the record contains your favorite playlists of your favorite bands.

PS. I hope you still like One Republic and Fall Out Boy.

Love,

Nick. :)

My heart soared knowing that he actually remembered.

"God, you two make me want to get married and puke rainbows." Lilly gushes while fanning her face dramatically.

I chuckle and carefully place the bag inside my locker.

"Why are you giving me this?" I ask.

"Cause lover boy is sick and can't come today." she informs.

What? My heart rate quickens at the thought of him being sick.

"What happened to him? He didn't inform me anything of that sort." I complain.

"Oh, don't worry Liza. With the shift in weather, he caught a stomach flu." she dismisses nonchalantly.

I pout sadly and hear the first bell ring. 

"I will go to his place after school." I announce as we start walking towards the first lecture of the day, history.

"You should." she replies and squeeze my shoulder with a small smile.

I smile back before remembering something and ask, "How are things between you and Finn?"

The smile wipes from her face making me feel bad, instantly. I frown at the sullen expression on her face.

"No progress. He hasn't talked to me after the third time I refused to listen to him." she tells.

"You should have listened to him once, Lilly. Maybe there's more to the story." I suggest.

She shrugs her shoulder and we enter the class before sitting in the corner in the middle row.

"You guys should really talk." I say one more time and before she could answer, her eyes catch something over my shoulder and they widened before looking away.

I turn my head around to see Finn, Anwyll and Isaac standing near the classroom door and conversing with one another. Finn looks terrible with the bags under his eyes clearly indicating that he hasn't gotten enough sleep.

I make a mental note to talk to him during lunch hour.

***

"Hey princess, why the long face?" Anwyll asks slinging an arm over my shoulder while I was walking to the cafeteria.

"Nick." I answer.

"Yeah, he's sick. I went to his house this morning since his phone was switched off and found him puking his guts out." he tells making a disgusted face at the end.

I laugh lightly but frown at the information, "He'll be fine, right?" I ask.

He nods and smile in reassurance as we enter the cafeteria and sit down at the table in the center.

"I really want to have a doughnut, right now with hot chocolate and fries." I state.

"Let's go then." Finn says standing up from his seat.

"Really?" I ask with puppy dog eyes.

"God, don't look at me like that. I already agreed." he says shielding his eyes with the back of his hand.

I chuckle and we all stand up to leave.

After getting our hot chocolate and fries from McDonald's, we head to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts.

Finn and I walk to the counter and within five minutes, we have our box of happiness. 

"Finn wait!" I call as he turned around to leave.

"What happened, princess? Do you want more?" he asks after turning around.

I chuckle and shake my head, "No. I just wanted to talk to you about something." I tell him.

"Yeah?" he urges me to continue with that cute but confused look in his eyes.

"You and Lilly, I know it's not my place but sometimes, somebody from the outside has to remind you what you have and what you could lose. You guys should talk to each other and sort things out. You clearly haven't been sleeping and she looks as miserable as you if not ten times more. It's clear how much you guys really love each other and believe me you are going to regret wasting every second you could have spend with her and she with you, when you look back in time. Please, state your concerns directly to her and listen to hers in return." I speak softly taking a hold of his hand.

He seems to be in shock for a couple of seconds before recovering from it and finally giving me a small smile, "I can see why Nick is so crazy about you." 

I blush crimson as my heart flutters and look down as I hear him chuckle, "Thank you, Eliza."

"It's Liza for you." I grin up at him and he mirrors it.

"Okay, Liza. Let's go before they kill us." he jokes and we leave the place.

"Finally!!! Took you ages." Isaac complained snatching the bad away from me, not roughly though.

My bottom lip quivers as he tears the taped box open. His hand goes inside the box to take one of doughnuts and our eyes connect causing his to widen. All eyes were on him, now.

"Oh my God, little one. I am so sorry, they are all yours. Don't cry." he quickly hands the box to me.

"Thank you." I whisper the lone tear that escaped my eye and grin at him happily.

"Wow, you scared me." he states shaking his head.

"Sorry, you can have some, too. Not much though, just one actually." I say pushing the box in his face.

He chuckles and picks one as we all laugh and eat inside the car.

I really miss Nick. Come to think of it, even though I am having a lot of fun, I can still feel his absence. After all, nothing or no one can ever replace him. Nobody even had in all these years.

And nobody ever will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.7K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
3.2K 412 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
112K 4.5K 41
Taylor Vanessa Ryan. Her black leather jacket helps her hide her bruises, each one of them done by her father. She works at a bar as a dance teacher...
5.4M 138K 107
I looked at her possessively before grabbing her by the nape of her neck and pulling her closer to me, our lips a breath away. "You are mine. Only mi...