I've Become the Demoness

By writerno980

All Xiu Xiang wanted was to live a life of fortune so that she would never have to struggle again. Who would'... More

Chapter 1-I've Become the Demoness
Chapter 2-The First Task
Chapter 3 - The Demoness's Natural Enemy
Chapter 4-Saved by the Enemy
Chapter 5-Saving the Enemy
Chapter 6-The Demoness is a Thief?
Chapter 7-The Hunt
Chapter 8-Saving the Enemy Again
Chapter 9-Spending a Night with the Enemy
Chapter 10-Herded Like a Sheep
Chapter 11- The Demon King
Chapter 12-Training with the Demon King
Chapter 13-The End of the Ten Years
Chapter 14-Robbed Under One's Nose
Chapter 15-The Enemy Gives Chase
Chapter 16-Mistaken for a Man
Chapter 17-The Enemy Catches Up
Chapter 18-The Demoness's First Minion
Chapter 19-The Enemy's Suspicions
Chapter 20-The First Fight with the Enemy
Chapter 21-Taking over as Demon King
Chapter 22-The Demoness is a Wedding Crasher
Chapter 23-The Illusion Mist
Chapter 24-The Illusion Mist (2)
Chapter 25-The Enemy Follows the Demoness Home
Chapter 26-Sharing a Bath with the Enemy
Chapter 27-The Enemy Joins a Harem
Chapter 28-Conditions
Chapter 30-Have you Fallen for Me?
Chapter 31-Jealousy
Chapter 32-Confrontation
Chapter 33-Hua Jian is a Traitor?
Chapter 34-The End?
Chapter 35-The Demoness is No More
Chapter 36-Captured
Chapter 37-Tortured
Chapter 38-Escape
Extra Chapter-Wang Yue
Chapter 39 - Where It All Began
Chapter 40-What Goes Around Comes Around
Chapter 41-Phoenix Lineage Awakens
Chapter 42-The Enemy Makes a Realization
Chapter 43-The Demoness Steals Again
Chapter 44-Black Bandit Group
Chapter 45-Troublesome Li Siblings
Chapter 46-Date with a Stalker
Chapter 47-The Maiden in Distress
Chapter 48-Life and Death Battle
Chapter 49-Black Bandit Group Appears
Chapter 50-Doubt vs Reckless Plan
Chapter 51-The Enemy's Plan Commences
Chapter 52-Heroine Vs Demoness
Chapter 53-Jealousy, Thy Name is Xiu Xiang
Chapter 54-Bathing with the Enemy Again
Chapter 55
Chapter 56-Adulterers
Chapter 57-Feelings

Chapter 29-Please Don't Leave Me

590 24 2
By writerno980

Over the next few days, Wei Xing was constantly harassed by Xiu Xiang, all so that he would eat. When he sent Xiu Xiang away with his robes, he had purposely planted a communication bug in it, so that he could eavesdrop on her conversation. Hearing what she had in store for him, he was angered and confused. What she said contradicted her actions.

From what he picked up on her conversation, all he was to her was a pawn to help her free the Demon King's soul. If he really was just a pawn, there was no need for her to care about his wellbeing. In fact, he really should be locked up in a prison somewhere where no one can find him, yet here he was within her harem, being treated like royalty.

Before Feng Yue had given him a lot of grief but when Xiu Xiang found out, he was reprimanded and was even demoted. According to the people living in the harem, Xiu Xiang never bothered to enter the harem at all until he arrived.

Would it be conceited of him to think that her visits to the harem was because of him?

He wanted to mentally slap himself. How could he selfishly think about himself right now? He shouldn't be indulging himself. He needed to concentrate on the task at hand. For now, he needed to buy Xiu Xiang's trust and get out of the harem first. Then, when he leaves the Demon Realm with Xiu Xiang, he'll just kidnap her back to Tian Ling Sect. He'll find a way to remove the demons within her and return her to how she was.

Xiu Xiang arrived at the same time again. Most of the people living in the harem had gotten used to her arrival and already set a table full of delicacies. Wei Xing had ultimately given up sitting in the corner and joined Xiu Xiang at the table when she arrived.

The two were eating in silence when suddenly a guard rushed into the harem. He kept his head down as he tried hard to not look at any of his lord's women and men.

"My lord! A rebellion has occurred on the outskirts of the west lands," the guard said as he dropped down to one knee to relay the situation.

Xiu Xiang remembered that the west lands were managed by Elder Hui, the younger brother of the late Elder Hui, who had been burnt to ashes in order to show her dominance over the other elders. He was smarter than his older brother so Xiu Xiang had him take over the late Elder Hui's position, but it would seem that blood was thicker than water.

The younger brother had probably raised an army in secret in order to overthrow her.

She calmly set her chopsticks down and said, "Have Hua Jian get ready. It looks like I've been too lenient on the Hui Family."

She was just about to leave when her arm was caught by Wei Xing.

"Let me go with you," Wei Xing said.

"You've sealed your spiritual core. You won't be of any help," Xiu Xiang told him. She tried to throw him off, but he held on tight.

"Even without my spiritual core, I can still be of help," Wei Xing said.

"Wei Xing, have you forgotten that you're my hostage?" Her words came out harsher than she had intended. Once again, she knew this was the perfect opportunity to get rid of her enemy, but the thought of him dying tugged at her heart and she couldn't explain why. She passed off the feeling as a sense of duty to the Demon King.

Of course, she thought. He's needed to free the Demon King's soul.

She shook him off and rushed out of the harem as fast as she could before Wei Xing managed to convince her.

Xiu Xiang's disappearing back left Wei Xing feeling apprehensive. He was instantly reminded of the day that Xiu Xiang had disappeared. It was only when she was gone, that he realized how much he came to like that strange, weak, and naïve girl. Every night since then, he would have nightmares about her leaving and never coming back. Now that she was back in his sights, how could he have the heart to let her leave his side again?

His heart palpitated at the thought of her leaving and never coming back. He didn't care about consequences as long as she returns alive and well, he'll take the consequences head on.

Wei Xing started for the door but was instantly blocked by the guards. Unfortunately for the guards, his spiritual core had long been unsealed and even if his spiritual energy was sapped by the harem, once he leaves the array within the harem, he would regain his energy again. Even without spiritual energy, those guards were no match for him. He easily brought them down and escaped the harem. An alarm sounded the moment he stepped out of the harem. Several people within the harem, escaped after him and took off in certain directions leaving the guards baffled on who to chase.

The Demon Realm was massive, but Wei Xing didn't worry. Knowing that Xiu Xiang held onto one of the keys, he could easily track her. He pulled out his key and it easily directed him towards the west.

In the west lands of the Demon Realm, Xiu Xiang and Hua Jian were up against an army of at least a thousand demons.

"Well, this makes things quite easy," Xiu Xiang thought as she peered down at the massive army.

"My lord?"

She saw the worried look on Hua Jian so she flashed him an assuring smile.

"What are you so worried about? I'm the new Demon King of the Demon Realm. A spell like this is a cinch for me," she told him.

With so many demons here at once, Xiu Xiang decided to cast that pact spell formation. Any demon that was caught within the formation would be forced to undergo the pact. A seal would be placed within their life crystal. Any who tries to break free of the pact, the seal would shatter the life crystal.

Bringing her hands together, she weaved multiple hand seals together faster than the eye can see. A massive red array flashed under the entire army. Multiple red pillars of light appeared in all directions as it engulfed the army.

Elder Hui, who oversaw the entire army grew alarmed at the sight. He heard about the pact spell formation. It had only been used once during the last Demon King's reign. Many demons had died trying to rid themselves of the pact. It was only after the Demon King's soul was sealed away by Tian Ling Sect that the demons were free from the pact.

His eyes darted everywhere searching for the person who had casted the formation. In the far distance, on top of a mountain cliff, he saw a person surrounded by red dark energy.

"That damned woman! She dares to put a pact seal on all of us?!" Elder Hui turned to his right-hand man and ordered for a bow and arrow. Someone tossed him a large bow and set of arrows. He notched a bow and took aim.

He aimed carefully and let his arrow fly. Many of the archers saw where Elder Hui had aimed and they all quickly notched their arrows.

Xiu Xiang was still finishing the formation when she sensed danger looming above her.

"I just need a few more seconds..." Xiu Xiang thought. The formation required dark energy, but it was too slow. Not knowing if it would work or not, she surged a massive amount of spiritual energy from her own core into the formation. The red pillars of light flashed between red and blue. It mixed rapidly together forming a strange purple light and the array spread faster and further out. It nearly covered the entire west lands.

"My lord, watch out!" Hua Jian shouted as he jumped in front of her. He swung his flute and managed to change the direction of some arrows, but a massive amount was still headed their way. If they didn't jump out of harm's way, the two of them were going to be skewered alive. He turned around to grab Xiu Xiang, but the dense spiritual energy zapped him back.

He was unable to carry Xiu Xiang away to safety nor could Xiu Xiang stop the formation now. They were going to die if she didn't finish the formation.

The second wave of arrows were headed straight for her. She couldn't stop now. If she did the backlash would be severe. Either way, she was done for.

The arrows came closer and closer.

Out of nowhere, a flash of white appeared and a massive energy struck the incoming arrows, deflecting every single one. Xiu Xiang didn't have time to see who had come to her aid. She pressed forward and seconds later, the formation finally spread far enough.

All the pillars of light connected together, forming a large dome over where the formation was. Ever single demon inside was struck with the light and a seal formed inside every single one. To complete the formation, Xiu Xiang needed to give out an order.

"From now on, any demon who tries to hurt a human without my consent, they'll die a miserable death," Xiu Xiang shouted. The formation flashed multiple times and slowly dissipated.

Some of the demons within the army has never heard of the pact spell formation before and tried to remove the seal only for it to shatter their life crystal. One by one, demons either exploded or they bled like crazy until they shriveled up like a prune. The battlefield was quickly covered with blood and guts.

The demons quickly tossed their weapons aside and dropped down to the ground, screaming out their loyalty for Xiu Xiang.

Breathing out a sigh of relief, Xiu Xiang staggered in place. She nearly fell over when someone caught her in their arms. She assumed it was Hua Jian and was about to thank him when she remembered that her spiritual energy had blasted him far away.

She looked up and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Wei Xing?"

He looked quite angry as he helped her stand up straight.

"If I didn't arrive in time, were you going to just throw your life away?!" he shouted angrily. His voice shook with each word that came out.

"I... I had things under control," Xiu Xiang lied. If Wei Xing hadn't arrived when he did, she wasn't sure if she would've survived.

"You--!" Wei Xing's lips trembled as he stared down at her. She seemed to be quite annoyed at his nagging but seeing how she almost lost her life again in front of him, he wasn't going to let her off easy this tie. "Every time I take my eyes off you, you go off looking for death."

"That's not true!" Xiu Xiang retorted.

Wei Xing didn't wait for her to explain herself.

"First, there was the hunt where you were pushed off the Cliff of Abyss, then there was the mist forest where you were almost eaten by demon beasts, and now I find you here, nearly skewered by a thousand arrows! What are you trying to do to me? Do you want me to watch you die in front of my eyes before you satisfied?!"

His heart nearly dropped when he saw the thousands of arrows headed in Xiu Xiang's direction. Realizing how close she was to death again, Wei Xing decided then and there that he was never letting her out of his sights ever again, whether she wants it or not.

Xiu Xiang didn't know how to react. She couldn't understand why her enemy was so angry. Why would it matter to him if she died or not? Wasn't it a good thing for him? She was the Demoness of the Demon Realm. Shouldn't he want her dead?

"What are you getting angry for?" Xiu Xiang groaned. She started to push away when he yanked her towards him. Her face slammed first against his chest and then she felt a pair of strong arms wrap tightly around her. With her energy spent, her body was weak and flimsy like a broken doll. Even if she struggled in his arms, it was futile. For the first time, she heard his heartbeat and it was thumping rapidly.

"Please, don't leave me again," he pleaded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 55.8K 65
When Xu Zhijian becomes a full-fledged demon hunter, he is given a talisman to summon his familiar. However, he ends up calling forth the sleeping 'D...
192K 7.6K 56
What happens when 20 years old Xia Yu An, a gen Z woman suddenly wakes up in another word ready to be married to the Emperor? She creates chaos, brea...
166K 5.4K 200
Chapter: 601-800 After Xiao Lingyu was betrayed by her boyfriend, she had the scumbag underneath her feet and along with the slut. Then, she used the...
509 43 23
Not knowing how she died, the main character was transmigrated into a guide-verse novel. A finished novel, and a novel she had read before her death...