8 Years Gap

By rylidescent

How long can you wait for the love you thought impossible? How much effort do they need to be together? --- T... More

P R O L O G U E
Gap #1
Gap #2
Gap #3
Gap #4
Gap #5
Gap #6
Gap #7
Gap #8
Gap #9
Gap #10
Gap #11
Gap #12
Gap #13
Gap #14
Gap #15
Gap #16
Gap #17
Gap #18
Gap #19
Gap #20
Gap #21
Gap #22
Gap #23
Gap #24
Gap #25
Gap #26
Gap #27
Gap #28
Gap #29
Gap #30
Gap #31
Gap #32
Gap #33
Gap #34
Gap #35
Gap #36
Gap #37
Gap #38
Gap #39
Gap #40
Gap #41
Gap #42
Gap #43
Gap #44
Gap #45
Gap #46
Gap #47
Gap #48
Gap #49
Gap #50
Gap #51
Gap #52
Gap #53
Gap #54
Gap #55
Gap #56
Gap #57
ANNOUNCEMENT

Gap #58

670 6 15
By rylidescent

Yumiji's POV

It's been a month since I started courting Angeli. Two months and I'll hear her answer. Damn, I can't wait but of course I'll wait. (^ω^)

I was cooking, when I felt like someone is staring at me. I looked at Shin because I knew it was him since we're the only one in the house.

"You sure keep smiling all day, big bro." He smilingly told me.

"Of course, I would be." I smilingly answered him.

"Hmm, it's because of Angeli huh." He told me while looking through his phone.

"Yup, you know, she's--." Then I realized something.

"How did you know her name and that it was her?" I surprisingly looked at him.

"Bro Renz." He innocently smiled and stood from where he was seated.

"Eight years gap huh. Good luck, big bro!" He smirked and entered to his room.

Shit. That jerk. If my parents knew about this, I don't know what will happen. 

My phone rang and speaking of the devil. (-∧-;)

"Let's meet, jerk." I immediately hang up the phone and just sighed while cooking our lunch.

When I called Shin again to eat, he just keeps smiling at me so I avoid looking at his eyes.

"Big bro, can I meet her? I would like to know about her." I almost choked when Shin asked me while we're eating.

"Sure, but you already know her age right?" I worriedly asked him.

"That you are a pedophile? Yup." He smirked and didn't look at my eyes. (¬‿¬)

"Hey, I'm not." He just continuously smirked at me. 

"Just kidding." He smiled at me, but his smile is like isn't-it-true? smile.

"Okay, I'll ask her when she is available." I just sighed and continued eating.

"Sure, you can. Maybe during your rendezvous in the university?" I almost got choked again because of what he said.

"Just kidding. Hahahaha. That sounds indecent though." He added and continued laughing.

"I didn't know you like to tease me that much about her." Though he is right, what we have is like a secret relationship.

"When I honestly heard about it, I thought that there is something wrong with your head." Lord, give me some patience for this kid, though isn't he too early for his rebellious stage? (-∧-;)

"But this is the first time I've seen you looked so happy. I mean, you look happy too when you're with Sis Iyah but there was doubt in your eyes." He told me while not looking at me.

"Right now, you don't look like you have though." He added and smiled at me, which seems like he is relieved.

"Thank you, Shin." I said and smiled at him.

"Although it doesn't change the fact that you fell in love with someone who is years below your age." He added and laughed.

"Age doesn't matter in love." I told him and grinned.

"I hope you're able to fight with her from our parents." He slightly smiled at me.

"Yeah. As soon as they hear this, they would already be dead set to our relationship." I worriedly sighed.

"You two can do it if you see the other as each other's futures." He smilingly reassured me and continued eating.

"Right." What he said made me think if Angeli think of me with her in the future.

Honestly, I'm also not sure if I see her in that way.

***

"You said to meet up, but you're just spacing out." Renz told me after taking a sip from his iced coffee.

"Oh." I realized that I met up with him and we're in a café beside the window.

"What's wrong?" He seriously asked me and I just sighed not looking at him.

"Honestly, I'm not sure if I see Angeli more than a girlfriend." I straightly told him. 

"What?" When I looked at him, his left eyebrow raised while looking at me. 

"I mean, yes, I love her and I want to be in a relationship with her." I stopped and sighed again.

"But you know, future wife? I don't know about that." He just rolled his eyes on me.

"Bro, you're looking at the future too much." He just continued drinking and took out his phone. 

"Do I? She took a leap of faith being in a relationship with me. I should think that much." I worriedly answered.

"Well, I think you should think first the present before the future because the more you think about it, the more you'll doubt what you currently have and make mistakes. The mistakes you once thought of avoiding, you luckily might not even get the chance to do so because you might already lose the person even before then." He seriously looked at me and said it.

"Wow, coming from the playful person I know." I sarcastically told him. Hahahaha.

"Just some things I learned, stupid." I just laughed at him because I know he's playful, but can also be serious at times.

"Right, let's go." I smilingly told him.

When I turned around, I saw Angeli slightly smiled at me. She is with Harry and it seems like it is also awkward for him.

"Y-you heard everything?" I worriedly asked her.

"Coincidentally, yes." She awkwardly smiled at me.

"I want to explain--." She didn't let me finish and signed me to stop.

"Let's talk in an open space, so we can talk comfortably." She told me and I became nervous on what she will say.

"Sure." I nodded and she looked at Harry.

"Best, dito ka lang muna. Hintayin mo ako ah?" She said to him and looked at me.

"Sure." He nodded and she stood up from her seat.

"Bro, I'm just going to wait here too." He is nodding as if saying 'good luck' to me.

"You can just leave if you want." I straightly said to him and he just smirked. Jerk.

We went outside of the mall and decided to talk inside my car at the parking lot.

"You also thought of it huh." I was surprised and looked at her.

"Also? So you also did?" She just sighed.

"Yeah, because I remembered what you said when you confessed your feelings to me." She looked at me and slightly smiled.

"Honestly, when you said that you love me in a romantic way wherein a man and woman falls deeply with each other, stays in love and face painful things together and still be husband and wife, and have kids until death do we part, I don't know the last part." She worriedly told me and looked away.

"I mean, I'm not sure if I see you in that way. If we're both unsure about it, why do we even want to be in a relationship?" She looked worried and I think if I answer, it's already the end for us when we didn't even try first.

"Well, that's hard to answer." I sighed and looked at her.

"But I think it's because we took the risk to be able to eradicate the doubt and see if we see the other as our future." I told her and she was looking at me.

"Hmm." She seems unsatisfied with my answer, so I thought of giving her an example.

"For example, there's a high school student who is a genius and can learn everything on his own so he doesn't plan in going to college, but he also doesn't know what he wants to be in the future. That's why his friend advised him that people go to college to search for what they wanted to be and so, the genius took the leap of faith and searched for it." I slightly smiled at her and hoping that she understood what I'm trying to say.

"I understand now. Thank you." She sincerely smiled at me and it seems like it cleared her mind.

"I'm sorry if I told you those words, while I'm not yet sure of myself." I apologize and looked at her.

"It's okay. Thanks to you, I also thought about whether I would go out with you or not." She smirked at me and I became worried about her answer.

"Hey, seriously?!" I faced her and she just smiled.

"Yup, let's see if we could be able to work it together." She grinned and I know what her answer will be. I'm sure of it.

I held her hand and kissed it.

"I want to hug you, but I guess for now this would do." I smiled at her and she was taken aback and faced the other side because of embarrassment. I laughed a little because it's her habit to touch her right ear when she's embarrassed. 

"I know you're embarrassed, so just face here." I smilingly told her.

"Eh?" She surprisingly looked at me.

"Oh, you have a habit of touching your right ear if you're like that right?" I smilingly answered her.

"How did you know?" She curiously asked me.

"When I was watching you in my OJT days and on our first date." I worriedly answered. Does that make me a creep? 

"Wow, you looked at me that much?" She still seemed surprise and I eventually became embarrassed as I touched my nape and looked away.

"You also have the habit of touching your nape. When you're embarrassed, you either answer sweetly or politely saying 'no,' or look away because I made your heart race too much you can't say anything." She smirked and stick her tongue out as an expression of teasing me.

"Seriously, you're--." My face was bright red when she cut me off.

"Okay, let's go now. Food is waiting there." She went out of the car laughing and I followed her quite defending myself, but she's keeps laughing at me.

"But how did you know?" I seriously asked her when we're about to get out from the elevator. She stepped out and looked back to me. 

"Secret." She smirked and continued walking away.

Damn, I really can't wait to be yours.

Published: March 20, 2020, Friday, 3:05 AM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...