Falling slowly ...

By ju_stanother_1

Damien haas with reader. Y/n is punished to work for Smosh when she tries to stand up against her boss. This... More

Beginning.
The 'defy girl'
⚠️smut alert!!!
Finding a family
Our virtual pairing
Mentoring Shourtney... together! 1
Mentoring Shourtney together 2
Start of something new...
Damien and me.
SAO: SHE STOLE MY BEST FRIEND
"We are not over." The Defy fall
Bonding over Pebbles.
Naruto nights...
Mythical: Our ray of hope.
The auction
Closures...
PAAAARTYYYY!!!
Medieval fanfic.
Damien's POV
Podcast
You promised!

Our voice-overs

779 16 11
By ju_stanother_1

I saw him running away.

I ran behind him to stop him, but I couldn't catch up. He kept running...

Suddenly he turned back and looked me in my eyes.
I stopped.

He stretched out his arms, inviting me in his warm embrace, but just as I was about to reach him, something caught my hand.

I turn back to find who, but I see only his hand in this darkness.
Its a man.
But who?

I try to wiggle free, even tried to bite his hand, but couldn't.

I COULDN'T HAVE DAMMIE EVEN IF I WANTED TO. I COULD REACH HIM BUT I COULDN'T.

"I knew you didn't love me."

"No, Damien I love you." I cried out.

"Then come to me." he said with a stone cold expression, but his voice filled with emotions.
"I, I can't..."
And before I could even say anything more, he disappeared.

I woke up immediately. My eyes took an eternity to adjust to the beam of light peeping in through the window.
I realized it was a dream.

This is not good. Damien is now coming in my dreams way too many more times than needed.

But...

Today's dream was...

Why was it so scary?

Maybe because I am with him always.

Yup, that's right. Damien and I have been hanging out together since our first accidental Naruto nights. Since about a month now.

I don't know what took us so much time to do that.
I don't mind getting friend zoned if it means finding a friend that understands me like my own self.

Its been just a month and we already complete each other's sentence.
I mean, how many friends can do that?
The initial bonding was just over cats and Naruto and talking about Defy, but gradually we discovered how much we have in common. Its freaky sometimes, but it is there.

We do differ, no doubt. But we decided not to fight about it.
Shayne and Courtney do get insecure about us sometime, but then
You make your own demons😈.

I pull over below Damien's house and give him a missed call.
We are going shopping today. Mrs. Hass's birthday is coming up and he needs a gift.
Thank God we partly did today's work yesterday.

I was uploading my story about Pebbles when Damien opened the passenger seat and got in.
I tried my best not to look over, but his new cologne was disturbing me.
The old smell was perfect. There was no need to change it.

"Hey." he greeted.
"Hmm" I replied. Too busy right now.
"Come on. Drive. We have to be back soon." he reminded me.
Oh yes.
"Just a sec. I have to upload this." I said without lifting my head up.
"Gimme. I will do it and you drive." he said and took my phone away.
I didn't oppose.

See, that's how close we are now that we don't mind the other operating our phones either.

"You really think she will like it?" Damien asked me while we were having our waffles in the food court.

That is how he is. He will do something good and will keep second guessing it later.
"For the 12th time now Damien, yes. She will absolutely love it." I said with an irritated voice.

"Why didn't you buy anything?"

Oh no.
What do I say now?

Not working on a paying job and spending on Pebbles really had taken a toll on my bank account.

Working on random projects was only serving my survival, but not my needs.

But, how do I tell him that?
I shouldn't share my financial situation with anybody else, right?

"Hello, Earth to y/n." Damien's words and his hand waving infront of my face brought me back to reality.

"I, uh, didn't really like anything." I said.
I focused in the food lying infront of me, now cold due to the conversation and waited for him to tell me about a black dress or the new dan brown book that we saw.
I lifted my eyes up when nothing came out of his mouth for a bit of time and found his eyes narrowed, looking at me.

His stern expression and hazel eyes staring at me caused a chill to run down my spine.

"What?" I finally managed to say.
"What are you hiding?" he asked in return.
Hooooow??!!!

"Nothing. Why would I hide anything?" I said, looking down at my plate again.
You just can't maintain that eye contact when you are lying.

Who am I kidding? Damien can read me like an open book.

"Alright. My account is a bit tight right now." I said, sticking my fork upright in my waffle.
"So why didn't you tell me?"
"What would you do with that?" I asked.
"I will help."

Did he...

"Are you suggesting that I take money from you?" I asked.
Being a friend is one thing but this is just crossing lines.
If he thinks that even in his wildest dreams I would ever take any help financially from anybody, then he is wrong. He is so wrong.
Its not that bad that I get to that now.

A laugh escaped his mouth.
"No stupid, I mean we could look for some source of income for you together."

"Like what?" I asked after a second.
"You tell me. What do you want to do?"
"If I would have known it I would have done it myself." I pointed out.

We both then left that topic and talked about how cartoons in our childhood were far better than they are now.

Time skip:

I was editing videos in the room and Damien was talking with someone on the phone.
The screen started to look solarised, so I closed it down for a moment and started rubbing my eyes. If this continues, my number will surely increase. Thicker lenses.

While rubbing, I heard his hurried footsteps. Ok, so he is coming.

"Y/N!"
"What?" I asked.
"Would voice overs work?" he asked.

Is he ok?

"Ummm. Damien they are already a thing and pretty famous. So they worked. And want to know more? You are a part of it." I said.

He just stared for a moment.
What?!!!

"I mean would it work FOR YOU as an overhead source of income?"
Oh.

I thought we were having a silly conversation again.

"I don't know anything about it but." I said.
"I'll help you." he said.
It can.....

It can actually work.

It is not permanent, pays substantially, and Damien will be there to help me.

"Yeah. That actually is a good idea."
As soon as these words left my mouth, Damien returned to the call
"Yeah, she will come."

Wait, so he already is doing it?

I started waving my hands above my head to grab his attention, so that i could tell him i need some time to think about it.
No use.
He already was gone and I could hear him fix date for tomorrow.

When he returned, I told him
"Damien why did you confirm it? I need time to think."
He narrowed his eyes.
"What do you want to think about it? It's temporary, okay-ish pay and I am there to help you."

Did he just enlist the points that I thought of too?

"Yeah, I know. But..."
"No ifs and buts. You are coming tomorrow. Trust me you are gonna love it."

I had no choice but to accept it.
So as a result, here I am lying awake in my bed, getting stressed about all the possible outcomes of tomorrow.
I hate my social skills.

TOMORROW:

I was sitting on the passenger seat, Damien driving beside me.
Even though the traffic was crazy today, I knew handling upcoming few hours would be more stressful.

"Relax. You're gonna be great."
Damien's voice brought me back to reality.

"Hmm." I forcefully let out.
Even his voice today wasn't able to calm me down.

Ok. Chill girl.
Worst case scenario, they will kick you out of the building for dressing like a dude and stammering infront of the mic. They won't kill you.
Just kick you out.

AHHHHH!

He pulled over infront of a 4 storied building.
We entered and I immediately felt my jaw clench. This is too big.
Literally, I'll easily get lost in this place.

"Where's the, umm studio?" I asked Damien, not sure if it called a studio.
"On the upper 2 floors. But we'll have to first go to the 1st floor to meet Chad. He has the scripts and all."

Half an hour later I found myself speaking the same line with different expressions. Chad, the most jolly guy I had ever met wanted to see how well I can do this.
"Yeah. She is good." He turned to Damien and said.
I pursed smile crept on my face.
I think Chad saw it.
"Don't worry hon, you will do great. I know it."

He got up from his chair and motioned us to follow.
"My daughter too is a really anxious girl. So my wifey tries this."
Then he just stopped breathing, for a moment.

"Hoooooo." He finally let out a controlled puff of air.
"It works. Trust me."

I have seen that one. My music teacher showed it to me once.
I never practiced it though.

"Thanks sir." I said.
"Sir! Who? Me? Come on don't embarrass me. Call me Chad. Or cha-cha, or shade. Anything but formal."
"Ok" I said while smiling.

I and Damien exchanged a glance and I knew he too was thinking the same thing as me
This guy is unbearably jolly.

TIME SKIP:

I pushed the door open and came out. 3 hours of voice over is a lot.
"See, I told you. You were great y/n." Chad said immediately as I came out, Damien behind me.
"You too man, as always." he said and hugged Damien.

"What is this project Chad?" I asked.
"It's a college project of some cinematography students. Nothing big." He said.
"Say, y/n. How did you feel about this new experience?" Damien asked me.
"Yes, this was you first wasn't it? How did you feel about it?" Chad added.

How did I feel?

Should I tell them that my heart was beating crazy because I and Damien were exchanging love dialogues?
Should I tell them that Damien's cologne was constantly distracting me?
Should I tell them that I enjoyed it very much, but more than that I will remember how sensually Damien said 'I love you so much'. So sensually that it sent wave of shocks in my body and a shameless sensation between my thighs?

"I loved it. I really think i will do it more." is all I could spit out.

Damien POV:

It was a horrible idea.
I can't take it anymore.
Just the first day of our voice over and I was this close to throwing away that damned script and kiss her.

'I know you do. But I love you more.'

These words were ringing in my head over and over again.
It shouldn't feel so good. It was just a dialogue. All scripted.
Was it?

More than anything it was a deep desire which momentarily became the truth.
What would I not give to make it real.

I dropped her off and returned home. Now that she has said yes for it, I must get use to all this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 129 24
Courtney has just started her new job at Smosh. It seems to be everything she's ever wanted, but when she meets a certain someone, it seems like ever...
12.4K 137 30
(REPUBLISHED THIS!! OG WRITTEN IN 2019!!!) Damien and y/n know they love each other, but can't be together- why? y/n moves to La knowing she'd work...
7.9K 132 18
(Y/N) lived a completely normal life as a YouTuber. She had millions of subscribers and amazing friends. Nothing could get any better... Or could it...
75K 1K 54
When Courtney's cousin and life long best friend Sydney finds herself in a bad relationship, she gets fed up and removes her from the situation. How...