Gate: Thus S.A.T.O Fought The...

By IMajorBeast

IW/AW and Halo - Gate Crossover S.A.T.O Infinity was exploring the vast distance of space, when they discover... More

Chapter 1: A New Discovery
Chapter 2: Welcome To Falmart
Chapter 4: Past meets Future
Chapter 5: Battle Of Italica and Diet Meeting
Chapter 6: Diet Session
Chapter 7: Tour Of Japan
Chapter 8: The Hakone Mountain Night Battle
Chapter 9: Hotel Fight
Chapter 10: Return To Falmart (Gun Show)
Chapter 11: Vehicle and Weapon Demonstration
Chapter 12: Recon Duty (Short Story)
Chapter 13: Operation: Hunting Party
Chapter 14: Tour of the Infinity
Chapter 15: New Troops, New Missions
Chapter 16: Training Facility
Chapter 17: Crew Expandable
Chapter 18: Team Player
Chapter 19: Capital Assault
Chapter 20: Wolverines
Chapter 21: Down The Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Holiday Visitors
Chapter 23: Daddy's Home
Chapter 24: Merry Christmas
Chapter 25: Preperations
Chapter 26: London Has Fallen
Chapter 27: Escaping London
Chapter 28: Embassy Siege
Chapter 29: Preparing for Battle (Short Story)
Chapter 30: Welcome To My World
Chapter 31: The Easy Day Was Yesterday
Chapter 32: Seahawkins Seafort
Chapter 33: Next Operation (Short Story)
Chapter 34: Operation: Goalpost
Chapter 35: Deniable Ops
Chapter 36: American Consumption
Chapter 37: Bag and Drag
Chapter 38: Manhunt
Chapter 39: Street Fight
Chapter 40: Battle of Los Angeles (Updated)
Chapter 41: Site F
Chapter 42: The Gulag
Chapter 43: First Contact
Chapter 44: Battle of Italica II
Chapter 45: A New Enemy
Chapter 46: Reinforcements
Chapter 47: Battle Of Eliptical Sagittarius
Chapter 48: Collapse of Firebase Alpha
Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts
Chapter 50: Tying Up Loose Ends (Short Brief)
Chapter 51: Loose Ends
Chapter 52: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend
Chapter 53: Site Hotel Bravo
Chapter 53: Endgame
Chapter 54: Six Invitational
Chapter 55: Spies vs Mercs

Chapter 3: Lone Wolf

5K 91 41
By IMajorBeast

Location: Unknown Town
Time: 0850 Hours

"Captain. This is Sgt.Maria citizens are recovered. I say again citizens had been recovered." Sgt.Maria said through her comms to Captain Lasky.

"Good work out there. Get them to Firebase Alpha ASAP."

"Roger that sir." The communication line ended.

She turned her attention to the slaves and see they were all being treated already. "Farhad, patch these two then get them to the pitbull." She ordered the Iranian private and walked over to helped the two sisters.

The private came forward and kneeled down the two crying girls. "C'mon you two, let's get you to the convoy." The private told the two crying women. They both comply and stood up to follow the armored soldier.

The two Japanese followed the armored soldier to the thick forest, once they are in the clear they spotted 3 armored vehicles nothing that they have ever seen in the media, and as they got closer they spotted 6 robots walking around the convoy safeguarding it in case if they were any enemies.

Ayano and Kuryi stared at the robots in shocked, never in their life, they see military robots in service before, not even the U.S military used these type of robots. Two soldiers came forward and guided them to the Mastodon APC, the vehicles itself was big. The tire size itself is the size of a man, it's like combining a monster truck and APC together.

"This way Ma'am." The soldier told them to go to the rear of the vehicle. The ramp came down and showed a medical bay all prepped and ready.

"Please lie down and relax will patch you up in no time." A man - presumably a doctor - told them to lie down on the bed.

The two sisters complied and lie down on the bed. The med-bay lit up bright white and the ring around started to move in circles. The two sisters started to feel nervous, not sure what's happening.

"Just relax you two. It will be okay." The doctor reassured them. "Start it up." The doctor told another doctor and pressed a button. The white light started to grow brighter forcing them to close their eyes, and slowly circling around the sisters. That's when they felt it as the ring circles them they can feel their wounds started to go away, they took a glimpse and see that their skin is starting to heal.

"Status?"

"Tissues are now restored and flesh wounds are now gone. All done sir."

"All right ma'am please stand up." They did as they were told. They looked at themselves in a mirror. They let out a gasp, in the reflection, all their scratches and wounds were now gone. They look the same as they were back in Ginza 2 months ago.

"Sgt civilians are now patched up, permission to bring them to Firebase Alpha." Private Farhad said to Sgt.Maria.

"Copy, you are clear to bring them to Firebase Alpha."

"Roger that Sgt out."

He turned his attention to the doctors, telling them that they are now moving. "Scout 1-1, you are clear to Firebase Alpha, I repeat you are clear to Firebase Alpha."

The Mastodon APC in front started its engine before driving towards its destination. The other APC was stationed on the other side where they will be helping the freed slaves. "Have the freed slaves given food, water, and medical treatment." Several C-6 drones came forward and starting giving foods and waters to the freed slaves - which at first scared them to the armored robot - and the doctors treating the others.

"Good work out here boys. Let's clean up and get them home." She said to her unit, which in return all shouted 'Oorah'.

Location: Firebase Alpha
Time: 0900 Hours

Firebase Alpha is now fully operational. The gate itself is at the front as usual guarded by energy laser sentry turret, the energy wall itself stretches from 150m wide and 30m tall. The base is shaped like a large square with Pelicans and Ravens coming down with cargo and vehicles.

There were rows of T-740 Hovertanks parked near the gate with several M650 Mastodon APC. Sentinels and Huragok were on the hangar bay helping S.A.T.O engineers fixed several vehicles such as Warthogs, Pitbulls, C-12, and few or dozen aircraft.

For the personnel, they were happy that the Firebase is now fully operational, it feels better to be outside instead of breathing the artificial air in the Infinity.

"Glad to be outside aye mate." Gideon said he and others were outside talking enjoying the scenery and fresh air outside.

"Yep, more than happy." Emile said drinking a bottle of beer. "It's better than staying in space breathing in artificial air."

"Wonder what were gonna explore out there?" Reyes said drinking a can of soda.

"It's a big land with knights, elves, trolls who knows what will we discover out there." Noble Six said staring outside the open field.

"Yo, check it out." Brooks said pointing at the gate.

On the gate came in the Mastodon APC, which was sent to free the foreign citizens. "They must have come back already." The rear door of the APC came down and two Asians came out. They were looking at the Firebase with awe seeing the advancements these people had in their possession.

"2 out of 6 have been rescued. Wonder how the others were doing." Jerome said.

"You think Lasky will send us out there again?" Linda asked

"It's a big land out there, who knows where they take them. We're gonna need more intel if were going to even find them. " Kat said

"It's been 3 months ever since they got here. They could be anywhere right now." Chief said.

They talked for more than 5 minutes, then Roland pop out in the hologram table that they were using. "Good morning everyone, I see that everyone is doing well out here." Roland greeted them.

"What do you got for us Roland?" Carter asked the A.I

"I got a mission for Noble Six." The others turned to Nathan who stared back.

"A mission?"

"Yes. Lasky will brief you in the Warbird. Grab your gear and move out."

"Copy that." Six got up from his seat and walked towards the armory building where he will be grabbing his gears.

"Good luck out there Six." Kashima said as the others joined in telling him 'Good Luck'. He nodded and went to the armory and gear up for the upcoming mission

Location: Warbird (Destination: Coda Village)
Time: 0925 Hours

Inside the warbird Six is seating alone in the back. He is checking his gears and pieces of equipment to see if they are functioning properly before putting on his helmet. A beeping sound came from his wrist computer, he activated it and shows Lasky in the hologram.

"You ready Six?"

"Yes, sir. Prepped and ready."

"Well let's get this started." Lasky shows the map of the village he will be gathering intel. "As you know, the structure known as the 'Gate' connects from here to 21st century Ginza, Japan." Six nodded a day ago the rest of the crew aboard the Infinity know where the gate leads.

"3 months ago, the Imperial Army launched a surprise attack in Ginza." He showed news of the attack in Ginza. "Killing more than 150 civilians and capturing 8 citizens and taking them from the other side of the gate." The recon drone that was taken by the Icarus-class destroyer shows 8 of the slaves."

The hologram showed the profile of the citizens. "We already rescued 2 Japanese citizens name Kiryu and Noya Ayano." The two Japanese profiles were canceled out. "Now we have 6 more to find." It shows 4 Caucasian and 1 Asian.

"Your mission is to interrogate the Imperial captain that is located in this town, and get any intel about the captured citizens."

"Yes, sir."

"Good luck out there Noble Six. Infinity out." The hologram faded.

He grabbed his C.L.A.W modular weapon system and switched to suppressed mode. He went to the pilot's seat and activated the warbirds cloaking and mute charge to hide the helicopter.

5 Minutes Later

Minutes later he sees the town that is shown on the map that he was briefed. He turned off the warbirds autopilot and lands it in the ground without any noise thanks to the mute charge built in the helicopter.

He exited the warbird and checked the perimeter, once secure. He activated his wrist computer and put the helicopter in patrol mode with cloak and mute charge activated. The warbird hovered for a few seconds before disappearing into the sky.

"Roland. This is Noble Six. Approaching the town."

"Copy that Six. We're tracking you."

He moved to the gate and simply just jumped and passed it. Two sentries were stationed in the outpost tower. He moved and took out the first sentry before moving to the last one. He climbed the tower and grabs the guard by the collar and knocked him in the cement, cracking it.

As he moved to the town he sees he sees the house where the captain is living, but he needs to know if the Captain is present. It was the size of a two-story house except its made of wood. Civilians were also in the area and he can't let them see that he was here.

He looked around and see that the best spot to hide is the rooftop, but before he can make a move an Imperial Guard came through and Six quickly hide on the dark side of the wall.

The guard thought he heard something coming from the alley, so he moves to investigate. Once there Six quickly punched the guard and pinned him in the ground for interrogation.

"Talk, but talk quietly. Where is the Imperial Captain?" He asked the guard in a cold tone

"I'm not speaking barbarian." He said, but Six could tell that the guard is afraid and intimidated by him.

Six put his left palm in the guard's mouth, he activated his ripper blade and stabbed him the thighs. The guard screamed, but Six's palm was covering his mouth preventing him from screaming. "Talk while you still can." He asked again.

He moved his palms from the guard's mouth. "Okay, okay. He's in there, he's inside. He's waiting for the delivery of the slaves."

The word 'slave' triggered in Six's head confirming that Captain was indeed connected to the kidnapping of the foreign citizens in the gate. "Anything else I need to know?" He covered the guard's mouth again and stabbed him with his ripper blade. The guard screamed again and shook his head. "That's all I know, you can't kill me please." He begged.

"Tell that to the people your men slaughtered in Japan." He slashed his throat killing him. He dumped his body in a nearby well, before proceeding to interrogate the captain.

He moved behind the house and is about to enter the house when he heard static communication, this is not S.A.T.O frequency since it was too static instead of clear. He looked st his HUD and it shows 3 convoys, he was guessing that these were the 21st-century soldiers.

He spotted them disembarking their humvees and went to talk to the villagers since they all gathered around. The man is reading something from the book which Six was guessing was a dictionary since they have no translators.

He ignored the group of soldiers and proceeds to the house. He opened it and swiftly killed 3 guards with his ripper blade before shooting the last one with his suppressed FTL eraser, disintegrating the guard to nothing.

He moved upstairs and placed a mute charge on the floor so no-one from outside can hear them talking inside the house. He breached the door and quickly chokes the Imperial Captain before he can pull out his dagger.

"Tell me about the slaves you captured from the gate and I may not snap your neck." He asked the Captain with a cold and deadly voice, but the Captain didn't show the fear in his eyes his pride getting better of him.

"I will not speak. You wretched barbarian."

"Funny you should say that. The last one said the same thing." He went to the door and bashed his head cracking the wood before kicking him in the same spot breaking the door open.

"Okay... enough... you wanna know where they are? They were.....sent to the trading routes in this town an hour ago.....before shipping them somewhere." The captain tried to speak.

"' They' isn't good enough. Tell me where'd you take them?"

"I can't tell. I swore an oath to the Empire. They'll gut me if I tell you." He tried to reason with him. The only thing he got in return is Six slamming his head on the wall before punching his head again cracking the wall leaving a small hole.

"Okay...okay, there in the Imperial Palace in the dungeons. Where Prince Zorzal is using them as his personal Guinea pigs. Some were also kept hidden in Italica, a neighboring city of the empire. Don't tell him I told you." The Captain said unable to breathe any longer because Six choking him.

"Oh, I'm not gonna tell him a damn thing." That was Six last sentences before he choked the Captain to death. Six looked outside to see the people packing up their things and belongings. He knows that a fire dragon would come in any second since he passed a burned forest in his way here.

He heard the sound of a horse from the other side of the city and was about to stomp the blue-haired girl. He pulled out his C.L.A.W modular weapon system and fired one burst of high energy round. When the laser made an impact on the head, it shows a huge burn mark on its head with blood sprayed around.

The JSDF team was shocked to see the horse dead on the ground. They looked around to see if there were anyone from the houses that could have killed the horses only to found none.

"I guess I'm done here." He opened a window and jumped down. He followed the same path earlier where he came and commanded the warbird. It landed in front of him and he entered.

"Captain this is Noble Six. Mission complete heading back fo Firebase Alpha."

"Good work out there Six. R.T.B for debriefing."

10 minutes later

In the warbird Six yad his armor and gears off as he was cleaning and fixing the equipment. Then he heard a distressed call coming from the pilot's seat. He quickly went there and checked it. Six pressed a few buttons and holographic pads where the pilot speaker shot out a man yelling in Japanese.

He pressed a few command codes in the warbirds datapad and quickly translated it. "This is Lt.Itami of 3rd recon tea, we're engaging a huge dragon out here! We need reinforcements or else the civilians were escorting are going to be barbecued!!"

Six activated the warbirds camera systems and looked to see a red-flame dragon nearly the size of a scarab tank the covenant used during the Human-Covenant War. He noticed that despite the advanced weaponry the Japanese possessed the bullets didn't seem to injure the oversized flying lizard or penetrate its skin.

If this kept on going far too long, they're eventually roasted by the living flamethrower, leaving the civilians to become dinner for the beast.

"Sir, this is Noble Six. I received a distress signal from the surface, 3 JSDF vehicles are engaging a large hostile to protect a civilian convoy. Sir, based on the footage I'm sending to you. They won't stand against it."

There was a moment of silence from the other side of the COM before the Captain's voice was heard. "Noble Six, you're clear to engage the target.

When the sentence was finished, Six disabled the warbirds auto-pilot system and took control. He dived down like a fighter jet and engaged the fire dragon. A sword was coming down to deliver a fatal blow to the dragon, and introduce S.A.T.O to the JSDF with an explosive entrance.

Down Below

'Well, this is going well.' Itami sarcastically thought as he fired upon the dragon's face with his Type-64 rifle. The 7.62 rounds were doing nothing to the scales as they bounced off its impenetrable scale armor. The .50cals weren't doing much better as they achieved the same results as the rifle.

He saw the giant fire dragon was getting annoyed with the rounds impacting against its scales and face. It reeled back and Itami saw fire started to gather in its mouth.

"It's going to breathe fire again! Look out!" He yelled out just as the dragon opened its mouth with an earth-shattering roar.

A long stream of fire flew across the ground and set ablaze the very ground they were fighting on into the hell itself. Grasses burnt away while the soil blackens out from the gathering heat and ashes. The lieutenant knows how bad the flames were against the flesh as he personally witnessed the fire reducing a woman into barely recognizable charred flesh and bones.

That was a messed up way to die

Itami internally cursed that they lost their rocket launcher during the chaos out of the fight when they attempted to aim and fire a rocket at the dragon. He knew that despite their mobility, they would eventually be in a more precarious situation if nothing is done about the dragon. That was when his COM started to buzz.

"3rd Recon Team, this is Noble Six, reinforcements are here." An American voice called to him.

He then heard the familiar sound of a helicopter, but instead of the loud and chop sound of the helicopter it was quiet, and the speed of the helicopter alone even broke the sound barrier as it went a sonic boom, flying towards the dragon itself.

He looked out the window of the LAV to see the dragon diving towards them suddenly jerked as several fountains of blood and gore poured gushily out of its penetrated side, with a few missing limbs as it created large showers of dirt from the ground leaving some large craters.

The unknown helicopter circled again and hovered in front of the dragon and released a barrage of... blue energy beams. It could be his eyes deceiving him but was that a laser that just shot the fire-dragon to death.

The fire-dragon gave out the last roar that was close between a scream and fear as it lost control over its massive dying body, falling to the ground at increasing speed before crashing with a large thud, creating a large dirt cloud from the impact. The people watching the sides looked with awe before one cheered, igniting a chain reaction of everybody else following the first's cheer.

The dreaded Fire-Dragon that plagued the lands for centuries was finally dead. Killed by whatever magic the men-in-green brought with them

However, the men and women of 3rd Recon Team were confused about what had happened. They were glad for whoever helped them in slaying the dragon, but at the same time confused about who was helping them in the first place. They had the unknown as "Noble Six", who had a helicopter with considerable firepower. What made it weird is that instead of hearing bullets of larger caliber it sounds more like a laser rather than a bullet. However, they know there was no way that the government would allow a U.S military aircraft to pass through the gate, so the only conclusion they could only think of was if whether there was another gate nearby.

The only thing they knew was that things were about to get interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 627 23
A story about my own character being reincarnated in the Danmanchi universe. There will be some romance at times Nothing hectic. I will try to update...
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
23K 1K 31
Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] [ /ˈfyo͞oCHər SHäk/ ] "A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid Social or Technological change." - Oxford En...
17.3K 160 5
In a blinding burst of serene light, the 44th Imperial Fleet is thrust into an unknown realm, damaged, disoriented, and severed from the Empire's rea...