(Death Note) - L X Reader One...

By CringeyLittleMess

Some more oneshots involving Reader-Chan and our senpai L! (I DON'T OWN DEATH NOTE OR ITS CHARACTERS AND I DO... More

Breakdown
Prankster (small mature)
First Date (part 1)
First Date (Part 2)
Heat Stroke
Huge Problems
School Life (Part 1)
School Life (part 2)
L X Reader Headcanons
You Deserve Better
Instant Regret
Boredom
Step Up The Game
Fake Happy
Night Owl
Nightmares
A Strange Way To Meet
Family Time
I got tagged in this thing
Peer Pressure
Falling For The Fangirl
Bookworm
L's Birthday Oneshot
Cosplayer
Stay With Me
Starry Sky
The Protective One
What is up with my stories?
New Mission
Special
Another Tag!!
L X Reader In A Wheelchair
Doubt
Yeet, I got tagged again!
Cats Vs Dogs
Baby Boy
We've only gone and got tagged again!
Artistic
Confession
Battles
Blind Date
Well, if it isn't a another tag
Hope (Homeless Reader)
Tickles
Differences (Wolf Reader)
Issues
Gambler
Stare
Last Breath
Sleep Tight
Bringing Us Together
Chances
Fun & Games!
It's another tag! Yee!
Ashamed
Dreamer
Dreamer (Part 2)
Dreamer (Part 3)
Unseen
Fanboy
Real
L's Birthday (2019)
It's back again!! (Tag time!)
Hope (Homeless Reader Part 2)
Famous
Trapped in a Box! (Remastered)
Wake Up!
Burden
Memory (Soulmate AU)
Chase
Time for a Rant
Accidential
I Will Not Stop With These
Little Plush Toy
Flustered
From her World (Part 1)
From her World (Part 2)
From her World (Part 3)
From her World (Part 4)
From Her World (Final Part)
L's Birthday Oneshot (2020)
Author-Chan's Birthday (Not a Oneshot)
Forever Forced
Change of Style
Forever Forced (Part 2)
The Girl I Know Too Well (Part 1)
The Girl I Know Too Well (Part 2)

Hope (Homeless Reader Part 3)

1K 32 67
By CringeyLittleMess

"I don't really think (Y/N) can be dangerous" Matsuda said to L. "The vibe I'm getting from her doesn't show any signs of danger."

"Yeah!" Light stepped in. "If she had any relation to Kira or if she was Kira, don't you think she would have used that power to her advantage? For example, if she was Kira, I'm sure she would've threatened people to give her a home so she wouldn't be homeless anymore. Kira is childish and hates losing remember. Kira wants things their way. Seems to me like (Y/N)'s just an ordinary girl."

"Even if you think she is, we still have to be cautious" L stated. "She can just be trying to mess with us so she can get inside our heads. Maybe she's planning her next move now. That's why we have to be careful."

"But if you focus on one suspect, you're not gonna get anywhere!" Light snapped.

There was a sudden change in atmosphere as Misa came bursting through the doors.

"I'm back!!!" She shouts. "But I'm really tired..."

She walks over to Light and sits on his lap, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Misa, I'll need to ask you a favour..." L began.

Misa lifted her head up to look at L.

"What's up?"

"Do you have any spare clothes?"

"Huh?!"

"To lend to (Y/N) here."

Misa turned her head to the screens in front of L and saw you sitting there, reading your book.

"Who's this?"

"This is (Y/N)" L sighed then turned and glared at Matsuda. "Matsuda brought her here..."

"She was homeless! And she was being attacked by people! I can't just leave an innocent person to suffer like that, could I?!"

L never said anything but turned back around to face the screens.

"So, do you have any spare clothes, Misa?" He asked.

"I'm sure I've got something she can wear for now. I'll go to my floor and check."

Misa then got up and left.

L remained watching the screens.

You sat there, continuing to read.

'It's kinda boring not being able to do much around here' you think to yourself. 'But I'm really happy that I actually have a place to stay.'

Soon, the door to your floor opened and a blonde haired girl walked in, carrying a pile of clothes.

"I brought you some of my clothes so that you would feel a little more comfortable" Misa said and turned to leave.

"Holy crap!! Misa Amane?! The actress?!" You shout as she's about to leave.

Misa instantly turned around to look at you.

"Oh my god! You stay here too?! I love your movies!! You even worked with that famous actor, Hideki Ryuga too! That must've been so cool!! Please can I have your autograph?!"

Misa was very surprised at what was happening right now.

"You're my fan?"

"Yes! I watched all your movies when I stayed with my sister, before she kicked me out!"

Misa gave you a sympathetic look but she soon smiled and nodded.

"I'm glad to meet another fan. Of course I'll give you my autograph!"

You smile brightly and pulled out a small sketchbook out of your backpack to give to her.

"Wow! You like to draw?! Amazing!" Misa said as she flipped through the pages, looking at all your drawings.

"Oh, thank you" you smile. "When you live on the streets, it's hard to find something to do. So I took my sketchbook with me and just started drawing scenery and buildings around me wherever I went."

"I'm so sorry to hear that you were homeless. No one should have to go through such thing" Misa said sadly.

"Well, thanks to Matsuda, I'm slowly getting back on my feet. I know L still has his doubts about me, but I hope soon he realises that I'm innocent and can let me explore more of the taskforce."

"I see you're familiar with L then?" Misa said as she sighed her autograph on your sketch pad and gave it back to you.

"I am now. Not gonna lie, I thought he was gonna turn out to be a lot older than he appears" you giggle.

"Yeah, we all thought that" Misa giggled back.

"But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The man looks cute."

"Aww! That's sweet! No one's ever said that about L!" Misa said.

L, who was still watching the screens, started to fidget a little.

"So, you're name is (Y/N) right?"

"Yep, that's me."

"You sound like such a cool person! And you're my fan too which is awesome! I hope we can hang out more!" Misa said.

"Yeah, me too" you smile.

Soon, Misa's phone rang.

"Sorry, I gotta take this" Misa said, picking up her phone and answering it.

"Misa, please come downstairs. You were only asked to lend (Y/N) some clothes, not have a conversation with her."

It was L.

"I'm coming down now" she said and the phone call ended.

"I apologise (Y/N). I'll have to go now" Misa said. "I'd love to come up here again and speak to you."

"I'd like that. See you soon. Thank you for the autograph and the clothes!"

You wave to Misa as she left.

It was quiet again.

You stare down at Misa's autograph in your hands before bringing it closely to your chest and hugging it.

"I guess I better go and change then. Misa was kind enough to lend me her clothes."

You go off into the bathroom to change.

~

After you came out, you didn't just feel like a different person, you looked like one too!

"Wow! These are amazing!"

Surprisingly, Misa's clothes fitted you perfectly.

"I look so cute!" You say, looking at yourself in a mirror.

You were now dressed in a red tartan skirt with black leggings along with a black turtleneck.

"I love it! I wanna keep these!"

Back in the main room, L had looked away from the cameras for a split second and when he looked back, he almost spat out his tea at the sight of you in different clothes.

"The clothes look so cute on (Y/N)!" Misa said happily. "I'm glad my size could fit her."

"Look how happy she is!" Matsuda said.

"Don't you think she looks cute L?" Misa asked him.

L stared at you on the cameras for a second, taking in your appearance, before turning his head away and sipping his tea.

"No..."

"That's a little harsh L" Light said.

"I do not wish to have this conversation" L said, sinking into his chair.

He so thought you looked cute.

"I should style (Y/N)'s hair and do her make-up too!! Then she'll look amazing!" Misa said.

"Why are we having this conversation about a suspect? (Y/N) could be a danger to us" L stated.

"I don't think (Y/N)'s a bad person. I think we can trust her" Matsuda said.

"I'd like to trust her, but we must be cautious" L said.

"Are you blushing L?" Misa asked.

"Why would you ask such a question?" L said, appalled.

"You so are!! Aww! How cute!!" Misa giggled.

"This isn't funny. I am not blushing! (Y/N) doesn't interest me in the slightest! This conversation is completely inappropriate for this case."

Misa didn't listen. She just continued to tease L.

L then stood up.

"I need five minutes..." he sighed and walked off.

"...Tsundere much?" Misa laughed, causing Matsuda to laugh too.

Back in your floor, you were just sitting in front of the mirror, brushing your hair. You were very grateful for everything that had happened today. You felt so happy and so relaxed.

Soon, the door to your floor was opened and you jumped up.

"Oh, L...It's you" you say, catching your breath.

"I apologise if I startled you" he said in his monotone voice.

"Don't worry about it" you say, approaching him. "Is there something wrong?"

L looked you up and down. Seeing you face to face was a lot different from seeing you over a screen.

"No...Nothing..." he said turning his head away, trying to hide the small blush in his cheeks. "I only came to change the flowers in that flower pot over there, as those ones have died..."

He looked over your shoulder, causing you to look behind you in confusion.

"The flowers in that flower pot are perfectly healthy..." you state, confused. "There's no need to change them..."

"Is that so? You're right. I must've looked at them wrong. My mistake."

Was there another reason L came here?

"Well, I don't want these flowers here to die either, so I guess I'll give them to you" L said, handing you the flowers, avoiding eye contact.

You were still a little confused but you smile at him and take the flowers.

"Thank you."

"Don't get the wrong idea" L states. "I am only giving you them because I am too busy to properly take care of them. And they'll die quicker if they aren't taken care of properly."

"O-Of course..."

There was an awkward silence that filled the room as the both of you looked away from each other to hide your embarrassment.

"What the hell is L doing?" Light asked, watching him over the cameras.

"Um...These are really pretty flowers" you say, breaking the silence. "I haven't seen these before, for obvious reasons..."

L flinched a tiny bit and turned his attention back to you.

"Oh these? There's a mixture here" he began. "These flowers on the left are Middlemist Red roses. They originally came from China but were brought to England in 1804. They were very popular but now they are extinct in China and it's hard to find them nowadays. They are pretty rare. Good job we found them when we did. See how some of the flowers are pink and some are red? Well, the pink ones represent a longing for someone and the red represents love, passion and deep desire."

The two of you suddenly blush.

"Again, don't get the wrong idea. I wasn't planning to give these to you. We only have these because they are going extinct so we had to bring them here so we could see them" L said. "Nothing else!"

"I-I know!" You say.

You were pretty surprised to hear that L knew lots about flowers. I mean, he's a great detective, so of course he's gonna be smart, but you never expected him to be smart in the nature field. It was nice though. He seemed to talk in a different manner when he spoke about those flowers.

You smile at him.

"They're really pretty. What about these flowers on the right?" You point to them.

"Those ones are Chocolate Cosmos. Also extremely rare. I don't think anymore exist in this world except for the ones I have here."

"Wow! So cool! You really know a lot about flowers!" You say, amazed.

"I guess so. Well, a few of these flowers bloomed where I grew up so I just learned about them because I thought they looked really nice" he said. "That's how I began learning more about other flowers too."

"That's awesome! I do like flowers myself, but I don't know lots about them, like you do" you say.

"When I start to suspect you less and can find proof that you are not related to Kira, maybe I can teach you more about the different flowers you like when I have free time. Like, the different meanings behind them and where they originated from. If you're okay with it that is..." L said, fidgeting.

You smile brightly at him.

"I'd like that very much!" You say.

L smiled a little too but it wasn't very noticeable.

"That's good. I'm glad."

L then glanced at the clock on the wall.

"I'm sorry to have to do this (Y/N), but I'll have to head back down and get more work done" he said, heading to the door.

"I understand. Good luck with the work!"

"Thank you. Take good care of the flowers and I'll visit again soon" he said, and went to leave but stopped.

"What's wrong L?" You asked.

"Nothing's wrong. You just look cute, (Y/N)" he said, and left.

It was from then on, the two of you developed a nice relationship and you never knew L would mean so much to you.

(A/N): Didn't really know how to end this. I apologise if the ending sucks but I didn't wanna drag the story over more than three parts so this is all you're getting lol.

Also, I am thinking of making the 'Homeless Reader' series an actual book so I could try and develop the plot and relationships better. Would you guys like that? Let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading and I'll see y'all in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 589 20
~LevixReader one shot stories~ There is a short story in there that is LevixReaderxEren also. This is my second story well story sort thing I haven'...
2.2M 40.7K 199
Just some Yandere x Reader One Shots {Female Pronouns} Obviously ⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️ Read at your own discretion May contain Mha/Vigilanties spoiler...
52.2K 934 21
hey guys this is just full of oneshots kinda crappy but its okay and vote this book and follow my account!! if you want. Edited: Dec. 10, 2017 Hehe...
134K 1.7K 26
Here are oneshots of killua x female reader for y'all. I hope you enjoy!! Some of my oneshots are inspired in the ones made by: Lucyxdragneel<3 ~ be...