L's Birthday Oneshot (2020)

(A/N): I have been working on this book for 2 years now and I'm no where near completing it lol. Anyways, you know the drill. Fanart I drew up there ^
Ignore my background XD
On with the story!

The day had finally arrived. Halloween!

It was a difficult time this year. With this crazy virus going on, L and I had to work from home. We hated it with a passion, but what else were we supposed to do?

Also, that meant that we couldn't go Trick or Treating this year for L's birthday due to keeping our social distance.

This year sucked. It was as simple as that.

But, despite not being able to spend L's birthday how we usually do, that didn't mean that we couldn't have fun, just the two of us!

The day started off with me leaping out of bed and heading straight for the kitchen.

I always make L breakfast in bed and most of the time I tend to make pancakes for him, so I wanted to make him something different this year.

This year may be pretty bad, but I wanna fill today with happy memories of L and me.

I made the decision to make him something pretty simple: Toast.

But this wasn't just any kind of toast. This was toast with a twist!

As I waited for the toaster to pop the toast up, I thought about making L a milkshake. He's always drinking tea or coffee, so it's always good to change things up a bit.

I decided to make him strawberry milkshake as he really loves his strawberries!

So I got to work by gathering the ingredients: Strawberry ice cream, milk, heavy cream, all the things I needed.

I threw all the ingredients into a blender and switched it on.

Whenever L sleeps, he's usually a pretty heavy sleeper. So I'm sure the noise of the blender wouldn't be enough to wake him up.

The toast soon popped up in the toaster and I got to work with preparing the rest of L's breakfast.

I spread on some marmalade onto the toast and added some pieces of chopped up banana onto it to make little ears and a mouth.
To finish it off, I added blueberries for eyes and a little nose.

"Teddy bear toast! Perfect!"

It looked so adorable! I bet L would love it!

After I finished preparing the toast, I went to finish making the milkshake but before I could grab onto anything, I felt two arms snake around me, pulling me into a hug.

Oh, so he was awake.

"Happy Birthday L" I say to him.

"Thank you (Y/N)" he said, tired.

"Sorry, did I wake you with the noise of the blender?" I ask him.

"No...I just couldn't feel you beside me so I came downstairs to find you" L said. "Come back to bed with me. I want cuddles."

"Hang on, I'll give you cuddles later. I'm making you breakfast!"

L looked over my shoulder at what I had made for him. He watched as I poured the milkshake into a tall glass and topped it with whipped cream, sprinkles, chopped strawberries and a chocolate flake.

"You made all this for me?" He was certainly amazed.

"Of course! My way of showing how much I love you. Why don't you sit down and I'll give you your breakfast."