Nightmares

The Headcanon: Whenever you can't sleep, or if you have a nightmare, he'll sing to you to calm you down and make you fall asleep again.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

"What the hell was that?!" Light shot out from his seat.

"Don't panic! It's only (Y/N). She appears to have had another nightmare", L said, getting out of his seat.

"Should we do something?" Misa asked.

"You all worry too much. Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine. Just get back to work and I'll sort things out", L said, heading upstairs to your room.

Although he may not look like it on the outside, L was really worried about you on the inside.

Once he reached your room, he knocked on your door.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?" He asked.

"L? I-Is that you?"

Your voice was shaky.

L immediately came in after and found you sitting up on your bed, in tears.

"I-I'm sorry if I scared you", you say sadly, twirling your fingers.

"Don't worry about that", L said, sitting next to you and turning on the bedside lamp. "What happened in your nightmare this time?"

You give L a disappointed look.

"I guess you're so used to hearing me have nightmares that you don't even need to ask if I had a nightmare", you say sadly, trying to wipe away your tears only to have more fall.

"I'm sorry...it's just...I-"

L cut you off by rubbing your back making you flinch as blush spread across your cheeks. L had never...well...touched you before so it kind of took you off guard.

"It's alright (Y/N). As I've said before, we all get scared sometimes. It's a natural human feeling", L said, his expression not changing the slightest.

It was silent for a second as you tried to hide your blush from L.

"Remember that song we used to sing to each if we ever got scared (Y/N)?" L said, turning to you.

You turn to face him and he smiled.

"Oh yeah, I remember", you nod, a small smile creeping across your lips.

"I think we have an emergency
I think we have an emergency
If you thought I'd leave, then you were wrong
Cause I won't stop holding on", L began to sing.

You loved this song so much. It was one of your favourites and you could relate to it. Especially if L ever got scared, you promised you'd never leave him and that you'd help him the best you could. He promised you the same.

"So, are you listening?
So, are you watching me?
If you thought I'd breathe, then you were wrong
Because I won't stop holding on", you sang softly.

"This is an emergency, so, are you listening?
And I can't pretend that I don't see this
It's really not your fault
And no one cares to talk about it, to talk about it", L sang.

L's voice is so soothing. He sounds like an angel.

"Cause I've seen love die way too many times
When it deserved to be alive", you sang.

"I've seen you cry way too many times
When you deserved to be alive, alive", L sang again as you laid back down and snuggled into your blankets.

-Meanwhile with the others-

"I never knew L could sing", Misa said as she, Light and the others crowded around the monitors that displayed you and L. "He's actually quite good".

"So this is what he does when (Y/N) has nightmares?" Matsuda asked.

"Well, it appears to be calming her down", Light pointed out.

"Seriously, I'll never understand L sometimes", Misa said, folding her arms.

They continued to watch as the song drew close to the end.

-With you and L-

"No one cares to talk about it
To talk about it".

The two of you were singing together, but you were starting to feel sleepy again, so you sounded a lot more quieter.

"Cause I've seen love die way too many times
When it deserved to be alive", L sang.

He stopped when he realised he was back to singing alone and he turned to look at you, only to smile at the cute sight of you fast asleep again and wrapped up in your blankets.

"And I've seen you cry way too many times
When you deserved to be alive, alive", L finished off the song and sighed happily to himself.

"Now should I stay here with her, or should I go back and work?" He asked himself.

He decided to stay with you, just in case you had another nightmare.
He crawled under the covers and snuggled in with you.

"Goodnight (Y/N). Sleep well".

L hesitated a little, but he leaned in and kissed your forehead gently, covering his mouth in embarrassment afterwards.

-Next Morning-

You woke up to the sun shining through your curtains and your alarm clock buzzing in your ear.
You hit the off button and rubbed your eyes.

You then heard shuffling beside you. You turn around to see a sleeping L next to you, hugging one of your smaller pillows and sucking his thumb.

God, he was such a cutie.

You giggle a little at his cuteness.

"Out of all the times I've had a nightmare, he's never had the courage to get in my bed and sleep next to me", you say to yourself, blushing hard. "He's always went back to work and left me to sleep alone".

You decide to leave him to sleep and get up, only to hear L's voice when you reach the door.

"Good morning (Y/N)", he said.

"Good morning. May I ask why you decided to sleep with me last night?" You ask nervously.

"Don't you remember? I did promise you that I'd never leave you and I'd help you the best I could whenever you get scared", L replied.

"I know that. But...why now?"

"I'm not quite sure myself. I guess you can say throughout these days...I've fallen for you".

(A/N): I'll just end it here because I don't even know 😅

Gif time!