You Deserve Better

(A/N): Okay, so I've decided to make most of the headcanons into oneshots, because I am literally out of ideas at the moment. So the following oneshots, will be based on my headcanons.

The Headcanon: Because he has never experienced love before, or if he gets really stressed, L sometimes doubts himself a lot and keeps saying he's not good enough for you. He even tries to push you away and tell you to be with someone else. He doesn't mean to though. He's just frustrated and confused. He needs your love!

You noticed L had been a little pushy recently. He hadn't really spoken to you at all in the last two days. You decided to let it slide as it was probably stress caused by the case and he was finding it hard to concentrate.

But today...was a little different.

You awoke by your alarm clock buzzing in your ear. Slamming it to shut it up, you drag your heavy bones out of bed and decide to take a quick shower before pulling on some black jeans and a grey shirt and heading down to the main room of the taskforce.

"Hey, where's L?" You ask, looking around to see everyone else but the raven haired boy.

"No one knows. He wasn't here when we arrived", Matsuda explained.

'Where could he have gone?' You thought. 'He never leaves taskforce, so it's unlikely he'd be outside'.

"I'll go and look for him", you say.

"You can't", Light said.

"Why not?"

"He left a note".

Light handed you a small piece of paper with some writing on it. Unfolding the paper, you began to read what it said:

I know this is unprofessional of me to just leave like this, but I need some time to be alone for a while. Please do not come and find me, just understand.

~Ryuzaki

Your eyes widened as you finished reading.

"Wha? I don't quite understand".

"We just took his word and left him alone", Light said.

You tried to wrap your head around what this could all mean. L never leaves his work. He always makes sure it's done to the best of his ability.

You wondered if something bad had happened to him.

"Try not to worry so much (Y/N)", Light said. "He's probably just really stressed out and maybe he even went to sleep. You know how much Ryuzaki works".

"I-I know...But what if it's more than that? What if something bad has happened to him?!" You shout.

"I don't think-"

"I'm going to look for him! You can't stop me!"

And with that, you dashed up the stairs and began your search for L.
He wasn't anywhere on the first floor.

His room maybe?

You ran upstairs to the second floor and checked his room. He wasn't there either.

You were starting to panic.

'Where the hell is he?!'

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

You turn around to spot Watari behind you.

"I'm looking for L!" You say.

"He said he didn't want anyone to look for him".

"Well, I want to make sure he's okay!"