Bringing Us Together

(A/N): This was based off a pretty weird dream I had a few nights ago lolol

It was such a beautiful day today. You were out shopping in the busy city with your best friend for the day and the two of you were having so much fun.

"Where should we head next?" They asked.

"We should go eat somewhere. I'm really hungry" you reply.

"Sure."

You then stop, suddenly.

"Hang on a second" you say.

"What's up?" Your friend turns around to see you crouched down in front of a homeless man.

"Good afternoon sir. Here, take this and buy some food for yourself" you say giving him a £5 note.

"That's quite a lot of money. Are you sure?" He asked.

"I insist, sir" you say with a smile.

"Wow. Thank you. That's very nice of you" the man smiled.

"I'm happy to be of help. I hope good things come your way!" You say.

The man then took a hold of your hand and held it tight.

"God bless you. You are such a nice girl. I hope you have a bright future, yourself. Thank you again for your kindness."

Your friend, who was watching this, smiled at the sweet sight.

"I have to go now. I hope you are able to live the life you dream of and achieve your goals!" You say standing up.

"The same to you. God bless you. Thank you. You are very kind" the man waves goodbye to you as you and your friend leave.

"What a nice girl she is. I'll certainly remember her anyway."

The man then spotted another young man standing next to him. He was hunched over and had dark, messy hair. He appeared to be watching you and your friend leave, looking kind of amazed.

That was L, your ex.

"I bet you saw what she did huh?" The homeless man said to L who looked over at him.

"That girl is very nice. Do you know her, by any chance?" He asked.

"Indeed I do" L replied.

"She's my ex..."

That sure surprised the homeless man.

"What? You mean to tell me that you were in a relationship with her but now your not?"

L nodded.

"What happened?! How could you lose such a nice girl?!"

"It's kinda complicated, but I guess you could say that I was scared. I couldn't protect (Y/N), so I thought she'd be better with someone else. And now we never see each other again..."

L looked down at the ground.

"I failed at being the one she needed. She got hurt because of me. That's why I let her go..."

"I understand what you're saying, son. But...It's okay. Everyone has their own weaknesses. I can tell you would have tried your very best to help and protect the girl. Even if she got hurt, I'm sure she was grateful for you trying to protect her" the man said.

L looked up at him in surprise.

"The way I see it, it's not about whether you can actually protect them or not, it's whether or not you're willing to risk your life to save someone. If you even think of risking your life to save the one you love, that is something special, and no one should have to lose a person like that."