Cosplayer

(A/N): This was based on a past experience I had before I went to my first convention. Enjoy!

"Just gotta fix this wig..."

You had an anime convention coming up soon and you were going to cosplay for the first time!

You were actually going to cosplay as L to show your respect to him. You had all the supplies to put the cosplay together.

You finally finished fixing the black wig on your head and you stepped in front of a body mirror to see your full cosplay.

'Who the hell is that supposed to be?!' You thought to yourself.

'My wig is a mess! I went too crazy with the eyebags! My white shirt is slightly see through! And my breasts stick out too much which makes me look nothing like L!'

You started to panic. There was nothing you could do to make your breasts smaller, so you just had to go along with it.

"I can't cosplay looking like that! What if everyone laughs or makes fun of me?! What if L saw me like this?! He'd probably avoid contact with me forever!" You say to yourself.

You froze.

"I've let L down. I can't let him see me like this..."

You sighed and headed out your bedroom to the bathroom on your floor to wash your makeup off.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?"

You froze again at the sound of L's voice.

'He saw me!! What do I do now?!'

You couldn't just ignore him and keep walking, so you turned around slowly to let him take a look at you.

L was silent as he took in your presence.

"I'm sorry! I'm gonna go and wash all the makeup off and change into my normal clothes! I'm sorry I scared you! I'm sorry!" You say, panicking.

"(Y/N), calm down. I'm just a little confused", L said.

"Oh yeah, me too. I'm confused as to why I thought this was a good idea", you sigh.

"No, I just..."

"I know you may not want to talk to me because I let you down with this horrible cosplay. I promise I'll never do this again! I'm really sorry!"

You turn to run to your bathroom, but was stopped by L grabbing your arm.

"Listen to me (Y/N)."

You turn to face him, worried at what he would say.

"Why are you so scared?"

"Because my cosplay is so bad! Have you seen other cosplayers?! They are so great at cosplaying and I suck!"

You look down at the ground in shame.

"Your cosplay doesn't suck", L said to you. "I can tell you're a beginner at cosplay. I'm just confused as to why you wanted to cosplay as me."

You look up at him slowly.

"Because I just really like you and I respect you a lot", you say, blushing and looking away.

L smiled at you and patted your head, making you flinch.

"(Y/N), that's fantastic."

"Wh-What?!" You shot your head up to look up at him.

"I'm really grateful that you're taking time out of your schedule to cosplay as me", L said to you.

"B-But-"

"(Y/N), you shouldn't compare yourself to other people like that. It's great that you look up to the cosplayers like that, but it's not so great to see you doubt yourself. Don't worry so much. Your cosplay is brilliant."

"Yeah sure! My breasts sticking out is brilliant! You're a guy! You don't have breasts!" You say.

"Maybe not, but it won't hurt to do a gender bend", L says.

"I just...ruined your look", you look back down at the ground.

"No you didn't", L said, putting a hand on your shoulder. "I can tell you put a lot of effort into your cosplay and I respect that a lot. It doesn't matter if you're not the correct weight, height or if your big chested. All that matters is that you're happy with your cosplay and you just have fun. You shouldn't overlook all these things (Y/N). I'm just really happy that you wanted to cosplay as me. The fact that this is what you wanted to do to show your respect to me makes me very happy."

His words made your cheeks heat up.

"You don't think my cosplay is bad?"

"Not at all. And even if you ever struggle with anything for your cosplay, like trying to get my eyebags right, I can help you with that."

"Really?" Your eyes lit up.

"Of course."

"Thank you so much!"

L gave you a warm hug which you returned, being careful not to get any makeup on his shirt.

"You should have fun with your cosplay and never doubt yourself like that again, okay?"

You nod.

"Okay."

"And (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"I really like you too."

(A/N): yeah, this was based around the fact that I doubted myself quite a bit before I went to my first convention yesterday. I went as L. But when I went there, I had so much fun and managed to grab the courage to ask other cosplayers for photographs and they were all super nice about it!
So yeah, if you ever experience something similar, don't doubt yourself! People are super nice and it's so much fun! I managed to have fun and I didn't feel as nervous or as uncomfortable as I did beforehand. I was a little nervous asking for photographs, but in the end it was worth it!

Anyways, that's it.

Bye!