Chances

There you were again...

Peering around the side of a wall at him. The one you found to be the most precious boy in the whole school. The one who had a very special place in your heart.

"He's so beautiful" you sigh happily to yourself as you continue to watch him.

His long, beautiful blue hair that he has tied up in a ponytail, blew as he flicked it behind.
His deep voice was calming but sexy, the way he dressed so formal for school.
And his cute glasses that he wears for reading.

Everything about him was just so perfect.

You prayed for him to become yours. He was everything you needed.

You tried to find the courage to talk to him. You had written a love letter for him and you were just waiting for the right moment to give it to him and express your feelings towards the guy.

"Hmm, how should I start the conversation?" You ask yourself.
"Um, hi Ryuguzaki. My name is (Y/N) (L/N) from class 2A. We're in the same Art class! You probably don't remember me but...GAH! I can't do this! This is impossible!"

"(Y/N)?"

"YAHHHHHHH!!!!" You scream and almost blow your cover at the sound of your name.

You turn around to see your best friend, L, standing before you.

"L, don't sneak up on me like that!" You say, putting a hand to your heart to calm yourself down. "You almost blew my cover! And you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry. What are you doing standing over here anyway?" L asked, looking confused.

You see, L was different from everyone else. He didn't dress as formal as your crush, or most of the other kids in the school, he didn't maintain the school's reputation and just did what he wanted most of the time, but he was somehow really smart, he was honest, kind and hard-working. He was a really good friend to you.

"Aren't you gonna answer my question? Why are you hiding behind a wall (Y/N)?" L asked.

"I-It's none of your business!" You say, trying to cover your embarrassed face as well as your love letter.

L tilted his head in confusion as to why you were acting strangely in front of him.

His eyes were then drawn to your crush, known as Ryuguzaki, and it suddenly clicked.

"Ohhhh, I get it now" he laughed, making you flinch.

L put his hand on your shoulder and whispered in your ear.

"You like that boy, don't you?"

His question made you leap and squeal.

"N-NO! I DO NOT!"

"(Y/N), we've been best friends for 3 years. I know when you're lying to me. It's obvious. It's written all over your face."

You remain silent as your face goes more red.

"Is that a love letter?" L asks, pointing to the envelope he noticed in your hands.

You nod.

"Ah, now I know what type of boys you're into. You like boys who have long hair, dress formally, have a deep voice, and is popular. You wouldn't mind glasses either. Interesting choice (Y/N)..." L put his thumb to his lip. It seemed to be a habit he did when he's in deep thought.

"W-Well, it's not just about looks L. It's about personality too. Ryuguzaki is a kind hearted boy who puts others first! And he's funny too!"

"Huh..."