From her World (Part 4)

L's Pov

I awoke from the bright sun shining through the small opening in the den.

That's when I knew it was time to get going.

I look over to (Y/N), to see she was still sleeping peacefully.

I smiled at her. She looked adorable.

I didn't want to disturb her sleep, but I knew we had to get going or we'll never get out of here.

I reach over and shake (Y/N) to get her to wake up.

"It's morning (Y/N). We should get going" I say to her.

But (Y/N) refused to wake up.

"Give me 5 more minutes..." she whispered. "I wanna spend more time with Ryuzaki..."

Was she dreaming about me? That was...certainly unexpected.

Out of surprise, my face started to heat up. I look away just in case she woke up and saw me.

"(Y/N), we have to go..." I say, shaking her again.

(Y/N) then shifted a little and slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh good, you're awake now" I state, trying to pull myself together.

"How long have you been awake for?" (Y/N) asked me, putting her hair back into pigtails.

"Not too long so it's fine."

(Y/N) grabbed her hat and threw it on.

"We shouldn't need to get anymore food" she said. "I've still got left over fish from yesterday. It'll still be okay for me to eat it."

"I see...I do as well..."

'She must be trying to avoid any awkward conversations after dreaming about me...' I thought.

(Y/N) threw on her hat and coat. She grabbed her backpack and slipped her shoes on.

"Let's get a move on. We should be reaching the end of the forest a lot sooner than I thought."

"Is that so? That's good."

I eat a few pieces of the left over fish from last night before stuffing the bag in my back pocket.

(Y/N) left the small den and I followed out behind her.

"Sadly, we don't have Samuel to take us any further" (Y/N) began. "But since we're friends now, I'm sure we can find an interesting topic to talk about!"

"Hmm..." I had to think about that. I'm not very good with coming up with topics to talk about.

"If I dare to ask, what kind of people are those Light and Misa guys?"

"They're...manipulative, to say the least."

"Manipulative?"

"Yes. It's like they try to be friends with you, they try to make you believe that everything is fine. But in reality, they don't care about anything but their own personal gain."

(Y/N)'s eyes and mouth widened slightly.

"They sound horrible. No wonder you wanna catch them."

"Yeah..."

"We'll find them, Ryuzaki! Don't worry!" (Y/N) said, patting me on the back.

"That's a good attitude to have" I replied to her.

"I always try to stay on the bright side of things" (Y/N) said.

"Is that so?"

"Yep!"