Doubt

(A/N): Thank you orangeunicorn66 for the suggestion. I've had lots of ideas for this, I've even deleted it and rewrote the whole thing cause I wanted it to go a different way. I hope this is okay!

The murder case was finally over. L started focussing on a new case, the Kira case, Light and Misa were cleared as suspects (for now) and you could finally go back to your ordinary life.

You stood up and stretched your limbs before walking over to the sugar addicted detective and planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Good job Ryuzaki. We did it!" You say to him, hopefully to make him feel a little better since he seemed pretty down. He's been looking very sad for a while now but you tried not to let that get to you. This is L and he's not the happiest person on the planet.

But there was a reason L was feeling so sad. He had doubts. Doubts you didn't know about...

"Thank you (Y/N)", L replied, a faint smile on his lips. "The case couldn't be solved without your help though. You're free to go home now."

"Alright then. But if you need any assistance, just give me a call okay?"

"Sure. Goodnight (Y/N)."

You were about to leave the building when it started raining pretty badly.

And you left your umbrella at home. Shoot!

"Are you gonna be okay walking home (Y/N)? I can get Watari to take you home", L suggested.

"No, that's okay. I'll manage myself!" You say. "Goodnight!"

You then went to run out of the taskforce building and head for home, but you heard a voice calling your name.

"Wait up (Y/N)!"

You turned to see Light running down the stairs with an umbrella.

"Are you leaving too? I've got an umbrella with me so we could walk home together so you don't get soaked", Light suggested.

L tensed up then stood up.

"I'm sure (Y/N) will be fine going home herself. If need be, I'll get Watari to drive her home", he said.

"There's no need to go to the trouble to get Watari to drive me home. It's not that far. I'll be okay walking home with Light", you say.

"I suspect that Light may be connected to Kira, (Y/N). It's dangerous to send you off with him", L said seriously.

"Look, I know what I'm doing. And if anything happens, I'll call you immediately okay?"

"But (Y/N)-"

"Stop worrying about me all the time! You know I hate when you worry about me so much! I said I'll be okay! I'll call you when I get home anyway! Come on Light, let's go!"

With that, you grab Light's wrist and the two of you headed out.

L just stood there in shock at what just happened. He then sat back down at his desk.

"Don't worry about (Y/N)", Misa said walking into the room carrying a tray with cups of coffee on it and placing it on the desk in front of L.

"She's a very smart girl. She knows what she's doing. And besides, my Light isn't Kira or connected to him in the slightest, so there's no need for you to get so worked up about her walking home with my Light! And before you say, (Y/N) and I are very good friends so I trust her to not try anything with my Light. She's with you anyway", Misa continued.

"At least that's what everyone thinks..." L whispered but it was loud enough for Misa to hear.

"What?!"