Sacrifice And Realisation (BO...

By author_rinkachetri

❤SHORTLISTED WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2020❤ Book #1 (AND series) [COMPLETED ✔] ABOUT THE STORY: Sanchi (or Vanya... More

"I am now a WATTPAD CREATOR"
Sacrifice And Realisation (Book #1)
Prologue (One)
Prologue (Two)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 31 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 71 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 72 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 73 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 (Epilogue)
Sequels
Fan Arts

Chapter 57

5.3K 394 101
By author_rinkachetri

Chapter 57

The forensic team arrived at the Trivedi house on the following day as soon as they found out that the suspect wearing the hat was suffering from a very rare hair disease called Monilethrix. It is a genetically occurring disease in which hair follicles are loosely bound to the scalp, causing a very brittle and sparse growth of hair throughout the lifetime.

Four days later, Vihaan visited the Trivedi house again. Speaking to Shaurya, Vihaan asked, "You have opened the outhouse for the families of your employees who were victims to the poisonous gases introduced into the pipelines of your factory. The forensic team had picked up DNA samples from every suspicious substance they could, including your own parents."

"Shit Vihaan!" Shaurya chided him. "Why would they do that? How can my own family be doubted?"

"Don't panic," Vihaan repeated in a concerned voice. "They did what their responsible duty is. They had to collect all data including the ones from the Trivedi house and the outhouse. Nobody is outside the benefit of doubts unless the real culprit is caught."

"Do you think the culprit will still be here even after knowing that the DNA samples were collected and tested?"

"The forensic experts are well trained for such cases. Even your own DNA samples were collected without being known to you." Vihaan's disclosure of the truth forced Shaurya to frown.

With an exaggerated sigh, Shaurya widened his eyes. "Seriously, you people are magnificent in nabbing culprits. But I am not going to plot to kill myself. I don't get why they collected my samples too?"

"If you remember, you had a visit from the pest control service a couple of days ago. They anesthetized everyone with aerosol sprays and you thought they were spraying disinfectants for bugs at home. They did the same at the outhouse and picked hair samples of each individual. It was possible that few persons could be missing from home, hence they also collected hair samples and leftover genes on all the combs they found around the entire place," Vihaan explained, taking a closer look at Shaurya. "You weren't home at that time so they mistakenly collected your sample from the comb you use. They had marked your room on the particular tamper-proof bag containing your sample and they also did the same for other individuals too. I found it out from the blueprint of your house."

"What is the outcome, Vihaan? I'm losing my patience. Did you find out who has been planning behind my back?" Shaurya squirmed in his position, standing next to the door of his room.

"Tell me the name of the person who lives in the third room from the right, on the first floor of your outhouse?" Vihaan asked, glancing down at some official papers in his hands.

"No way can he do that." Shaurya shook his head vigorously. "He has himself been the sufferer of all the wrong doings."

"He has already been arrested by my team. If you move to the living room with me, you'll get to know his real motives behind plotting to kill you." Vihaan pulled Shaurya along with him as they hurriedly paved their way downstairs.

*****

"Sahil!" Shaurya exclaimed in anguish as he held his collar. "I trusted you as one of my closest friends and you were doing this behind my back."

"You were never my friend." Sahil scoffed, slightly pushing Shaurya away. "I was waiting to kill you since so many days but I couldn't."

"Why would you think of that? I haven't done anything wrong to create this sense of revenge in you. In fact, I fetched you and your sister here to save you from the threats." Shaurya shook his head.

"Those were all gimmicks, Shaurya. Nobody wanted to kill us. It was all my plan to get into your house when my hired man failed to kill you at Agra," Sahil said with angst, bulging his eyes enormously. "I even made you believe that the lives of the employees of the old factories are in danger too. You trusted me so much that you agreed to give them rooms in your outhouse. I had always wanted to kill you from behind the shadow of the other employees so that I don't get caught.. But Rohini..."

"Rohini?" Shaurya rotated his eyes around and found Rohini wiping her tears in a corner. "You even fooled your own sister in all these."

Sahil snorted an unapologetic laugh. "I didn't want to fetch Rohini here with me but she is so innocent that she couldn't leave her brother in danger. She came later though. It's only for her that I miserably failed in my mission."

Vihaan folded his arms and squared his shoulders. "It was because of Rohini that Sahil was not able to kill you. She was already having doubts on him and so she was trying to keep an eye on her brother. She ruined many of his attacks on you for the past few days. The day I sent the hat for inspection, Rohini had visited me to the bureau and narrated to me about her fears. While I was talking to her, she revealed that Sahil was suffering from Monilethrix."

Sahil gasped in rage. "I know and that was the reason I was trying to find my hat like hell. It was the only proof that could have brought trouble and it did even after I stole the hat from Shaurya's room."

Vihaan suppressed a laugh. "When I found out it was an insider, it was obvious that the culprit would come searching for his hat. I replaced the same hat in Shaurya's room early the next day after collecting evidences from it. If you hadn't found the hat, you could have fled away."

"Why would you do this to me, Sahil?" Shaurya asked in a low voice. "I always wished that you prosper in your life so I was planning to help you out in taking up a new business."

"Because he considers you to be responsible for the death of our father." Rohini moved forward to stand facing Shaurya. "He thinks you didn't take proper precautions to save the lives of your employees. I tried explaining him many a times that you were yourself trapped in all these, someone who jammed the pipelines in your factory was already planning to ruin you. Instead, Sahil joined his hands with your other enemy."

"Who's my other enemy?"

Vihaan stepped forward to remind Shaurya. "Someone who wanted to ruin you by ruining your business at Agra, someone who wanted to see me captivated for killing my own brother and someone who had attacked us at Omkareshwar."

"So much plotting and planning against all of us!" Shaurya rubbed his forehead. "Why did they do it? I mean who did it?"

"Do you remember a goon named Shakti, the one from whom Mr. Hemant had bought a land in Ujjain and later it was transferred in Sanchi's name?"

"I do remember, Vihaan. But he is behind the bars, right?"

"He is still behind the bars." Vihaan shook his head. "But some of his minions are yet out in the open who used to visit him regularly in the jail, donning a disguise of his family members. After your father signed the orphanage in Sanchi's name, Shakti couldn't tolerate it and sent his men to your office at Indore where they met Sahil, who was looking after your office works as an assistant. Shakti's men regretted of how your father took away their property from them and Sahil found an another way to ruin you instead of killing you easily."

"And so?"

Vihaan held Sahil by the collar. "Since the day your factory at Agra got destroyed, Sahil knew that you were working on the new factory in Delhi. When he visited Delhi, he came across the ones who wanted to ruin your family business since ages. They are the ones who are responsible for ruining your Agra business too."

Shaurya was taken aback. "Why? I mean how?"

Sahil spoke this time when Vihaan smacked his head, "I was caught red handed by someone for trying to tamper with the inline gas chambers in the underground. Later, I was paid by the same person to do what I was told. I disclosed about Shakti who was working with me and we all joined our hands together to destroy Shaurya, Vihaan and his wife Sanchi."

Rohini nodded. "I overheard my brother speaking to someone over phone but nothing was clearer to me. When the threats came to our house the following day, we thought it was true. Shaurya came over and Sahil left from Delhi for Indore soon after. I was thinking to move to Indore too but couldn't leave my mother alone. One fine day when Shaurya came again, I was discussing on the threats with him and my mother overheard it. She suffered from a cerebral attack and we admitted her. It was then when I came here and my brother's suspicious activities started bothering me."

"Between the two sketches that you had provided to us but you couldn't recognise them, the bearded man was Sahil. When we went to Omkareshwar for the weekend, you had shared about your trip with Sahil and he had informed his mates," Vihaan narrated turning to Shaurya, exhaling warm air when he remembered the painful incident at Omkareshwar.

"Who paid you, Sahil?" Shaurya winced scornfully. "Who is the third person that wants to see me ruined?"

"I will tell you, Shaurya." Vihaan held his shoulders. "As you heard, Sahil has always been your enemy who wanted to kill you. When he failed, he joined hands with Shakti. Now this Shakti was mine and Sanchi's enemy and hence, he ordered his minions to hatch a plan against us only to be ruined by Sanchi each time. Then came the third involved enemy or you may call the first."

"First?"

"Yes first because it was the very beginner who had poisoned the pipelines in the factory at Agra."

With Vihaan's confirmation, Shaurya placed his palm against his forehead. "Who is it?"

"Sahil wouldn't disclose the name of your third enemy at all because money speaks volumes." Vihaan nodded, pulling Sahil behind him. "But I think I have already figured out a little of the answer to your question. I just need a little time to work on the rest of it."

*****

The next week passed by with Vihaan taking care of the legal formalities to shift Sahil's case to the court and permanently putting a restriction on the visitors visiting Shakti in the jail. Working with one of the complicated cases during the tenure of his police service wasn't easy but he was determined to solve it at any cost.

His life without Sanchi was like a fish out of water, longing to run into her arms as if nothing had ever happened. When he returned home from the bureau that evening, he found Virendra sitting on the couch in the hallway.

"How was your day, Vihaan? I heard that Shaurya's friend was among the culprits," Virendra spoke in his usual stern voice, causing Vihaan to pause in his place.

Vihaan looked down at his father. "Yes dad, he was but Sahil isn't the only one."

"Sorry if I have missed out on the case because I was out of Indore for an another case. Do narrate me all of it," Virendra said before attentively listening to Vihaan's story. "Vihaan, I also opine the same. You are thinking on the same lines but you need a specific reason to fetch evidences against the third culprits."

"I know and I'm still not being able to find a way out." Vihaan shook his head in confusion. "We don't have proper evidences against them because they did everything by keeping Shakti's men and Sahil in the forefront. I need to collect strong proofs to arrest them."

"I know why it's getting difficult for you, son." Virendra walked over to Vihaan and caressed his shoulders. "Do the needful now and get back to Sanchi. Your life without her has turned awful and we can't see you like this. Though I felt bad when I realised that you broke your promise to me, but I now want you to bring her back."

"No dad!" Vihaan freed himself from his father's grip. "Don't repeat the same thing that I broke the promise I gave you. If you remember what I had exactly promised, I had said that I would never hurt you by hurting her. Since the day one, I had only tried to keep her happy, did things that could give her happiness and took great care of her. Meanwhile, I fell in love but I didn't break the promise. If she left the house to her own willingness, I have nothing to be done. If she is hurt without me knowing it, that doesn't mean I've hurt her."

"I have always considered you to be my prodigal and arrogant son." Virendra pulled Vihaan into a warm hug. "But today is the day when I will proudly accept that you are the best son God can ever gift anyone."

"Indeed he is the best son, dad," Dheeraj exclaimed as he entered the hallway with Arjun beside him. "He is also the best brother I have shared a womb with."

"Praising me all of a sudden!" Vihaan shrugged his shoulders. "Is there anything special, brother?"

"Indeed there is." Dheeraj wrapped his arm around Arjun's shoulders. "My best friend is getting married to the love of his life."

"Arjun was in love with someone!" Vihaan's mouth gaped wide as he spoke in a low voice.

"He is in love with Nidhi, Sanchi's elder sister. They are getting married in a private ceremony at Gwalior which I strongly despise." Dheeraj smacked Arjun's shoulders.

"Dheeraj!" Arjun widened his eyes, moving away in annoyance. "I told you I am getting married against the knowledge of my family because I don't stay with them anymore. I don't have any relatives staying with me to perform every ritual of a proper marriage on my behalf."

"Am I not your family?" Dheeraj asked in anticipation. "I know you want me to join the private ceremony but I can also perform the rituals like a brother."

Arjun spoke silently, "If you are willing to, I don't mind. It's just that you have to be careful of Nidhi's parents."

"You seem to be upset of something." Dheeraj held Arjun by his wrist. "Aren't you happy with the marriage?"

"I am marrying Nidhi because I love her. I'm totally happy with it." Arjun shook his head. "It's just that I am worried of something. Can I speak to Vihaan Sir alone?"

As Virendra and Dheeraj exited from the room, Vihaan thought for a while before muttering, "What is it Arjun?"

"I met Sanchi the previous week when I was at Gwalior to talk to Nidhi's parents."

"And so?"

"Sanchi is not happy at all, Vihaan Sir," Arjun said in a sad voice. "It seems as if she is forcing herself to stay in the Patel house because she has nowhere to go."

"What made you think so? She herself took the decision to go there. She herself left us without talking to me even for once." Vihaan's eyes blinked from a lone tear.

"You might not believe me but Nidhi keeps telling me everything which goes around in that house. Sanchi's parents misbehave with her and physically handle her since the day she returned home. I have also heard that they have been doing this since Sanchi was a teenager, most probably after Vidya left for abroad."

"Nidhi told you so? The rude girl with attitude!" Vihaan exclaimed unbelievably.

"I told you that you might not believe me and since you are a cop, you need evidences. Let me tell you Sir, Sanchi is still surviving in the house because of Nidhi's aggressiveness before her parents. She hates people manhandling anyone."

"Are you telling me that a strong girl like Sanchi is allowing physical assaults on her own self? No one has ever seen her courage more than I." Vihaan sat down on the couch. "Your story is like a fairytale which has no truth in it."

"I am sorry Sir but I am a cop too. You know I wouldn't lie." Arjun rubbed his palms together. "I have also seen how deleterious her parents are. Trust me once, please. If this story really turns out to be untrue, I'll be the happiest friend and well-wisher of Sanchi."

Vihaan pursed his lips in silence for a couple of minutes before uttering, "What do you think I should do now? As much as I want to protect Sanchi from everything that is evil, I don't have the audacity to face her again. I don't want to fall weak before her. It was her choice that she left. I don't want to face her indirect rejection for a second time."

"I apologize if I go wrong this time, Sir." Arjun took his seat beside Vihaan on the couch. "You also have the same insecurity running in your head similar to Sanchi. She was equally scared of getting rejected by you and hence she only claimed you to be her special friend."

"How would you know that?" Vihaan frowned, fixating his intense glare on Arjun.

Arjun straightened his back against the headrest of the couch before narrating, "Sanchi and I used to be great friends until she chose to remain aloof since the day she left Indore. Once when you were out of station, I happened to casually discuss on matters of love with her. She had accidentally blurted out that she was scared of her friendship with you turning to love, without you reciprocating it. You hated women and the idea of falling in love back then."

Arjun's words affected Vihaan to a greater extent. Running his fingers through his hair, Vihaan mumbled, "We were still friends when she left."

Arjun stood on the floor. "I know and that's what I want to tell you. Your friendship with her was more important than one-sided love. She is still unaware of your love and hiding feelings from her has nothing to gain. What if your acceptance of love before her might erase her fears forever?"

"When is your marriage taking place?" Vihaan finally asked, facing him.

"On the fifteenth of February."

"I will also be joining you along with my brother." Vihaan's major confirmation brought a great relief to Arjun's perturbed mind. He thanked Vihaan again before his departure from the Bundela mansion.

*****

Vihaan stood by the window sill of his room, staring at the dark and foggy night outside. His noble love for Sanchi had left him devastated and torn like a rag a few weeks ago, only to be compelled by circumstances to face her again.

Taking out his cellphone, he dialled Shaurya's number. "We are going to Gwalior during mid-February to attend Arjun's marriage with Nidhi. I know your family will be invited but you are not going to attend it."

"Vay's family has been our close relatives. How can we deny?"

"It's just that you won't attend it. Your parents and Vidya can."

"Why Vihaan? I could be of great help to you in extracting truths out of Vay's brain."

Vihaan sighed before talking into the speaker. "I will be able to manage everything alone. You should worry for your own life and save yourself by not attending the function there."

"I didn't get you," Shaurya said in confusion.

"I am not going to Gwalior only to confront Sanchi but also with a second motive." Vihaan took a deep breath. "I told you that I had figured out something with your case and the third culprit."

"I remember."

"Your life is still at risk because the third culprit is yet out in the open. I needed a reason to get to Gwalior without they doubting it. Arjun's marriage is a great excuse for me to reach to the real culprit. The answers to all your earlier questions itself lie in the Patel house!"

To be continued...

A/N: One more update to go before a blockbuster and Sanvi's romance ❤ !

***Please vote, comment and share***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 7.5K 49
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
688K 33.3K 77
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
184K 13K 45
Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had quite different personalities and outlo...
291K 9.2K 36
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...