The girl with the bad reputat...

By DeniceWarburg

While we sat at our table eating lunch. A few of the queen bee's minions crossed by, sending death glares tow... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 A
Chapter 29 B
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Sequel
Author note - How the characters looks like.

Chapter 23

18 1 0
By DeniceWarburg

Heathers pov.

We drove for about ten minutes when Kaden said that we only got five minutes left. As we got down a road he told me to make a left turn, I did as he told me to and drove for only what felt like a few seconds before he faked a navigation voice and said "your destination is on the right side of the road." I began laughing quite hard, because I found it funny. I looked out of Kaden's window and my laughter quieted down. I must have looked dumb. But his house was giant compared to mine. Before I even realized Kaden getting out of the car, he stood holding the door open for me. As we walked up to his front porch, I was speechless. I was about to knock when an accomplishment hit me, that it was his house - my cheeks become red in no time, he chuckled at my action and opened the door into his massive beautiful house. When we got inside, Kaden yelled he was home like it was completely normal which it probably was. As the matter of seconds five boys and one girl came down the stairs which I assume is his brother's and a sister. But I completely froze when I saw the fifth brother.

Nathan Lockwood?

Kaden glanced towards me and confusion filled his already nervous gaze. I understood he was nervous for many people, this might be a lot to take in. When my breath shortened he followed my gaze towards Nathan Lockwood. The infamous nerd at LCA.

The one nerd that Aubrey and I had made a bet about. What a coincidence. Apparently, my luck is out to get me. How could I ever fulfill a bet that included Kaden's brother? It would hurt both our pride and a large amount of trust that had been exchanged throughout the few weeks we have known each other. His gaze soon held recognition. He knew. The guys had talked about the bet a lot at our table. My concerns showed on my face and the fear he had heard them talk about a bet who involved his brother- Even I would be absolutely pissed.

I looked at him and gave him a shy smile.

"Heather, meet my brothers and sister" A smile spread on each of their faces and they lined up from youngest to oldest. Kaden went over to the smallest of them all. The little boy ran into his arms in a warm embrace. He hugged him and after a few long seconds, he stopped the hug and started to introduce him.

"Firstly, we have William, he is six years old" as soon as Kaden said it.

William rushed towards me and his tiny arms were around my waist. I chuckled and looked down at him. He looked at me with huge puppy eyes. His eyes asked if I somehow could resemble Kaden's girlfriend. A feeling of happiness rushed to my head and my cheeks blushed a little over the thought. I smiled and shook my head a little. His eyes that before held hope now held sadness which made me crouch down next to him and whisper in his ear "Not yet anyways" his eyes lit up and he giggled all the way back to Kaden who looked at me with appreciation. I wondered why. I did nothing, but save the little guy some hurt.

"After William we have Alec. Alec is fourteen years old. A bit to the wild side of the family" Kaden winked towards him and he laughed. That angelic sound both Kaden and him shared. Alec resembled Kaden a lot. They had the same intense piercing stare and he was built like an exact copy of him. He showed nothing other than the blank look like Kaden. Kaden gave him an elbow in the side and a smile showed. He apologized and said hello before he excused himself and went back to his room. While William stood and waited till I was introduced to everyone. So he could steal me.

"That was Alec. He's a tough shell to crack. But he is truly a great person. But after Alec, we have Alex short for Alexandra, she is sixteen and she's the family sunshine. Sure knows to make her trouble and blame the boys" Kaden chuckled by the last part receiving an eye-roll from his little sister. Alexandra looked right at me and a huge smile found her face. The sunshine of the family. I understood that. Her whole aura shined with happiness and she walked towards me while her posture held confidence and leadership. She took me in for a hug and my face showed surprise from the bluntness and the others laughed- She's probably like this with everyone.

She broke the hug and looked me in the eyes as she said;

"So you're the girl, my brother won't stop talking about." My face suddenly seemed a lot warmer and the room seemed smaller. Something about her words made butterflies escape into my belly. Kaden choked at her words and looked at her with a gaze that said "you're done". The others stood talking agreeing with Alexandra.

"Well after Alex we have Nathan. But I suppose you two might already know each other. He's seventeen." he interrupted Alex before she could finish. Nathan's gaze fell towards his shoes here and there before he met my glances. He stood there in a tight black t-shirt. It was hugging his muscles and I was wordless. I had none. I was used to seeing him in sweatshirts or button-ups. While he looked so confident here. He stood completely relaxed, not minding anything. Kaden seemed bothered by this tension that happened with Nathans's introduction. He started introducing his fourth brother.

"After Nathan we have Mateo. He just turned twenty-one last week actually. So now he buys the rest of us booze, but doesn't tell our parents that." Kaden laughed and my gaze fell on Mateo. He had the look of a good-looking young adult. I guess this family only has good genes. Mateo eyed me carefully up and down and his eyes showed potential lust. He looked like the rest of the boys. He had a strong body structure and muscles that were shown through the thin material of his shirt. He looked at me with a confident smile as walked towards me with a confident posture. I could hear Alexandra in the background; "This is going to be fun". I didn't understand what she meant the moment she said it. But I learned it a few seconds after.

He met my gaze while he towered over me and a slight cherishing smirk held his lips. He gently got hold of my hand and kissed it. Which sends all kinds of mixed sensations in my body. My hand still tingles from the place his lips just were. "Welcome Beautiful. I'm sure Kaden won't mind a bit of competition. Because he's going to fight for you" He winked at Kaden who stood looking sour and annoyed. I laughed with Alexandra for a bit before he introduced me to his last sibling. The oldest of them all.

"Last but not least, we have Andrew. Andrew is twenty-four. He is the family's child. You wouldn't be able to call him mature when you first got to know him." Andrew looked at Kaden, offended , to which Kaden just shrugged off. Andrew was incredibly handsome no doubt. He had a model-like face and was blessed with a well-trained body. Maybe not blessed, but you get the point. Andrew walked towards me and pushed Mateo aside who looked at him insulted. His childish manners showed when he made fun of Mateos's face before introducing himself. He shook my hand politely and said a humorous comment.

I smiled at all of them. They seemed friendly and sweet. They all seemed spectacularly close. Like they wouldn't let anyone into their friendship. You know those friend groups you can't break or join. To which you understand at the end after all of your endless attempts to achieve the impossible that everyone else already tried. You just have to give a humble smile hiding the defeated feeling.

William grabbed my hand with big eyes and rushed me to his room. I could hear the sound of a female voice asking if she heard right, that I had arrived.

William shushed at me and I chuckled. I followed his tiny body into his room. It was huge and well blue. It was filled with all kinds of colors, but the blue filled out the walls along with a lot of paintings. There were a lot of paintings in this house. On the way down to Williams's room, I spotted five different expression full paintings. William saw my curiosity and said with his adorable voice that it was Kaden that had painted them for him. Something inside me turned. I loved how he cared for his family the way he seems to do.

We ended up sitting on his floor where he showed me all of his toys from a dinosaur to a racing car, specifically a Lamborghini that was very important to mention. Because it was his favorite car. Why it was his favorite, was because it was red. He had also heard it was incredibly fast and therefore it matched him, he said.

"Vroom vroooooom" William sat while playing with his toy. I asked him if I could take the other car, which was a Peugeot 208. He giggled and said okay. He followed his okay that if we raced his car would win because it was simply the fastest.

I chuckled and said, "is that a competition I hear, William?" His eyes lit up and he nodded his head with big movements up and down.

I crunched down next to him with my hand on my car and he copied my position. One, two, three go! As we were in motion moving the cars Kaden opened the door. Which probably must have looked hilarious. An eighteen-year-old crawling after a car. His face lit with a smile that reached his eyes. His mother stood behind him which choked me and William reached our goal first.

"Heafer I won!" I chuckled at his pronunciation of my name. "That you did, champ." I ruffled his hair and told him that I'll play with him again some other time. I got up and when I was about to reach out to shake her hand, she took me in for a hug like Alexandra. Her embrace felt warm and welcoming. She looked me in my eyes with a warm loving gaze. I wondered what I had done to receive such a glaze. When she walked past Kaden she patted him on the back while saying something I only heard half of.

"You found a-"

I hoped it wasn't anything back following those words, but the way Kaden's face lit up I doubted it. Kaden told me that lunch would be ready in about thirty minutes.

----

(Edited 09-03-22)

Thank you for reading, make sure to comment, vote and share. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.4K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...
109K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
638K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
2.9M 78.7K 38
(Book 1) "What exactly did you do to get kicked out of your last school?" I felt my chest tighten when the vicious smirk played across Noah's lips...