Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 14

5.1K 136 32
By faithhood11

Chapter 14

Grace's POV

I didn't know what Harry and I were but I knew that I wasn't going to do the whole secretive thing. I was going to tell Liam that Harry and I kissed and he would either be mad and not talk to me, or he would be understanding. Knowing Liam, he would be mad at first but he wouldn't yell or fight with me. He was always calm and I didn't feel too nervous about talking to him. It had been three days since Harry had asked me to stop seeing Liam. I was completely shocked but I didn't respond so he just kind of let it go. I knew that seeing Harry was inevitable and I was going to do it either way but it wasn't fair to not let Liam know this. But I honestly I had the most incredible time at that concert with him.

At school, things were a little off with Harry and I. We didn't speak to each other much. I had been hanging out with Sammy and Liam for years so it didn't make since to all of the sudden drop them to hang out with Harry. Harry and I weren't even together. He'd made that very clear.

"So do you want to go do something after school? You don't have to work, do you?" Liam asked me.

"No I off today but...I was going to go by the restaurant to make sure everything runs smoothly because my parents trip got extended a couple of days. I promised them I would make sure everything ran smoothly."

"Oh...well I could go with you then."

I bit my lip, knowing that Harry would be working. I wasn't so sure that was a good idea but I wasn't just going to tell Liam no either.

"Yeah...that will be fine."

"I would come too but it's Mary's birthday and I told my mom I would help her bake a cake."

"That's okay Sammy but we're going shopping this weekend."

"Excellent!" she said, looking up from her fashion magazine.

I smiled and stood up, tossing by Styrofoam tray in a nearby trashcan.

"I have to go to the library to return and book. See you guys later."

"Bye Gracie." Liam said and I glared at him at the use of that horrible nickname.

He smiled and leaned over to kiss my cheek before I left. I looked across the cafeteria to make sure that Harry hadn't seen. Luckily, he hadn't and was laughing at something Calum said. I smiled, admiring his features before making my way to the library. As I walked down the hall, I screeched when someone pulled on my arm, tugging me into a dark closet. I turned around to find Harry, a wide grin across his plump lips.

"I should've known."

He chuckled, pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"I just missed these lips." He said in a low voice, his thumb tracing the outline of my bottom lip.

I had chills all over, the small bumps beginning to form on my arms.

"You have a thing for closets."

"Only when I'm making out with you in one."

"How romantic."

"Hey you know I charm those tight jeans right off."

I gasped and he chuckled, his head dipping down to kiss my neck.

"Someday...You can't see the marks I left on you anymore. Maybe I should give you another one."

"Harry, you are so weird." I whined.

Someday. Did Harry really mean that? I couldn't help but wonder if Harry and I would ever share an intimate moment with each other. My cheeks heated at the thought.

"You're thinking about it right now, aren't you?" Harry asked, squeezing my backside.

I shifted, slapping his hand away.

"No. That is not what I was thinking." I lied.

"Okay babe."

Wait, did Harry just call me babe? I smiled, his words sending chills up and down my spine.

God, he was so handsome. He wore tight black jeans, boots, and a dark purple button up shirt. I was becoming so fond of his earthy scent and if I could I would wear it as perfume.

"Harry is your shampoo pine tree scented?"

"That is such a normal question." He teased .

"And how the fuck do I know?" he added.

I knew that Harry was probably the type to randomly grab a bottle of shampoo and throw it in the buggy, never bothering to pay attention to it. Meanwhile I would be standing in the isle for fifteen minutes reading over all of the ingredients and looking the brand up on my IPhone. We were so different. I smiled to myself and Harry poked me in the ribs.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'll tell you later. I have to return a book to the library before the bell rin..."

The bell sounding overhead caused me to trail off.

"Looks like you're just a little late love." He told me, kissing my forehead.

I smiled, loving his words and the way he kissed me on the forehead again.

"Are you going to be at the restaurant after school?" he asked me.

I nodded and he grinned. The restaurant had been the place where we finally got alone time. Not today.

"I am but Liam is coming."

Harry looked at me, his glare intense.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I'm serious."

"Well I might just have to give you another hickey before he shows up."

I rolled my eyes and Harry kissed me once more before opening the door. He popped his head out to make sure that nobody could see us and then pulled me out into the hall with him.

Harry's POV

I'd been feeling like shit lately for not telling my mother about me drinking. She deserves to know that I fucked up and Gem will be here soon. I couldn't have picked a worse to time to totally screw up. I was thankful that Grace found me because I knew that If she hadn't I would've probably ended up fucking some random chick. I'm pretty sure I was too drunk to do that but still.

I knew that Grace was still seeing Liam and that totally pissed me off but I knew that there wasn't much I could do about it. I drove to Dakota Grill as soon as I got out of school. I talked to Austin for about half an hour before he had to go work his shift at GameStop. What a totally boring fucking job. I liked video games but not enough to sell them to annoying ass pre-teens. I kept looking at my clock, knowing that Grace was just now getting out of school. We had early dismissal on opposite days. The restaurant was pretty much dead apart from a couple of people considering this was that weird time of day between lunch and dinner. I smiled when Grace walked into the kitchen but my smile faded, seeing Liam trailing behind her. He was so her type, clean cut and all. That pissed me off even more about him.

"Harry." he said dully, nodding his head once in acknowledgement.

"Liam." I replied equally as depressing.

Honestly, I didn't hate the guy but I really hated that he was trying to win over Grace. No not win her over but...be with her. I knew that things would get complicated between Grace and I eventually. She would expect things I just couldn't give her...like a relationship. At the same time, I didn't want her to be with anyone else. Hell, this was confusing.

"Thanks for coming Grace...even though you were off."

She gave me a look but I ignored it.

"It's no problem. I promised my parents I would..."

"Yeah I know but I just wanted to thank you. I know you said you wanted to be with me so...I'm just glad you're here."

Liam looked up from his newspaper, narrowing his eyes. What kind of eighteen year old reads a fucking newspaper anyway? He handed Grace a section of it and she smiled knowingly.

"This one's hard today Li. I can't finish it." She said.

I could now see that it was the crossword puzzle. She'd filled out about half of it so far. I felt jealous that she had a nickname for him but they had probably been friends for years. They had history and I was the one out of the loop. When Liam's phone rang, he immediately pulled it out of his pocket.

"Hey Grace, your mom just text me. She said...answer your phone."

"Oh shoot. I was supposed to call her after school. I'll be right back. Thanks Liam." She said, pulling her phone out of her back pocket and disappearing outside.

There was literally nobody in the restaurant now. Of course Liam had her mom's number. What a prick.

"Your whole preppy boy thing is her type you know."

He shook his head, his eyes meeting mine.

"Don't talk to me. I know what you're trying to do but it's obviously not working." He snapped.

I rolled my eyes, throwing a hand towel over my shoulder.

"I'm not fucking doing anything and I can assure you it's working."

"What the hell do you want with her anyway? There are plenty of girls at our school. Find another one who's not mine. Who do you really think she will pick? I've known her for years."

"Well maybe she doesn't want to date her brother."

"Whatever. She wouldn't be going on dates with me if she didn't like me."

"Oh yeah? Well she wouldn't let me make out with her in a fucking janitors closet every day if she didn't like me." I said, raising my voice.

Liam's lips parted and I looked over to find Grace standing just a few feet away. Shit. I didn't even hear the door ring when she came back in. I must've been too mad. Liam looked over to Grace.

"Is that true?"

Grace nodded, looking ashamed. My chest ached at the fact that she regretted being with me. She looked utterly heartbroken, running up to Liam.

"Liam, I'm so sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you."

"Hurt me? You betrayed me. I thought we had something and you've been messing around with him the entire time? That concert was a waste."

"No! It wasn't! That was the best time I've ever had in my life."

Ouch. I wanted her best time to be with me but I knew that the only time we'd hung out was when she was taking care of my drunk ass. She had to help me walk for god's sake.

"Liam I'm so sorry."

He grabbed his jacket, shrugging it on.

"Don't go. Liam, I'm..."

"Just give me some time."

When he was gone, I turned toward Grace.

"Well that was interesting."

"Interesting? You just ruined everything! Liam is my best friend and you just ruined our relationship. How could you do that? I was going to tell him that I kissed you but you had to do it just to boost your stupid ego!" she yelled at me.

I'd never seen her so mad. It came naturally for me to become angry too.

"My ego? What difference does it make if he was going to find out eventually?"

"I could've softened the blow. I could've told him without you!"

"You are such a hypocrite Grace. Such a damn hypocrite! You are convinced that I'm playing a game when you're the one who is fucking leading on two guys at the same time."

Her cheeks reddened. She was so angry now. I could tell. She took and deep breath and closed her eyes briefly before opening them again.

"You know what Harry? It's not me. Do you want to be with me because if so...I'm yours."

"What?" I asked, taken back.

What the fuck did she just say?

"I'm yours Harry. If you want me, I'm all yours but you can't be in a relationship with me. You've already told me that and it hurts because I can't be your friends with benefits. It's just not enough for me Harry."

"I can't...I can't."

"Well then I'm going to choose him and whatever this is between us will be over."

She didn't understand what these words were doing to me, how much weight they held for me. I was literally terrified of her threat.

"Grace, don't do this to me."

"Then make a decision. I mean it. This isn't me. I'm never going to turn my back on Liam and you should know that."

"I do. I just...can't give you..."

"Harry you can be in a relationship with me. You just won't. You act like I'm too good for you but that's not true."

"It is."

She raised her hands in defeat and I watched her run out the back door, obviously going after Liam.

"Shit." I muttered to myself.

That hostess girl looked over at me but I rolled my eyes, walking out the front door to get some air and have a smoke. I took a few drags before putting the smoke out. Why am I such a screw up? If I have something good in my life, leave it to me to screw it up.

I sighed, going back into the restaurant. If I didn't have to work, I would...would I? Would I go after her? Probably not. I don't get why I don't fight for her. Having a girl like her be mine would be the best thing that's ever happened to me. I cared about her too dang much to let her be with a guy like me. I wasn't so sure I was getting better. I needed Dr. Rollins but I was too stubborn to call her. I could handle this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 271 20
The sequel to the Privacy of Skorpios. With Jackie expecting a baby, things get exciting in the White House.
625K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
92.6K 3.5K 48
_ 'Insomnia is technically a sleep disorder. I consider it torture of your own brain's design. The self-sabotage of your control system screwing you...
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc