breathe// 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

SEQUEL TO FOREVER Getting better wasn't immediate, and that was frustrating. It created tension between fam... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
Epilogue

73

858 37 8
By 5sosxruel

1 month later
Ashton

"You have to be calm, okay? Moving house is a really stressful thing, moving families even more. I know you are excited to see your room, and to see Marcus, but let him breathe as well,"

Ava and I sat in the Hood's living room, having come over to try and distract her. Viola had gone to collect Marcus for us, and we had officially moved everything in. Ava had stayed over here for a couple of nights because Viola, the boys and I were busy putting the last decorations up.

Now, we had fully stocked food cupboards, freshly made beds in rooms with pictures, shelves, rugs and bookshelves. The attic was cleaned and separated, our things stored one side and a fluffy rug, blankets and a couple of beanbags the other side. There was a box for her books, and also her drawing.

The basement was painted dark blue, now with a sofa bed and a new TV. There was an Xbox, a couple of games, aswell as lots of blankets and even some snacks. Lastly, the conservatory had two desks in, with all the stationary in the world. There were folders and organisers for their school books, and I had made little reminders about spelling, punctuation, and maths formula for Ava, stuck on the wall.

Viola and I had made our bedroom simplistic but cosy, while the kids still had a more lively room, and the bathrooms were all equipped.

All the house was missing was the people, really.

"Dad, Marcus doesn't know Calum,"

"When we first met, you were really nervous," he said to her, "I need to let him build a relationship at his pace,"

"He could come to the office with me,"she smiled.

"He could, but you can stay home if Marcus is with you, plus the boys are coming over soon,"

"It took two more weeks to move him in though,"

"It did, and it is stressful because school starts soon, but mum has been feeling unwell and I have been busy with work,"

"Do you know what is wrong?" Mali asked.

"No, she just feels bleh I guess,"

She hummed and looked over to Joy, who had a knowing look on her face, quickly taken off when I looked.

"Joy, please can we ice the cakes now?"

"Come on then," she smiled. The pair had baked to keep Ava occupied, and I was immensely grateful for Joy.

As soon as they left, Mali and I turned to Cal, fully expectant to hear something about Sophie. He had kept us on our toes, that was for sure.

"What?"

"Are you a couple? Have you kissed? So adorable," I teased, squishing his cheeks.

"We aren't a couple, but we are exclusive,"

"My baby brother found love,"

"Shut up," he groaned, "Ash was my first love,"

"Awh," I gushed, "you better not forget me,"

"That's offensive that you would consider that,"

"Well I don't know Cal, love makes you crazy,"

"Dad! Look at my cakes,"

I stretched and stood up, heading to the kitchen where Ava stood with pink glittery cakes.

"They look great. Is your bag packed?"

"Are we leaving now?"

"In a minute, yeah, I think we could perhaps make a welcome sign for Marcus,"

"I will box up a cake for each of you," Joy smiled, "your bag is by the door,"

"Thankyou,"

"Has she really been okay?" I asked once she had gone, helping to put the cakes in the box.

"A little excited at time, but yeah. School is a worry too, she has spoken about that,"

"Yeah, Viola is taking her out this week ao hopefully she will feel more excited than scared. At the end of the day, there will be tears,"

She pulled me into a hug, gently placing a kiss on my cheek.

"She is always welcome here, just as you were and are,"

"You heading off?" Cal asked, patting my back, "I will come over in a couple of days,"

"Goodbye," Ava said, running back through with her bag. Calum squished her in a hug, then Mali and Joy did too; they gave the best hugs.

We got in the car and she pout her headphones in, giving me a small smile. Nothing could dampen her mood really, especially because she was now talking to Lucy again, and had seen her friends more.

"So, Ava, I will get the paper out, you can run up to see your room,"

"Is it done?"

"It's all finished, you need to thank mum a lot,"

"Are they almost back?"

"They are about half an hour away," I said, parking the car, "welcome home,"

She giggled excitedly and got out the car, waiting by the door for me to open it.

"Shoes off when we go into this house, please,"

"Why?"

"They go in the shoe rack because we have nice carpet,"

"Oh, okay,"

She took them off and put them on the rack, then I did, smiling to myself as she ran upstairs. In my opinion, her room was eloquent and mature, something she would really love. It was a place she could hang out in comfortably, but it wasn't quite adult level yet- whatever that was.

I found a large sheet of paper that we had bought a ton of incase either of them had any projects, as well as coloured pens.

When she cane back downstairs, she went straight in for a hug.

"Thankyou so much,"

"You like it?"

"Yeah, I love it. I really love it,"

"If you make this poster, I can show you the other bits as well,"

I kissed her cheek, sitting down with her at the new table. It had a white and floral cloth to protect it, matching our white walls. It was all coordinated.

"Shall I just write welcome?"

"Welcome home Marcus,"

"What colour?"

"You choose, maybe multi coloured?"

I kept my hand on her back, gently rubbing circles on it as she drew the large letters. Every so often, she looked up for reassurance and I nodded, making sure she spelt correctly-which she did.

"Dad, Sam texted me about school and asked if I wanted a ride because Harry was going with Jordan,"

"If you want to do that then you can, but I can take you still sweetheart,"

"Can you take me on the first day?"

"Tell Sam thankyou, and that you might once you have settled. Offer to meet him before school though,"

"I want to sit with him in class,"

"You have to sit with whoever the teacher sits you with, but if there is a problem you can talk to them outside of lesson,"

"I am done,"

"Shall I show you round? Go to the conservatory first,"

"My night light isn't in my room, by the way,"

"I'll find it," I said, opening the door,
"This is where you and Marcus can do your school work,"

"But mum was going supply shopping with me,"

"All of this stationary should stay on the desk, you can still get school things,"

"Okay. I love it,"

"It will be nice a quiet, and I put these little reminders up for you,"

"Marcus doesn't have any?"

"Well I don't know what he struggles with yet,"

"Our garden is huge- is that a hot tub?"

"It might be,"

"They're really cool,"

"Well we can go in it another day, come upstairs,"

She followed me to a doorway upstairs, with a small staircase behind it. We went up and into the attic, where our Christmas decorations and childhood things were stored. However, Ava's little space was done too.

"Wow,"

"It will get cold in winter, which is why there are lots of blankets,"

"I like the rug, and the beanbags,"

"I put some of your favourite books up here,"

"I get the window," she beamed, looking out, "I don't get a lamp?"

"I don't want you up here when it gets dark because knowing you, you'd fall asleep and that isn't good for your body ay?"

"When do I next see Luke?"

"Soon, we might get less medication,"

"How long until school?"

"Still a week, plenty of time for clothes shopping. Mum will come and get you after her work day,"

"Tomorrow?"

"I believe so. You'll have pretty earrings this time tomorrow,"

"Will it hurt?"

"It's really quick. It might be sore for a little bit, but shouldn't hurt the next day,"

"Am I having it with a needle?"

"Yeah, Lauren had it that way and she had no problems. I have already booked it for you,"

She nodded and slid over to the stairs, leading the way back down them to the hallway.

"And, we changed the basement that Marcus has for his private space, but we can look when he gets home,"

"I think he is," she said, watching Viola's car pull up, "I need my sign,"

"He will have a suitcase, so be careful. You can't run for a hug,"

Proudly, she held the sign up, rocking back and forth as we waited for them to come in. As soon as the door opened, she took a deep breath, Viola and Marcus entering.

"Hey you," I said quietly, kissing Viola, "all good?"

"Great,"

We looked at the pair hugging, Ava dropping her sign to wrap her arms around his neck.

"Go and see your room!"

"Ava, sweetheart, he just got here," Viola said, "let him said hello to dad,"

As she let go, he hugged me, resting his head on my chest. I rubbed his back, knowing how long he had waited to come.

"Sorry for the delay, I really am," 

"I'm going to lay down," Viola hummed, taking a deep breath as she started to walk again.

"Ava, can you make her a tea while I get Marcus' things upstairs,"

"Yeah. Is she okay?"

"She will be, I might get her to take Wednesday off because Luke is able to come and watch,"

"Good,"

I took the suitcase and Marcus followed me, gasping as we entered his room.

"Wow,"

"You like it?"

"Wow. I've never had this before,"

It was grey as he asked, and had football posters up. There weren't photos up yet, or memories from school, but they could come overtime.

"Ava really wants to see you, so can I help put your clothes away when she has settled down?"

"I can do it myself,"

"Thankyou. If you want to check out the basement, you can. Ava wants to look too,"

"Okay,"

"Also, Marcus, I know school and growing up in general can be exhausting. If you need that time alone and Ava is glued to you, just text me or something and I will distract her. She won't mean to do it, but most likely will,"

"Yeah, like I don't want to upset her, but I think I need some time alone every so often,"

"Whatever the case, this is your home, so you need to feel comfortable,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.6K 25
❞I refuse to let you hurt our daughter anymore than you already have.❞ ❞She's my daughter, too.❞ ❞Then treat her like she is.❞ Luke Hemmings lives a...
31.7K 1.5K 59
(comes after ceaseless) A lot of times life doesn't end up the way people picture it. Ashton had always accepted he wouldn't have kids. He had Gabi...
123K 2.7K 39
SEQUEL TO SAFE Bella has never felt so safe in her life. The boys were helping her recover, and by adopting her, she felt like she had somewhere she...
145K 4.8K 37
The girl who seemed unbreakable, broke. The girl who always laughed, cried. The girl that never stopped trying, finally gave up. She dropped her fake...