𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥...

By theshimmery_star

Childhood best friends but got separated. They meet after 12 years. They fell in love. They were about to... More

Character sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 29

3.1K 303 42
By theshimmery_star

Hello, everyone, I hope you all are not ready to kill me as I disappear just like that. I was not feeling like continuing this book any longer. I was not planning to update. But I got so many messages that I could not ignore them. So, here I am with a new chapter. I hope you will at least vote of not commenting.

👇🏻

At Malhotra Residence
Nandini was coming out of her room when her phone rang. She picked up the call without seeing the caller id.

"Hello. . . . ."

But there was no response from other side. No voice came.

Nandini's heart started beating fast. Tears welled up in her eyes. She closed her lips with her hands to stop herself from sobbing loudly. There was no sound from other side.

"Manik!!!"

That's the only thing she managed to whisper.

The call got cut from other side immediately.

It was Manik only who had called Nandini to hear her for once. He was not able to control himself more. Manik started crying like a baby after he hung up the call. He didn't say anything. He couldn't. He has lost the right to say anything to her.

He is her culprit. . . . . .

Manik was lost in his thoughts when a nurse from behind and called Manik as Soha has gained her consciousness back. Manik wiped his tears and went in.

He stood beside Soha's bed.

Soha was looking at him trying to make a cute face which was making Manik more irritated. "Manik, please take me home. I don't want to stay here."

"Hmm. We will go." Manik's reply was curt. He was in no mood to talk to her but he feared she might hurt herself again that's why he had to bear her.

Soha held Manik's hands in between hers and battled her eyelashes. "Please, Manik. Please."

"You can't walk now, Soha. You are still not okay." Manik freed his hands from her grip and tried to move away.

"I can't walk. Fine. Pick me up in your arms." She went back to her stubborn mode and Manik hated it already.

"I'm coming. Then I will take you home."

Manik got up and was about to go out. It enraged her that's when Soha started throwing everything which were kept beside her on the table. She was behaving like psycho.

"Soha, what are you doing?" Manik tried to hold her.

"Don't come near me. I am telling you." She shouted on top of her voice.

Manik raised his hands as if saying her that he was not holding her. He took a long breath and tried to make her understand calmly. But from inside he was fuming. "Okay. Let me fix the seductive. See you need them."

"So what? You don't care for me."

"I'm sorry. Please." He controlled himself with a great difficulty.

"Okay." Soha smiled.

Manik was fixing her seductive when Soha wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You know how much I missed you?"

Manik tried to come out of her hold. He was feeling uncomfortable.

"Hmm."

"Now pick me. Let's go home." She forwarded her hands for Manik to pick her.

That time Anurag and Prerna came in.

"Daddy, see Manik is not listening to me. You make him understand."

"Baby, you are not fine. We can't take you home now." Prerna tried to make her understand. She was completely blinded by her daughter's love.

"I said I want to go home. I don't want to hear anything. It's final." Soha was too stubborn to hear anything.

Soha kept her head on Manik's chest. Manik was trying to hold his tears back. This is Nandini's place. But he is helpless.

"Manik. . . . ."

Manik didn't say anything. He just picked her up and started walking. He didn't want to hear anymore crap. He just wanted the day to end as soon as possible.

"Uncle, talk to doctor. I am taking her to your place."

Manik reached their place with Soha. He made her lie down on bed. He was about to go away when Soha held his hand, "Where are you going?"

"My room."

"Be here only. I want to spend time with you. You have come to me after so long."

"I am tired, Soha. I need rest."

"Okay."

Manik was going when Soha again called him from back. He was getting frustrated but he can't show them.

"What?"

"I'm hungry."

Manik went to kitchen and brought some food for Soha and gave them to her. She tried to eat by herself. But due to her bandage she was unable to eat. She pushed the plate toward Manik.

Manik was seeing her. Having no option left Manik fed her.

Manik came back to his room. He was missing Nandini. He was wondering what she must be doing right now. He went towards the window and stated at the sky.

There was so many things for him to say. . . . .

But no one to hear. . .

Except the silence of night and the sky!!!

In India
Nandini was in her room trying to study. Due to Mukti's wedding and all the drama of her life, she didn't get time to study from a long time. Her exam is also nearby. Now only it is her priority.

Nothing else. . . . .

Suddenly Nandini heard the sound of thunderstorms. It was so loud. She got scared. She went near the window to close it. She looked at the sky, it was covered with clouds fully. There was no stars. It felt like it was going to rain heavily.

She kept standing beside window. It also started raining. But her mind was somewhere else. Rain drops were falling in her face but she didn't pay any heed to them. She closed her eyes. Laughter of two children were coming in front of her eyes. She could clearly see their love.

"If you will get wet like this, then you will catch cold." The boy said trying to take the girl with him.

"No. You have no idea how fun it is. Come and join me." The girl giggled.

"Okay. Then I am going to join you too." The boy smiled and went near her.

The boy also came out and stood beside her. The girl threw the waters towards him which she had gathered in her small palms. The boy started running behind her to hold her. The girl was also running. They were giggling. Suddenly the girl fell down. The boy cane and started checking her.

"Nandu, you won't learn how to walk properly ever, will you?" Manik nodded in disbelief.

"Ummm.... It's paining." Nandini winced in pain.

"Show me. Is it paining a lot? Let's go inside now. If you will get wet more, then you are gonna have cold and fever." Manik tried to take a stubborn Nandini with him but she was not ready to do so.

Nandini didn't move from her place. "You go. I want to get wet more."

"Okay."

Manik left from there. Nandini started crying sitting there. After some time she noticed that someone was looking at her from behind the tree. It was Manik. Seeing him, she got her smile back. Manik came near her and that time only she heard the thunderstorms. Nandini hugged Manik tightly.

Nandini heard the sound of loud thunder. Unknowingly Manik escaped from her mouth. She opened her eyes.

There was no one. . . . .

She was alone. . . . .

Alya who had come to see Nandini came near her.

"Nandu, are you okay? What happened? Why are you sweating so much?" Alya wrapped her hands around Nandini's shoulders.

Nandini kept her hand in her heart. It was beating so fast. It was like her heart will come out of from her chest any moment.

(Other side Manik also felt that someone was calling him. He was feeling more restless. His heart was beating in an unusual pace.)

"When you know you are so scared of it, then why are you even standing here? Go and sleep. No need to study anymore today. It's enough." Alya closed Nandini's books and asked her to get up.

Nandini didn't argue. She went and lied down on the bed quietly. While thinking about Manik, she fell asleep immediately.

Alya knew it very well that Nandini was thinking about Manik. She just sighed. She couldn't say her anything. She herself was not at correct state of mind. How will she console Nandini? She closed the window and went to sleep.

In London
While thinking about Nandini, Manik also fell asleep.

Next morning, he woke up and went to veranda, he saw everything wet.

"It was raining. I wish I had slept a little late, then I could have enjoyed the rain. I know you have done this only. That's why I was missing her so much. I love you. I love you so much, Nandini. If it's possible, then forgive me." - Manik thought in mind.

Suddenly he felt someone hugging him from back. Manik turned back. It was none other than Soha.

Manik removed her hand from his body. Every time she touches her, he felt disgusted. "What are you doing here?"

"Manik, let's get married."

Manik just stared at her.

Shock would be an underestimate for him!!!

Precap: Manik's answer.

Done for now. Liked it? Don't kill me for this.

Manan's meeting is nearing. Excited?

Let me know and don't forget to vote.

But the way guys did you guys see my new book 'Promises to Forever' yet? If you have not, then go and have a look at it. I am sure you are gonna love it. It's on my profile.

Also don't forget to follow me on insta theshimmery_star as I might just shift my books there soon.

Bye.

21.08.2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 5.8K 21
I will post one shot on Manan and Pani here. Add this book to your library for some amazing one shots on your favourite couple. Cover credit- star_o...
417K 18.3K 41
In this story there is misunderstanding between manik and nandini... that's why there are not together.... nandini left Mumbai... so how will they me...
29.8K 3K 17
Falling in love is one of the most beautiful feelings in this world. Other hand opposite side of love is the most hurtful feeling in this world. Two...
221K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...