Truth, Lies, and Silver Eyes...

By XSummerRoseX

[Completed] Following the events of graduation and the disbanding of team STRQ, Summer and the rest of the fo... More

Chapter 1: Summer
Chapter 2: Taiyang
Chapter 3: Raven
Chapter 4: Qrow
Chapter 5: Summer
Chapter 6: Taiyang
Chapter 7: Raven
Chapter 8: Qrow
Chapter 9: Summer
Chapter 10: Taiyang
Chapter 11: Raven
Chapter 12: Qrow
Chapter 13: Summer
Chapter 14: Taiyang
Chapter 15: Raven
Chapter 16: Qrow
Chapter 17: Summer
Chapter 18: Taiyang
Chapter 19: Raven
Chapter 20: Qrow
Chapter 21: Summer
Chapter 22: Taiyang
Chapter 23: Raven
Chapter 24: Qrow
Chapter 25: Summer
Chapter 26: Taiyang
Chapter 27: Raven
Chapter 28: Qrow
Chapter 29: Summer
Chapter 30: Taiyang
Chapter 31: Raven
Chapter 32: Qrow
Chapter 33: Summer
Chapter 34: Taiyang
Chapter 35: Raven
Chapter 36: Qrow
Chapter 37: Summer
Chapter 38: Taiyang
Chapter 39: Raven
Chapter 40: Qrow
Chapter 41: Summer
Chapter 42: Taiyang
Chapter 43: Raven
Chapter 44: Qrow
Chapter 45: Summer
Chapter 46: Taiyang
Chapter 47: Raven
Chapter 48: Qrow
Chapter 49: Summer
Chapter 50: Taiyang
Chapter 51: Raven
Chapter 52: Qrow
Chapter 53: Summer
Chapter 54: Taiyang
Chapter 55: Raven
Chapter 56: Qrow
Chapter 57: Summer
Chapter 58: Taiyang
Chapter 59: Raven
Chapter 60: Qrow
Chapter 61: Summer
Chapter 62: Taiyang
Chapter 63: Raven
Chapter 64: Qrow
Chapter 65: Summer
Chapter 66: Taiyang
Chapter 68: Qrow
Chapter 69: Summer
Chapter 70: Taiyang
Chapter 71: Raven
Chapter 72: Qrow
Chapter 73: Summer
Chapter 74: Taiyang
Chapter 75: Raven
Chapter 76: Qrow
Chapter 77: Summer (Epilogue)

Chapter 67: Raven

137 10 1
By XSummerRoseX

The entire city was in chaos. There were still some Grimm roaming the streets. I took my katana and sliced through one of them.

"Ugh... these Grimm just keep coming and coming. I need to find Summer," I said to myself.

"Raven!"

I turned around to see Summer running towards me.
"Summer! I'm relieved to see that you're unharmed. I'm guessing Zinnia is...?"

She nodded slowly and wiped away a few tears.
"Yeah. I tried my best, but I just couldn't save her..."

I wrapped my arms around her.
"It's okay. Wait... if Zinnia is dead, then what happened to the maiden powers?"

Summer lifted her hand. A small flame danced on her palm.

"No way," I said.

Summer nodded. "It's true. I'm the Summer Maiden now."

It made sense. Summer was probably the last thing Zinnia was thinking about.

"Well, this took an interesting turn," I said. "I think we should keep your new powers a secret. At least for now."

Summer nodded. "Okay."

"Now, I could use an extra pair of hands to help me with these Grimm," I said.

Summer nodded and together, we took care of most of the Grimm.
"Excellent work," I told her.

She smiled. "Thanks. You did pretty good too."

"We'll leave the rest of the Grimm to the other huntsmen. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty tired."

Summer nodded. "Yeah. I'm pretty tired too. I'll go back with you."

We walked back to the hotel quietly. As soon as we walked through the door to our room, Summer collapsed onto her bed.

"Man, what a day," she said.

I sat my katana near the door and laid down on my own bed.
"You could say that again. I wasn't expecting that many Grimm."

"Me either. I guess Salem must be more powerful than we thought," Summer said.

I sighed. I dreaded bringing this up, but Summer had the right to know.

"Raven? Are you okay? You've gotten pretty quiet," Summer said, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Actually... there's something I need to talk to you about. It's about Salem."

Summer joined me on my bed.
"What about her?" she asked.

I was silent for a few minutes before I finally answered.
"Salem is... immortal. She can't die."

Summer's eyes widened.
"What?!" she yelled.

"Shh! Keep your voice down," I snapped.

"Wait," she said, "how do you know this? Did Ozpin tell you?"

I put my hand on my hip.
"Ozpin? Please. Do you really think he'd let such a big secret slip? I heard Tyrian talking about it when I was spying on Salem once. I know Tyrian isn't the most sane person around, but I don't think he was lying. And if it really is true... then Salem just got way more threatening."

Summer put her head in her hands.
"Why wouldn't Ozpin tell us she's immortal? I don't understand," she said.

"I don't either. For now, we have other things to worry about. Like your new maiden powers. Do you know how to use them?"

Summer shrugged. "I can summon fire with my hand. But that's pretty much it."

I sighed. "Looks like I have to be your teacher. No worries. Since you tend to pick up on things quickly, this shouldn't be a problem for you. And besides, I've trained you before."

Summer grinned. "Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to it! When do we start?"

"How about tomorrow? I'm tired from fighting Grimm all day," I said, laying down on my bed.

"Sounds good to me. I'll see you in the morning, Raven."

"Goodnight, Summer," I said, closing my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 459 26
You are Y/N Nikos, a student at Beacon Academy. Y/N is the leader of Team NAAD (Nightshade), which one of the best teams alongside Team STRQ. So natu...
2.5K 164 20
As Summer embraces her new identity as Cinder Fall, she must gather recruits to aid her cause. Finding these individuals would prove to be rather eas...
37.9K 1.1K 51
[Completed] Summer Rose has decided to attend Beacon Academy in the kingdom of Vale in hopes of becoming a huntress. She soon meets her teammates: Ta...
83.9K 822 15
"Final Part of Breaking the Shell" After meeting your father, you and your friends set out to Vacuo to see your native home and family. However, lik...