Truth, Lies, and Silver Eyes...

By XSummerRoseX

[Completed] Following the events of graduation and the disbanding of team STRQ, Summer and the rest of the fo... More

Chapter 1: Summer
Chapter 2: Taiyang
Chapter 3: Raven
Chapter 4: Qrow
Chapter 5: Summer
Chapter 6: Taiyang
Chapter 7: Raven
Chapter 8: Qrow
Chapter 9: Summer
Chapter 10: Taiyang
Chapter 11: Raven
Chapter 12: Qrow
Chapter 13: Summer
Chapter 14: Taiyang
Chapter 15: Raven
Chapter 16: Qrow
Chapter 17: Summer
Chapter 18: Taiyang
Chapter 19: Raven
Chapter 20: Qrow
Chapter 21: Summer
Chapter 22: Taiyang
Chapter 23: Raven
Chapter 24: Qrow
Chapter 25: Summer
Chapter 26: Taiyang
Chapter 27: Raven
Chapter 28: Qrow
Chapter 29: Summer
Chapter 30: Taiyang
Chapter 31: Raven
Chapter 32: Qrow
Chapter 33: Summer
Chapter 34: Taiyang
Chapter 35: Raven
Chapter 36: Qrow
Chapter 37: Summer
Chapter 38: Taiyang
Chapter 39: Raven
Chapter 40: Qrow
Chapter 41: Summer
Chapter 42: Taiyang
Chapter 43: Raven
Chapter 44: Qrow
Chapter 45: Summer
Chapter 46: Taiyang
Chapter 47: Raven
Chapter 48: Qrow
Chapter 49: Summer
Chapter 50: Taiyang
Chapter 51: Raven
Chapter 52: Qrow
Chapter 53: Summer
Chapter 54: Taiyang
Chapter 55: Raven
Chapter 56: Qrow
Chapter 57: Summer
Chapter 58: Taiyang
Chapter 59: Raven
Chapter 60: Qrow
Chapter 61: Summer
Chapter 62: Taiyang
Chapter 63: Raven
Chapter 64: Qrow
Chapter 65: Summer
Chapter 67: Raven
Chapter 68: Qrow
Chapter 69: Summer
Chapter 70: Taiyang
Chapter 71: Raven
Chapter 72: Qrow
Chapter 73: Summer
Chapter 74: Taiyang
Chapter 75: Raven
Chapter 76: Qrow
Chapter 77: Summer (Epilogue)

Chapter 66: Taiyang

137 10 4
By XSummerRoseX

I was silent as I followed Qrow into the school. It was late at night, so the student had all gone to their dorms by now.

We walked inside the elevator and Qrow pressed through button for Ozpin's office.

"What do you think that was?" I asked.

Qrow shook his head. "I have no idea. It looked almost human. But fused with a Grimm. Whatever it was, it seemed like it was being controlled. Hopefully Oz can answer our questions."

I nodded. "Yeah, me too."

I followed Qrow to Ozpin's door and Qrow knocked a few times.

"Hey, Oz? It's Qrow," he said. "Can we talk for a few minutes?"

I heard Ozpin's voice from the other side of the door.
"Of course," he said, "please come in."

Qrow opened the door and I followed him inside. Ozpin stood from his desk, smiling at us.

"Good evening, gentlemen. How did the mission go?"

Qrow stared at him, but didn't smile back.
"It didn't go as to plan, and Tai got a little hurt. But he should be okay. Actually, we had some questions for you."

"Is that so?" Ozpin asked. "What questions do you have for me?"

This time I stepped forward to speak.
"The Grimm we fought. It didn't look right," I said. "It looked almost like a human, but Grimm-like. We were wondering what type of Grimm it was."

Ozpin's simile faded instantly. He didn't speak for what seemed like a very long time.
"I feared this day would come," he whispered.

Qrow and I looked at each other.

"What do you mean, sir?" I asked.

Ozpin ran his hand through his greying hair.
"The day I would tell you about the most forbidden type of magic. Blood Magic."

"What's Blood Magic exactly? Did it have to do with that human-like Grimm we fought?" Qrow asked.

Ozpin nodded. "Yes. Salem can use Blood Magic to... fuse humans with Grimm. I believe that's what you witnessed on your mission. Blood Magic is incredibly powerful, but it can also be very dangerous. That's why it was outlawed a long time ago."

"Wait wait. Salem can actually fuse humans and Grimm together? That's madness!" I said.

Ozpin sighed. "I'm just relieved to see you both in one piece. The Grimm Salem can summon with Blood Magic are more powerful than regular Grimm. So please do be careful."

Qrow nodded. "We will, sir. Is there any other Grimm we need to take care of?"

"No. The surrounding areas are clear the last time I checked. You two are free to go."

Qrow and I said nothing as we walked inside the elevator. Once we were outside I turned to Qrow.

"Blood Magic... what do you make of it?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "To be honest, I'm not too sure. All we know is that Salem uses it. And she can fuse humans with Grimm. We should watch our backs."

I nodded. "Agreed. Let me know when you're going on a mission again. Despite getting hurt, I actually liked fighting together. It reminds me of our STRQ days, you know?"

Qrow smiled and laughed. "Yeah. It kinda does. I'll let you know when I'm setting out again."

"Good deal. I'll see you soon," I told him.

He nodded. "Likewise, friend."

He then turned into his corvid form and flew off into the distance. I was silent as I watched him go. I made my way back to the daycare to pick up both Yang and Ruby. After I got home, I fixed Yang some dinner and a bottle to feed Ruby. After rocking Ruby to sleep, I placed her gently into the bassinet.

"Daddy! I'm finished!" I heard Yang yell from the kitchen.

"Coming sweetheart," I said, getting to my feet.

"Was it good?" I asked her, when I walked inside the kitchen.

She had ketchup all over her face from the hot dog she ate.
"Yeah!" she said.

I couldn't help but smile as I wiped away the mess from her face.
"Okay. Time to get ready for bed," I told her.

She pouted. "I don't wanna go to bed! I wanna play!"

"Yang," I told her, "it's too late to play now. We can play tomorrow."

"No!" she shouted.

Her shouting woke up Ruby, and I heard her begin to cry from the other room.

"You just woke up your sister," I snapped at her. "You go to bed this instant, young lady! Or you'll be in trouble!"

Yang pouted. "No!"

I scooped her up in my arms and she began wriggling around to get free. But I held on tight.

"No! I don't wanna go to bed!" she wailed.

I sighed. Tonight was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 182 10
[DISCONTINUED] Attention: This story was originally called "A Devil's Trigger". I just renamed the story to fit the theme a little better. Beacon ha...
35.4K 459 26
You are Y/N Nikos, a student at Beacon Academy. Y/N is the leader of Team NAAD (Nightshade), which one of the best teams alongside Team STRQ. So natu...
14.3K 207 28
RWBY and all associated characters are owned by Rooster Teeth. The fate that befell Summer Rose is unknown, and left to one's imagination. But what i...
2.7K 44 18
My first story, updates will be inconsistent with school but I will make quality content as often as possible. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth, I only...