Tell Me You Need Me [bxb]

By HeartlessVibes

It's senior year. Darren and Eric are happier than they've ever been. No more drama or secrets threatening t... More

TMYNM •/ Role Call
C1: Tell Me Summer's Over.
C2: Tell Me My Past Has Returned.
C3: Tell Me, What Letter?
C4: Tell Me You Knew All Along.
C5: Tell Me He Cared.
C6: Tell Me This Isn't Right.
C7: Tell Me Mother Knows Best.
C8: Tell Me I Cheated?
C9: Tell Me You're Kidding.
C11: Tell Me L.J Knows.
C12: Tell Me Everything's Gone to Hell.
C13: Tell Me The Trust Is Broken.
C14: Tell Me We're Friends?
C15: Tell Me Decisions Are Hard.
C16: Tell Me Buttdialing Isn't Real.
C17: Tell Me We're Going To Get The Guy.
C18: Tell Me There's Been No Progress.
C19: Tell Me Avery Has A Situation.
C20: Tell Me What Does Fighting Solve?
C21: Tell Me Shawn Spilt The Beans.
C22: Tell Me He's Not Ready.
C23: Tell Me I've Done It Again.
C24: Tell Me I'm Hearing This Right.
C25: Tell Me I Want A Break.
C26: Tell Me She Did It.
C27: Tell Me Plans Never Work Out.
C28: Tell Me You Make Me Better.
C29: Tell Me Everyone Has A Limit.
C30: Tell Me Acceptance is Scary.
C31: Tell Me It's Set In Stone.
C32: Tell Me About Room 319.
C33: Tell Me I Know Who I Want.
C34: Tell Me I Need You Guys.
C35: Tell Me We Made It. (END)

C10: Tell Me I'm Trapped.

1.1K 51 11
By HeartlessVibes

+•+•+

I spent the next few days keeping my eye on Shawn. I never knew when he'd pop up and try something and besides I was ready for him. He's been cashing in a good punch in the face from me since last year and I guess he's finally ready to check out.

L.J's been ignoring me and so was Logan. Avery's been distant but at least she still sat with me at lunch which came with much backlash from L.J. I guess she forgot that Avery was my best friend before they even said one word to each other.

"Can you just tell me why?" Avery asked pushing her dried out school lunch broccoli around on her plate with a fork. "I don't want to invade your privacy or anything but Darren you've got to tell somebody and I'm here so,"

Taking a sip of my lemonade I blinked at her. I desperately wanted to tell her, tell anyone, but I didn't want them judging me. Also, Avery would kill me if she found out Jared and I had a thing.

"You can't keep up this charade forever D," Avery shrugged keeping eye contact so I could feel her words. She wasn't as intense as L.J but she could always get her point across without fail.

"I don't even believe you cheated," She added. "I don't tag you for a cheater,"

"Sorry for disappointing you," I rolled my eyes out of habit.

Taking a sip of her lemonade Avery let the silence linger a bit longer before giving me a piece of her mind. "Listen, don't be an ass to me considering I'm the only one still talking to you. The only person you can be mad at is yourself for keeping everything bottled up. I'm sitting here offering to listen to your side and you're acting like I shouldn't even be trying,"

Sighing lowly I shot her my best puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry Avery, it's not that I don't want to tell you it's just like you said you're the only one talking to me and I don't want that to change,"

"Huh?" She questioned raising an eyebrow. "How would that change?"

Quickly realizing I've said too much I began to panic not knowing how to get myself out of this mess.

"I- uhh, I meant that maybe if um...," I trailed trying to think of a lie but nothing was forming in this dumb brain of mine. "I actually have to go I promised some kid in my class that I'd help them with some work,"

I quickly gathered my belongings almost flinging my tray across the lunchroom in the process. All Avery could do was look at me in awe because I didn't exactly give her time to answer or in fact comprehend what was going on.

Dumping my tray in the nearest trash bin I dodged out of the lunchroom. Sonic had nothing on me, maybe I should do track again.

Actually no, because Shawn's still on the track team and after all that's going on he's still the last person I want to see.

I didn't have anywhere to go. It was still lunch and I didn't have class until another 30 minutes but I couldn't keep my big mouth shut long enough to stay with Avery. She's a sneaky one too would've somehow tricked me into admitting everything.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Speak of the devil and he may show. It was Shawn telling me to meet him in the gym. I prepared myself for the worst because lord knows what his evil mind could think of to get back at me. Probably wants me to clean the gym room floor with my tongue.

I shivered at the thought that I'd actually be willing to do it to save my ass. I'm truly a sad sack of crap at this point.

I texted him a simple 'okay'. Taking my slow time to get there I took the long way before meeting my inevitable doom.

Peeking through the small square windows of the gym before going in I couldn't see anything. Even with my face pressed on the glass.

Taking a deep breath in and out I walked into the gym and honestly it was one of the worst surprises I could ever get at this point in time. W

Shawn quickly locked eyes with me and mouthed to me to smile. This was it this was his blackmail and I had to go along with it.

Putting on a smile I walked over to him and accepted the hug he was ever so gratefully handing out.

"Get this," Shawn said to a couple of his friends before leaving me for a second to grab the poster board that was in the corner of the room.

His friends all pulled out their phones and began recording. I could feel my stomach drop ten feet under. I forgot about this stupid dance I had so much on my plate this was the last thing on my mind.

"Darren," Shawn came back with a smile on his face. The tragic thing about it is that it looked genuine. My eyes were glued to the poster that read "I'm no Sam or Dean but it would be supernatural if you went to homecoming with me".

I knew I couldn't reject him or he'd blow my secret especially when we're being recorded.

"Will you go to homecoming with me?" He asked and a few of his friends hooted and hollered.

I didn't let my smile fade as I walked up to him. Hopefully, I didn't look as fake as I felt.

"Yes!" I agreed taking the poster and looking it over. Of course, he put actual effort into this. The picture of Sam and Dean, the colorful reds and blues. Sigh.

The hoots got louder once I agreed and Shawn put on the show of his life. Someone give this man an Oscar. The way he jumped up and down to seal the deal was just ridiculous.

He hugged me again but this time he didn't just pull away. He kissed me. Our lips connected for only a second but he left his hands lingering around my waist for what felt like forever. Crap, crap, crap. This video can't get out, I felt so trapped.

I still laughed and playfully tapped his chest until everyone finally put their damn phones away.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I said pulling him away from the crowd.

As soon as we were far enough away I let him have it.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I asked shoving the poster back into his arms. "I can't go homecoming with you I'm already in a load of shit. Everyone already thinks I cheated on Eric with you how would it look if we showed up to homecoming together?"

Shawn shrugged. He carefully rolled up the poster like it was more important than me right now. "You sort of don't have a choice,"

I paced a little before responding, I had to calm myself. "And that kiss? What the hell was that?"

"I'm not the bad guy Darren," Shawn spoke. "I never was, or meant to be,"

"What?!" I exclaimed amazed at his stupidity. "Shawn just please don't do this, blackmail me another way,"

"This isn't blackmailing...," He trailed knowing that it was. "I want to go to homecoming with you,"

Closing my eyes briefly I knew there was no getting past this. I was stuck.

"You're not picking me up, no flowers, no anything sentimental," I warned him pointing a finger in his direction.

"Fine," He said. "But at homecoming, you can't act like you don't want to be there with me. I want dances and pictures and I want you to have a good time,"

"I can't promise you the last one," I admitted as he handed me back the poster and I took it. Only because his friends were watching again.

"After this, it's over, I won't hold the whole Jared thing over you," He said softly kicking the ground with his left foot. "I promise,

"Yo Shawn one more pic!" Someone yelled. "I swear this is going to go viral bro!"

Pulling me to his side he held me tight and I couldn't fight it. The way I wanted this guy 500 feet away from me at all times was an understatement, but I smiled anyway.

My heart was breaking at the thought of Eric watching that video and seeing these pictures. Seeing his boyfriend with the guy who tried ruining him. I keep trying to dig myself out of this hole but somehow my fucking shovel is broken.

"See you Friday," Shawn said before walking back to his friends.

I left the gym as fast as I could and bolted into the nearest bathroom. Taking the poster I ripped it apart. Letting all my frustrations out as I angrily threw the pieces into the garbage can.

I didn't even notice when the first tear slipped out but as I threw away the last piece I was crying. It felt good to cry too. I needed this.

My life was a mess and I can't fix it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 51 10
Gavin Adams was back home with his boyfriend of almost one year, Faiyaz, and they were more in love then ever...atleast that's what Faiyaz thought. I...
217K 4.3K 12
"We've been best friends for fourteen years. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I can see it... in your eyes. Your smile never reaches your eyes...
138K 8.6K 35
Jesse's entire life is a charade. Everything he does, he does to hide the truth. His girlfriend? Fake. His hair colour? Fake. His love for soccer? Fa...
433K 20.9K 29
BOYS' LOVE- second book to Strangely Comforting Jasper and Xander have finally made their relationship official. ...Only to each other. Jasper's best...