Dear Future Husband...

By zippideedooda

Snapshots of Love More

Looking
Afraid to Love
Growth Takes Time
Gifts and Kisses
Something New
Worthy
Trust Takes Time
Stress
Identity
History
A Moment in Time
Small Dreams
Pleasantly Existing
I Fell in Love
Kissing Timeline
School's Out
Shared Love
A Bleeding Prayer
Loneliness
Quote of the Day
Follow the Light
The Someone I Needed
In This Moment
Changing
I Asked a Guy on a Date
No Words
Blood Sunrise
Little Happy Colors
Night Thoughts

Sleep Heals Wounds I Refuse to Lose

3 2 0
By zippideedooda

Dear Future Husband...
I hate falling asleep.  People think I'm crazy.  You're tired, and you can sleep.  Why do you purposefully try not to for as long as possible?  Especially since the longer you lay there awake, the more emotional you get and eventually you start crying.  But for me, sleep is like a gag.  Every time I go to sleep, my body patched up the pain I felt the day before, and the next day, I start right back where I was the day before.  And every day, people tell me, "you'll be fine, just go to sleep and it will be better the next day."  I hate that, because it's true.  No one takes responsibility for my pain, because if I simply erase small parts of my life each night, I'm not quite bad enough for them to feel responsible to help.  I hate living that way.  So I stay up at night to feel the pain.  And at night I cry out to the darkness, because at night I'm not ok.  And I pray and beg myself to believe that I deserve help.  Maybe tomorrow, will I find someone who sees the pain that gets buried each night when I close my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 714 14
Virat: mahi... Please Mahi: cheeku
9.6K 448 75
She is an outcast. She finds it easier to express what she feels in the form of writing. Whether it is poems, letters or long texts. These are poems...
10K 232 39
Just a few bits and pieces of poetry I've written over the years. |On-going|