Remus Oneshots

By Pengi11

Because everyone needs a little Remus in their life. - These characters don't belong to me, they belong to T... More

[1] Intrulogical
[2] Analoceitmus AU
[3] Dukexiety
[4] Demus
[5] Intruloceit
[6] Remus
[7] Platonic Dukexiety (pt 2 to [6])
[8] Intrulogical
750 Follower Comp?
[9] Intruality Au
[10] Intrulogical
[11] Intruloceit
[12] Dukexiety Au
[14] Intruality
[15] Creativitwins (Platonic)
[16] Demus
[17] Please Don't Shut Me Out - Creativitwins
[18] It's Hard To Fight When The Fight Ain't Fair (Remus Angst)
[19] Demon - Intrulogical
[20] Mental Wellbeing Au - Analoceitmus

[13] Creativitwins (Platonic)

1.7K 97 17
By Pengi11

This draft has been ongoing for a few months now. I couldn't for the life of me think of what to do for Creativitwins. So have this thing that was going to be a college submission. In the end it turned into an Instagram thing and now you guys get it too.

Enjoy ^_^

T.W. Brief mentions of an argument.

Roman had never particularly envied Remus, of course he'd never had reason to. They were different, and Roman relished in that. He didn't need to know what his brother was up to or how he lived his life, they had their own lives, and that was that.

Sure, they saw one another at home and talked to one another, but it wasn't enough to be invested in each other's lives. Roman had theatre and friends to worry about, whereas Remus had a friend and track to focus on. They didn't have time to worry about the other and how opposite they really were.

Roman sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Remus and their parents were arguing again and he was sick of the noise. He had a huge test coming up and he couldn't afford to fail. If he failed, he'd end up being kicked out of the production. He'd already shut his door and put on music, but they were too loud for him to focus.

He flinched as one of the doors slammed shut, barely registering as his own door swung open. He turned around in his chair, watching his brother pace back and forth.

"I hate them! Why do they compare me to you? It's so annoying! I do sports, I get decent grades, I do what they ask, but I'm still not enough!" Remus stopped and looked at Roman, "switch with me! I'll be you for a day, and you'll be me!"

Roman froze, barely processing what Remus was saying. Switch places? It wouldn't work. They were opposites! Someone would figure it out and they'd end up in trouble. Their parents would blame Remus and it would make it all worse.

"Please, Roman? They're annoying. I do everything they ask and want, but they still hate me."

"They don't hate you, they're just not used to us being opposites. We used to be so alike. Plus, you and I don't look anything alike. We'd be found out within seconds." Roman looked at Remus, trying to figure out what he could do or say to convince Remus it wouldn't work.

"That's why we work together and help one another change.We can make it work. I want them to love me like they love you. I don't understand why they love you so much more. Please, switch with me."

Roman looked at his homework and sighed. He really didn't want to. If they found out it wasn't him on the day of the test, he'd fail and lose his spot in the school play. He didn't want that. It couldn't happen.

"One day," Remus tried, hoping it would convince Roman enough.

"Fine. One day. But it's got to wait until the day after tomorrow. I have a test."

Remus grinned and hugged Roman tightly. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Roman pushed him away and smiled. He wouldn't ever say it, but seeing his brother happy, made him feel all kinds of happiness.

A few days later, Roman and Remus got up a few hours earlier, ready to become one another for a day. They'd quickly dressed in one another's clothing, and were doing what little makeup to shape their jawlines that was needed.

Roman stood back and admired his work, smiling to himself. His brother looked good, if he did say so himself.

As they looked at themselves in the mirror, it truly was shocking to realise how much they looked like their twin.

"Okay, remember, I have lots of friends and I always interact with them all at lunch. That'll be the hardest point of today. They will notice if you say the wrong thing or act even slightly wrong. It's usually only as a group they will realise. Individually, they're pretty easy to deal with," Roman reminded Remus.

"Right, and Alex will notice if you act out of the ordinary, so don't say anything I wouldn't."
Roman nodded and left his room, going to his brothers, mentally cringing at the mess his brother left. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to last the day as his brother, especially when his brother couldn't keep anywhere clean to save his life. The day would be interesting to say the least.

-Roman's Day as Remus-

Roman left the house the way Remus would most mornings: without saying a word to anyone else and a flask of coffee in one of his hands. After that, Roman wasn't really sure what Remus did, but he was sure it was easy enough to figure out.

He walked to the corner where he notices a male he recognised to be Alex, from the few times Remus had him over. He grunted an acknowledgement and the two started walking towards the school.

Remus had given him a few pointers for conversation and ways to act, as well as his locker combination, but it all seemed to leave his head as soon as he met up with Alex. Truth be told, he didn't know anything about Remus' life at school, and he was slightly scared to find out. 

"How bad was it this morning?" Alex broke the silence when they were halfway to the school, and Roman had somehow managed most of the coffee.

"Y'know. Same old." He grunted out, finishing his coffee.

"What about Roman? Has he made a comment on anything yet?"

"Comment? On what?"

"You must be exhausted this morning... About you going to Prom and everything."

"Oh. Never told him."

Alex glanced at him and frowned, trying to figure out what was going through his head.
"You said you were going to tell him..."

"Parents yelled at me again, and I wasn't going to go seek him out."

Alex nodded and they resumed their walk to school in silence, which Roman was grateful for. He wasn't sure if he could keep up with the appearance of Remus for much longer, but he seemed to have passed the first part of the test.

When they arrived at school, they went their separate ways and Roman managed to get into Remus' locker. He pulled a face when he realised his locker was as bad as his room. He wanted nothing more than to tidy it all up, but Remus would definitely kill him.

He grabbed the books he needed and went to Remus' class, following the directions he was given to get to his seat. He made sure to speak to no one, not even his friends that shared classes with Remus.

The first half of the day seemed to drag when he didn't have his friends to entertain him, but there wasn't much he could do when he wanted to help his brother.

By the time lunch came around, he was craving social interaction, maybe that's why it all went so bad.

"Hang on, what?" Alex cut him off after his third tangent within ten minutes. "Remus doesn't talk this much..."

Roman froze and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. He wasn't quite sure what to say or do.

"Roman?" Alex frowned and messed with Roman's hair, taking out the grey streak he had in. "Where's Remus?"

"He asked to trade places for the day... So he didn't have to get yelled at by our parents..."

"And here I thought you and him didn't get along."

"Oh, we don't. But he is my brother, and I can't let him constantly hurt... It was a one time thing. I swear..."

Alex laughed and shook his head, looking over to where Remus was sat, easily chatting with Roman's friends, seemingly able to get through lunch without an issue.

"What's this about Prom you mentioned this morning?"

"Don't tell him I told you, but he really wants to ask one of your friends to prom... Logan, I think. He has this huge crush on him..."

"That's adorable. Maybe I can nudge Logan to ask him first. He, for some reason, likes Remus. Not that I can begin to understand why... I mean romantically. Remus isn't a bad guy. Today showed me that..."

"He and I have this tradition of skipping the second half of a Friday. Want to honour that?"

"Let's go. Maybe you can tell me more about Remus?"

Alex nodded and the two crept off school grounds, laughing and sharing stories of Remus. Roman made a mental note to include Remus and Alex into his friend group every once in a while, and to defend his brother more often. It was the least he could do after years of ignoring him.

-Remus' Day as Roman-

Remus tried to engage with his parents at breakfast, though it wasn't easy, especially since he didn't know how to interact with them when he wasn't fighting. He hadn't ever seen that side directed at him before, not that they realised it was him, but it was better than nothing.

He soon left the house and met up with Roman's friends, trying to keep up with the conversation, the way Roman would. He listened to Patton and Virgil talk, and it didn't take him long to figure out they were together, and that the one called Deceit had some kind of feelings towards Roman, though he wasn't sure why they weren't yet together.

The conversation soon ended and they arrived at school, Remus half hanging back to follow them, unsure of where to go. He looked towards his locker, seeing Roman there. He smiled weakly and followed Roman's friends.

Before long, they group went separate ways and Remus was left to deal with Roman's classes for the morning.

By the time lunch came around, no one suspected a thing.He was able to sit and talk and laugh with Roman's friends. Even getting as far as being able to talk to his crush.

He glanced over at the table he would normally sit at with Alex, seeing Roman and him talking. He smiled weakly and looked down, unsure of how to handle it all.

Before long, lunch was over and he was off to his afternoon classes,having lost sight of Roman half way through lunch.

The rest of the day went smoothly, Remus not having anything else to worry about, until he saw Roman and Alex waiting for him at the school gates.

"Good day?" Alex leaned against his car, smiling fondly at Remus.

"Wait... What?" Remus looked between Roman and Alex.

"He figured it out by lunch time... I couldn't keep my mouth shut."

Remus laughed and nodded, murmuring about how right it sounded. They climbed into Alex's car and headed home.

"Where'd you guys go during lunch?"

"Friday ditch day," Alex looked back at him.

"How could I forget? I'm so sorry..."

"No worries. Your brother's not half bad, Re."

Remus shrugged and looked at Roman. "I guess so... He agreed to this for me, so it's not a bad thing. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem. Just next time, tell Alex beforehand, I couldn't go that long without talking. Though, he did end up telling me a lot more about you, and I'm really sorry about how I treated you..."

"It's okay, Ro."

They soon arrived home, Roman and Remus waving goodbye to Alex. As they walked in, laughing about some joke, their switched outfits having been mostly discarded, their parents turned to Remus, anger glazing their eyes.

"What the hell were you thinking? Cutting school?" Their dad spoke up.

"You should know better!" Their mum chimed in.

"Mum, Dad, it's my fault!" Roman jumped in, standing in front of Remus.

"What?" They looked at him.

"I told Remus to go. He listened to me and I said I'd cover for him. I failed, so if anyone's to blame, it's me."

"Off to your room, both of you. We'll discuss this later."

Roman and Remus ran up to Roman's room, laughing. They spent the rest of the evening talking and generally getting to know one another again. It was the best evening they'd spent together in a long time.

2001 (the year I was born) words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 338 18
Logan feels left out and useless, then everything changes when one deceitful half-snake comes to give advice. All characters belong to Tomas Sanders...
2.7K 69 18
No requests because I have fallen out of the fandom. I might return if it becomes less toxic. I do not own any of the characters or Thomas Sanders.
13.3K 943 25
Deceit and Patton have feelings for one another. They visit each other secretly, not wanting the other sides to know about their relationship out of...
151K 5.6K 200
I'm bored. Have fun. Enjoy