Saving Melanie Deen

Da ali_cher

"That's the funny thing, though. Loving me is a death sentence, isn't it?" *** Melanie Deen's world consisted... Altro

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 34

210 11 1
Da ali_cher

Ethan's P.O.V

"You and the gang enter through the main doors of the warehouse, as expected by Mark. You'll have the goods for the supposed deal. Make sure to question the location, so that he's sure that you're clueless about the abduction of Melanie" Tyler Hunt spoke carefully, eyeing me with that serious stare that he had. Trent and I were riding with Hunt and his team in the back of a disguised van.

This was the last recital of our plan before we sprung into action. And boy was I ready.

"Melanie Deen will most likely be hidden, so no one from your gang sees her. Mark is too smart to let you catch on to something. So our team will figure that one out on the spot, with a thermographic camera" He popped it out of its bag, showing the incredibly helpful device. With the help of that camera, the cops would be able to find exactly where Mel is. Then, they'll be able to come up with the safest and quickest way to get her out of there.

"You and Trent will each have an earpiece, so we'll keep you updated on everything. Our people will be outside, covering the perimeter. Once all of Mark's people are inside, you will be notified. From there on, we have to be on the same page. No surprises, alright? Now, remember, it needs to be perfect. Don't rush into it. Stay calm and collected. Remember who this is for" His voice grew quieter and both Trent and I nodded solemnly. As much as I hated him crawling out of his skin to get her attention, I couldn't help but agree with him.

This was for Mel.

"Hopefully, we will succeed...with no casualties involved" He muttered to himself, anxiously glancing at all of his men. They were all rather young, and I noticed that straight away.

Initially, Hunt wasn't even working on this case. I made him get involved. Partly because he had been very successful with the cases he was assigned to. He was aiming higher and higher with every case. And I knew that this one would end successfully. But the main reason why I wanted him working with us, was because I was sure that he wouldn't let anything happen to Melanie.
I trusted him with this case.

I knew he had a thing for her. I mean, who wouldn't?

"What if they see the earpieces?" Trent asked, tightening the bulletproof vest around his torso. The cops handed them to us as soon as we got into the van. I already had mine on, under my sweatshirt. At first, I didn't want to wear it because I was no coward, and death didn't scare me in any way. But then, Trent reminded me that this is for my sister, for Nathan, for Melanie.
I had to be alive to see the cops put away Mark for good. I needed to finally witness that. Besides, I still needed to confess something to a certain someone.

And I needed to save her, to do so.

Tyler's squad was heading to the warehouse to find a good waiting-out spot. They would need to stay well hidden until all of Mark's people were inside. As for Trent and I, we were heading to my house. We had to go meet up with our gang, just like any other deal. Except this deal, was quite different.

"Let's hope that doesn't happen" Tyler Hunt pressed his lips into a thin line. He was overthinking it already. The stress on his face showed just how young he was.

They wouldn't notice the earpieces, Trent's beanie was long enough to cover it. And I would just pull the hood of my jacket over my head, as I always do.

I gave Tyler a light pat on the back."We can do it" I assured him, slipping my jacket over the sweatshirt. He gave me an unsure look but nodded anyway. I looked around at every single one of his people. They had been quiet all this time, lost in their thoughts. I'd be quiet too if I was a young cop about to storm a huge drug deal. And not just any drug deal. Our town's main gangs, both in one place...at the same time. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. But I wouldn't let that happen.

The van pulled up to my house and both Trent and I jumped out."We'll meet you there. And remember, it has to be perfect" Tyler said and they drove off.

Now for the difficult part. We had to act as if we knew nothing about Melanie being there. We had to act normal. Otherwise, Mark would be suspicious of our unusual behavior.

Trent and I gave each other an encouraging look, before heading into my garage. We knew what would happen. There was a high chance that many of our men would die. And the hardest part was that we knew that we would come out of that mess clean. It had a bittersweet feeling to it.

"Come on, everyone's waiting" Trent hopped into the driver's seat of the jeep. I ran a hand through my hair before joining him inside."It'll be fine" He muttered, backing out if the garage.

I nodded, staring out the window. I really do hope so.

***

Melanie's P.O.V

I opened my eyes, looking for any light at all. Correction: I opened one eye. My other eye appeared to be swollen shut. Mark didn't really like what I said, so I paid the price of speaking my mind. But it was sure worth it. I got to see his humiliated ego.

"Make sure she can breathe" 

My ears perked up at Mark's voice. He seemed rather far away from me, not like he was before. I would look around to see what was going on if it wasn't pitch black. I guess he put a bag over my head or something. How original.

My train of thought was suddenly cut off when two huge hands pulled me up by my tied arms."Sit straight, bitch" The guy spat, straightening my form. I tried my best to keep my posture straight, but failed miserably. I fell forward, losing all control of my body. I felt like a vegetable.

"I said, sit straight!" He growled, gripping my arms with his deathly strength. I let out a whimper, no longer able to keep up the tough-girl act. I was exhausted.

"What is this? A beauty pageant?!" Mark mocked the guy's commands."I told you to make sure that she can breathe, not make her a runway model" He repeated his command, making fun of the guy's ways.

This time, instead of gripping my arms and forcing me to sit up, the guy took the bag off my head."Can you breathe?" He seethed, letting his disgusting breath invade all of my personal space.

"Not with your breath poisoning my air" I hissed, squinting with one open eye. He grabbed me by the throat and pulled my face right up to his.

"Listen here-"

"Are you fucking serious?" Mark cut him off, kicking him in the gut."Enough of the fucking foreplay. You can go jerk off to her like the rest of the guys, in your spare time! Not when Ethan Summers is about to be here with his gang"

My heart stopped for a second as I took his words in.

Ethan.
He was coming to get me.

"Speaking of gangs..." Mark muttered, taking his phone out and quickly dialing a phone number. He walked off, shouting at somebody to get their ass over here. I stared at the humiliated guy in front of me.

"What are you looking at, bitch?" He got up off the ground, dusting himself off. I noticed the bulge in his pants, immediately regretting ever looking at him after Mark's perverted remark.

He noticed my uncomfortable posture and a smirk appeared on his face."You know, if we had some alone time...I'd show you what a real man is. None of that Ethan Summers kind of crap" He whispered into my ear, his foul breath making me gag.

"I think I'll pass" I muttered, turning my head away from his disgusting breath.

"Such a shame" He chuckled, stroking my arm with his index finger."I bet the boys would love to find out for themselves, what Ethan sees in you" He pulled my hair so that I looked into his empty eyes. They flickered down to my thigh, eyeing the knife in it."Should I take this? Is it in your way?" He tilted his head to the side, searching my features for signs of fear.

"Why don't you go ask your owner? What if he put a pretty little hole through your head? One just like George's" I smirked. His eyes darkened but I continued to smirk right in his face, feeling a fire ignite inside me. I was starting to love the feeling of getting on their nerves and pressing all their buttons.

"I don't need permission" He gripped the knife, ready to pull it out.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Mark's voice boomed from behind him and I cackled in the idiot's face.

He took his hand off the knife and slowly stood back up."I was teaching her a lesson" He defended his actions.

Mark rolled his eyes and let his head fall back."You really are as stupid as you look, huh?" He groaned, now looking into his eyes like a maniac.

"No, sir-"

"Well, genius. If you took it out, in less than an hour, we'd be short of one hostage. Oh wait, our only hostage!" Mark cut him off, roaring in his face. He cowered away, nodding quickly. I watched as Mark kneeled down in front of me, wearing one of his many psychotic stares.

"Don't look so smug, Deen" He dragged a pistol down my cheek, only to press it to my neck. I held my breath, feeling the cold weapon on my skin. He smirked, letting it slide further down. His eyes followed it as it stopped on my chest."Your time will come" He smirked.

I closed my eye, trying to keep my consciousness. It was starting to get more and more difficult to stay awake. I felt drowsy and limp.

"Sir, they're here" A guy called from somewhere in the warehouse.

Mark's eyes lit up at the news."Pretty boy is finally here" He pinched my cheek and sprung up to his feet."Oh what a joy. Receiving a deal from the guy, who's girlfriend is barely breathing on my turf" He hummed to himself, walking off. I'm not his girlfriend.

I took a look around, realizing that I wasn't in the center anymore. I was now at the very back of the warehouse, completely hidden behind mountains of massive boxes.

"Go make sure she stays quiet. I don't want a peep out of her while they're here" Mark barked out orders, his voice echoing through the building. I scoffed. As if any of his mutts could keep my mouth shut.

I looked up at the huge man in front of me."If you make a sound, I'll put a bullet through your other leg" He said, calmly. I eyed the pistol in his hand, cursing my confidence. I needed Ethan to know that I was here. I needed him to save me. Yes, I was finally admitting it. I needed saving...I needed a savior. And that savior was Ethan.

I could hear a lot of hustle and bustle as the heavy doors opened. I strained my ears to hear every sound possible, but it was next to impossible.

The huge dude was standing by my side, pistol in one hand, and a heap of my hair in the other. I shut my eye, again. It's okay, Melanie. He'll save you. He can do it.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

455K 13K 40
[[✨COMPLETED✨]] • We both inched closer and closer until our lips were brushing against each other like some sort of tease. But before we could go a...
649K 21.7K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
68.1K 2.5K 34
Book one of the Good & Bad Trilogy Decker High is full of stupid idiot cliches. We have popular jerky jocks, popular brainless cheerleaders, crazy sm...
61.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...