Ana

By MCWFC_ENGWNT

Ana Fraiser. Appointed as assistant manager to Phil Neville for the England women's national team in her firs... More

One
Two
NOT AN UPDATE
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Sixteen

845 25 2
By MCWFC_ENGWNT

*

Doha International Airport

After an intense warm weather camp, the Lionesses prepare to return to the UK and back to the world of the FA WSL ahead of their January fixtures and second half of the season.

Ana: "I am so looking forward to be getting out of here".

Alex: "I know what you mean. I like the heat but the humidity is killer".

Ana: "Isn't it just. I bet you're looking forward to be getting back to Jack yes?".

Alex: "Yeh. They've got a huge second half of the season coming up with the promotion race and a Premier League spot up for grabs".

Ana: "Big part of the season for you though too".

Alex: "That WSL spot is definitely a big incentive. Anyway your sister messaged me and said that there was something you wanted to talk about?".

Ana: "I can't tell her anything! Her and her big mouth".

Alex: "So what's on your mind?".

The twenty seven year olds eyes unconsciously drift towards where Millie is sat in the lounge and Alex's follow, instantly understanding her predicament.

Alex: "What have you done?".

Ana: "Nothing".

Alex: "That's clearly not true though".

Ana: "Not strictly speaking no...".

Alex: "Something happened at Christmas didn't it?".

Ana doesn't give anything away but Alex can still see through the coach.

Alex: "I knew it! Tell me everything".

Ana: "Calm down, it wasn't anything too dramatic. We just spent some time together and we have have kissed".

The assistant manager whispers the last part, but Alex's reaction attracts unwanted attention anyway and Ana has to tell her be quiet.

Ana: "It's not that big of a deal".

Alex: "Are you kidding me?! Do Steph, Leah and Georgia know?? What about the group chat?".

Ana: "The bet was called off. I found Georgia and Leah trying to sort it and told them they're too young to be gambling. Grilled Steph over her part in it too".

Alex: "I'm sure it wasn't Steph's fault...".

Ana: "Seriously? She was the one who started it".

Alex: "Have you spoken to Millie".

Ana: "I'm assistant coach so yes".

Alex: "That's not what I meant and you know it".

Ana explains her situation and problem to the defender, in the hope her friend can give her some advice.

Alex: "You know what? I think you need to take a risk, do something that's a bit out there or that will surprise her, holding her hand for example or something and just see where it goes. Maybe have a another talk about it and see if you can't resolve it".

*

Leeds

Back in the UK after a tiring long flight and a journey back up north, all Ana wants to do is sleep for hours in her own bed but what Alex and Karlie told her is playing on her mind.

Ana: "Fuck it".

She picks up her phone and texts the least likely person.

Messages -
'Ana to Millie Bright: Meet me at Costa, Barnsley town centre in forty minutes, we need to talk x'.

Realising how bad it sounds as soon as she sends the text, Ana immediately starts running about the house like a headless chicken and questioning her actions.

Finally she calms herself down and hastily grabs her phone and purse, as well as a jacket before darting out of the house again.

*

Barnsley

It only takes her half an hour on the M1 and as Ana pulls into a car park nearby, she starts doubting herself again but pulls herself together and heads inside.

Looking around, the twenty seven year old doesn't see the Chelsea player anywhere so she orders a drink and then tucks herself away in the corner.

Millie: "An hour of being home and you're already clammering to see me eh?".

Startled by the defender's arrival, Ana looks up and nearly knocks her hot chocolate over as she jumps out of her chair.

Ana: "Jesus Millie, you scared the life out of me!".

Millie: "Nice to see you again too".

Ana: "Sorry I've been stressed out of my mind since I set up this impromptu meeting".

The defender places her tea down on the table and then sits opposite the coach, clasping her hands around the cup.

Millie: "So what was so important that I have the need to meet you in Barnsley?".

Ana: "We need to talk about what happened. You see Karlie and Alex know the full story from that night at Christmas and they've both given me their individual advice on what I should do".

Millie doesn't say anything, just sits patiently waiting for Ana to finish her story.

Ana: "Alex told me this morning that I needed to do something that would surprise you, take a risk so to speak and see where it would go".

Millie: "Is Alex always this knowledgable?".

Ana: "Hey she's one of my best friends!".

The defender smirks at Ana's reaction and Ana falls into laughter herself.

Ana: "She's very knowledgable, I'll have you know."

Millie: "I think her idea is a great one. What would you like your risk to be? I can think of a few things that would get the ball rolling; excuse the pun".

Ana: "How about we finish our drinks and say, see if there's a film we could go watch?".

Millie: "Deal".

*

Two hours later, the two emerge from the Parkway Cinema and out in the cold night air, Ana shivering a little under her poor choice of clothing.

Millie: "Here".

The defender puts her jacket around Ana's shoulders and then returns her arm to her side with both hoping the other would take the hint.

Ana: "This was nice".

Millie: "It was. Good to take our minds off football for a bit, especially after a big camp".

Ana: "So was this a...?"

Millie: "No".

Ana: "It would be weird if...".

Millie: "Yeh".

Deciding to take a risk, Ana stretches her fingers out to hold Millie's hand at the same time as the Chelsea player.

Both: "Sorry".

They quickly retract their hands into pockets and continue to walk to their cars in silence, neither wanting to spoil the shared peace they had found.

Ana: "Here we are. Thank you for your jacket Millie and thank you for this afternoon".

Millie: "No thank you, it was your suggestion. I wouldn't have got out of the house if you hadn't texted".

A silence falls between them again and Millie steps a little closer to Ana, the twenty seven year old now pinned to the side of her car. The defender presses her body to Ana's, the coach letting a small breath out as Millie's eyes flick between her eyes and mouth.

Ana: "Please".

The whisper of consent is enough and Millie crashes her lips onto Ana's, the jacket falling from her arms as the assistant manager wraps her arms around the Chelsea player's neck.

After what feels like eternity, they break away but stay close enough for Ana's to feel Millie's heartbeat through her chest.

Ana: "I should go".

Millie: "Me too".

The moment of intimacy now over, Millie steps away and picks up her jacket from the floor.

Millie: "See you at the next camp, unless you're planning on coming to a game down at Kingsmeadow any time soon".

Ana: "I might be".

Millie: "Alright I look forward to seeing you then".

Ana: "See you then".

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 238 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
511K 10.8K 155
This is going to be my second one shot/imagine book, so many of you wanted me to make another one after finishing my first one, so here you go:) I'll...
11.7K 199 15
Just some WOSO one shots. Send suggestions for who you want and what kind of storyline you'd like
146K 3.5K 50
WOSO ONESHOTS Requests are currently open ✅