Thirteen

*

Sheffield

The Lionesses travel from SGP to Sheffield the day before the Sweden game, pitching up in a hotel in the Steel City and hopping across the M1 to scope out the stadium.

They then retreat back to the hotel to ride out the media surrounding tomorrow's game and occasion, with the players being given some down time to do as they please.

Steph: "Sheffield is as close as you'll get to home isn't it?".

Ana: "Not just for me, you have a whole host of girls from Yorkshire, Ellie and Millie, Rachel, Lucy Staniforth and Beth".

Steph: "That's a lot of you".

Ana: "Well you know what they say about Yorkshire lasses".

Steph: "Please do not repeat that. I hear it enough from Ellie and Millie. Speaking of, are you two any closer on my bet?".

Ana throws a stern look at the captain, who throws an equally fierce one back.

Ana: "I thought I'd told you not to discuss it in front of me or on the WhatsApp group that I'm in. Whatever you talk about behind my back should stay behind my back, unless it's extremely important and regards the team".

Georgia: "But it is extremely important and does regard the team".

Ana: "Oh don't you start as well".

Georgia: "I raised the stakes with Leah yesterday so we need to get something out of this".

Ana: "You'd be exactly the same if we all started betting on you and that rugby player".

Georgia: "His name is Olly".

The assistant manager raises her hands in defence.

Ana: "Now do you know how I feel?".

Georgia: "I suppose".

Steph: "Finally!!".

Ana looks up to see Jill, Carly and Ellie appear from their coffee run and start to dish out drinks to those girls in reception. Almost on que, Jordan, Leah and Millie step out of the lifts and the three girls collect their cups from Ellie.

Ana: "You're not drinking one of these are you Millie? I thought you were a Yorkshire tea girl".

Millie: "Don't worry. I still am".

The girls around the assistant manager and defender notice their little interaction with more than one of them raising their eyebrows and from her place next to Leah; Stanway whispers in the defenders ear.

Georgia: "Think you might be right about something happening at the end of this international camp".

Leah: "Me too. Quicker than I would have expected though".

Georgia: "There's still time yet".

*