Twelve

*

St. George's Park

With a friendly against Austria out of the way and debuts for Georgia and Ellie, the former bagging a goal, the Lionesses regroup at St. George's to prepare for Sweden.

Ana: "Alright, good morning girls. I trust you all caught up on some sleep and that you are nice and rested. So, we face Sweden in a few days and as we know, Sweden are going to the World Cup and could potentially be a team we end up facing.

Before I explain however, I would like to express our congratulations to Steph, who will be receiving her 100th England cap in Rotherham".

This draws a round of applause from Steph's teammates and staff a like, with the captain graciously accepting.

Ana: "Now previous meetings have had mixed results and there are some key players that we have highlighted to focus on during training, for example goalkeeper Hedvig Lindahl, Stina Blackstenius and Kosovare Asllani.

Those who have played against or with any of the Sweden players, either recently or in the past few years, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Anybody got any questions at this point?".

Nobody raises their hands, although Ana feels as though Georgia and Leah are trying to start trouble.

Ana: "Right let's get going shall we? See you all on the training pitch".

Ana wraps the meeting up and the girls head off, carrying boot bags and water bottles as the staff follow; hauling bags of equipment and their own boots.

Phil: "What did Stanway and Williamson find so funny earlier?".

Ana: "Something that's going round the group chat that they've got me in, heaven forbid".

Phil: "Best keep an eye on them this morning, no doubt they'll be causing trouble as well as Daly and Bright".

Ana: "Some real troublemakers on the squad this time".

Phil smiles as the two coaches make their way onto the pitch, waiting for the girls who dropped behind to put boots on etc.

Mark: "Got to get them working on set pieces this week, our corners could be better".

Phil: "We'll start with that. Ana will you go and set out some cones please".

Ana: "Sure".

The assistant manager heads off to set up as the players start appearing in dribs and drabs, walking out and up the steps to the pitch as Lynn takes photos of them.

Leah: "So Millie, when are you gonna ask our Ana ou?".

Millie: "Leah you are in no way northern, I don't think you can use the phrase 'our Ana' even though she's your step sister".

Leah: "Exactly. She's me step sister and she's from the north, plus dad lives up there now which makes me part northern, therefore I can use it".

Georgia: "She's got a point. Anyway, answer the question Bright. I wanna know whether I'll have to give this one my money".