Nine

*

St. George's Park, Burton-upon-Trent

Internationals had come around again and Ana arrived at the national training base bright and early to set up for the arrival of the Lionesses.

Rushing around like a mad thing in reception, laying out room keys under the right names and sorting last minute details before Phil arrived at half nine.

Phil: "Good morning Ana".

Ana: "Mornin' Phil".

Phil: "Back again are we?".

Ana: "Yes we are. Ready for the last round of World Cup qualification?".

Phil nods with the two making small talk between themselves and the rest of the staff as they wait for the first of the players to arrive.

Phil: "What's the roommate situation this time?".

Ana: "Wait, I had the piece of paper somewhere".

The assistant manager looks around and finds what she wants on the reception desk underneath room keys, handing it to Phil so he can look.

Ana: "Here you go".

Karen Bardsley and Abbie McManus
Mary Earps and Toni Duggan
Carly Telford
Millie Bright and Rachel Daly
Lucy Bronze and Jordan Nobbs
Gabby George and Alex Greenwood
Steph Houghton and Ellen White
Isobel Christiansen and Jodie Taylor
Fran Kirby and Melissa Lawley
Jill Scott and Fara Williams
Keira Walsh and Leah Williamson
Beth Mead and Nikita Parris

Phil: "Brave keeping Bright and Daly together".

Ana: "Well, I'm willing to give them a second chance this time round, hopefully they can prove that they can be serious about this".

Phil: "Talk of the devil...".

He nods towards the doors and there, walking through them together are Millie and Rachel.

Ana: "Are my eyes deceiving me or are you two actually early for once, so early you're the first two here?".

Rachel: "Nice to see you too".

The two girls greet the coaches formally and collect their room keys before sitting down to await the arrival of their teammates, while Ana and Phil continue talking.

Phil: "Have you and Leah talked?".

Ana: "About what?".

Phil: "How you two are going to handle this international camp".

Ana: "We both know how to be professionals, we are able to control our emotions the same way her and Jordan control their feelings around the team and supporters, even though their relationship is not entirely a secret anymore".

Phil: "As long as you are confident it won't come in the way of work".

Before Ana can answer another wave of players walk through the door, including Steph, Jordan and Leah.