Two

*

Leeds

Phil: "Ana I've got some bad news, Steph, Karen Carney and Jordan are out of She Believes".

Ana: "Oh dear. Why?".

Phil: "Steph picked up a knock to her ankle in the City game against Chelsea and Karen is also being monitored for an ankle injury. Jordan and Leah will be staying behind with knee injuries".

The assistant sighs and pulls the roommate list out of her bag; grabbing a pen.

Ana: "Ok, I'll rearrange the rooms and send you an updated list".

Phil: "Thanks Ana. I'm going to call up Abbie McManus, Rachel Daly, Georgia Stanway and Ellie Roebuck so add them to the list as well".

Ana: "Will do, thanks Phil".

Ana ends the call and draws up a new room plan, putting Georgia in with Lucy, Rachel with Millie, Abbie with Keira and switching Nikita to room with Ellen and Toni with Demi. She finalises the list and then sends it on to Phil and the rest of the backroom staff etc so they're aware of the changes.

And as Ana is writing something up, the news of the captain, Karen and Jordan's withdrawals is announced.

'STEPH HOUGHTON, KAREN CARNEY AND JORDAN NOBBS TO MISS SHE-BELIEVES CUP.

Rachel Daly, Abbie McManus and Georgia Stanway have been drafted into the England Women's squad for the She Believes Cup after Steph Houghton, Jordan Nobbs and Karen Carney had to withdraw.

Daly, who plies her trade for Houston Dash, will join the Lionesses when they arrive in the United States on Sunday, ahead of next Thursday's tournament opener against France in Columbus, Ohio.

England will then have matches against Germany in Harrison, New Jersey and the hosts in Orlando, Florida on 4 and 7 March respectively.

Man City duo McManus and Stanway, who have never featured in a senior Lionesses squad, both reported in London on Saturday.

Head coach Phil Neville has seized the opportunity to give the promising pair a chance to impress on the senior international stage, alongside Daly. Neville said "When I named the squad I mentioned there were some exciting players pushing hard for inclusion.

"While we are sorry to lose three experienced names, this is a brilliant opportunity for Rachel, Abbie and Georgia.

"It also means I get to see at first hand some of those who will be pushing the more established players for a place in our World Cup plans".  

Not bothering to read the rest of the article because it just explains what Phil told her, Ana goes back to her work, only to be interrupted by her mum calling her; also taking note someone has texted her.

Ana: "Hi mum".

Maureen Fraiser: "Hi sweetie, how are you?".

Ana: "I'm good, just sorting out new roommates after a few of the girls dropped out and we called up some new players".