Kismat Connection

By shining_polestar

Manik is a rich city-dweller and has everything a person would want - loving parents, very good looks, intell... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44 (Last Part)
Part 45 (Epilogue - part 1)
Part 46 (Epilogue - part 2)
Thank you!
New Story
Thank you!
Thank you!

Part 14

5.6K 501 15
By shining_polestar

Days were passing by.

        Fab6 used to meet at Manik's house more often than the others' houses since they considered Nyonika to be the coolest mom among their moms.

On one such occasion,

        Nyonika : "I met your mom the other day. She looked a lot happier than earlier. I see some change in you too. I am assuming there must be a special reason."

        Abhi : "Yes Aunty, Mom is trying to come out of her depression. I and dad are also happy because of the change in her. The credit goes to my dad's friend's daughter, who is staying with us."

        Nyonika : "How did she manage to bring a change in your mom so soon?"

        Abhi explained what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

        It was two days before Abhi's sister's death anniversary. Abhi's mother was more depressed than usual and she hadn't eaten anything. Abhi's dad was also unhappy because of it.

When Nandini asked him about it,

        Mr. Takkar : "She has been in depression since we lost our daughter, but she gets more depressed around our daughter's death anniversary. She skips food for days and gets sick too. We have tried a lot to get her out of depression, but it hasn't been of any use."

        Nandini always wished to see people around her happy. So far, she didn't know the reason for Abhi's mother's behavior. She knew they had a daughter and she is no more seeing the garlanded photo. Nandini hadn't asked anyone about it because she didn't want to hurt them. She decided to talk to Abhi's mom and went to her room.

        Nandini : "Aunty, Uncle told me that two days later, it is your daughter's death anniversary and you haven't eaten anything because of that.  It isn't right to remember about your daughter and stay depressed."

        Abhi, who had also come to talk to his mom, was at the door and he overheard her.

        Abhi's thoughts : "Who is she to say what mom can do and what she can't do?"

        Abhi was about to barge in, but stopped after hearing her next statement.

        Nandini : "I am not telling you to stop thinking about her, but getting depressed and not eating isn't right. You know your daughter will be watching you from wherever she is. If she sees her mother like this, her soul won't rest in peace. No daughter will be happy to see her mother depressed thinking about her."

        Nandini : "Uncle and your son have also lost someone dear to them. Imagine what they will be going through when they see another dear one in depression. There are ways to remember your daughter without getting depressed."

        Abhi's mom : "It is easy to tell, but impossible to follow."

        Nandini : "I agree it isn't easy, but it isn't impossible. It may take a few weeks or even a few months, but it is possible."

        Abhi's mom : "You have no idea what I am going through, so leave me alone and go from here."

        Nandini wasn't ready to leave her alone. Normally, she didn't discuss about her past with anyone, but she felt it might encourage Abhi's mom to come out of her depression.

        Nandini : "I can understand how you feel. I have been through the same phase when my parents passed away. I was eight when I lost my parents in an accident. I cried a lot and I even stopped eating thinking that I can go to where my parents are, if they can't come back to me. I fell sick too. I didn't realize that my grandma who loves me a lot was suffering too. She had lost her son and daughter-in-law. On top of that, my behavior was causing her more stress."

        Nandini : "Once I realized my mistake, I tried to show that I was fine, for grandma's sake. Once I grew up, my grandma told me the reason behind giving me my name. It seems my parents didn't have a kid for a few years and then I was born. So they wanted me to be happy as well as spread happiness around me, like I brought happiness into their lives. I didn't know how to stay true to my name back then. Faking happiness always wasn't easy, that's when grandma showed me how to be really happy."

        Nandini : "We started by sharing our happy memories with them (her parents). I and grandma together prepare the dishes my parents liked, on their death anniversary. As I grew older, I tried to include my parents ideals into my life."

        Nandini : "I started with one, but now you have two living examples - me and my grandma. Probably you will be able to relate to my grandma even more better, but I can't get her to talk to you right now."

        Nandini : "Even now do you feel it is impossible? You are older than me and more mature than me. You might be having a lot of happy memories with your daughter which you can reminisce. There might be ideals which she valued, which you value too or would like to include in your life. If there was something she wanted to finish but left it incomplete, you can complete it for her. You can also discuss with your family and come up with a lot more ideas."

        Nandini : "Take your time and think about it, but now I am feeling very hungry. I have to eat and you are going to join me. Please come!"

        Abhi's mom was thinking over what Nandini said, but she didn't budge from her place. So Nandini tried to use another tactic to get Abhi's mom to have her food.

        Nandini : "Actually, I have a better idea. I and uncle will give you company.  Even if that isn't enough, I will request your son to join too. If you tell me how long you are planning to fast, I will go and let them know. I will inform the cook not to prepare anything. Also I will need your family doctor's number. I will have to inform him/her too. I think we will need the doctor in a few days time..... Have I missed out anything else?"

        Nandini pretended to think.

        Abhi's mom : "You don't have to do any of those things. I will join you."

After a while,

        Abhi's mom : "You know uncle and Abhi are busy with their work or studies and friends. Will you help me?"

        Nandini : "Sure Aunty."

Flashback ends...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Abhi : "Since then Mom has been trying to change for the better with her help."

        Abhi : "Actually I used to feel irritated when I used to see her smiling always. I used to feel as though she was mocking me, but I never thought that there was such a story behind it."

        Nyonika was lost in her thoughts after hearing Abhi.

        Cabir : "Aunty, whose thoughts are you lost in?"

        Nyonika : "After hearing Abhi, I remembered the girl I met in the village, when we went for the wedding. I have seen her smiling whenever I met her. I didn't know until someone else told me that she had lost both her parents."

        Cabir : "It is quite a few months after you came back from there and you still remember her."

        Nyonika : "You don't forget people who have helped you, and she saved my life, so how can I forget her?"

        Manik got alert hearing Nyonika.

        Manik : "What do you mean by saved your life? What happened there? Why didn't you tell me or dad about it?"

        Nyonika realized that she told about the incident by a slip of the tongue.

        Nyonika : "It's nothing."

        Nyonika was about to leave, but Manik stopped her.

        Manik : "What are you hiding from me? You can't escape from here without telling me."

       Now that Nyonika was caught, she had to tell the truth.

        Nyonika : "I had been to the temple there. On my way back down, I felt dizzy and I would have fallen down. She just came in time and saved me. Otherwise, if I would have fallen from that height, I would have either broken my bones or I would have..."

        Nyonika : "Leave that now, you don't have to worry. She stayed with me and made sure that I reached safely till the car, on both the days I went to the temple. She is one of a kind. There are very few people who leave their work and care for a stranger without any expectations."

        Manik came to know that Nyonika was talking about Nandini. It was only then he realized the actual reason why his mom was impressed with Nandini.

        Nyonika : "Abhi, bring her home sometime. I would like to meet her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5K 47
It's the story of innocent NRI girl getting into arranged marriage with Country Man in India... Let's see how he gets to live and fall in love...
776K 60.9K 78
Nandini, a quite girl who lives a simple life being the youngest child,with close friends and good grades.! However,simple turns into complex when sh...
137K 7.8K 24
Copywrite @ 2017 - Smiling Girl_07 How will the badly broken Swara will change the monster Sanskaar???? They both are joined by a thread, ie Nandini...
1M 55.5K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...