The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

0. prologue and cast

115K 1.7K 6.1K
By idksomethingnotlame

"Thank you so much for watching her tonight. It means a lot," A blond haired woman said as she handed her almost one year old daughter to her friend. The little girl whined as she left her mother's arms, but quickly grew content as she settled down. The red haired woman guided the two into her house seeing as they wouldn't be allowed in the house otherwise due to all the protections.

"Of course. She's my favorite God daughter!" The red haired woman said, a bright smile on her face.

"Lily, she's your own goddaughter. And even then, she legally only has one godparent, and that's Remus!" The woman responded. Lily smirked and turned away, the girl in her arms giggling as if she understood the conversation. Loud steps announced the entrance of another person into the room.

"Hello Marlene and itty, bitty baby Rose. Where's Sirius?" The man asked, putting his son down as he was squirming in his arms. Lily did the same and the two children crawled over to each other and started to play with a random toy left on the floor.

"Sirius was going to see Peter and then we were going to go on a date. We haven't been out since Briar Rose was born, so we decided to go somewhere," Marlene answered. James and Lily nodded in understanding.

"Make sure to tell him hello for us and be safe," Lily said as she hugged her best friend. James also hugged Marlene before sitting down on the floor and making rings of smoke exit his wand, a bright smile on his face. Children's laughter filled the room causing all the adults to smile.

"Will do!" Marlene exclaimed with a smile.

"Come here little missy, " She said grabbing her child. The little girl whined at being taken away from her godfather before smiling at her mother. Marlene hugged her extra tight, having a bad feeling in her stomach.

"I love you, and I'll see you in the morning," She told her daughter, who just smiled back and gave her a slobbery kiss on the cheek. Marlene laughed and put her down on the ground. She waved goodbye once more and then left to return home to her fiancé.

"Lily, I'm the best godfather to ever exist!" James stated as he picked up Rose in one arm and Harry in the other. Lily raised one eyebrow and then walked into the kitchen to continue cooking dinner.

"I'm sure Remus would disagree. Rose loves his cuddles the best. And, as Sirius and Marlene like to remind us, we're not legally godparents," She responded. James let out a dramatic gasp at her words.

"How dare you! I'll challenge Remus to a godfather competition the next time I see him. And Marlene and Padfoot are idiots, we're godparents in spirit!" James said as he put Rose and Harry into their chairs. Lily just shrugged, knowing that he would most likely lose. The timer went off so she grabbed the chicken nuggets out of the oven and put them onto plates. James let out a shriek of joy louder than the two kids when he saw the food causing Lily to roll her eyes, but give him a kiss anyways.

"You're more childish than the two actual children in the room," She informed him. He smirked at her.

"Yeah, but you love me anyways," He responded. She just smiled and sat down. The family of three and the girl ate, and then James took the kids back into the den as Lily made the dishes clean themselves.

"Dont forget that next week is your week to cook and clean up," She reminded her husband, who groaned and started complaining. One look at her face made him stop talking, and he quickly turned back to the children. Lily finished with the dishes and walked over to the three children playing, leaving her wand in the kitchen.

"Harry, stop poking the cat!" She yelled as she entered the room. Her son quickly stopped and turned to his mom with a sheepish look on his face. The girl next to him started to giggle, so he turned to her angrily. James and Lily laughed as the two started to argue in baby language.

"Mama!" Harry said, turning to Lily as if asking for help. Despite the fact that Harry had been able to say Mama for months, Lily still felt her heart swell at his statement. She picked him up off the floor and kissed his head.

"Sorry buddy, but you gotta work this out on your own," She told him. Harry then turned to his dad who quickly looked away, as he was playing with Rose. Harry let out a shocked noise and fought to be put down. Lily laughed and put him down on the floor and watched as he quickly waddled over to his friend and father. Harry and Rose had been inseparable since the moment they met, and nothing had changed that.

Suddenly, a sound distracted all of them. The smile on their faces left and James stood up and walked into the front of the house, his wand still on the floor with the children. Lily didnt have to wait long for an answer.

"Lily run! It's him! Take the kids and go! I'll hold him off!" James yelled. The two kids seemed to understand what was happening as they let Lily pick them up and run upstairs with them. Lily heard the door slam open and heard the love of her life yell. She quickly put the kids down in the crib and started blocking the door with the furniture, praying that James could block Voldemort off. All of a sudden, a green light could be seen coming up the steps and a heavy thud echoed through the house. Lily felt her heart break and tears welled up in her eyes. She fumbled for her wand, hearing someone coming up the stairs. Realizing she forgot it downstairs, she instead turned around to the two kids.

"I'm so sorry. I love you both so much," She whispered, kissing Rose and then Harry on the head. All of a sudden, the door was blown open, making Lily shriek.

"Move out of the way, foolish girl!" The man shouted, his eyes gleaming. Lily spread her arms out in front of the two children, tears leaking out of her eyes.

"No! Not Harry or Rose. Please don't!" She cries. Her pleades fell on deaf ears. Voldemort flicked his wand and, once again, a green light filled the house. Lily's body hit the ground with a heavy thud. Voldemort smiled at the two children as he stepped over the body.

"Goodbye, Harry," He whispered, a cold smile on his face. He quickly shot a killing curse at the young girl first, and he watched her fall over in the crib, her annoying crying quickly ending. Harry let out a cry that made Voldemort smile and quickly shout, "Avada Kedavra!" Yet again, green light filled the house and then all was quiet.

On the other side of town, a young man entered his friends house.

"Pete? You here?" He yelled. No answer was heard and he looked around. A weird feeling came over him and he decided to look around the house. Peter had been acting weird for months, and Sirius needed proof before he expressed his concerns. Entering the bed room he saw what he feared the most: the uniform of a Death Eater. The young man quickly apparated away, knowing what this meant.

"James! Lily!" The young man's panicked voice echoed throughout the house. "No! James!" The voice could be heard saying. No steps were made for a few minutes as the man stopped to mourn his friend. He listened for the sounds of his best friend, godson and daughter but heard none.

"Pull yourself together Sirius," He said and started walking up the stairs after closing his best friends eyes. Slowly, he entered the nursery to see Lily splayed out on the floor and half the wall gone. He turned away and saw Harry in the crib.  The young boy was quiet as he looked at his godfather. Sirius quickly walked over and then stopped. Laying there was his baby girl.

A choked sob fell out of his mouth as Sirius almost fell to his knees in shock. He slowly walked over and picked up Rose and held her to his chest as tears ran down his face. Suddenly, she let out a yawn and cuddled closer to his chest. Sirius stumbled backwards and stepped on a cloak. Looking down, he saw Voldemort's cloak and wand on the floor. He quickly walked back over to Harry and picked him up in his other arm, seeing the scar on his forehead for the first time. He examined his daughter and found no evidence of any incident on her. Slowly, he walked back downstairs, trying not to look at Lily or James. He exited the house and walked to his motorcycle, almost in a trance.

"Hey! Stop!" A gruff voice shouted at him, but the voice grew softer as he realized it was just Sirius. "Oh, it's just you Sirius. What happened?" A giant man asked.

"They're dead," Sirius croaked out. The man stood there shocked before putting his hand on Sirius' shoulder. "They're dead, Hagird."

"No!" Hagrid gasped, his eyes wide and tears filling them, but he blinked them away. "Dumbledore told me but...I guess I didn't believe him."

"They're gone," Sirius croaked out, not hiding his tears.

"I know this probably isnt the best time, but I gotta take Harry to his aunt and uncle. Dumbledore's orders," Hagrid said, sadness coating his voice.

"You're not taking him!" Sirius immediately argued. Harry grabbed onto his leather jacket as Sirius became angry. "He's my godson! You've seen how much Rose loves him. Marlene and I will raise him as if he's our own. He'll be safest with us."

"I know that, but I have to listen to Dumbledore," Hagrid explained.

"He's all I have left," Sirius cried, falling to sit down on the door step, unable to wipe his eyes due to the children in his arms. Rose was still asleep but Harry reached up and with his tiny hand wiped away some tears. Sirius leaned his head unto the tiny hand before sniffling and looking back up at Hagrid.

"I wish I could help," Hagrid said, his voice shaking. "You have your daughter, Remus, and Marlene. Isn't that enough?"

"It is, but I don't know what I'll do without James or Lily or Harry," Sirius admitted. "I can't..."

"It's Dumbledore's orders," Hagrid repeated. Sirius knew he was getting no where and he couldn't stop seeing James' face, filling him with anger.

"I guess me being his godfather means nothing! Take my motorcycle I dont need it anymore," Sirius said. He quickly kissed Harry on the forehead and whispered into his ear before handing him to Hagrid.

"I have to go tell Marlene what happened. Keep me informed on Harry," He said, holding his now sleeping daughter closer to his chest. Hagrid nodded, shocked at his response before getting on the motorcycle as Sirius apperated away to his house.

When Sirius entered, he had cleared his face of all tears and quickly put Rose into her room.

"Marlene?" He questioned walking into their room. He quickly stopped, seeing his fiancée laying on the floor. He slid over on his knees to see her shaking and staring off into the distance.

"No. Please no!" He shouted, knowing that this was exactly how Alice and Frank Longbottom acted after they had been tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange. He quickly sent out a patronus to everyone in the order. Before long, Mad-Eye Moody arrived.

"What happened, Sirius?" His gruff voice questioned.

"Take her to St. Mungos and watch Briar Rose. I'll be back soon," Sirius responded, ignoring Moody's question. He kissed Marlene and his sleeping daughter on the forehead and then left, leaving Moody confused and worried. Luckily for Moody, Dumbledore entered the house minutes after Sirius left.

"Hello Moody. I regret to inform you that James and Lily Potter are dead," He said. Moody was shocked by how calm he seemed, but Dumbledore wasn't known to overreact.

"What about the boy?" He asked, itching to leave to take Marlene to the hospital.

"He survived the killing curse. Voldemort is dead. Now, please direct me to Briar Rose and then take Miss. McKinnon to the hospital," Dumbledore stated. Moody led him to the nursery and then grabbed Marlene, apparating away after a long look from Dumbledore.

Slowly, Dumbledore walked into the room and looked at the sleeping girl. He then reached down and examined the girl, stopping when he reached her hand. He stared at the mark before nodding and sitting down in the rocker next to her bed, thinking over everything, including the strange words he had heard just the night before. At 8 A.M., he grabbed the still sleeping girl and left the old house, entering an even older and more run down house. The man in the house looked up in shock, his body still sore from the night before.

"Dumbledore? What's going on? Why do you have Rose?" He croaked out, confused and tired. He reached out and grabbed his goddaughter anyways, as she was one of the only things that could help him after he transformed. She quickly cuddled into the familiar chest as the two men walked into the sitting room.

"Please sit down, Mr. Lupin. We have a lot to discuss."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                                   Cast

Sasha Kichigina as Lyn Dylan (but imagine her with grey eyes) (also, I know that the name is confusing but keep reading to understand)

The Harry Potter cast as themselves

Except

Andrew Garfield as Remus Lupin

Ben Barnes as Sirius Black (but with curly hair)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Just a quick message that Jk Rowling's recent tweets are horrible. My stories are a safe place for everyone, including trans people. If you don't agree, don't read my stories.

I struggled to decide whether or not to continue to write stories after her transphobic tweets, but I decided to because I can change the story to reflect the real life that she seems to ignore. I can include LGBTQ+ stories because they should be told and I'm not the best writer in the world, and I am not a member of the community, but I stand in support of them.

I just want to say that you are valid and you are loved. Don't listen to ignorant people who don't listen to facts. Listen to yourself and those who actually know and love you. I hope that through my stories you can feel accepted and you understand that this is a safe space.

If you need help please contact me. I can't do much but I can listen if you need someone to rant to.

Thank you and I love all of you❣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 10 23
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...
93.2K 4.3K 200
Welcome welcome everyone to the Joke book. These Jokes are Harry Potter Jokes only. Trust me you haven't seen these ones before, I know everyone will...
31K 785 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
2.1K 35 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...