Kismat Connection

By shining_polestar

Manik is a rich city-dweller and has everything a person would want - loving parents, very good looks, intell... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44 (Last Part)
Part 45 (Epilogue - part 1)
Part 46 (Epilogue - part 2)
Thank you!
New Story
Thank you!
Thank you!

Part 7

5.8K 442 12
By shining_polestar

Manik decided to tell Nyonika about Alya.

        Manik : "Mom, I have a revelation to make. You don't have to look for a girl for me. I have a girlfriend."

        Nyonika was surprised, she had no clue about it.

        Nyonika : "What?! .. Girlfriend?"

        Nyonika : "When are you going to introduce her to us?"

        Manik : "You know her already mom."

        Nyonika : "Who is she?"

        Manik hesitated to tell her name because he knew Nyonika didn't like her that much.

        Manik : "Alya"

        Nyonika : "What?! She is your friend, right? When did she become your girlfriend?"

        Manik : "Since three years."

        Nyonika : "Why did you hide this from me for so long?"

        Manik : "I didn't know how you would react if I told you about her. I know you don't like her that much, but I like her mom and I want to marry her in the future. Can't you accept her for my sake, Mom?"

        Nyonika : "You are right. I don't like her, but if you are sure that she is the one for you, I will try to accept her. Your happiness is more important to me than anything else."

        Raj who just came there heard their conversation too.

        Raj (to Nyonika) : "You always keep calling him baccha (child), but your child has grown big enough to select a life partner on his own."

        Nyonika : "However old he grows he will still remain a child to me."

        Raj (to Manik) : "We will accept whoever you choose as your life partner. However, I have an advice for you. You were naive three years back. The qualities based on which you chose a girlfriend at that age aren't necessarily the same qualities you would be looking for in a wife. As you grow older, you grow wiser too. So take time and think wisely before you commit since it is going to be for a lifetime. Remember, you will be sharing your entire lifetime with the one you choose."

        Nyonika's hunt for a suitable girl for Manik came to an end. She didn't force Manik to get married soon and Manik wasn't in a hurry to get married anyways. Nyonika also needed time to accept Alya as her future daughter-in-law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Nandini's teacher left to Mumbai. He tried talking to two of his friends, but they hesitated because they didn't want to take responsibility of a young girl.

        Nandini's teacher was telling about Nandini to another friend of his.

        Teacher : "Nandini is a brilliant girl. She has got a scholarship to study here, but her grandmother isn't willing to let her stay alone. Will you be able to accommodate her at your place?"

        Mr. Takkar : "Tell me about her. Where is she from? What is her family background?"

        Teacher : "She is from my village, Vilaspur. Her parents passed away in an accident when she was little. Since then she has been staying with her grandmother Kishori Murthy, she teaches classical music..."

        Mr. Takkar : "I think I have heard these names before."

        He thought for a while.

        Mr. Takkar : "Is Nandini Mr. Ram Murthy's daughter?"

        Teacher : "Yes, did you know him?"

        Mr. Takkar : "He was my friend. We studied in the same college. I was in touch with him for quite sometime. Then we lost touch and later I came to know about his accident."

        Mr. Takkar : "I will be glad to accommodate her here."

        Teacher : "Thank you so much!"

        Mr. Takkar informed his family that his friend's daughter will be coming to stay with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Fab6 had made a plan to hangout together next day. Dhruv, Abhi and Cabir were at the meeting place.

        Dhruv : "Abhi, you seem to be upset, what's the matter?"

        Abhi : "You know how much I hate villagers. Now, a villager is going to come and stay at my home. That too, it is not for few days but for a few years."

        Cabir : "Oh! Who is it? Why is he going to stay at your place for so long?"

        Abhi : "A girl. She is my dad's friend's daughter. She has got scholarship here, that too in our college."

        Cabir : "Oh.. how are you going to manage with her under the same roof and in the same college. She will be around you all the time. It is such a crisis situation."

        Manik joined them.

        Manik : "What Crisis situation are you talking about?"

        They explained the situation to him.

        Manik : "Abhi, I know you hate villagers, but all villagers aren't the same. Don't form a opinion even before meeting and knowing her and get upset. She should be really good at studies to get a scholarship here, don't you think so? One of the reasons you hate villagers is that they are illiterate, which is already ruled out in her case."

Before Manik could continue,

        Dhruv : "What is going on Manik? You are favoring a village girl. Don't you guys feel his thinking has changed after his trip to the village."

        Cabir : "Is it the trip to the village or meeting a particular village girl?"

        Dhruv/Abhi : "Which village girl are you talking about?"

        Cabir : "Manik didn't bother to even tell us about it, but I came to know from Aunty that she was planning to tie him to a village girl."

        Dhruv/Abhi : "Why didn't you tell us about it?"

        Manik : "I tried to call you all when I was there, but couldn't because of the weak signal. Later, considering how much everyone hates talking about villages or villagers, I didn't mention about it. I had to meet her because mom persuaded me."

        Cabir : "How did your meeting go? You can tell us at least now."

        Abhi : " It must have been really awful, isn't it?"

        Manik : "Not really. It was a lot better than I had expected. I went there thinking as to how to reject the alliance, but she surprised me. She not only requested me to reject the alliance on her own, but she also suggested a reason to give too."

        Cabir : "Aunty told you rejected her, but she rejected you first, the Manik Malhotra, whom girls are ready to die for. That's interesting!"

        Manik : "Don't jump to conclusions. We both had our own reasons for not going ahead with the alliance. It wouldn't have mattered who was on the other side, neither for me nor for her. She felt that her say wouldn't matter to her family, so she requested me and I had to do the honors."

        Dhruv : "We know your reason, but what was her reason?"

        Abhi : "What else can it be? Either she wasn't aware of your status or she is an illiterate or a fool to let go of such an opportunity."

        Manik : "None of them. She suggested that I could give the difference in our lifestyle and status as a reason to reject the alliance. If she would have agreed for the alliance, probably you would have labeled her as an opportunist like I misjudged her."

        Manik : "She was fully aware of what she was doing. She seemed quite knowledgeable. She wanted to pursue her studies and she felt that marriage would be a hindrance."

        Cabir : "So, I was right. It was meeting that girl which influenced your thinking."

        Manik : "Yes, I accept it. I formed my own opinion about her even before listening to what she had to say. I realized that I judged her completely wrong. That's why I am advising you Abhi, so that you don't make the same mistake I did."

        Cabir : "That explains why you are advising Abhi, but I still didn't understand how you accepted that a village girl influenced your thinking so easily? Why are you favoring her by counteracting everything Abhi said?"

        Manik : "I am not trying to counteract Abhi or favor her, I am just stating the fact that she is knowledgeable. I can't disapprove it just because she is from a village."

        Abhi wasn't ready to change his perspective about villagers, so he left with Dhruv to pick up the food they had ordered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.2K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
743K 45.4K 110
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
56.2K 1.2K 17
You are the biological son/daughter of James Hook, Peter Pan's archenemy. Since the Captain didn't want you in danger with Peter around, he sent you...
72.1K 5.8K 33
Pyaar kiya tha, nafrat Nahi Love, this four letter word can flip anyones emotions and can change anything in this world. Love for your parents, L...