Embering Lives

By Twilsontehwriter20

2nd Year is going to be different from Katsuki Bakugo, last year there were way too many interruptions to his... More

Chapter 1: Breakfast?
Chapter 2: Exercise
Chapter 3: Battle of the Hill
Chapter 4: Improvements
Chapter 5: Competition
A Quick Author's Note
Chapter 6: Out and About
Chapter 7: A Step Forward
Chapter 8: All is Fair in Love and War Part 1
Chapter 9: All is Fair in Love and War Part 2
Chapter 10: Just for A Moment
Chapter 11: Shot Heard Round the World
Chapter 12: Solace
Chapter 13: Underestimated
Chapter 14: Do or Die
Chapter 15: A Glance
Chapter 16: Ashes
Chapter 17: Dances and Despair
Author's Note 2
Chapter 18: Unfold
Chapter 20: Perfect Game
Chapter 21: Nothing Ventured. Nothing Gained.
Final Author's Note
Chapter 22: A Hero's Reqiuem
Chapter 23: Finale

Chapter 19: Attack The League

1K 33 4
By Twilsontehwriter20

"A full-on assault on the villains is Ludacris!" Best Jeanist says as he flashes a look toward Aizawa. Aizawa looks toward Hawks as the winged man nodded sliding a book that had been charred slightly down the table of pro-heroes, "Is this really a good time to be going over something like this?" Best Jeanist says as Nezu grabs the book.

"This might just be the best time. If anything we might be too late." Nezu says as Aizawa opens the book.

"Hawks has been in deep cover with the villains for a while now. Apparently their numbers have increased dramatically. As in over 100 enemies are waiting for us." Aizawa says as Best Jeanist's eyes widened.

The taller man turned toward Hawks as he gritted his teeth, "You couldn't inform us earlier? This is serious information!" Best Jeanist said as Hawks scoffed, "It was a hard enough relaying it to Endeavor, imagine sending a group text about a damn army when you are in killing range." Hawks says as Best Jeanist growled.

"Enough, both of you. Hawks will be acting as Number 1 until we get a status report on Endeavor." Aizawa says as the two men look away from each other.

"How did Endeavor of all people get taken out by a child?" Hawks said as Aizawa looks over at him.

"She played us. She took advantage of our status as heroes to influence us, I should have been quicker to respond. That's beside the point now, the point is there is an army lead by Shigaraki along with All for One ready to destroy everything." Aizawa says as Hawks clenched his fist.

"This is going to be an actual war, not a pretty sight in the slightest. Tell me, are you seriously ready to march pros to their deaths in order to win the day?" Hawks says with a serious expression as Aizawa gives him a look.

"What are you getting at?" Aizawa said as Hawks looked at the dark-haired man as he took a step closer.

"People are going to die. You are asking me as Number 1 to put those people in that position. We can't let the villains win, but I don't want a single person to lose their life. So tell me Eraserhead, how does one go to war and not lose a single life?" Hawks says darkly as Aizawa looks down at the table.

"Heroes should be ready to sacrifice their lives at a moment's notice. It's an occupational hazard." Aizawa says as Hawks glared at him.

"You bastard, did you hear a word I said!? Heroes are going to die, many of us. If that's the case, who is going to be left when it's over?!" Hawks said as Aizawa stood up to meet the man eye to eye.

"You're still new to this despite being Number 1 at the moment, so I didn't think you were all too aware. If we all go into the gentle night, then we have the perfect set of new heroes for the job." Aizawa says as Hawks narrows his eyes.

"They're only kids." he says as Aizawa looks back at him.

"Kids I'm ready to die and leave the world to. If we win or we lose they are going to be there to take the torch and continue on our path, improving upon it. They'll be left to live for the world's sake as well as ours. With that being the case, yes, I am ready and willing to go to war." Aizawa says as Hawks backs up.

"You put way too much faith in those kids." Hawks says as Aizawa nods, "Perhaps. Maybe we haven't been putting in enough," Aizawa says as he looks toward the other pros at the table.

"We'll meet their demands, tell the other heroes they have a day to collect themselves and come to their peace. We attack the villains tomorrow." Aizawa says as Best Jeanist closes his eyes and looks down with a grin.

Nezu slow claps while looking at Aizawa, while Hawks sighed. "If anyone dies, I'll never forgive you." Hawks says as Aizawa looks at the phone. "I can live with that,"

Aizawa says as he picks up the phone.

All for One stood in the auditorium with the Paranormal Action Squad sitting behind him as the rest of their forces clamored in front of them.

"Calm yourselves, I along with Tomura have a few words to share before we embark on our most glorious endeavor." All for One says as the army grows quiet.

"I must say I blame myself for this, A long time ago I was king. I stood atop of this world at the pinnacle of perfect as I watched the masses writhe in their own agony, However, I was human. With being human I had a single weakness, my own brother. He was once quirkless, a nobody in the eyes of society. So being the gracious man I am I gave him a quirk, one that stored strength and stockpiled it within one's self. He lied to me, as soon as he had gotten it he had given it to another. This person then gave it to another." All for One says as the air grew thinner causing some of the members behind him to notice.

"Soon this power became All Might. The Number 1 that gave hope to these parasites called citizens, hence creating a world chocked full of heroes with unbreakable resolves. For that, I apologize to all of you, for helping to create a world where your freedom was stripped from you. As a gift, I offer you this chance to enact revenge on those who trampled upon your souls and to take your freedom back. When we walk there will be blood, there will be death, most of all there will be destruction, but as society's before us all know. These are only little prices to pay in the name of revolution and peace!" All for one says as the crowd starts riling up with cheers.

"Fight with me and with Tomura was he takes claim to new power and destroys this hell they call a world and build upon it with our own! Watch as the heroes and parasites fall within the ashes of their hopes and dreams as we ascend into the perfect world that we will mold from it! Together we can change it all, Together we will snuff out these embers of light, Together we shall finally liberate this world!" All for One says as the army cheers loudly. All for One looked back at the group behind him. "Nothing like a little theatrics to get an army ready for war." All for One says as Re-Destro slow claps, "Impressive indeed." the man says as Tomura walks to the front of the stage.

"I'm not as creative as my teacher when it comes to speeches so I'll keep it brief. Fight or you die, If anyone so much as stops fighting I will kill you myself. If there are no more doubts, then let's destroy it all!" Tomura says as the crowd cheers once more.

Toga looks over at Asuga who's cut her white hair shorter as she clapped along with them, "Do you know why I gave Duplica information to tell Katsuki?" Toga says as Asuga looks over.

"It was always because I didn't trust you. I'm not a hero in the slightest, but I for one will say I will guarantee your loss. Asuga." Toga says with a smirk on her face as Asuga smiles at her.

"I'm looking forward to it. Also, it's Hana." the white-haired girl says as she stood up clapping even harder.

Toga narrowed her eyes at the girl as she watched Hana's smile only grow as the cheers grew louder.

"Kacchan wait." Izuku says as Katsuki turns toward him, "Fuck off Deku! You aren't stopping me." Katsuki says as he continues walking.

"Kacchan it's an army! I don't care how good you think you are there's no way you could fight that alone!" Izuku says as Katsuki turns again stomping toward Izuku.

"I don't care, that Tomura fucker is the leader anyway, I kick his ass the rest will follow." Katsuki says as Izuku grabs on to him.

"You'll die you idiot! How many do you have to take down before you realize that it's pointless to fight alone! Why do we have to suffer for your actions?!" Izuku says as Katsuki growls.

"Let go Deku." Katsuki says calmly as Izuku grips his shirt harder.

"No, I won't let you kill yourself just to prove a point. You are my friend, the one I've been trying to reach for my entire life. I refuse to let you go to your death just when we've gotten to that point!" Izuku says as Katsuki looks at him.

"Let me go." Katsuki says as Izuku looks at him.

"No."

Izuku says as Katsuki causes an explosion right next to them, causing them both to fly apart.

Izuku gets up quickly only to find Katsuki looking at the doors. Izuku looks behind himself only to find Momo looking at the blonde boy with puffy red eyes.

"You finally come out of your room?" Katsuki says as Momo walks down the stairs, "Where in the hell do you think you are going?" Momo says as Katsuki's eyes softened.

"To find those bastards and put an end to this." Katsuki says as Momo stomps toward him.

"You must think that's really brave. Going off to war like a hero, dying to defend those you care about right?" Momo says as Katsuki frowned.

"Don't get on my case too Mo, I'm going and you can't stop me." Katsuki says as Momo slaps him across the face, Izuku's eyes widened as Katsuki's does as he recovers only to spot the girl giving him a harsh stare.

"I refuse." Momo says as Katsuki just stared at her.

"You're doing this to prove a point to yourself just as much as it is protecting everyone else aren't you?" Momo says as she steps closer.

"You must think I'm some kind of idiot if I'm going to let you walk away and fight!" Momo says as Katsuki growls.

"Who else is going to fucking do it Mo?! The heroes are ready to die for this so why can't I be?! None of you need to put your lives on the line like this!" Katsuki says as Momo looks at him.

"What makes us so different from you? Why do you get to be the valiant hero that sacrifices their life and saves the day? Why can't any of us?" Momo says as Katsuki growls.

"It's not because you care for our wellbeing, you are going out there to prove whether or not you are worthy of anything and I for one think that's incredibly selfish." Momo says as Katsuki glares at her.

"Selfish. Mo you don't get it! All of you have dreams, I don't. My strength is a by-product of my fear of letting everyone down. If I let any of you go in my stead I'll never forgive myself!" Katsuki yells as Momo lets her tears fall.

"Stop using that as an excuse!" Momo says as Katsuki's frown disappears. "Stop running from us! Stop running from me. You can see it can't you?" Momo says as Katsuki just looks at her.

"The only person that's let down is you. You always place the world on your shoulders and carry it but expect no one to help you. You're wrong. Absolutely wrong. I won't let you do that to yourself anymore," Momo said as she turns back toward the doors.

The other students were standing there looking at both of them as Katsuki's eyes widened.

"Do you think you could take on the whole class? Or even me? If take another step by yourself you'll be fighting all of us." Momo says as she grabs his hand.

"Katsuki, we all care about you. You've inspired all of us to be better in our own different ways. Not a single one of us is going to let you destroy yourself just so you can figure it out all alone. I won't let you do that." Momo says as Katsuki looks at her and then all of them.

"What if they outmatch you guys?" Katsuki says as Kirishima yells over, "Then we'll have each other's backs!" he says as Katsuki frowns slightly.

"They'll be trying to kill all of us!" Katsuki raises his voice as Izuku speaks up. "It's just USJ or the Forest all over again." Izuku says as Katsuki closes his eyes.

"Damn, I sound so stupid right now." Katsuki says as Momo pulls him closer. "You said it. We won't let you fight alone, we are all in this together." Momo says as Katsuki smiles at her.

"That's corny as shit." Katsuki says as Momo smiles back.

"I know." Momo says as Katsuki looks back at everyone else.

"If any of you shitheads die, walk it off. Know for a damn fact I won't be shedding any tears for you!" Katsuki yells as the others begin laughing.

"No need to worry Katsuki, we'll be fine." Shoto says as Katsuki fumes, "Fuck off Icy Hot, don't call me by my first name so easily!" Katsuki yells as they all laugh at him.

Momo looks at Katsuki before wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I have a plan," Momo says as Katsuki smiles slightly. "You always do." he says as he kisses her.

The two hold their embrace before breaking away.

"I love you."

Momo says as Katsuki's face turns red, "You can't just go saying shit like that Mo!" Katsuki says as Momo chuckles.

"It just felt right. I'll wait for you to say it whenever you please." Momo said as she hugged into the boy.

"How do you know I'll even say it in the first place." Katsuki says, looking away blushing.

"It's just a hunch."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 1.1K 51
"Two things are obvious... I'm about to die. And I'm in love with Katsuki...
17.8K 568 37
Understanding Katsuki Bakugou certainly was a challenge. But there still somehow had to be a way to learn how Ochakos classmate thinks just so she co...
74K 2.3K 15
Two different schools, Two different personalities... Katsuki bakugou best friends with kirishima. Kirishima's best friend is katsuki bakugou and a b...
74.9K 1.7K 29
For a while now, Todoroki has been in love with Yaoyorozu but for some reason can't tell her. On the other hand Yaoyorozu has been struggling to keep...