breathe// 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

SEQUEL TO FOREVER Getting better wasn't immediate, and that was frustrating. It created tension between fam... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
Epilogue

71

830 32 3
By 5sosxruel

Ashton

The time zones were slightly messing with our heads as we woke up, not adjusted to the first change yet.

We were all groggily getting showered or dressed, but wanting to make it to the hotel breakfast.

We got down and found a table, going for the fruit and pastries today; it was nice to see Ava voluntarily eat it.

"Today, I am taking you somewhere special,"

"Where?"

"A surprise. I know, this trip has been jam packed with them,"

"Are we walking?"

"We are, it isn't too far away and there is a whole city to see,"

"I will wear my trainers then,"

"You should, and do you know what else you should wear?"

"What?"

"Your glasses,"

"I don't like them,"

"They look good on you poppet, I promise,"

"I am not wearing them because I look ugly, and I am not changing my mind,"

"Let's not have this argument. A professional has recommended them hun, so just how you'd listen to Cal or Luke, you should listen to them,"

"But I feel ugly,"

"You didn't like your braces at first, and now you like them," Viola said, "give it a go,"

"But,"- "Ava, you look beautiful with them on, and you have to wear them,"

Sadly, she nodded, looking down as she ate her food. Viola kissed my cheek and held my hand, the two of us hating to upset her. However, it was something I had paid for- it wasn't cheap- and that she had to wear.

After breakfast, we went back upstairs to brush our teeth and grab a jacket. Ava wore her glasses and then I found directions on my phone towards the fashion museum. Ava had mentioned designing clothes once, but both would appreciate having a look because they were suckers for nice clothing.

Viola had managed to find some really nice clothing for Ava at home.

We grabbed a drink on the way and I led them through the crowds, keeping hold of Ava. I was afraid she could slip away at any moment.

"We are going to a museum, but it is a museum of clothes,"

"Oh wow, that's amazing Ash,"

"Really!"

"Yeah, so put your bottle in my bag,"

At the entrance, I handed the tickets in and we entered, Ava looking round ecstatically. There were all sorts of clothes and shoes in every room, with information about the designers and the process.

To see her have a genuine interest and be so intrigued was beautiful.

"You can take some photos if you would like,"

"I am too busy,"

Knowing that she would regret that decision, I took some for her, Viola off in her own world. She was fascinated for the array of fantasy and urban shoes.

It was definitely worth the money. Even as someone not really interested in fashion, it was a unique and fun experience. Ava dragged me around to all the displays with the hugest smile.

"This place is so cool,"

"Feeling inspired?"

"Yeah. I want some cool clothes at home,"

"We can figure that out,"

"Thankyou so much,"

"You're welcome love, I am glad you are feeling happy,"

"Mum, are you enjoying it?"

"A lot, thankyou,"

"Go on, we can't be here all day,"

In the end, we spent a good couple of hours wandering around, and I just listened to what they both had to say. I barely understood it half the time, but I listened because this was what they were passionate about.

When we left, Ava was in such a good mood that nothing could break it. Not the fact that people kept bumping into her, not the loud chattering nor the cars honking. Not the restaurant being full, not having to walk around the park, which she would've despised at home if Milo wasn't present.

We spammed my mum with photos, and laughed between us while eating a sandwich on a bench.

This was my definition of perfect.

"I am sorry for arguing earlier," Ava said, "I am stuck in my old habits,"

"I don't think you are. I think they are a little comfort blanket that you go back to,"

"How do I not?"

"You've got to take a deep breath and step out of your comfort zone. It's really hard, but the best feeling when it pays off,"

"I do that everyday though,"

"Yeah, but you need to stay out of it,"

"Hm,"

We walked round and decided to go back to the hotel, the food market put forward to tomorrow.

Ava had a bath and read a book while Viola and I cuddled, looking at out view. It was an incredible difference from the nature at home, but there was something so welcoming about it.

Small towns were my favourite, but I would never rule out a city life.

Ava came back into our room and carried on reading, allowing Viola to plait her hair. It was the simplest thing to do that stayed in and meant we didn't have to fuss about washing it until we got home. At this point, with everyone so exhausted, we wanted it easy.

As a treat, I ordered room service, so we sat together on the sofa and ate. I'd noticed that all of us had been off our phones a lot more, and communicated so clearly- I enjoyed it. I felt blessed to be with my family, and I would say that over and over until everyone in the world knew.

The three of us got ready for bed and settled again, wondering where they day went. Wondering where this week, last month, last year went.

How does time move so fast when each day drags on like you're carrying a weight with you?

With as much privacy as we could get, Viola and I exchanged passionate kisses, and then hit our head on the pillow.

"Goodnight, you're so beautiful, and smart, and I hope you remember,"

"I guess opposites do attract," she sighed, giggling when I rolled my eyes, "I love you,"

And with one last kiss, we went to sleep.

When I woke up and remembered it was our last day of holiday, I wished it could last longer. I was back to work on Monday, helping Sophie get used to it, and then it was full on after that. Viola got a few less hours due to patients being sorted about, so she was making a start on the move with any help we could find.

But I wasn't going to be blue, I was going to make the most of it. We were all up early, and went for a light breakfast knowing plans for today.

"I dreamt about my new room," Ava giggled, "I had a fluffy blanket in winter,"

"You'll need that,"

"Yeah,"

"I can wear my lovely fluffy socks," Viola grinned, "you did well on them,"

Ava blushed and finished her orange juice, meaning we could get ready again. I knew that for Ava, being in a hotel was a weird concept, because lots of people were all sleeping in the same building. However, she also enjoyed going up to the room again and having a private space.

I made sure I had enough money, and only took the basics because there would be big crowds- plus, I wanted to keep track on my things. Ava kept her phone in the hotel on charge, and only I took my wallet.

As we entered the market, music and bursts of colour hit us. Sweet smells but also savoury smells drifted past us, and everyone looked full of life.

The place was bursting with it.

Every so often, we picked up a put of food, but the atmosphere was oddly enjoyable so we wandered a little too. Then, we found a seating area and shared out the boxes, trying out each dish.

Though Ava was picky, she enjoyed a couple of them, and that was enough for me. The fact that she was trying and exploring, out of her comfort zone.

Honestly, I just really hoped this energy lasted at home. We had to go to court, we had to transfer Marcus to out care and then move him in as soon as possible. There was the dread of school, and new classes, but if she had this attitude, she could do anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
123K 2.7K 39
SEQUEL TO SAFE Bella has never felt so safe in her life. The boys were helping her recover, and by adopting her, she felt like she had somewhere she...
53.4K 766 21
"Why would you want to be foster parents?" "For you, darling," "Would you want that?" "To live with you?" "Not just live with us, but for us to be...
53.9K 2K 47
Life could change in a split second. All you had to do was be in the right place, at the right time. Sometimes this was a disaster, but others, it tu...