I've Become the Demoness

By writerno980

All Xiu Xiang wanted was to live a life of fortune so that she would never have to struggle again. Who would'... More

Chapter 1-I've Become the Demoness
Chapter 2-The First Task
Chapter 3 - The Demoness's Natural Enemy
Chapter 4-Saved by the Enemy
Chapter 5-Saving the Enemy
Chapter 6-The Demoness is a Thief?
Chapter 7-The Hunt
Chapter 8-Saving the Enemy Again
Chapter 9-Spending a Night with the Enemy
Chapter 11- The Demon King
Chapter 12-Training with the Demon King
Chapter 13-The End of the Ten Years
Chapter 14-Robbed Under One's Nose
Chapter 15-The Enemy Gives Chase
Chapter 16-Mistaken for a Man
Chapter 17-The Enemy Catches Up
Chapter 18-The Demoness's First Minion
Chapter 19-The Enemy's Suspicions
Chapter 20-The First Fight with the Enemy
Chapter 21-Taking over as Demon King
Chapter 22-The Demoness is a Wedding Crasher
Chapter 23-The Illusion Mist
Chapter 24-The Illusion Mist (2)
Chapter 25-The Enemy Follows the Demoness Home
Chapter 26-Sharing a Bath with the Enemy
Chapter 27-The Enemy Joins a Harem
Chapter 28-Conditions
Chapter 29-Please Don't Leave Me
Chapter 30-Have you Fallen for Me?
Chapter 31-Jealousy
Chapter 32-Confrontation
Chapter 33-Hua Jian is a Traitor?
Chapter 34-The End?
Chapter 35-The Demoness is No More
Chapter 36-Captured
Chapter 37-Tortured
Chapter 38-Escape
Extra Chapter-Wang Yue
Chapter 39 - Where It All Began
Chapter 40-What Goes Around Comes Around
Chapter 41-Phoenix Lineage Awakens
Chapter 42-The Enemy Makes a Realization
Chapter 43-The Demoness Steals Again
Chapter 44-Black Bandit Group
Chapter 45-Troublesome Li Siblings
Chapter 46-Date with a Stalker
Chapter 47-The Maiden in Distress
Chapter 48-Life and Death Battle
Chapter 49-Black Bandit Group Appears
Chapter 50-Doubt vs Reckless Plan
Chapter 51-The Enemy's Plan Commences
Chapter 52-Heroine Vs Demoness
Chapter 53-Jealousy, Thy Name is Xiu Xiang
Chapter 54-Bathing with the Enemy Again
Chapter 55
Chapter 56-Adulterers
Chapter 57-Feelings

Chapter 10-Herded Like a Sheep

863 26 1
By writerno980

Xiu Xiang didn't know when she had fallen asleep but by the time she had awoken, sunlight was already pouring into the cave.

"Ah! My legs!" she cried as she looked down.

Wei Xing had spent the entire night using her as a human pillow until her legs went numb. It felt like thousands of ants were crawling over her legs.

Not wanting to wake him up, she gently pulled him off of her and laid him onto the ground.

She quickly checked his condition and found that the side effects of the medicine from yesterday seemed to have worn off as he was no longer shivering. She threw some more wood into the dying fire and then made her way to the exit of the cave.

"First things first. Let's find some food," Xiu Xiang said. She stretched her body out and made sure that there was no danger before she left the cave.

She didn't venture far when she came upon a stream.

There were plenty of fishes and she easily caught a few. Pulling out a knife from her bag, she cut up bamboo to use as a water container. Once she filled it up with fresh water from the stream, she started to backtrack towards the cave.

She could just see the entrance when she felt a dangerous presence closing in on her.

"How'd they managed to find them?" she thought.

Wei Xing covered their tracks so well.

Her head turned in the direction where the cave was. If she returned, she could possibly lead them back there.

If they were willing to kill her, they wouldn't mind killing Wei Xing off too. Right now, the poison hasn't subside and he was terribly weak. There was no way he can fend off four people even with her help. She could escape now and avoid detection but what if they find their way to the cave?

She racked her brains out and finally did something she would soon regret.

"Dammit, Wei Xing. Someday far off in the future when we meet again as enemies, you really have to remember this!" she thought bitterly. She hung the three fishes she had caught on a tree limb and leaned the bamboo container of water against the tree trunk.

He'll have something to eat when he comes searching for her, at least.

She purposely headed in the direction of the voices and made her presence known.

"Over there!" she heard Ren Wu Ji exclaimed.

"Fuck my life!" Xiu Xiang thought as she raced in a random direction. An arrow came zooming past her head and nearly cutting her ear off.

"Missed again!" she heard an angry voice spat.

Xiu Xiang was so going to remember this. Ren Wu Ji was just as bad as Wang Yue!

More arrows came zooming by and she barely managed to dodge them all. She could hear Ren Wu Ji's evil laughter of hunting his prey.

Just then she felt danger coming from her left.

Shit!

She nearly toppled over as she struggled to run forward. She shifted direction to the right and continued running. It seemed harder to run as her pathway started inclining but even then her pursuers couldn't catch up to her. Xiu Xiang dodged tree limbs and jumped over dead logs. She scraped her face and body as she ran but she didn't stop.

Once again, she felt danger getting closer but this time it was coming from the right. She veered off towards the left and felt a burst of adrenaline. The higher she climbed, the more out of breath she was. She was sure that she was going slower yet her pursuers still haven't caught up to her.

"Something's not right..." she thought.

Xiu Xiang could see a clearing up ahead. There was a dangerous roar the closer she got to the clearing. She burst out of the forest and into the clearing only to come to a shortstop.

Dead end.

In front of her was a cliff with a drop that was a hundred times higher than the first cliff that she had fallen from. What was worse than the dark abyss at the bottom, was the strange-looking gusts of wind. Her foot knocked a few pebbles off the cliff and the moment those pebbles met with the wind, it was sliced into dust.

Bottomless dark abyss...

Wind gusts that could slice anything to bits...

Xiu Xiang recognized the location just from its description.

"This is the Cliff of Abyss?!" Xiu Xiang cried.

This was the place where the original Demoness had caught Wang Yue and Song Yi Yan together. It was also the place where she was thrown off and eventually turning into the Demoness.

The storyline had veered off track a little but here she was, steered back onto the pathway of the demoness.

She looked at the bottomless pit of the cliff. One drop and you're a goner. Even if she had a sword to fly on, the draft was too strong to fly through. She had led herself straight to the turning point in the novel earlier than she had expected. No matter what Xiu Xiang did, she was going to end up as the Demoness.

"You're finally cornered," she heard a sharp voice say from behind her.

Xiu Xiang whipped around to see her teammates staring back at her. She finally understood why they never caught up to her. It wasn't because she was too fast, it was because they had purposely led her there. Like a sheep, she had been herded straight for the slaughterhouse.

"Make your choice, waste. Jump off yourself or we force you to jump off," Ren Wu Ji threatened.

"Why are you doing this?" Xiu Xiang cried.

"Why?" Wang Yue smirked as he took a step forward with his arrow notched on his bow. "Simple. I'd rather you die before me."

"What kind of reason is that?!" she retorted.

Wang Yue laughed as he pulled the string taut.

"Don't blame us. You only have yourself to blame, you cursed sow," he seethed.

Xiu Xiang peeked over her shoulder.

Can she really survive this fall? Wouldn't she be sliced to bits before she even makes it to the bottom?

She gulped and then turned back to her teammates. She laughed nervously as she tried to reason with them.

"Look, why don't we be civil about this, huh? You guys don't have to kill me. I'll disappear off this mountain and you'll never have to see me again," she suggested.

Ren Wu Ji grinned as he too aimed his arrow at her.

"Of course. You'll definitely disappear off this mountain and we'll never see you again," he repeated.

Xiu Xiang didn't like the sound of that. They were drawer closer toward her and she had no choice but to step back closer and closer towards the edge of the cliff.

"Listen! If I fall off this cliff, I swear I'll come back and haunt all of you!" she warned with her arms outstretched toward them.

"Haha! I rather deal with a ghost than someone who's alive," Wang Yue said.

Song Yi Yan, who stood behind him, smirked at her in triumph.

That confident look pissed Xiu Xiang off. She turned her attention to Liu Li. She was the only one who didn't have her bow drawn.

"Liu Li! We have no hatred for each other. Help me!" Xiu Xiang cried.

Liu Li simply stared back at her. There was a hint of pity but she did nothing to help.

"I'll give you to the count of three to jump off the Cliff of Abyss," Wang Yue threatened.

"You'll all regret this," Xiu Xiang said through gritted teeth as she imprinted every single one of their faces into her mind.

"The only thing I'll regret was not doing this sooner," Wang Yue said. "Three!"

Three arrows came flying at her. Her first instinct was to turn around and run, which was exactly what she did.

She raced for the edge of the cliff and threw herself off.

If it really was her fate to become the Demoness then so be it!

Continuous sharp pain after sharp pain.

It was as if someone was hacking away at her with a small blade, over and over. She could only scream out in agony as she fell while her entire body was being cut to pieces. The stench of iron filled her nose as her own blood splashed all around her. The sharp wind didn't let up once and she kept falling.

Falling.

Falling further.

She felt sick to her stomach as her body thrashed about like a lifeless doll.

"No more," she pleaded in her mind. Everything went dark and her back slammed first to the hard ground.

SMACK!

If her surrounding had lit up, Xiu Xiang was sure she would've gone blind from the impact. All the air in her lungs sucked out as she gasped for air only to cough out blood madly.

She was dead, wasn't she?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 3.4K 26
At the foot of the mountain was where she was thrown. Lan Xichen found her and took her in, naming her Lan Mingxia. Let's watch her grow up and find...
47.5K 757 20
Dong Jiahui, the daughter of the Dong family, was kicked out of the house by the Lu family because she had been married for three years and was unabl...
5.6K 449 105
Elysia has lived countless lives, constantly reincarnating into another world. Sometimes she picks the world, other times the goddess gives her a mis...
559 19 3
Du Rui, an exceptionally forgetful reader, finds himself transmigrated into one of the top male harem stallion novels, but as the antagonist. Now inh...