BE STILL. / woong

By woongmin

yes, i am still in love with you. More

0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2

1.3

297 22 33
By woongmin

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
can we talk?
you can take me from classes today, idk
i end at 3 i could just meet you nearby

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
sure babe ill fetch u!!
u want me to get u anything?

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
no its fine itll be quick
or well i hope it will

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
woah seems serious
u okay baby?? :(

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
yeah im good woong
i just
need to talk to you
about everything idk

ill just see you later okay
call me when you reach

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
okay

ill be here dayeon
u can text me whenever alright

LEE DAYEON knew better.

she knew better than to keep holding on. she knew better than to pretend that she didn't hear the whole argument last week. although some might protest and say it's only been a month or so since they reconciled, dayeon didn't want to get herself hurt again. as if she isn't already.

she couldn't focus in class. her mind was elsewhere, and her thoughts were all over the place. what was she even going to tell woong? that she'd heard everything and that she caught him cheating red-handed? just the thought of it was ridiculous. she always finds herself at a loss for words in front of woong. she hates it.

"woah, you're out far," dayeon gets a snap back to reality when she feels a flick to her temple. her good friend saerin is standing beside her, her textbook held to her chest. "class is over, dummy. you wanna grab some lunch at the cafeteria with me before you go?"

dayeon blinks, before composing herself and grabbing her stuff. "oh, sure," she slings her bag over one shoulder, trailing behind saerin. she hopes the girl doesn't notice she was way out of it today.

but well, whoops.

"what's with you, dayeon? you were so out of it today. you good?" she frowns. "your notebook was open the whole time but you didn't write a single thing other than the date. talk about stress, babe. before the lecture you even told me you were gonna really listen and take everything down."

dayeon shrugs. "i don't know, i'm just tired, i guess," she lies — straight through her teeth. "i've been at the studio a lot, maybe that's why."

saerin takes a big bite of her omelette rice. "the studio?" she pushes. "is this about your boyfriend, dayeon?"

and there it goes. "what? of course not," dayeon shakes her head. "we're doing fine, thank you very much. i'm meeting him after this. it's nothing like that, saerin."

the college student shrugs it off after a while. dayeon had left her after she got a text from woong telling her he's outside. and now she's dreading it — walking slowly, shoving her hands in the pockets of her pullover. her heart is beating so fast in her chest she thinks it'll burst.

"hi," he greets her, a soft smile plastered onto his face. "where are we going?" god, dayeon wants to scream. he can't do this. it's like he knows all her weak points. he's talking to her all soft and quiet like that? sickening.

they're just walking, out of college grounds, down the main road street. she buys time to prepare herself, write the script in her head, but at times like these when she's under a shit ton of pressure, nothing goes through her brain. and it's also times like these that she regrets a lot of decisions — namely getting back with her ex-boyfriend, among other things.

after much thought, they'd decided to go back to the studio. with the building almost three-quarters empty, at least if she has to walk out, she can do it with almost no one seeing her. they find themselves in one of the smaller rooms nearer to back exit of the building, a little more quiet and secluded. they didn't bother seeing who else was in the same place.

"okay? we can talk now," he sits cross-legged in front of her, hands on his lap, head cocked to the side. he looks like a kid. "is there something wrong?"

yes, of course there's something wrong. i think you know what is it but i highly doubt you'll admit it because you think i didn't hear anything. what do you take me for? a joke? i'll be honest with you. i heard it all. you said i meant nothing to you? alright, i'll take it. let's just break up, woong. we both knew it wasn't going to work, anyway. what were we even thinking? that whatever we had in high school was going to last up till now? that's kind of messed up. and you know what? maybe you should just go to rohee. maybe she gets you more than i do. i mean, you love her, right? just go, woong. i have nothing else to say. this is over.

as if.

"on second thought, no, not really," she fibs. "nevermind. don't think about it, okay? it's just a trivial issue." even when woong prods and provokes, dayeon stands ground and tells him to brush it off.

after several failed attempts, he gives up and puts his head in her lap. he plays with her fingers, presses kisses to the tips, leans into her touch when she pushes his light hair out of his eyes, his forehead. now that she can do everything she always wanted to, it's a weird feeling that bubbles up inside her. she holds herself back and stops, but woong takes her hand and puts it back to his head.

and they talk. about their day, the weather. who they think is going to be the next duet for the month's covers, who has a crush on who. they talk about rohee, youngmin. they laugh about how much rohee and donghyun dislike each other.

although they're laughing like the old times, dayeon can't quite get it out of her head. the whole argument replayed in her head like a broken radio, his words like a blade stabbed into her chest. dayeon means nothing to me. she shut her eyes close and leaned back until her head touched the wall. dayeon means nothing to me.

"what are you thinking about?" his voice is like the wind.

dayeon shifts her gaze back to him. "me? oh, it's nothing."

"you're hiding something from me. i can see that," he sits up and takes both of her hands, placing them in his lap. "talk to me about it, dayeon. i'm your boyfriend, after all."

my boyfriend who tells another girl i mean nothing to him? "really, woong, i'm fine," she reassures, gently squeezing his hands. "can we just go home? i'm tired."

they walk to the bus stop, all the while with woong tightly holding her hand. it's silent again, with the sound of feet shuffling accompanying them. the wind is softly tickling their cheeks as they pad down the sidewalk. not a single word is exchanged, even when they reach the little porch and sit down beside each other.

woong turns to face her. "you can talk to me, okay? i just want you to know that," he speaks after a long silence. "you mean a lot to me. i'm just looking out for you, i want to take care of you like i'm supposed to. for old time's sake."

she glances at him, hand still in loosely in his hold. "yeah, i know. for old time's sake," she nods her head carelessly. "i just don't want to lose you again. that's all, woong."

he pulls her in by her shoulders until she's leaning on him, drops a kiss to her head. "you'll never lose me, dayeon. i'm not going anywhere."

but dayeon thinks, hasn't she already lost him?

𓆝𓆟𓆜𓆞

yeah uh NO fuck u jeon woong

woongyeon HALFWAY disbandment party bc woong made points today during kcon . other than that woong no rights

i just want youngyeon to date and donghee to stop being dumb little bitches and face the facts that theyre actually soulmates ok this is a woong fic but i think i made everyone hate woong and thats just the greatest accomplishment ever

OH YES thank you for 2k!!!!!!!!!!! mwahmwah and for skinny rankings yall kept me #1 on jeonwoong for SO LONG and now we #1 on brandnewboys AND #2 on ab6ix hehe ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 191 15
"Come closer, hold me tight Tonight we are meant to be together " β™‘β™‘
My Love By Avery

Fanfiction

13.7K 237 30
My love for you never dies.
10.9K 494 35
Λšβœ§β‚ŠβŽ π€ππŸ”πˆπ— ⁎⁺˳✧༚ γ€Œ completed 」 ❝life feels so complete when we're together, i love that feeling. ❞ γ€Š highest ranks 》 #2 in jeonwoong: 011320 #2...
86.5K 5.1K 23
❝ i like you, but i'm just kidding. ❞ +social media au ─completed: aug. 07, 2020