A Trial by Halves

By moosesforgooses

What would have happened if Ye Huas plan to die in he Mermaid Wars had been Successful? What would have happe... More

Prologue
No Regrets
A New Life
A Shimmer of Red
A New World
Gems
A Rainbow Halo
A Patch of Sky
Suspicions.
Who Are You?
A Growing Enigma
More Questions
Deductions
Are You......?
When Energy Collides
When Worlds Collide
More Questions
The Spell
Deductions.
The House
The visitor
A Stronger Hold
The Return
A Flicker of Comprehension
Questions, Answers and Tender Eyes
Dreams
Instability
Unravelling the Seal 1
Unraveling the Seal 2
A Time to Talk
The Odd One Out
Lian Song Speaks
Choices.
Not so Docile
The Struggle
Punishment
A Little more Understanding
Is She or Not?
Disobedience
First Warning.
One More Sacrifice
"Bad"
A Whisper in the Dark
The Voice
A Voice in The Mirror
Beyond Fear
On Borrowed Time
Another Voice in the Dark
Decisions
Spiritual Connections
Change of Plans
No Looking Back
A Race Against Time.
The Awakening
Truth and Lies
Rage
Four for All
The Final Battle 1
The Final Battle 2
Days of Healing
The Truth
The Long Road to Healing.
Paying Debts
Punishment
Guilty
A Hidden Force
A Little Death
Agony
A Flicker of Calm
A Smile not so Bright
Just One More Sacrifice
How Much More?
One Piece at a Time
Shame
Eyes of Honey Brown
Distance
Uncertainty
A Little Step Forward
A Moment in Time
Echoes of the Past
Home
Overbearing
Her Sacrifice
100 Ways - Part 1
All in One Lifetime
A Little Victory
Epilogue

100 Ways - Part 2

1K 51 17
By moosesforgooses

Waking the next morning, Bai Qians eyes remained closed as her mind slowly went over the night before.  The anger had now completely gone and the smile was hovering at the corners of her mouth as their love making the night before played through her mind as a kind of erotic dream that was leaving her feeling more than a little embarrassed.  Nothing of herself had been kept from him and not only had he loved her in a way that had made Su Su blush heavily, but he had eventually taken them both to bed where he had made love to her all over again.

Not that she had anything to be ashamed of, if anything, it had been her lack of reservation that had her blushing in a giddy girlish kind of way, because unlike Su Su, or rather, that part of her that had dominated her trial, Bai Qian had thoroughly enjoyed herself and she was more than happy to give him what she now knew was his favoured position anytime he wanted it.

"Insatiable...." she whispered to herself with a soft chuckle.

Though having allowed her thoughts to pass through her lips, her eyes snapped open.  Ye Hua was a very light sleeper who could hear a leaf passing by the window on a light breeze and expecting him to have heard her, she was surprised to find herself alone in the bed.

Sitting up to look around, the fire was still glowing hot though the flames were no longer flickering, and beside the bed was a fresh pot of tea and breakfast which instantly had her tummy rubbling, but Ye Hua was no longer there.  Though she wasn't too concerned.  Having just returned home, she understood that he had many duties to fulfil, people to talk to and friendships to be picked again, so taking her time to enjoy the meal, she then rose to dress herself before calling out for the maid she assumed would be hovering outside the doors.

Only no sound came which soon had her throwing the doors wide to find the entire court empty, not even a single guard was on duty and though she still wasn't overly concerned, she did think it odd that he would leave no one to attend to her regardless of the breakfast.  Then again, it had been hot when she awoke so whoever delivered it, wouldn't be too far away and seeing as they would return for the dishes, she was soon out in the hallways searching for the exit or at least the maid seeing as the Palace halls were a maze of twists and turns.

So for a time, she found herself discovering even more hidden chambers which to her amazement held their own private courts behind high flowered walls and what amazed her more, was no two chambers were alike.  They all had their own unique style and they even had their own manicured gardens which she noticed were being cared for, but by whom she wasn't sure.  And before she knew it, she was well and truly lost in a maze of outer halls and unoccupied chambers while not a single maid appeared, leaving her to roam freely until eventually she tired herself out completely.

Ending up in yet another chamber seeing as she couldn't find the one she had spent the previous night in, she wondered how long it would take for Ye Hua to find her, or if he had already sent someone to fetch her.  Lying down to take a nap, she was a little worried, but knowing she would be found eventually, her eyes once again fluttered closed just as a thin layer of energy began to sweep the chamber in search of her.

____

Rising well before dawn as had been expected of him in the past, Ye Hua realized that old habits just never died even though he wished his body would for once let him sleep beside her for a little longer.  He knew she was tired, he had taken everything from her the night before, so calling the maid to prepare her breakfast, before sending her to attend to Er Li who was due to rise at any moment, Ye Hua had then set off for Taichen Palace where he was expected to give a report on what decisions he may have come to before taking them to his Grandfather.

And it was in the Grand Hall that Ye Hua found himself explaining that his marriage to Bai Qian in the Mortal Realm was what she was stubbornly clinging to while refusing to accept a second wedding.

"It cannot be recognized as legitamate Ye Hua.  You must marry in the Nine Heavens if you are to take on the role of Skylord which you are destined to do." his Grandfather stated firmy as Lady Le Xu quietly moved to stand beside her son.

"He is right Ye Hua.  I know you love her but you have suffered far too much for her already.  It is time...."

"No mother.   All trials that I have faced were brought about by my own actions willingly and without reservation.  If anything, I would not be standing here before you had she not worked tirelessly to bring me back.  It is this family that caused my suffering and this family that saw me flee in the first place." he said softly enough, but the whiplash was felt by all of them.

Looking down at her son in horror, Lady Le Xu realized that Ye Hua had changed.  He was no longer willing to bow just to please those around him, and nor would he take any guidance from her regardless of the heartbreak that she too had faced at losing him.  In fact, unknown to him or anyone else, she had begged on her knees for days to Heaven itself to give him back to her, even going so far as to hunger strike.  It was only when she was close to unconsiousness that her husband put an end to it and forced her into the infirmary.  But she never gave up hope that the Heavens would listen and give her this one wish despite the stubbornness on his face now and all for that woman who she still believed was the sole reason for his death.

"Ye Hua.  There will be no Coronation unless you marry officially, otherwise Bai Qian will have be be relegated to a mere side consort." she tried to reason with him only to jump back when he rose to his feet to tower over her.

"You would dare to suggest that the Queen of Qing Qiu and the only High Goddess this world possesses should be relegated to a mere side consort?" he asked incredulously.

"Then what do you suggest Ye Hua?  Because as far as I can determine, there is no other way around it." his Grandfather intervened and beginning to lose his patience.

"There is a way.  It will still be considered legal, however you may not like it." he stated flatly at his mother in particular while his Grandfather rose to his feet to make his way down towards him.

And though he listened to what Ye Hua had to say, and could see sense in it, even going so far as to agreeing, his mother did not, and it was then that Ye Hua realized if there was to be any true healing for all concerned, then his wife and his mother were going to have to talk it through between themselves.

But with at least one major issue dealt with, he was finally free to seek her out and hopefully gain that compromise he knew would settle the issue once and for all, only the moment he entered his Palace, he not only realized she was not there, but nor was Er Li.

"Where is Er Li?" he asked.  He had not seen him since that morning when he arrived to change his clothing.

"He is in the kitchens assisting with dinner." the maid replied before smacking her head against the floor so hard, having thought she was in trouble for not keeping him with her, that Ye Hua was on the ground dragging her back up to check her head.

"It is fine if he wants to play in the kitchen.  It is good that he has an interest is it not?" he chided her softly before suddenly remembering another little maid he had all but deserted when he threw himself into Zhutian Terrace.

"Nai Nai used to be his maid.  Where is she?" he asked.

"She was returned to Deity Mountain." the little maid replied before immediately lowering herself once again to smack her head against the ground, and this time because she had not known of the other maid which she should have.

Leaving her bowing behind him seeing as nothing he said would stop any of the maids from hurting themselves, he then left for deity mountain to collect Nai Nai and by the time he returned, dinner was already ready for him.  And seeing as Er Li had all but tired himself out having also worn out the kitchen staff, Ye Hua put him to bed early before going in search of his mother having finally realized that she may have actually gotten herself lost in the halls of Xiwu Palace.

And with a little tracking magic, he was soon locked onto her energy which rather than feeling anxious which he thought she might be, her energy was feeling far too calm.  Following the trail of energy she had left in the hallways, he burst into laughter as he wove a giddy path from one chamber to another and not only was she nowhere near the exit, but her lingering energy in the hallways suggested she had visited several chambers in her search for the exit before settling herself down to sleep.

Which is exactly how he found her even though a maid had entered with her evening meal which was now cold.  In fact, he had given the express order for the maids to not only remain out of sight knowing she would struggle to find her way out on her own, but the maids were only to ensure she received a meal before disappearing so he could love her all over again in the second of one hundred chambers which he planned to do in order to get her used to his Palace.

_____

Several days passed and each time, she awoke to find herself alone while Ye Hua dealt with the official business and a wedding she he had yet to advise her of, though a trip to Qing Qiu and a meeting with her father soon had the finer details drawn up and no sooner did he have a the relevant signatures, then he was one again making himself dizzy as he followed her energy while shaking his head in amazement that she still hadn't found her way out yet.

She was safe enough and several times he had sent Er Li to keep her company, only having understood what his father was trying to achieve, Er Li was pulled on board to also keep her there until eventually he arrived at yet another chamber to find her pacing the room.

"Ye Hua! Where have you been?  You know I can't stay here another night, I need to go home!" she snapped angrily before bursting into tears.  

"Darling, you know I have to attend court...." he began only to jump back when her hand took hold of his robe and yanked him towards her.

"And you know I can't find my out of this mess.  There's no maids and no guards, take me out of here now!" she demanded only to end up in his arms and back in bed where he immediately set about kissing her tears away.

But this time she was not going to allow him to set her on fire again.  This time he found himself being rolled over so that she was on top.  

"Fourteen days I have been stuck in this maze, fourteen chambers you have had your pleasure, but I've had enough Ye Hua." she said forcefully before jumping off the bed and putting distance between them.

"One hundred chambers Qian Qian.  Did you forget what I said?" he asked rising off the bed to close the gap and with a look in his eye that was beginning make her very afraid.

"I said I would not go through another wedding, not when our Mortal one is legitimate in my eyes, and nor will I live here.  You can keep me here for five hundred years and I wont change my mind." she replied stubbornly.

"Then what if I told you that your father has agreed to a simple Qing Qiu wedding.   There need only be a few of your family present, but it will be considered legal." he smiled softly at her as her hunched shoulders stiffened beneath him.

"What?"

"Grandfather will accept it as a legitmate wedding so long as it is held in the Immortal Realm.  A Qing Qiu wedding is legitimate and your mother was very excited to host it."he informed her slowly and clearly.

Her eyes were bulging out of her head, because she had assumed the only kind of wedding that would satisfy the Celestials was a Celestial wedding.

"And your mother?" she asked trying not to screw her face up.

"Other than my Grandfather and Lord Pua who will need to be there to witness the ceremony, no one else will be there if you don't want them there." he said softly, though she definitely caught a tinge of sadness in his eyes which he quickly hid.

Nodding her head, she merely lay her head against his chest in resignation.  This was definitely one compromise she was willing to concede to but as for living among his people, this was something she was absolutely dead set against so Ye Hua knew he was going to have to make a few concessions of his own if he was to keep her beside him.

And so the talking for that day was over and though he promised to lead her out the next day, he had meant what he said about there being one hundred ways to at least make her listen even if he couldn't make her change her mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...