Locked Hearts - Complete

By Heva29

Tessa has already found and lost her mate at the tender age of 16. But she was blessed with her twin boys. No... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 & Epilogue

Chapter 10

1K 51 2
By Heva29

The next day I was walking with my boys to the clinic. It was Saturday and they were going to help me today. I scoff at that thought. Let's see how long before they find a excuse to leave.

As we're walking Wendy stops us with a wave and smile. I tense and give her a fake smile.

"Tessa! How are you? And your lil boys? It's great to see you walking, mums need to keep in shape. Not me though, at least not yet, but Daly sure was trying to knock me up last night! If you know what I mean!?" She says with a smirk and a wink.

"It means you like everyone to know that you're a whore!" Tyler says coldly. I choke on the laughter I'm trying to suppress.

"HOW DARE YOU!" She shrieks at him. I tense up at her yelling at my son.

"Wendy, I don't give a shit how many times, in how many positions or how hard Daly fucked you! If you ever raise your voice at my son like that again, I'm going to be the one who fucks you with a hot poker up your fat ass! Got it!?" I growl at her menacingly.

My wolf flashes her eyes at the bitch too. Nobody messes with our pups! Suddenly Daly came around one of the buildings and Wendy threw herself into his arms.

"Oh Daly, please help me! She threatened me, and called me fat! You don't think I'm fat do you? You didn't say anything about me being fat last night!" She says with a nasty look my way.

I blank my expression and shake my head at her. Ridiculous.

"My mum doesn't threaten! If she warned you, then she'll definitely do it!" Ryder says calmly.

"Why did you threaten Wendy?" Daly asks me with a frown. It's the first words he's spoken to me in a fortnight. And it's about another woman!

"It's nothing!" I say with a shrug.

"She tried to attack me when I told her you were at my place last night!" She says with a sob. So fake

"Actually, you told all three of us that Daly was fucking you last night and trying to get you pregnant. Then when I told you that you were a whore you shouted at me! And after my mum told you she doesn't care if you fuck Daly, that's when she threatened you with a hot poker up your ass for yelling at me!" Tyler says with a smirk

"Yeah, nobody here cares where Daly is wetting his dick! If it's not with our mum then we don't care. And if he's been with you we don't want him near our mum. Who knows what diseases you've got!" Ryder adds in.

Daly pushes Wendy away from him roughly.

"What the fuck!?" He snarls at her.

"Daly, they're lying. I never said that!" Wendy says quickly. I frown in confusion. Does he not want people to know that they're fucking?

"The twins don't lie! Why would you lie about something like that? It's disgraceful! I was helping her dad fix a few broken tiles on their roof last night. I actually fell off the ladder halfway down and landed in a rose bush! I have never had anything romantic or sexual to do with Wendy! And now I'll never have a friendship with her either!" He says, talking to the boys. My face reddens slightly when I realise my comments about the thorns were pretty accurate. But like always I jumped to the worst case scenario.

Wendy ran away at Dalys look of contempt. She was crying for real now but I have no sympathy for women like that. I sigh as it goes quiet after she's out of sight. I nod to Daly and continue on my way like that whole episode never happened.

I was walking for a bit when I noticed the boys weren't following me. I turn back and see them talking with Daly in low but serious voices.

"Let's go guys. We have lots to do. I've got that guy from the neighbouring pack coming by today to see how we run our clinic." I remind them. They nod.

"Ok, can Daly come with us? He's going to show us some fighting moves and teach us a bit about patrol routes. If he helps us we can be finished quicker!" Ryder says. I'm shaking my head before he's even done speaking.

"No. I mean, Daly is the head warrior, I'm sure he's very busy, and if he's going to be spending time with you two, then I'm sure he has his own work to finish!?" I say as calmly as I can.

I don't want to be anywhere near Daly in the clinic. As it is I have flashbacks every time I walk into that exam room.

"I'm actually free today, that's why I thought it would be a good chance to spend time with my boys!" He says with a laugh.

"They're not your boys! But fine, if you want to waste your morning cleaning that's your prerogative!" I say with a shrug. I turn back to the clinic and this time I hear them following.

I'm able to stay away from Daly all morning. We clean and organise and all that's left to do is that exam room. I take in a deep breath and tell myself to get over it. He obviously has.

I march into that room and yank the sheets off roughly. I hear a laugh behind me. I spin around and stare at the handsome stranger.

"What did those sheets ever do to you to piss you off? Just so I know not to do the same is all!" He says with a cheeky grin. I relax and laugh with him.

"Nothing, just a bad encounter with someone this morning. You must be Maxwell right?" I ask him holding my hand out to shake his.

"Yep, but please just call me Max. I'm hoping you're Tessa?" He asks flirtatiously. My cheeks redden.

Other than Daly, guys have never flirted with me. Earlier because I had the boys and went nowhere, and later because they all assumed I was with Alex. It was a nice feeling having someone admire you enough to put in the effort to flirt. I roll my eyes at him playfully 

"Yes I'm Tessa. Let me show you around. I was told you weren't staying so I have everything ready to go!" I tell him.

I had sent the boys and Daly off to eat earlier and they returned just as Max and I were finishing up. I was showing him our computer program as they walked in. I was seated at the computer with Max leaning over my shoulder watching what I was doing. I hear Daly clear his throat and then scowl at Max. I look at the time in surprise when I see them.

"Oh no, sorry Max, I completely lost track of time! I'm just so proud of everything our pack and Alpha has done that I get carried away when I start showing it off! I hope you didn't miss your ride!?" I ask him anxiously. He nods and shrugs.

"I did but it was worth it. Spending the day with you is worth it. You have alot of amazing things here to show me!" He says. I blink at him. Is he hitting on me? No. He means the clinic I'm sure. I clear my throat nervously.

"Uh, hey guys, meet Max, he's a pack healer, Max these are my boys Tyler and Ryder!" I say proudly, because I'm always proud of my pups. They cross their arms over their chests, scarily mimicking Daly behind them.

"Our dad's a healer!" Says Tyler. Max tenses slightly in surprise.

"You're mated?" He asks confused. I understand it. Since my episode with Daly my mark had completely vanished. Even my scent had changed I'm told. I shake my head.

"I was. He's passed now!" I say. He places a conciliatory hand on my shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze. Daly tenses at his touch and takes a small step forward but is impeded by the twins standing in front of him.

"And you are?" Max asks him, noticing the movement too.

"That's Daly! He's our mums boyfriend!" Tyler says. I choke on the gasp I inhaled.

"What!? He is not!" I say to the boys in shock.

"Well he has to be! You came home smelling like him! You're not a whore so he must be your boyfriend!" Ryder says with total conviction. I see Daly smirk at my dumbstruck expression.

"You know what, we'll discuss this at home. Alone." I say quickly as I see Tyler open his mouth to comment. That will only end in my complete mortification. I face Max.

"I'm so sorry about them! I wish I can say this is unusual behavior but I'd be lying. Daly is nothing more than our packs head warrior. My boys want to be warriors too so he's been kind enough to show them some things"

"Warriors? Your dad and mum are both healers and you two want to be warriors!?" Max asks, slightly condescending.

"We are from Alpha blood! Our mum is Alpha, she is a warrior! She just also heals!" Tyler says with his fists clenched angrily.

"You are not better than a warrior because you had to go to school longer! You might have to heal someone who's injured, but it's a warrior who goes into battle to protect your life so you can do so!" Says Ryder. Oh Snap! Max gives a tense smile and nods at them both.

"You have fair points. I'm sorry for any insult I made." Then he faces me. "Since I missed my ride and I'm stuck here for the night, how about we do dinner together. Just as friends of course. My shout!" Max says with a laugh.

"Sure, sounds good. Just friends!" I make sure he's comprehending.

"Of course Tessa. I'm not trying to step on any toes, although you did say you were single!" He says with a cheeky wink. I roll my eyes playfully and laugh.

"Ok, I'll pick you up from your cabin at 8!? I need to go see the Alpha and Luna now. Congratulate them on their amazing clinic and healer!" He says. I nod with a small smile. I hope he knows this isn't a date. Just friends like he said!

"You guys can go now, I'm just going to close up and leave for the day too!" I say to the twins.

"Seriously! You can't go on a date with him! He's a douche!" Tyler says. I sigh.

"I'm not going on a date with him. We're just having dinner. As friends!" I explain.

"Lunch is for friends, dinner, especially if he's paying, is a date!" Says Ryder with a scoff. I look at Daly, my eyes wide open.

"What? That can't be true! Is it? I told him 'just friends'!" Daly looks surprised at my reaction.

"Have you never gone on a date before!?" He asks in shock. I suddenly remember who I'm talking to and my face flames red.

"No she hasn't! That's why the douche was able to trick her!" Tyler says.

"I have so gone on a date!" I say heatedly. Ryder scoffs even louder this time.

"Your fake date with Alex doesn't count because you knew it wasn't real!" He says with an eye roll.

I turn off the computer and herd the three nosy males out of the clinic as I lock up.

"You two are 8 years old! You've never dated either so keep your opinions to yourself!" I tell them. Daly opens his mouth and I hold a hand up to stop him.

"You've shown zero interest in me in weeks, so anything you have to say means nothing to me!" I say.

I walk home, hoping Daly didn't hear the hurt in my voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.1K 21
Sienna thought she had it all. A house. Engaged to a man she thought she loved. But all that turned upside down the night she went to that club. Zack...
9.7K 336 25
Sarah is 16years old and happens to be a werewolf. Her past has left her scarred and she can't trust anyone. She was left at a young age by her paren...
140K 1.6K 27
~Formaly The story of a werewolf and his mate~ Sapphire was just a normal 17 year old in high school until her 18th birthday when she discovers a hug...
20 1 8
Lydia is a 19 year old warrior princess trained by her father Alpha Dante of Blood Moon to destroy any threat that dare comes for her pack. She and h...