The Perfect Illusion

By SuicidalGooze

Stephen Strange has always been an excelling student. Despite his hands' disabilities, that doesn't stop him... More

The Doctor
Shattered Dreams
Fool
Corruption
Relief
Treacherous Butterflies
A Good Bad Idea
A Favor
We're Teaming up
He Seems Odd
It's Tourist Stuff
Tiniest Bit Impressed
Bitter Daisies
Let Me Show You
This Charming Man
Get Out
Lipstick Boys Pt. 1
Lipstick Boys Pt. 2
Lvr boΓΏ
SoFISHticated Feelings
Wildflowers
You Can Borrow My Clothes
Help Me Back up
Sliiping Lately
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Daisies and Butterflies
Hang On Little Tomato
Take Your Time
A Changed Man
A Healthier Happier You
Heaven Is a Bedroom
Green
Thunderstorm
An Old School Friend
The Final Solution
Now You Know
Get Up
Marionette
Host
I'm Really Tired
A Cry For Help
Do Not Hurt Him
He's Here
Resurfacing
All Along
The Shadow Man
This Is Me
Magnolia
I-It's Mr. Stark!
And the Party Goes On

Get Trashed

1.1K 78 246
By SuicidalGooze

Narrator's POV

"Mornin'." Tony greeted, walking into the dinning room.

Stephen was sitting at the table, reading his book, not looking up. "Anthony."

"Tony. Anthony makes me feel old." Tony took a seat next to him, smiling at Stephen. His hair still messy, and he wore a blue robe that remained opened, as well as his Ironman slippers.

"The slippers are new." Stephen said, still into his book.

"Like em'?" Tony asked tapping the floor a few times.

"Tacky." Stephen said.

"Is your tea a different brand or something?" Tony asked, taking the mug in his hand.

"Wait, don't-"

"Lavender usually has a smell to it-" Tony stopped, sniffing the tea. "Is this..."

"Oh, shut up." Stephen said.

"You've been drinking whisky this entire time?!" Tony stood from his chair.

Stephen rolled his eyes at Tony's dramatic reaction. "How else am I suppose to put up with you all day?" He smiled.

"It's not even nine o'clock in the morning!" Tony said.

Stephen threw his hands up in the air. "Why does the time even matter?"

"You have no idea how bad this stuff is for your body this early in the morning." Tony said.

"So what?" Stephen said. "We're all destined to die someday." He said. "It's my choice to speed to process."

"Geez, Wizard." Tony said.

Stephen's head perking up.

"You've really got to clean up your act." Tony said. "I mean, not even I got up to-"

"Wizard." Stephen said.

"Hm?" Tony looked at him.

Stephen stood from his chair.

Thoughts unbinding in his mind.

Blurry memories popping into his mind.

"Where did you...?" Stephen looked at Tony, tilting his head.

"What are you talking about?" Tony asked.

Stephen shook his head. "Never mind." He said. "We need to go out today."

"Wow, you?" Tony asked, looking around. "You want to go out today?"

"Why not?" Stephen said. "It's my day to treat us and take you out for a walk." He put the book down, uncrossing his legs and standing up. "Gotta make sure you get all your energy out before you start bothering me at night."

"Are you serious?" Tony asked.

"Was I not clear enough? Or are you naturally this slow?" Stephen asked.

Tony chuckled. "Alright, Mister Funny Pants." He said. "Let me get dressed."

///0///0

"Here you go." A man behind a wooden counter said, placing two green bottles of beer on the counter in front of Tony and Stephen.

"Thanks." Tony grabbed his bottle. He popped the top off with a bottle opener on a wooden pillar next to him.

They had gone into the Ole Waterin' Hole Pub.

Tony began to drink.

Stephen leaned against the counter with a cigarette in hand, puffing a cloud of smoke out.

This pub was smoker friendly, which was a shame really. It was a really nice pub.

The interior was completely made of wood, with neon signs everywhere. The windows had colorful glass with designs. Pool tables here and there. There was a jukebox in the corner playing good music.

There was laughter and happiness in the air.

Everyone was having a good time.

Tony laughed along with a crowd that chanted "Chug, chug, chug, chug" as two men chugged beer from their pints. "Woo!" Tony laughed as everyone clapped with the winner. He turned to Stephen. "Hey, you need some..." Tony stopped his talking when he saw how a red neon sign gave Stephen's side of the face a perfect glow.

Everything seemed to slow down when his eyes fell on him.

Every second was precious.

He watched as Stephen stuck the cigarette in his mouth and breathed in.

The little flame consuming the white paper.

Then came the cloud of smoke that's Stephen blew out, giving him a much more attractive and sexy filter in Tony's eyes.

He would've kept staring only if the smoke hasn't burned his eyes and entered his nose. He coughed.

Stephen turned to him.

"What?" Stephen asked.

Tony cleared the smoke out of his face. "I was just..." He coughed. "...asking if you needed some help opening your bottle since you know..." Tony shrugged. "Your hands."

"Hm?" Stephen looked next to him, seeing the green glass bottle. "Oh. Uh, sure." He handed it to Tony.

Tony popped the cap off.

"Cheers." Stephen said, raising up a little before taking a gulp. He looked out at the crowd of people. "Look at them." He said.

Tony looked back at the people.

They were laughing, smiling. Having a good time.

Tony smiled. "Yeah."

"Literal animals." Stephen said, taking another gulp. "Their mere existence insults me-"

"Their happiness is contagious." Tony said.

"Hm?" Stephen turned to him.

"Everyone's laughing. Enjoying themselves." Tony said. "This is what life should be about."

"You think so?" Stephen asked.

"Of course. Live life. No regrets. Have a laugh, and if life gives you a few rough bumps and bruises, get back up." Tony said, smiling and turning to Stephen. "Don't you think?"

Stephen looked at him, watching as Tony's eyes twinkled with the neon light of the signs around them.

~shatter~

Stephen and Tony quickly looked toward the sound of glass shattering in the pub.

"Stephen Strange." Came the voice of a man as he came through a portal with his hood over his face.

Other portals opened next to him, sorcerers ready.

"Ah, shit." Stephen sighed. He bumped his fists together and pulled them apart, forming shields.

Boom Boom Whoosh

"How did they find us?" Tony asked, readying his suit.

"Gentlemen, please take this outside." Said the bartender.

"I don't know, but prepare yourself." Stephen said, the purple marks taking over his face and the red mark settling in the bridge of his forehead. "These guys are some of the elite force."

"You're coming with us." Said the sorcerer with the hood, forming a yellow spear.

"I don't think so." Stephen said, levitating and throwing a powerful force at them, pushing the hooded one back and into the jukebox.

Ooh
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life

"Argh!" The hooded sorcerer went at Stephen. "Get him!" He shouted.

The sorcerers began to attack and Stephen began to fight.

"Stay down." Tony told the bartender before flying into the air and blasting sorcerers left and right.

Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Dig in the dancing queen

"Hah!" Stephen whipped away a sorcerer coming toward him, then used a clear blade to slice one's thigh that stood behind him.

"Argh!" He groaned before Stephen relieved him of his head.

"Ah!" Stephen kicked someone away, spinning quickly to drive a clear blade through another's abdomen.

Tony flew around, blasting sorcerers coming for him and Stephen.

Suddenly something landed on top of him and drove a yellow spear through his shoulder pad, pulling the right arm of his armor off.

"Jarvis." He called.

Critical damage-

"Uh!" Tony groaned as he was kicked back into the counter by the sorcerer that jumped on his shoulder.

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for a place to go
Where they play the right music
Getting in the swing
You come to look for a king

"Ah!" The sorcerer ran at him with a sword, but Tony moved out of the way. The sorcerer ran into the counter top, causing a green bottle to fly into the air.

Tony caught the bottle, took a sip and smashed it over the sorcerer's head.

You come to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy

Tony looked at Stephen, who was struggling. "Stephen!" He called.

Stephen turned to him.

Tony threw the broken bottle to him.

Stephen caught it and drove it right into the throat of a sorcerer.

Blood gushing everywhere as the sorcerer chocked.

Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music
Everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance

Stephen made his way to Tony, and Tony did the same.

The two were back to back, blasting and shooting small glowing triangles at incoming sorcerers. They were unstoppable.

They both looked at each other.

Stephen put the broken bottle to his lips, and Tony joined him.

"You can dance. You can jive having the time of your life. Ooh, see that girl. Watch that scene. Dig in the dancing queen. Dig in the dancing queen." They sang.

Stephen sent an invisible blast, impaling all the remaining sorcerers as the song came to an end.

Tony smiled at Stephen, laughing. "That..." He gasped. "That was exciting, Wizard."

There it was again.

That word.

Wizard.

Stephen looked Tony, eyes widening as memories popped into his mind.

The purple marks around Stephen's eyes disappeared as did the little red mark in between his eyebrows.

"Stephen?" Tony asked.

Stephen reached out, placing a hand on the back of Tony's head and drawing him in for a kiss, smashing their lips together. He placed his other hand on Tony's left cheek.

Tony was totally taken by surprise, but surrendered to the kiss, placing his hands on Stephen's hips.

Stephen opened his eyes quickly, pushing Tony away. "No." He said. "Shit!" He said, placing his hands to his head. "Argh!" He groaned.

"Stephen?" Tony asked.

"Leave me!" Stephen said stopping Tony from coming any closer, opening a portal and falling into it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 3.1K 40
Peter Parker, the eight-year-old, recently adopted son of Dr. Stephen Strange, was just trying to have a normal life--but that's not really the case...
3.4K 209 9
"the universe has judged me. i asked it for a prize and it told me no." stephen strange is employed by tony to be an avenger when team cap goes again...
70 1 8
Samuel is the son of the sorcerers supreme, born long ago, he's been practicing magic to become more than just strong. Growing up in the sanctum, he...