Embering Lives

Oleh Twilsontehwriter20

2nd Year is going to be different from Katsuki Bakugo, last year there were way too many interruptions to his... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Breakfast?
Chapter 2: Exercise
Chapter 3: Battle of the Hill
Chapter 4: Improvements
Chapter 5: Competition
A Quick Author's Note
Chapter 6: Out and About
Chapter 7: A Step Forward
Chapter 8: All is Fair in Love and War Part 1
Chapter 9: All is Fair in Love and War Part 2
Chapter 10: Just for A Moment
Chapter 11: Shot Heard Round the World
Chapter 13: Underestimated
Chapter 14: Do or Die
Chapter 15: A Glance
Chapter 16: Ashes
Chapter 17: Dances and Despair
Author's Note 2
Chapter 18: Unfold
Chapter 19: Attack The League
Chapter 20: Perfect Game
Chapter 21: Nothing Ventured. Nothing Gained.
Final Author's Note
Chapter 22: A Hero's Reqiuem
Chapter 23: Finale

Chapter 12: Solace

1.8K 46 8
Oleh Twilsontehwriter20

Chapter 12: Solace

“How many?” Aizawa says as he scans through the wreckage of the Ushio building, Hound Dog sighs as he takes his hat off, “7 Pro heros died almost instantly in the explosion, 3 of them were hospitalized.”

Hound Dog says as Aizawa glanced over the chaos, “What exactly happened? Was it the league?” Aizawa says as Hound Dog closed the case file folder while sticking it into his coat.

“It’s speculated but this wasn’t the work of someone’s quirk, this seems more like a terrorist attack more than anything.” Hound Dog says as Aizawa looks on before speaking, “Why the Ushio Building?”

Aizawa questions as Hound Dog answered quickly, “Perhaps it was a demonstration of war?” Hound Dog says as Aizawa shakes his head.

“No, the league is small. Especially with the arrest of All for One, this may just be an intimidation tactic or even a calling card.” Aizawa says as Hound Dog gives him a look, “I believe the murder of innocent people and pro-heros alike seems a bit much for just a calling card.”

Hound Dog says as Aizawa walks toward the wreckage, “It was a trap, however instead of false hostages they used real ones. This was to attract bigger deal heroes, this almost seems like an attempt to pick off key players.”

Aizawa says as Hound Dog responds, “Now that I think about it, Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods arrived. They weren’t killed in the explosion luckily but they did arrive.” Hound Dog says as Aizawa nods his head.

“I’ll investigate more into this later, in the meantime I’ve got to help where I can.” Aizawa says as he jumps into the fray.

Hound Dog walked to his vehicle, “I’ll do the same, these damn villains will pay I swear.” Hound Dog growls as he drives toward the mess.

Katsuki nearly blew a hole in the wall of his room as he paced through it, “Damn it!” Katsuki cursed as his fist stopped before hitting the wall, “I’m a goddamn sidekick now,  so why the hell am I still sitting on the fucking sidelines?!” Katsuki says as arms wrap around his waist.

“Katsuki, calm down please.” Momo says gently as she pulled him into her, Katsuki exhaled and turned around to face her placing his forehead on hers.

“I know Ponytail but it just pisses me off, I should have went with the old man.” Katsuki says as Momo closes her eyes still holding him close.

“Is Best Jeanist still alright?” Momo asks as Katsuki sighs, “Yeah, he’s messed up about it since he didn’t make it in time.” Katsuki says as Momo nods into him pulling back to look at the boy.

“Everything is going to get figured out alright?” Momo says as Katsuki nods, “I just realized we are finally the same height.” Momo chuckles as Katsuki frowns.

“Piss off Ponytail, you’ve never been taller than me!” Katsuki says as Momo looks at his face before placing a hand on it.

“Please excuse me for being blunt and sappy, but have I ever told you that I’ve always loved your eyes? That defiant glint with just a touch of softness. They’re beautiful.” Momo says gently as Katsuki widened his eyes before his face flushed red.

“That was pretty fucking sappy.” Katsuki says with a smirk as Momo smiled. 

Katsuki pulled Momo in and kissed her gently as she held him close, Katsuki pulled away and looked at her, “Don’t expect me to say anything sappy back you hear me?” Katsuki says as Momo leaned her head into his chest.

“Of course. Eventually I will.” Momo says as Katsuki places a kiss on her head as she smiled into him.

They sat in a brief silence before Katsuki spoke again, “I’m going to dig into this. Get to the bottom of it, and beat the hell out of the bastards that did it.” Katsuki says into Momo’s hair as she nodded, “I will as well. I’ve got your back.”

Momo says as Katsuki hugged her closer, “I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Katsuki says as he smiles gently at her.

He quickly scoops her up throwing her into his bed causing her to yelp, Katsuki then climbed on top of her straddling her as she looked at him with mild fear and amusement as Katsuki gave her a death glare.

“Katsuki, what are you doing?” Momo asks as Katsuki begins to tickle her, Momo laughs as Katsuki chuckles, “I got tired of that mushy shit, since you started it i’m getting payback!”

Katsuki says as Momo cackled at the tickling, “Katsuki!” Momo laughed as he continuously tickled her, Katsuki couldn’t fight his growing smile as she laughed blissfully underneath him.

Katsuki had loved the noise oddly as Momo was finally able to push him off of her taking the opportunity to hold him closer, she stared at him as he grew red in the face.

“The fuck are you staring at?” Katsuki says as Momo chuckle before placing a quick kiss on his lips as she pulled away. “Could I… sleep in here tonight?” Momo asks as Katsuki just looks at her before snickering.

“Fine.” Katsuki says as Momo smiles. “But don’t expect anything to happen just because i’m sleeping in the same bed you perv!” Katsuki exclaims as Momo’s face goes red as she slaps his arm and pouts.

Momo had fallen asleep after the fiasco along with multiple apologies and cuddling, that situation fell out of Katsuki’s control far faster than he would have liked but maybe that’s what he liked about Momo.

She wasn’t a pushover in the slightest, even with him, he’d give her this victory this time.

Katsuki had crossed paths with Kaminari who had been trying to rush to his room, “Oi Thunderdolt!” Katsuki called grabbing the back of the electric boys hoodie as he looked back at Katsuki.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Katsuki says as Kaminari looks like he’s about to cry.

“I… Don’t know.” Kaminari says as he tries to run only for Katsuki to push him into a wall pinning him, “Damn it Denki explain. Seriously why the fuck are you crying?” Katsuki says as Denki looked at him.

“Katsuki, tell me man. If you had to do something in order to protect the ones you love would you? No matter how terrible?” Denki asks as Katsuki just looks at him.

“Yeah. I would. Then I would turn around and take out those who threatened them. Denki what the fuck is going on?” Katsuki asks as Denki broke away and wrote something on a piece of paper throwing it to him.

“I’m glad you understand.” Denki says as he runs off.

“Damn him.” Katsuki picked up the piece of paper, he read what was written on it, “Hanzo, Duplica, Wednesday, and I’m sorry.” Katsuki looked at the paper in his hands before looking around shoving it into his pocket.

“Why the hell is he apologizing?” Katsuki says as he makes his way to the kitchen, he pulls out the lunch boxes he made for himself and Momo for dinner as Asuga appeared behind him.

“Boo.” she says as Katsuki doesn’t even flinch, “The hell do you want?” Katsuki says as Asuga points toward the fridge.

“Food.” she says simply as Katsuki just gave her a look as he moved out of the way before she grabbed onto his retreating figure, “However, since you’re here then I want to talk to you.” Asuga says as Katsuki rolled his eyes.

“What’s up?” he says simply as Asuga gives a look, “How are things with Momo?” she asks almost innocently but Katsuki caught onto her gleam of mischief in her eyes as he frowned.

“That’s none of your business.” Katsuki says simply as Asuga smiles at him, “Then shall I make it my business?” Asuga says as she clings onto Katsuki much to his discomfort, he quickly pushes her away and sets the food down.

“What did you want to talk about?” Katsuki says crossing his arms.

“Why do you even want to be a hero?” Asuga says bluntly as Katsuki just gives her a look.

“If you are trying to play therapist with me in order to help me find some clarity, I’ve got plenty thanks. Now fuck off.”

Katsuki says turning away only for Asuga to quickly sweep his feet and straddle him, Asuga pins him to the ground as she spoke.

“I’m not trying to play therapist, I’m asking you a legitimate question. I’m honestly quite confused as to what being a hero even means after yesterday’s events.” Asuga says as her features softened as Katsuki stopped struggling.

“To make the world a better place, to protect I care about. It’s one of those, but you shouldn’t let the actions of others sway you from your passion.” Katsuki says as Asuga just looks at him.

“That’s why, even after the fact that All Might’s gone and the weight of the world is placed upon your shoulders you can still fight on?” Asuga asks as Katsuki gives her a look with his serious expression waning before he fixed it.

“Yeah.” he said almost confidently as Asuga got off of him, “This is why I’ve admired you. It’s so much more to you than just being a hero or defeating the villain. Thank you Katsuki.” Asuga says as Katsuki looked at he before grabbing the lunch boxes.

“No problem, now piss off before there’s a misunderstanding.” Katsuki says as he retreats up the stairs. Asuga looked at the boy before smiling and walking off.

The next morning Katsuki had been walking through downtown pushing past people as he walked to the small sushi place, “Hanzo.” Katsuki says as he walks in, there’s almost no one in there as he looked around to find an old couple feeding each other, a single mother with her kids making a mess and a happy looking chef cooking away with his Wong pot.

He takes a seat as he looks at the menu, “Hello sir, may I grab you a drink?” the waitress says as she bows.

“Yeah, i’ll take a cola if you guys have it.” Katsuki says as the waitress, looks at him with glassy blue colored eyes and dark periwinkle hair as she wrote it down on her pad, “Anything else?” she asks as Katsuki eyed her, “Yeah, get me another drink.” Katsuki says as the waitress nods.

“What kind?” she asks as Katsuki gives her a look, “A duplicate of that one.” Katsuki says as the waitress gives him a quick glance from her pad.

“Will that be all?” the waitress asks as Katsuki nods, “Yep.” the waitress nods before walking away, Katsuki sits there as the waitress returns after a bit placing the two drinks down on the table before taking a seat herself.

“How did you know it was me?” she says as Katsuki shrugs, “Honestly, I thought this was one of those sketchy places from movies where a code word or something brought out the bad guy or something.” Katsuki says as the girl snickered as she then stared at him.

“What? Something weird on my face?” Katsuki says as the girl shook her head, “No it’s just you look way different then how Toga described you, I was under the impression you were an action star or something?” the girl says as Katsuki’s eyes widened.

“Toga? Wait that means you work with the League?” Katsuki says raising his voice slightly, the girl hushed him as she put a finger up.

“No, I just work around them. The liberation army has joined forces with the League.” the girl says as Katsuki’s eyes widened, “Liberation army?” he asks as the girl nodded, “I would love to get into more detail however I don’t have much time.” the girl says as Katsuki went to speak again.

“My name is Chitoge, There is going to be a massive attack in the coming hours within your hometown near your hero’s headquarters. Keep an eye on your friend, they’ll be a part of your downfall in the end. Always look twice at everything. And most of all Katsuki Bakugou, fight for your life..”

Chitoge says as Katsuki slams his hand on the table. “Why the hell are you telling me all of this?!” Katsuki says as Chitoge says as she just looks at him.

“I’m sorry. You’re out of time.”

The side of the building gets blown away with glass fragments and rubble flying all over the place as a Nomu with light blue skin roars sending people into a panic.

Chitoge lays in the rubble of the building as the monster continued it’s onslaught on the section of downtown, Katsuki had pulled himself from the rubble as he blasted over to grab Chitoge putting her in a different spot from before.

“You goddamn dumbass, you get no mercy from me for withholding info.” Katsuki says as he leaves her body by the bench before blasting toward the Nomu with a vicious gleam in his eyes.

“Oi Fucker!” Katsuki calls before releasing a high powered explosion into the face of the Nomu causing it to screech and glare at him.

“You picked the wrong fucking time to come bully downtown. Now you’ve gotta pay the consequences.”

Katsuki says as the Nomu screeches rushing toward him.

“Let’s fucking go, you bastard!”
Katsuki had a smirk on his face as he blasted toward the Nomu ready for battle.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

284K 9.4K 44
It's already your third and last in U.A and you're excited to be graduated as a hero. But things come with an unexpected twist when Bakugo Katsuki ma...
35.4K 1.1K 51
"Two things are obvious... I'm about to die. And I'm in love with Katsuki...
817K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
17.7K 565 37
Understanding Katsuki Bakugou certainly was a challenge. But there still somehow had to be a way to learn how Ochakos classmate thinks just so she co...