Just a Little Sugar

By merrydee

Updates every Sunday πŸ˜‰ Sugar has always been bullied. Her name didn't help matters at all. Why her mother ca... More

Sugar
Water
Butter
Flour
Chocolate chips
Caramel
Apple Slices
Toasted coconut flakes
Coconut Squares
Vanilla
Salted Caramel Garri flakes
Red Velvet Anything
Coconut and a little bit of everything
πŸ”” Announcement πŸ”” : it's not a bad one I swear πŸ””
A little Whipped cream
Regular cake with Chocolate Ganache
Masculine Chocolate
Cheesecake With An Oero Crust And Extra Layers of Frosting
Crispy Crunchy Hot Fries Dipped In Frosting
Buttermilk cookies, Macrons, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Bread, Redvelvet Che..
Sugar squares with chocolate and strawberry jam filling and a caramel glaze
Bailey's chocolate mousse, Champagne cake parfait and Sugar puffs in Honey
Sugar pancake wraps filled with grapes, strawberry and banana slices
Strawberry Cake Roll With Icing Sugar And Chocolate Drizzle
Red Velvet marble loaf with cream frosting and chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Crust And Red Velvet Cake Filling
Banana Loaves And Fruit Parfait
not an update
Sugar Pancakes in a buttercream sponge, a tonka glaze with icing sugar
Waffle towers, maple syrup and multiple toppings
Sweet and savoury leftover turkey Swiss roll with a honey glaze
German chocolate cake with a hazelnut crunch
Red velvet cake in vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut mini chips
Pepper Soup and Chocolate fries to say Amen-Part 1
Pepper Soup and Chocolate fries to say Amen - Part 2
Peppersoup and Chocolate fries to say Amen - Part 3
Peppersoup and Chocolate fries to say Amen - Part 4
SURPRISE!!!
Q and A
I made a YouTube video
I'm back....!!!!

Chocolate fudge and a brownie mix with a hot caramel glaze

1.4K 268 16
By merrydee

It all good you're in the right place. I need to say a few things before you go on with this chapter.

1. Thanks for the love. We're almost at 500 reads and this book isn't even complete yet💃💃
And I see y'all commenting too.  Thank you.

2. My results are out finally and I can safely say I have one more semester before I'm done with this uni thing. 😭😭💃💃💃
Your girl is going to be a graduate in a matter of months.🤣🤣🤣

3. I want you to know as much as I'm loving writing this book. I am going to school and working at the same time. But I will try to update as frequently as I can.

Much love 😍😍
Mae

-----------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing?" Shelia asked Mark as she got into the room.
"Here your meds before I leave" she said dispensing the tablets into the tiny medicine cup.

Sheila was going to pick Rahmat up from the airport and Mark didn't know how he had managed to keep everything from Richard but he did. And Richard would be pleasantly surprised when he got out of whatever hole he'd dug himself into today.

The door bell sounded loudly throughout the whole house and Sheila yelled for the maid to check the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" Sheila asked with her brows raised

"Yeah. Sugar" Mark said like it was nothing. What were they? If Sheila asked. Were they dating now? Or did that require a specific number of dates? Mark didn't know.

"Sugar " She repeated. "I see there's something there. "

"There's nothing there Sh..." Mark began. He'd beem hoping to say Sheila buy after Sugar's speech a couple of days before. He found it hard to from the word with his mouth. But he also found it hard to call her mother.
He had tried.

"You're not lying to me Mark. I know you"

"Maybe there's a little tiny, just a really tiny something there..." Mark began

Sheila rolled her eyes playfully, "I hope she gives you a hard time. She's a good girl. "

"I know" Mark concurred whispering as Sugar's footsteps got closer to the kitchen. "Hi" he said once Sugar was in view. "I tried following the instructions you gave as much as I could. Please don't hate me"

Sugar chuckled. Hate him?  Jeez.
Sheila was staring at them in amusement as Mark went to block whatever was on the stove and sugar was struggling to peer over his shoulder. She was maybe 5'7'' but that just meant Mark had maybe 4 inches on her.

"Good morning Sheila" Sugar finally noticing that they were'nt the only ones in the kitchen. Sheila shook her head and continued smiling at them.
"Oh don't mind me. I was just leaving" Sheila said. "Just wanted to make sure that Mister here took his meds and had food. "

"Oh I can do that if you're running late." Sugar offered, "Just tell me which ones"

"They're already here." Sheila gestured to the medicine cup. "He just needs water and food"

"Okay. No problem. " Sugar said.

"I have to go. You know, pick up Rahmat from the airport " Sheila said whispering the last part of the sentence.

"Oh okay. Bye" Sugar said to Sheila

"Thanks and no coconut water or milk until about... "

"...Three hours after, yeah, I know mom" Mark completed. Sheila always said that all the time. And he didn't even realize that he'd called her mom until he saw the wide pair of eyes staring at him.

He squinted a little bit,shaking his head from side to side. As if to say don't freak out.
And just like she was reading his mind, Sheila breathed out, "I'm not freaking out. I'm not" she said. More like she was trying to convince herself not to freak out. "Okay. I'm going" She said as she left.

Sugar turned to Mark chuckling. "She was definitely freaking out."

"And she's going to continue freaking out in her car" Mark added.

"So...  Why did you decide to start calling her mom." Sugar asked

"I thought about what you said. But honestly it just came out" Mark replied.

Sugar chuckled her mind coming back to what was behind him

"No" Mark said as if he could sense where her eyes went.

"I need to see." Sugar begged, "Please"

"You're just going to laugh because you're amazing and everything you cook is amazing." Mark whined.

"Mark take your meds" Sugar said.

"Nice try. I'm not leaving this spot" Mark replied

Sugar looked around trying to find something that would draw his attention away from the cooker.

An idea popped into her head and Sugar raised herself onto her toes on her left leg, something that was very hard to do and extremely uncomfortable, and pressed her lips to Mark's.

She felt Mark gasp. For like a split second he was frozen but then he held her and kissed her back. Sugar wasn't going to lie and say the kiss was electrifying, it wasn't. But she did feel like she belonged there. With Mark, him holding her and kissing her. She wanted to be there all there. But now her leg was hurting and she needed to see what was on that stove top.

"Ow" she moaned

"What?  What's wrong?" Mark asked worriedly. Sugar felt a little bad but she twisted round and reached for the  chocolate fudge in the pot.

"It's good" She hummed, "Needs a little more butter but it's very good. Just the right amount of sugar"

Mark sighed and simply rubbed his hand on his face.
"Sugar"

"What? " Sugar asked feigning ignorance

"Really?"

Sugar stared at him. She licked the brownie mix off her fingers ND rinsed her hands in the sink. The mix was good. A little chunky but good.
She walked over to where Mark was standing. He had just swallowed his meds and his hands were running along the edges of the empty medicine cup.

"I'm sorry" She said finally

"You kissed me to throw me off and not only that I thought something was wrong with your leg."

"I'm sorry. It was getting a bit uncomfortable standing on my toes. But I'm sorry" she said wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning into him.
He was standing there, probably still mad at her but she didn't care. She wanted to hug him
"I'm sorry"

"Please don't do that again" He asked.

"Why is you heart beating so fast?" she asked looking up at him. She had her ear to his chest.

He ignored her question and chuckled instead raising her chin up to kiss her.

Neither Mark nor Sugar remembered that there was anyone left in the house until they heard Richard groan loudly.

"Arrrghh. Stop it." he yelled, "Happiness. I'm allergic to happiness" he said as he took a seat by the counter top covering his face up with he blanket he was holding.

"Richard, buddy, go and take a bath" Mark said chuckling

"Leave me alone. Let me be sad all by myself. Why did the sun come up today" Richard groaned again.

"I'm sorry Sugar please sit" Marknsaid gesturing to a high stool. Sugar didn't care though. She just went over to fix the brownie mix. She didn't know how Mark was going to get Richard to take a bath and look human again.

"Buddy, I have a client for you today" Mark said, "I need you to shower so you can meet them today"
Sugar knew this was a lie. But anything to get Richard to the bathroom would work.

"I don't need money. They are may fashion designers in Lagos. Some need the money. I don't. I used to spend it on my wife. Now I don't have a wife anymore"

"Richard you deep shit you're not divorced. Go and take a bath" Mark yelled

"Do you know how much her nails cost? 5k. 5 grand. Her hair cost three times that on an average. And let's not even talk about her sneaker collection. What am I going to use my money for now? Spend it on myself ? How? How boring was my life before I got married?"

"Oh for fucks sake...?!" Mark yelled. He pulled Richard off the stool backwards onto the ground. Sugar didn't expect it. So she gasped in surprise. She didn't intervene but Richard was perhaps ready for this fight. The way he struggled with Mark showed that this had been done a couple of times. Soon they were tumbling along on the floor. Sugar winced when she heard someone's elbow hit the door frame.  She was perhaps a little more worried for Mark than she was for Richard.

Another sound that sounded like someone's bone hitting the floor and Sugar couldn't hide the horror in her voice. "Mark!" She yelled

"Yeah babe?" he answered. His tone was breathy and quite like he wasn't worried if his head was split open from this fight.

"Do you have a mixer?" she asked.
Sure sugar. Make up a stupid reason for why you called him. You don't want him to know you're praying that he doesn't break a bone. Acting like you haven't mixed with just your hands before. Her brain ridiculed her.

" Top left. Behind you" Mark manged to say a little rushed before he was knocked to the ground again by Richard.

Sugar figured she might as well act like she was using the kitchenaid mixer. A mixer that she'd always wanted to buy but couldn't afford.

Still watching the drama unfolding on the floor. Soon Mark was on top again and Sugar couldn't help smiling. He dragged Richard out of the room with Richard's grey shirt sweeping the floor.

Mark came back minutes later. He brownie mix was in the oven and Sugar was now working on the chocolate glaze.
His shirt was wet.

"What is your shirt wet?" Sugar asked him

"The idiot. I threw him in the bathroom and turned on the shower and he pulled me inside with him."
Mark said like he was irritated. She wondered if she was the only one that could see that he wasn't irritated at all.
"I need to change this shirt right?" Sugar only smiled and nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 819 22
"Don't get on my nerves beautiful. Tell me what the fuck did you see in the bathroom?" Thabiso yelled. "Nothing. I swear I saw nothing." Rita was hy...
310K 14.5K 72
[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd get my Karma and that led me to you, baby...
403K 54.4K 73
When Maduka meets Nwanyieze, he is certain they are meant to be. He knows she is a woman with secrets, but he cannot stay away from her. He also has...
41.7K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...