Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 10

5.2K 145 40
By faithhood11

A/N

So I know that I usually start off with Grace's POV but I really wanted this part to be in Harry's POV so I'm switching it for this one chapter. There will also be a brief Harry POV at the end of this chapter. This chapter is fairly long so I hope you enjoy! Please comment your thoughts!

Chapter 10

Harry's POV

I liked the adrenaline rush that came from this job. I liked staying so busy that I couldn't think of anything else. What my father did had been haunting me ever since it happened. I could still feel the sting of his belt on my skin. I still had nightmares about being abused when I was a child. Feeling weak sucks. As soon as I moved in with my mom I became obsessed with working out and had obtained a gym membership since the age of thirteen. Compared to mostly anybody I felt strong but when it came to my dad...

"Guys, I have to get going. You think you two can manage cleaning and locking up tonight?" Austin asked at around seven.

"Yeah, we close in half an hour anyway." Grace replied, nodding.

"Okay...well I guess I will see you at home later. Did mom tell you that Zander is staying with Gram?"

"Yep...I'm going out tonight so don't wait up for me."

I looked over at Grace, watching her clean off the counter top around the register. I wanted to ask her where she was going tonight but I didn't dare. It wasn't my business and I had to keep reminding myself of this.

"Okay, sure." Austin said nonchalantly as he walked out the door.

As the last few people finished up eating, Grace flipped the sign over on the door to let people know the restaurant was now closed. Considering the size of this town, I was pretty sure that everyone probably had the store hours memorized. I rang up the last customer and Grace locked the doors behind them.

"So...this was a pretty crazy night." I said.

Honestly, I didn't really know what to say to her. I had never been nervous around girls until her. With Grace it's like sometimes my heart is pounding and I'm all nervous and other times, I'm completely calm and comfortable.

"Yeah it always is on Friday's. We don't stay open that late so everyone comes in around the same time."

I nodded as she handed me a rag and some cleaner, her hand brushing against mine. I smiled when I noticed that her cheeks were flushed a light pink color. I started cleaning tables at one end and Grace started at the other.

"So...are you being so short with me for a reason?" I asked even though I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"Oh no...no reason."

I looked over to her but her back was facing me. I looked at her bum again, biting my lip as she worked to get the surface of a table clean. I smiled, actually enjoying myself.

"Yeah, that is bullshit."

I flinched when she slammed the cleaner on the glass top of the table, turning on her heels.

"I thought I said we were keeping this professional? The last person I wanted to see when I walked in here today was you."

Ouch.

"Grace, I'm sorry but I didn't do anything to you."

I could feel my blood starting to boil. This anger was appealing and all too familiar. I almost wanted to get worked up and by the looks of it; she wasn't going to back down either.

"Oh yeah? You just want to play a game."

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!"

"It's not hard to get Harry. There are so many others just like you. You lead someone on and then pull the rug out from under them. Then you come in here and apply at my job and act all sweet with your smile. I don't want to play whatever this game is. You told me that we shouldn't talk so why are you here?"

"I didn't know you fucking worked here and don't start with this whole 'I'm playing a game.' You sure did lead me on too...for someone that is already taken. Yeah, I see how Liam acts around you."

"You don't know anything about Liam and me."

"I know that he wants you."

"So? Why would you care? You made it clear that you didn't want to talk to me so don't."

"Fine." I huffed, tossing my rag onto the table.

I turned around. I wasn't quite done with her.

"Why do you even like him?"

"I don't!...I mean, I don't know." She huffed.

"Well you should have told me before I fucking kissed you."

"Tell you what? God, you are infuriating. Now I know you are playing a game. I suspected it from the start. You probably made up that load of crap you told me about your dad and..." she started but I cut her off.

"Fuck you!"

Now I really was pissed. This wasn't a game anymore. I started to feel like shit when her eyes glossed over but I didn't want to take it back. That really pissed me off.

"Don't pretend like you know a single fucking thing about my family." I demanded, too far gone to calm down.

"O-okay. Well don't act like you know Liam."

"Fine. That preppy boy thing he's got going sure looks like your type anyway."

I wasn't really even that mad at Grace. Sure, I was taking my anger out on her but deep down I knew that I wasn't really upset with this girl.

Her lips parted and she looked away from me.

"You are really mean." She said her voice barely audible.

I was about to apologize when a tap on the door caused both of our heads to snap towards the direction of the sound. Liam stood outside in a fucking suit. Grace waved, walking over to the door and opening it. Liam immediately engulfed her in a hug as he eyed me from over her shoulder.

"What is he doing here?"

"I fucking work here. Got a problem?" I snapped.

So much for not getting worked up. I already wanted to feel my fist making contact with his jaw. He narrowed his eyes, ignoring me. His hands were still on her and I looked away, trying to breathe. Grace looked so anxious and I found myself wishing I could read her thoughts.

Grace's POV

"I'll be right back Liam. I'm going to change out of my work clothes real quick."

"Take your time. The concert doesn't start for an hour. We'll make it."

I smiled, loving how considerate Liam was. More people should be like that.

"What fucking concert?" Harry's voice intervened, sounding not so nice.

He'd probably said more curse words in the past five minutes than I'd said in my entire life.

"Coldplay." I answered.

Harry rolled his eyes, grabbing his rag and cleaner. He followed me into the kitchen and gently grabbed my arm. I was honestly a little surprised that his grip wasn't stronger.

"I've tried to distance myself but this just isn't freaking working. Don't go to that concert."

"What? No. Liam spent his money on those tickets. Why wouldn't I go?" I said, trying to keep my voice low.

"Just stay here."

"No. I think you've said about enough hurtful things to me tonight." I said honestly, going into the employee restroom to change.

I put on my tight black dress and heels that my dad always complained was too revealing. I would always shrug and tell him that mom picked it out, which she did. I opened the door to reveal Harry standing right there where I left him.

"You're not really wearing that are you?"

"What? I like it. I think it looks good."

"Yeah, that's the problem. It looks a little too good."

"Whatever." I replied, seriously over this conversation.

Harry was giving me a headache at this point and all I really wanted to do was enjoy the concert with Liam. As I walked back into the dining area, I found Liam sitting on one of the bar stools waiting patiently. I walked up to him and he surprisingly kissed my cheek.

"You look amazing! Wow!"

I smiled and he wrapped an arm around my waist. After I locked the front door, Liam and I trailed behind Harry all the way to the back. I switched off the lights and locked the door. Liam stifled a laugh and I looked at him, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Now we have to walk around the building to get to my car."

"That's okay. We can take my car. You can drive." I told him, handing over the keys.

When I turned around to say goodbye to Harry, he was already climbing into his car. Part of me wanted to walk over to him and apologize. I did say some nasty things to him but so did he. I sighed and climbed into the passenger seat of my car. Nothing was going to ruin this concert for me.

.................

Liam and I were literally running into the arena five minutes before Coldplay was due to go onstage.

"We're never going to make it to our seats on time."

Liam stopped in his tracks, looking over at me.

"Get on my back."

"What? No, I'm wearing a dress."

"I happen to know that you always wear shorts under your dress. Just do it." He insisted.

I laughed, knowing that he was right. I climbed up on Liam's back and he secured his arms around my thighs, holding me up.

"You are so damn light."

I shrieked when Liam started running and I could feel the vibrations against my chest when he laughed at me. His sweet cologne wafted through the air and I breathed in, smiling at the familiar scent. It was different than the earthy smell that was Harry. No, don't think about Harry. I held on tightly as Liam ran down the stairs.

"It's okay, I've got you." He assured me.

"Wait...why are we going down to the floor?"

"I got us floor seats." He said expectantly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I wanted you to be able to see them good."

"Well where are these floor seats."

"Row 2, seats A and B."

"Wait, second row? You mean we're going to be in the front?"

Liam looked back at me, wearing a proud grin.

"Liam you're something. This is so amazing."

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much Liam spent on these tickets and where he got them on such short notice but I was so appreciative. I squeezed his shoulders tight as he ran down the last few steps. The crowd was crazy and Liam and I maneuvered our way through the sea of people to get to our seats. I almost got separated from Liam a few times but he reached back for me, holding my hand in his. I kept my eyes on his back so I wouldn't lose sight of him until eventually we made it to our spots.

"Are you excited?"

"Liam I am freaking out! Look!" I said, holding up my shaking hands.

He stifled a laugh and took my right hand, holding it in his.

"Is this okay?" he asked, looking down at our intertwined fingers. I nodded, squeezing his hand.

My head shot up as the crowd went wild. I looked up at the stage to see Coldplay coming out. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my lips. I had been waiting so long to finally get to see one of their concerts. When the violin started, I immediately knew it was Viva la Vida playing. I looked over at Liam and he nodded his head along to be catchy tune. I kept my eyes on him as we sang the lyrics to the second verse obnoxiously loud.

"I used to roll the dice feel the fear in my enemy's eyes, listen as the crowd would sing...now the old king is dead. Long live the king."

We both laughed, leaning into each other. A guy to our right tapped Liam's shoulder and we looked over to find a couple around the same age as us.

"What do you say? They could see better if they were on our shoulders." The guy said.

I laughed, thinking he was just joking until Liam bent down, trying to talk me into it.

"I know you want to."

"Fine."

I climbed onto his shoulders, the girl to our right doing the same with her date. I wobbled and screamed a bit as Liam slowly stood but he was quick to grab my legs, steadying me. The girl beside me linked arms with me for the remainder of the song. When it was over, I got back on my own feet, worried that the people behind us would get annoyed.

The show went by so quickly and I literally jumped up and down, squeezing Liam's hand when the intro of Clocks started up. I squealed. Liam knew this was my favorite song ever by Coldplay.

"Grace...will you remember this forever?"

I nodded my head vigorously.

"Liam, I couldn't forget this even if I wanted to."

Before the chorus started, Liam's lips were on mine.

Harry's POV

I sat in my car behind the restaurant for a full hour, not knowing what to do. No way in hell was I going home. I knew I would just snap on my mum and I didn't trust myself right now. What I really wanted to do was slash Liam's tires on his stupid fucking BMW but I knew that wouldn't help the hurt and anger I was feeling inside.

I sighed and opened my door, not wanting to drive anywhere. Maybe if I just got some air...I walked around the front of the restaurant and across the street. I felt like shit as I paid the lady at the gas station for a pack of smokes but I needed something to calm me down. I hadn't lit up in ages and I had a hard time managing to quit smoking in the first place. Old habits really do die hard. I would know better than anyone. I walked a little farther down the road. I hadn't been in this part of town yet so I didn't really know what was down here.

I literally stopped in my tracks as I came across a small place, music pouring out the doors as some drunk girl stumbled out. I squinted at the neon liquor sign. Don't you fucking dare go in there. I sighed, the smell of alcohol and sweat so familiar to me. Dammit.

I stood there for literally five minutes, smelling the air like a damn psychopath.

"Fuck this." I said, my feet uncontrollably carrying me up the steps and into the bar.

I knew I was doing this mainly because of my father but also because of one girl who was currently out with a guy that wasn't me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
92.6K 3.5K 48
_ 'Insomnia is technically a sleep disorder. I consider it torture of your own brain's design. The self-sabotage of your control system screwing you...
233K 1.5K 85
jackgilinsky commented on you photo; damnnnnn jackgilinsky followed you!